PDA

View Full Version : While Tubby Yowls Away, Peanut will Play

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-24-2003, 11:31 AM
:D

Hey, what's this? Is that a mouse I see in there?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p6a6eecec631ea9576bbb27fbef286b05/fac61e79.jpg

Yep, sure is a mouse, I better get it!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p6e7918376de77ad35729b2c02019312f/fac61e75.jpg

There he goes, quick, get him!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p40f569a5baef0656c778f7e392f806cd/fac61e71.jpg

Where'd he go? I know he's in there somewhere....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/pab01ebe2d4594bd03b0b3c271a9cc93e/fac61e6f.jpg

kimlovescats
10-24-2003, 11:34 AM
TOO CUTE! That is the same toy I have for mine, and they LOVE IT!!! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
10-24-2003, 11:40 AM
How cute! Your two babies look a lot like 2 of mine. Peanut looks similar to Leonardo and Tubby looks like Chester. I bet they would love that toy. I'll put it on their lists to santa this year. ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-26-2003, 08:38 PM
Ok, I know I've been busy lately and haven't been able to reply to as many posts as I'd like, and it seems rather quiet here on PT (other than the Dog House that is).......but only 2 replies for my sweetie? :(

stacwase
10-26-2003, 08:41 PM
Everybody's too busy fighting. Very cute, though! What kind of toy is that? Does it amuse the cats for long? I'm thinking Christmas Presents!

Sirrahsim
10-26-2003, 08:43 PM
That is too cute:) I remember when my Mom (sirrahbed) first got her emily and elliot they had a toy fairly similar to that one. Is it kind of like a scratching post there in the middle? Emily looked so cute sinking her little tiny claws into that thing. and i swear, they could both play with the little ball inside of it for hours:rolleyes: kittens are so easily amused:D

slick
10-26-2003, 09:17 PM
OMG I missed this. But, wait a minute, I have a puter at home now. I don't have to miss anything anymore.

Peanut, you go girl!!! Get that mousie before Tubby does. :D :D :D How's your tummy doing?? Tell your Meownie that we want to see more pictures of that sweet soft tum-tum. (if it wouldn't embarrass you too much, that is...)

Cinder & Smoke
10-26-2003, 09:25 PM
Boots, da Kat, sez...

Hey PeaNutter ~

Ya tink wunna thoze toyz wuld keep da Two Dawgz buzy??

Maybee I kuld get wun an put a Motorized Kitty inside...
Save a lotta wear & tear on me... :rolleyes:

/s/ Boots

catcrazylady
10-26-2003, 09:34 PM
How cute!!! I'm going to look for that toy!! Peanut is so pretty!!
We need more pics!!!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

I haven't been on line too much in the last few days. I'm heading over to the dog house to see what is going on!!!

anna_66
10-26-2003, 09:36 PM
Really looks like Peanut was having a great time playing:D

Steffi N
10-26-2003, 10:05 PM
Really cute pictures. Peanut looks like she's having fun. :)

Vio&Juni
10-27-2003, 02:47 AM
She's such a cutie :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
10-27-2003, 05:02 AM
PEANUT YOU CUTIE PIE!!!!!

Your little fuzzy tufty paws are SOOOO CUTE!!!!

I wish I could come over and play with you.. and cuddle you to pieces!!!:D

*HUGS* and *KISSES* for you Peanut!!!:D

BastetsMum
10-27-2003, 05:16 AM
GO PEANUT! :D :D :D

Edwina's Secretary
10-27-2003, 07:22 AM
So Peanut....did you catch the mouse???? Edwina had one of those but a visiting d-o-g started playing with it and she was miffed. Dog cooties!

Peanut plays well for a cat of a certain age!

Where was this hiding????I didn't see it until today???

Killearn Kitties
10-27-2003, 07:51 AM
Get that mouse, Peanut!! D Don't let it away with anything!

My cats are very disdainful of these sort of toys. Maybe when they're Peanut's age they will be more playful!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-27-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by stacwase
Everybody's too busy fighting.

That's what I was thinking and why I was so sad about only getting 2 replies, but maybe it was just bad timing in the posting of it and everybody missed it. :confused:

Thanks everybody!

