PDA

View Full Version : HELP AREIS IS REALLY SICK

ARIES
10-02-2001, 10:06 AM
I took Aries to the Local pet E.R. because she had bumps all over her body and she was throwing up so they gave her two shots and some benedrill 25mg. but they only gave use four pills and we were to give her 2 pills every eight hours. and feed her boiled rice and beef and let her drink water. well she was fine on sunday then yesterday she got sick three times and all she had was water so at about 9:00pm i made her some rice and beef and she loved it. and then i let her sit for a hour and then i took her for a walk she slept the whole night and did not get sick in her crate and the bumps were gone. but the reason i am worried is the bumps have gone away before. and then they have come right back. on the top of here head and her legs i had put a wool blank in her crate a couple of days ago after she got sick on the blanket i usally have in there. so i took out the wool blanket and put in a new cotten one and like i said when i woke up today she looked fine and was playing with me just like she does every morining. she is a great dane doby mix at 60 lbs at 4 1/2 months

RachelJ
10-02-2001, 11:01 AM
I never had an experience with this kind of problem so I don't have a clue. If it were me I'd make an appointment with her regular vet to see if he/she could figure it out.

tatsxxx11
10-02-2001, 02:45 PM
It sounds a lot like an allergic reaction to something. Especially since the bumps seem to have gone away after the Benadryl. Was she treated by your own vet for this before?It could be an allergic reaction to food, her bedding, any number of things. I think the best thing you can do is to take her to your vet for a full check up. I'm so glad Aries is feeling better today. But don't wait to get her checked! Give her a hug, OK?

tatsxxx11
10-05-2001, 07:39 AM
How is Aries doing???? Please drop a note when you can. My Jingles would get a bad case of hives occasionally; golf ball sized lumps all over her head and body! We never did pin point the source of the allergy. But always had benadryl on hand! Hope Aries is better :)

Gio
10-05-2001, 08:55 AM
I almost missed this post. I hope Aries is feeling better, please do keep us posted.

jackiesdaisy1935
10-05-2001, 09:50 AM
I'm sorry I missed this post, Please tell us how Aries is doing?
Jackie

tatsxxx11
10-11-2001, 04:39 PM
Hope Aries is doing better! Please let us know when you get a chance.

ARIES
10-15-2001, 08:29 AM
Aries is doing much better now. after we gave him his meds and then made him rest. he was back to her self 24 hours after the post we still do not know what caused the reaction but we whent in the back yard and cut down a couple of berry plants that we saw her chewing on a couple of days before se got sick i also gave her all new beding to sleep on. i would like to thank everyone for the adivce that you have given me.

aries

jackiesdaisy1935
10-15-2001, 09:55 AM
So glad Aries to doing good. It is so scary when things like that happen. Probably a good idea to cut the berrie bushes down. Please give her a hug and kiss from Daisy, Perry and me.
Jackie

tatsxxx11
10-15-2001, 07:34 PM
My lab Star got sick a few weeks back eating the red berries of the honeysuckle bush, which grows wild in many woodsy yards. These guys get into everything!! So very glad to hear that Aries is better!! :)

Daisy's Mom
10-15-2001, 10:45 PM
I am so glad it was nothing serious! Hurray for Aries!

10-17-2001, 04:19 PM
i'm not a vet, but i think you should give her lots and lots of love from me and daisy! ;) i hope this is the last time she has those bumps! :EEK:

[ October 19, 2001: Message edited by: SpencerTheLion ]