PDA

View Full Version : Another angle in Tikeya's defense...

Tonya
10-25-2003, 01:49 PM
Like I said before, I really don't know the history, and I don't live with Tikeya's mom....But I'd like to give an example of my childhood.

It sounds like my mom was much like her family. She would give my dogs away at no notice just because they didn't meet her standards.

I can't tell you how many times I came home from school and my bunny/bird/hamster/cat/dog was missing. My mom would tell me this lie about how some person who owned this huge wonderful farm just begged for them.

I still remember my cat Tara, I loved her to death and she slept with me every night. I was like 5 years old and Tara "ran away". I was devastated. Well, weeks later, Tara shows up in my driveway, she'd found her way back home. I was so happy, I ran into the house to tell my mom. My mom yelled at me to not touch her because she had diseases. (I don't think she really did.) Tara disappeared again. As a child, I believed my mom, but when I got older I put two and two together.

We had a few pets that my mom liked enough to keep. I was such an animal lover that I always continued to try and get pets. I always hoped that this one would be the one that my mom would love enough to keep. I brought strays home all the time, some she'd like, some would disappear.

That was pretty hard for me growing up. It was frustrating and devastating to love animals so much and not be sure if you can keep them. As a young animal lover, I was willing to keep trying.

magcpen
10-25-2003, 02:01 PM
:( :( :(

How sad. I'm glad you have animals to keep now. :)

wolfsoul
10-25-2003, 02:20 PM
How sad. :( Sorry about the loss of your pets. :( I'm glad that you have pets to love forever now.

Tikeyas_moms' parents aren't like that with dogs anymore. People have to see them with the dogs to understand. They love them so much. They go out shopping all the time and look for things just for them. The dogs that were given away before were given away for good reasons, and the cocker spaniels they "gave away" weren't technically given away. They were given to the co-owners of them. People change. So the birds were given away for a stupid reason. I know that my mom gave away my dog for a stupid reason. :( But he's happier now, so it's all for the better. Sometimes people mess up, and it's up to them to change. You just have to meet them to understand...People keep saying things like "you won't have enough money" But I seem to be the only one who remembers why they didn't have enough money before. :(

I don't want there to be fighting anymore. It seems like the people who are fighting are enjoying it. I remember saying one time "You know that this isn't going to do anything; you know that this won't change anything." And they tell me that I'm right. And then they start fighting again. What' the point? :(

People are telling me "I'm afraid to post about the pet that I'm getting soon, because I'm afraid of what PT will say. They will say that I shouldn't have done this, or that four pets is too many for my conditions, or that I'm not a good owner to have another pet." So they will stay in silence. :(

I was going to make an announcement in a while. But I'm not going to anymore. I only wanted to because I wanted people to be happy for me, just like Jynnelle wanted people to be happy for the puppy who won't be in the Spca. I thought people would be happy for me, but now I'm not sure. And I'm crying because it isn't fair. So now I'll stay in silence. Atleast I'll know.

Dogz
10-25-2003, 02:26 PM
I know that I do not know Jynelle, and I am not going to fight anymore. I hope that we get to see more pictures of the cutie. I was only in the puppy's defence, nothing against tikeyas_mom.

I go shopping for just my dogs, thats the funnest kind of shopping!:)

I know I have to think before I write, because I think that PT might get mad, and I wish it wasn't like that.:( But I hope that you do tell us Jordan.

:( :( :) :)

micki76
10-25-2003, 02:32 PM
Jordan I for one would like to hear your announcement. You and Jynelle are totally different people, with totally different attitudes. I’m sure you won't be criticized or ridiculed. You must understand that you and she couldn't be more opposite. Or at least that's the way it's been presented to us here on PT. You seem to really care what happens to yours and others animals, while Jynelle’s usual response is either “whatever” or she gets angry when people are mad at her for something that touches them to the core.

Like KayAnn said in the other thread, it’s all in how people present themselves when they're online because we can’t see a face or hear emotions in a post.

GoldenRetrLuver
10-25-2003, 02:32 PM
I apologized to TM, for what I said. I know she has problems with animals in the past, but I think the arguing is going way overboard. I know I'll probably get "thrown down" by this post, but we shouldn't judge her YET. I'm becoming afraid to post if I do happen to get a sheltie, wondering what peope may think. Can we give her one more chance, guys?

Okay...I'm done..

Kfamr
10-25-2003, 02:36 PM
Jordan, I don't understand why you or anyone else would be afraid to post about new additions. You and TM are completely different when it comes to your families and pets.