Sirrahsim - yes that is like scratching post stuff in the middle, but she could care less about that part of it, she just likes the mousie part. ;)

Slick - Her tummy is the same as the last update awhile back - not bare, but not fully covered like it should be either. Although her legs are fully grown back, so I'm not too worried. I guess she'll always be somewhat of an obsessive licker. :rolleyes:

This toy had been sitting in the middle of the floor in the loft (where we watch TV) for about a week or two. Usually when we're watching TV, Peanut is downstairs being anti-social, but this one night she decided to come up and be sociable. :eek: But she got distracted by the toy. Seeing as how they are both such oldsters, I didn't have much hope of either of them playing with it, so I was caught off guard when she started batting at the mousie - although I shouldn't say I was surprised, because she does like her mousies. :D She will play with it for about 5 minutes or so, and then just sit and watch it for awhile. But I think a kitten or even a younger cat would have a blast with it!

Tubby will come over, lay down, look interested.....and watch her bat at it. :rolleyes: And when I push the mousie and try and get him to play, he goes for my hand and not the mouse. :rolleyes: Sometimes he's too smart for his own good - thank goodness Peanut's not. ;) :D

Thanks again everybody. :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-27-2003, 11:10 AM
I love Peanut's colouring! How does that toy work exactly? Does it take batteries? I am a bit wary of buying toys for Ally - she gets fed up with them within the first 5 minutes, and then never touches them again:rolleyes:

Russian Blue
10-27-2003, 12:07 PM
I *** LOVE *** Peanut!! Give her a big hug for me ok?

:D

PayItForward
10-27-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
I love Peanut's colouring! How does that toy work exactly? Does it take batteries? I am a bit wary of buying toys for Ally - she gets fed up with them within the first 5 minutes, and then never touches them again:rolleyes:

It just has a spindle in the centre which you don't see which has a metal arm attached. At the other end of the arm is loose and has a toy mousie attached.

When the cat taps the mouse it swing around the spindle and there are only three windows in the ring where the cat can try and catch it.

We bought it for Tubby & Peanut, as my herd love it esp Georgie.

No batteries just fun...our house has two of those toys :eek:

PS. We find collecting all the toys up (mean meowie) and storing for a few days, really increases interest when they are placed out again. ;)

tuxluvr
10-27-2003, 05:17 PM
I have two versions of this - one with a ball you can poke around...I think it entertained her majesty for about 15 minutes...the other, similar to this, has a mousie in it that is attached the same...but you can also "motorize" it - it has a battery and a switch ....Ritz will watch it endlessly...but since she can't actually GET the mouse out to eat the tail....it is now living among the other "snubbed" toys.

Every now and then, we come downstairs and see these "snubbed" toys have been moved around....so it seems she will only play with some toys if we aren't watching.

One is a furry "rattie" that looks like a small raccoon tail....she only plays with this an night and carries it all the way up the stairs. This is usually around midnight and is accompanied with loud HOWLING...which essentially means 'HEY COME PRAISE ME FOR WHAT I JUST DID!" (well of course I do)

Peanut, you are so pretty....and don't mind that "age" comment, we are as young as we feel (and as old as we want our owners to think if it means sympathy treats)

:)

krazyaboutkatz
10-27-2003, 11:52 PM
You're just a big kitten Peanut. :D I have the version with the ball in it and Sunny and Sky love it. Cirrus will sometimes play with it but Storm has never been interested in it. I bet that my furkids would love this version too because they love mice. :)

Barbara
10-28-2003, 05:11 AM
Hi Peanut I had visitors this weekend and so I hadn't time to see you playing;)

You are rather quick with your fuzzy pawsies, aren't you?

And you don't let yowling Tubby mix you up? Good girl:) :D :)

Rachel
10-28-2003, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Edwina had one of those but a visiting d-o-g started playing with it and she was miffed. Dog cooties![/I]

Dog cooties! Dog cooties! Grrrrrrrr:mad:
signed, Hannah

ramanth
10-28-2003, 09:42 AM
*swoons* I love Peanut. You get that mousie sweetie! :D