PDA

View Full Version : Vet appointment tomorrow!

*LabLoverKEB*
10-19-2001, 08:43 PM
Sadie and I have a Vet appointment tomorrow! :eek: There's nothing wrong with her- just wanted to tell you all! :) She has to get some shots!! :eek: Ouch! :( :eek: Wish us luck! Thanks!

zippy-kat
10-19-2001, 09:07 PM
Good Luck Sadie-Boo!

Have your momma kiss your owwies and give ya a treat!

Daisy's Mom
10-19-2001, 10:41 PM
Good luck Sadie! Daisy says to say she's sorry that you have to go to the "White Coats." She hates it there. I hope Sadie checks out great!

SimbaTWonderDog
10-20-2001, 01:20 AM
Annual, huh? I always dred annuals day...I hate seeing Sim strugle to get away from the vet as he knows whats going to happen... and hearing him yelp when he gets his shots... it just makes me melt.. he always gets the most attention in the waiting room though!! Everyone commenting on how beautiful he is, and his colorings, and his eyes, his ears.. "oh hes beautiful, what breed is he?" "hes a pit bull shepherd mix" "oh pit bull.. wow" :rolleyes: they are always amzed that he has pit bull in him.. on how much he loves people. because they always think pits are bad.. but anyways.. we like to show our Sim off.. with all of his tricks and his awweing beauty.. hhehehehe good luck Sadie!

tatsxxx11
10-20-2001, 06:46 AM
Don't worry Sadie May...It's all be over before you know it! Love ya, Star and Cody

RachelJ
10-20-2001, 08:43 AM
Hey Sadie, Sandra's right, it'll be over before you know it and as my dogs say, at least you get to go for a ride.

[ October 20, 2001: Message edited by: RachelJ ]

*LabLoverKEB*
10-20-2001, 01:56 PM
Awww.. thanks you guys! :) I really hope everything will be okey!!!

KayAnn, you are very lucky that everybody likes Simba... noone really seems to be intrested in my Sadie.. I don't know why? :rolleyes: She's just a really big sweetie, she's a real big love bug.

Anyway, thanks everyone!

Lablover

SimbaTWonderDog
10-20-2001, 02:08 PM
I know if i met Sadie id be interested! i bet its just because shes such a commonly seen breed.. and there arent many dogs like Sim! ;)

*LabLoverKEB*
10-20-2001, 04:15 PM
Thank you so much KayAnn!! You are right- Lab's are a very common breed! I didn't even think about that! :o :)

Ok, we just got back from the Vet! It went pretty smoothly! :) Sadie didn't whine, bark, yelp, or anything. I was very pround of her! ;) These are the shots she got:
DHLP-P BOOSTER
CORONA BOOSTER
BORDATELLA BOOSTER
LYME DISEASE BOOSTER
HAEARTWORM ANTIGEN TEST

When we were in the room waiting, the vet came in, and took heer, and I started to cry. :( I was kind of scared. But, everything went fine! Thank you all!!!! ;) :)

Lablover & Sadie*

tatsxxx11
10-20-2001, 06:15 PM
Lablover! I can't believe you think we don't care about Sadie!!! :( Oh, you made me start to cry!! We are all DYING for you to get some great, big pics up here for all of us to see! If we can see her in all her glory, we'll all have plenty more to say, I'm sure! We all get to know the dogs so much better when we can see them. Sadie is as special as each and every other dog here. I even uploaded to my computer the little pic. of Sadie you sent me!! And you know, lablover, thanks to her picture clicking mom, Simba does get a lot of "air time" here on Pet Talk! :D I for one love Sadie lots!!! And I know everyone else does too. Give her great big hugs for being such a great girl!!! And by the way, I start to cry everytime they "take away" Star when she's at the vets'!! Sandra

Stenograsaurus
10-20-2001, 07:38 PM
I'm glad everything went all right with the annual visit and Sadie wasn't too bothered by the shots. Idont think my dogs don't even realize they've gotten a shot. They never show any signs of it anyway. They don't even turn their head to look. I think they're too excited to be somewhere different.
Sometimes I'm a little thick so can you explain to me what you guys mean by when the Vet takes them away?

lizbud
10-20-2001, 09:15 PM
Steno,
In my Vet's office Pet & person go from the waiting room to an exam/consultation
room, but then are taken back to a treatment area for shots,nail clipping,detailed exams,etc. My Vet does this I think because
most dogs do better without their 'Moms &
Dads during treatment.(less stress on them)

*LabLoverKeb*
I can't get the link your've posted for
Sadie May to work,but would love to see more
pictures of her.I love Labs also...

[ October 20, 2001: Message edited by: lizbud ]

aly
10-20-2001, 10:19 PM
Beautiful, sweet Sadie... I'm so glad everything turned out fine! Your mommy was worried! Be sure to give her extra kisses to let her know you're doing good :)

Sudilar
10-20-2001, 10:54 PM
Sadie, glad to hear the white coat visit went okey dokey! I'm always at the vet so I'm not too scared anymore. Every time I go, I think they're gonna make me stay! If they take me inna back, I just go with em. I know Mom will be back for me as usual. Everybody knows who "Killian" is! I even get to go to strange white coats and get lotsa tests done. :rolleyes:
Glad your visit went well! Bye!

Killian

Daisy's Mom
10-21-2001, 12:34 AM
Daisy here. Hi Sadie! I am so glad everything went okay at the White Coats. I know it's no fun going there. You got a lotta shotz! That's no fun. Ackshully, I neber eben notice when I get shotz. I think I have too much extra skin flaps! But I still don't like gettin' 'em. Anywayz, glad eberythin' is okay!

Love,
Daisy

zippy-kat
10-21-2001, 09:27 AM
YaY! Everything's ok!!!

Sadie, make sure Mommie gives you lots of kissies and treats for bein' such a brave dawgie at the doctor's office!

*LabLoverKEB*
10-21-2001, 01:00 PM
All of you are sooo sweet! You make me feel soooo much better now!!! Thank you all a bunch for being so kind, and letting me know it would all be ok! :)

Sandra- I'm sorry, for saying that people aren't intrested in Sadie! :( :( :o I love Sadie so much, it just doesn't seem that a lot of people want to say hi, or pet her when we're out in public. Sorry! :o

Thank you all so much again! :)

Hugs and Kisses to all of you,

Lablover & Sadie*

Stenograsaurus
10-21-2001, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by lizbud:
<STRONG>Steno,
In my Vet's office Pet & person go from the waiting room to an exam/consultation
room, but then are taken back to a treatment area for shots,nail clipping,detailed exams,etc. My Vet does this I think because
most dogs do better without their 'Moms &
Dads during treatment.(less stress on them)

*LabLoverKeb*
I can't get the link your've posted for
Sadie May to work,but would love to see more
pictures of her.I love Labs also...

[ October 20, 2001: Message edited by: lizbud ]</STRONG>

Wow, I've never been to a Vet's Office where they separated my animals from me for an annual visit. That's what I thought it meant, but I figured I'd get some clarification before assuming. I don't want to do that again. I like being with my dogs the whole time.

lizbud
10-21-2001, 09:07 PM
Steno..
Not all of the Vet's patients are led to
another room for treatment.I think it's the
big dogs who wouldn't fit on that little
stainless steel table the vet has in exam
room.Also this 'other room' is adjacent to
the exam/consultation room and I am able to
hear even the slightest wimper,should there
be one..After the treatments the Vet Tech
brings Buddy back into the exam room and