I've never read a post almost every other month about getting rid of this, then getting that or wanting that . Or aobut your current animals killing one another.

You shouldn;t be afraid to post about new additions, and I for sure would love to hear aobut yours. :)

Well-- Basically ditto what Micki said.

Stay out of my head Micki!:p :p

wolfsoul
10-25-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by micki76
Jordan I for one would like to hear your announcement. You and Jynelle are totally different people, with totally different attitudes. I’m sure you won't be criticized or ridiculed. You must understand that you and she couldn't be more opposite. Or at least that's the way it's been presented to us here on PT. You seem to really care what happens to yours and others animals, while Jynelle’s usual response is either “whatever” or she gets angry when people are mad at her for something that touches them to the core.

Like KayAnn said in the other thread, it’s all in how people present themselves when they're online because we can’t see a face or hear emotions in a post.
You're right, you can't see a face or read emotions. It sucks because Jynnelle and I, in person, are actually quite alot alike. And I can only wish that my parents were like hers when it comes to dogs. I swear, you guys have to believe me that people learn from their mistakes. How can nobody believe that? I've learned alot from first-hand experience...I'm learning right now...And it's sad...Maybe on the internet she has a "whatever" response, but really she's crying and hurting inside.

People here have ridiculed me in the past, and I can think of only one that was for a good reason...and atleast I learned something from it. And I know that I will be ridiculed if I say it, I just know. I don't think I'll say anything. Even if I decide to, it won't be for a while. I'm still not sure yet. :( I know people don't like me when I try to defend my friends. I can think of one person who isn't Jynnelle that said they liked that quality in me...But the majority hate it...:( I don't want to fight anymore...I don't like it when PT isn't a happy place...

GoldenRetrLuver
10-25-2003, 02:47 PM
I would like to hear your announcement, Jordan. I think it's great you stick up for your friends, I do to. Why don't we give Jynelle a chance guys? :)

micki76
10-25-2003, 03:00 PM
I personally think it’s a great and noble thing to defend your friends, if you are defending them because they are right and not just because they’re your friends. (Not saying that’s ever been your reason, just saying it)

I’m sorry that Jynelle’s crying and I’m sorry that she can’t express her true feelings here. It would have helped her a long time ago to truly express how she felt instead of having a blasé attitude about the many things that have happened to her pets.

That being said, I do appreciate her honesty in all replies and telling us about her bad experiences and the # of pets and what happened to them. Many of the things like how many pets have been given away only made people mad, but she told us anyway. IMHO she either wants to see us angry or she’s a completely and utterly honest person, who doesn’t want to hide anything from us. It’s just hard for us to tell which one she is. Her posts so often read emotionless to me. I know she uses the smilies and stuff, but when I read it I don’t feel anything in her words except sometimes anger. :(

I’m sorry that you feel uncomfortable.

And Julie, you too are different. You haven’t caused havoc here posting about the kinds of things that Jynelle has. I’m sure people would be happy for you, too.

shais_mom
10-25-2003, 03:46 PM
Jordan, I am really sorry you are hurting for your friend. I think it is admirable for you to stand up for your friend and for what you believe in. I honestly don't have a problem with you, tho I am sure I am your favorite PT'er b/c I am not nice to your friend.
If she has truly changed, her and her family, wonderful, great, smashing. Only time will tell. :(
I too would like to hear your announcement. I think you are a responsible young lady with a good head on your shoulders. I may not agree with all your opinions, but I don't have to nor you with mine.
I don't have a problem with anyone else getting new pets, and that is b/c I don't think I have seen the immaturity or irresponsibility in anyone else young, old, whatever on PetTalk.
I wish you the best in your decision if you want to reveal your announcement or not.
I also echo the statements of Micki and KayAnn.

Karen
10-25-2003, 03:56 PM
I want Pet Talk to be a happy place. I love when Pet Talkers get new pets, and we get to hear about it, because by and large, Pet Talk people are the most responsible people out there when it comes to caring for animals! I posted in the other thread, I won't bother to reiterate here what I said over there.

We want Pet Talk to be a happy place.

My Dad used to say "If there is reincarnation, I wanna come back as a dog in THIS family." He, by the way, spoild the dog every bit as much as my Mom did when she was alive, do not be fooled!

If there was such a thing as reincarnation, and I hadta come back as a pet, let it be in a Pet Talker's family, please!