PDA

View Full Version : Animal Cruelty

Dogz
10-25-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
Last week I went to the Petshop. Two guys in their late teens or early twenties came in with a cute male Pitbull puppy. I asked them if I could hold it and the first thing that came out of their mouth was that he's mean. He was at the most maybe 6 weeks old. Already I could sense tension in this dog.

Later I am standing at the cash register in line waiting to be rang up. There are dogs coming out of gromming in the back, a cocker spaniel and a poodle. I hear the guy go, "Look at all these wimpy f-king dogs, Chance would kill any of these in a second". I was like OMFG, I cannot believe he said that. What a stupid A$$.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Then while driving away I see the guys outside on the side of the petstore hitting the puppy with things to try to make it mean. WTF!!!! This dog is doomed, poor thing. He's already got issues, and now he will lead the life of a fighting dog, terribly terribly sad. :(
Here is one example of animal cruelty. It just makes me so mad how these "people" can be so stupid. I also have another story.

I went into the pet store, and I was looking at the puppies, and then I asked where the cockatiels were, and they guy was like over there. I went to where they were, and it was a TINY glass cage in the wall by all of the lizards, snakes, spiders, etc. I looked at the cockatiels, and I was just about to call the police. The tails were about an inch long, and they didn't have anything on top of their head... you know what that means right? NOTHING, GONE!! I walked away, but then I went back to see if there was anything else wrong. I checked for food and water. At least they had that.:( Poor tiels.:(

stacwase
10-25-2003, 02:02 PM
Now - THAT is mean and terrible and immoral. Those guys should be arrested and should be banned from owning any animals or being near any animals for the entire rest of their lives. You know how convicted child abusers sometimes aren't allowed to ever have contact with children? That should apply to people who abuse animals, as well.

amoore
10-28-2003, 08:50 AM
i can't stand for people to abuse their pets ! i think they were born with no hearts and their parents raised them to have no compassion for anything or anyone ! they are the same kind of people that have no compassion for the elderly and the disable !and do the abuse that is done in some of the nursing homes .
they never put them selfs in that person or animals place ! :mad:

trayi52
10-28-2003, 01:36 PM
I really do agree with you on this one, I mean I really agree, its really heartbreaking to see an animal being treated so badly, and yes there are humans being treated very badly too. I heard something that really hurt me the other day, a woman telling a handicapped person, that she didn't care if she was handicapped, even if she had no legs, arms or limbs at all. I could not believe this, there really is a lot of cruelty to animals as well as human beings.
The story of the men just wanting to use the dog as something to fight and kill other animals really bothered me, I have a nephew that just raises dogs just for this reason, to fight them in order to win money. Never been to his house, but I hear that they even have dog fights at his house, he has it posted where you are not allowed in, and I was told there was just a huge open grave that he throws his dead animals into. I think he is indeed a puppy mill for these kind of dogs too. As far as tippying the law, around here it just don't work. :( :confused:

Desert Arabian
10-28-2003, 03:54 PM
I would have called the police in seconds. I don't let a-holes get away with animal abuse. Poor puppy!!

I am good friends with my neighbors across the street, they are in their late 40's or so. Anyhow, Shelia was telling me one day that the man who lives behind them beats his German Shepherd. Ever since she has told me that I have been contemplating on wether or not to call the police or humane society. I have never seen it, so that is what is holding me back. I don't know. They just got a new German Shorthaired Pointed puppy too. :( :( :mad:

amoore
10-28-2003, 04:46 PM
my mother always says if you are bad to someone or an animal it will come back to you in three folds . i hope so !:mad: