PDA

View Full Version : Time Change!

dukedogsmom
10-25-2003, 08:36 PM
Everyone, don't forget to turn back your clocks one hour tonight! I'm glad I found that out before I left work or I would have showed up an hour early :eek:

slleipnir
10-25-2003, 08:37 PM
Oh yeah! I keep forgetting. Thanks for the reminder :rolleyes:

popcornbird
10-25-2003, 08:38 PM
I know..................I'm SOOOOOOOO sad! I get sad when the time changes back to Standard time! It makes the days SUDDENLY seem SO short! UGH! Don't like it! :(:(:(

Now there's going to be an hour extra of night. :(

Cinder & Smoke
10-25-2003, 08:45 PM
And while you're *in the mood* to CHANGE things...

Please Remember to >>>

** CHANGE ** (Replace)

the BATTERIES in

ALL of your SMOKE DETECTORS.

This *change* Could
Save Your Life!!

;) -- :D

popcornbird
10-25-2003, 08:52 PM
My smoke detector batteries are just one month old. Don't worry, they let us know when they need to be changed. They start beeping when the batteries go bad..........and that means time to change! Right now, they're quiet, so that means that batteries are just fine. :D But for those of you who have an older system that doesn't beep when dying, then follow Phred's advice! Great tip!

ticosmyham
10-25-2003, 09:06 PM
YAY!! more sleep! more sleep!! i am going to celebrate..by going to sleep!! lol :D

slleipnir
10-25-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by ticosmyham
YAY!! more sleep! more sleep!! i am going to celebrate..by going to sleep!! lol :D

amen to that!

Uabassoon
10-25-2003, 10:10 PM
We don't change the time here in Az but thanks for reminding me, I always forget when the time change is and since my parents live in a different state it's nice knowing when it's only 1 hour time difference and when it's a 2 hour time difference.

Logan
10-25-2003, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the reminder, Valerie. :)

Amber
10-25-2003, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the reminder!!:)

Karen
10-25-2003, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the reminder, I had forgotten, and extra sleep is always good!

gini
10-25-2003, 11:54 PM
I personally have never liked the time change. I would gladly give up that one hour of extra sleep a year for daylight until 5:30PM at least. It will be dark here now around 4:30 - 5 PM
and I miss the special evening time with some daylight left.

Phred - great advice - and reminder of how important smoke alarms are in your home.

carole
10-26-2003, 01:20 AM
Gini come on back to NZ, we just changed ours forward one hr a few wks ago, and looking forward to those long summer evenings.:)

lynnestankard
10-26-2003, 03:51 AM
Oooohhh Carole - you do realise all of us in the Northern Hemisphere are now green with envy!! Yes I know we've had 'our' summmer but it's suddenly gone verrrrrry cold here in the UK! Then the clocks have gone back - urgh - by next month it'll be getting dark about 3.30pm - I WANT TO EMIGRATE!!!

(Hope you have a lovely summer!!)

Lynne

Randi
10-26-2003, 05:36 AM
Thanks for the reminders, Carole and Phred. :)

We have not set the clocks yet, will this afternoon, that way we can sleep an extra hour tonight. :D Will of course have to go to bed around the same time as usual.

I'd prefer it to be summertime all year round though, no fun when it's getting dark around 16.30. :(

Btw, you better feed your pets an hour later this evening, or they'll demand their breakfast an hour before you get up tomorrow, and you'll get no extra sleep! :eek:

Here's a link so you can see what time it is around the world.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Pam
10-26-2003, 06:11 AM
Randi, thanks for that link! I have often wondered just exactly what time it was in other parts of Pet Talk Land! ;)

gini
10-26-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Randi
[B]
Btw, you better feed your pets an hour later this evening, or they'll demand their breakfast an hour before you get up tomorrow, and you'll get no extra sleep! :eek:

[B]

Now you tell me!:) :)