PDA

View Full Version : Spiders

slleipnir
10-23-2003, 09:57 PM
Ok..I don't mean to whine or anything but I -hate- spiders. I can't believe how sissy I get around them, I just get chills looking at them. Within the last 24 hrs, 3 spiders have be crawling along my wall, right ABOVE my bed. Of course, I freak out and think its going to crawl in my bed and on me as I sleep and I'll wake up. (I cant tell you how many nightmares I've had where I wake up thinking there are spiders in my bed -_-) So last night my bro comes up and kills 2 of them..then tonight another one in the same spot. But my dad or bro wouldn't kill it cause they were busy :( I hate feeling so useless I wish I could just work up the nerve to kill it. I tried it once actually and it fell on me and I started screaming -embarassed- and my dad comes running up thinking I was dying or something :rolleyes: I'm gonna sleep in Zekeys bed tonight (normal size bed..didn't mean those little dog ones..:rolleyes: that might be hard.) but he crawled RIGHT behind me bed..and disapeared..so he must be in my sheets..waiting to kill me or something. URG. Sorry for whining and being a coward :p

Kfamr
10-23-2003, 10:01 PM
I get so gross feeling when *ANY* bugs are in my house, especially cockroaches. :eek: :eek:

Bugs/Insects/Whatever freak me out, Eeep!

G.P.girl
10-23-2003, 10:01 PM
eeeeewwww! i dont like spiders at all! there are so many of them in our new house. there was one on the back of my door the other day. and one in the sink when i was about to wash my dishes yesterday morning. i dont like them because iam afraid they will bite me. i dont like bugs in general.
no offense to you buggie lovers:)

slleipnir
10-23-2003, 10:03 PM
Whats weird is, I almost never find them anywhere BUT my room right by my bed. Same place all the time. Must be a nest or something, stupid things..

micki76
10-23-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
Whats weird is, I almost never find them anywhere BUT my room right by my bed. Same place all the time. Must be a nest or something, stupid things..

Ok, let's not talk about nests of spiders! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

G.P.girl
10-23-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by micki76
Ok, let's not talk about nests of spiders! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

yuck!!!!!!!!! and i was just about to go to bed!:o

Logan
10-23-2003, 10:51 PM
Spiders don't bother me in the least! But keep those cockroaches away from me!!! :eek: :eek:

Shelteez2
10-23-2003, 11:12 PM
I don't like spiders either. And I also can not kill them, no matter what size they are. So....if my brother or dad are not around to bail me out...... I vaccuum them!!!! :D Bye bye spiders.

wolfsoul
10-23-2003, 11:16 PM
:eek: Spiders are my WORST fear!!! I'm terrified of the little beasts! :eek: I can't kill them either. I'm afraid of the crunch, or that the spider will run my way before I get it. Whenever I'm forced to kill them, I'll take a shoe, and as I am going to slam it on the spider, I drop it on top of it and scream. :o

When you get up in the morning, rearrange your room and vacuum. Believe me, it will make you feel so much better.

I found this gross little wormy thing in my bed tonight. So tomorrow I'm going to do a little bit of extra cleaning!

Tonya
10-23-2003, 11:17 PM
I hate spiders too! I don't know why, but I especially hate the dead dried up ones. You know, the skeletons. They freak me out. The bad part is that there are often spider nests in the phone cables when I'm working. You'd be disgusted if I told you how I get rid of them. :eek:

wolfsoul
10-23-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
You'd be disgusted if I told you how I get rid of them. :eek:
*Raises hand* I wanna know! I wanna know!

slleipnir
10-23-2003, 11:54 PM
me too...:o

neko1
10-24-2003, 06:22 AM
I am deathly afraid of spiders! I've tried killing the little ones, but they do that jumping thing and the scares the heck out of me! One time Brian was trying to get one from our vaulted ceiling in the living room with a broom stick and well the spider came falling down and ran behind the couch. I screamed and ran into the bedroom and refused to come out. (It was a big daddy longlegs, btw). Our spiders tend to like to hang out in the crack of the wall by the shower, so I need to do a spider check before I can shower. :o I think I could talk forever about them too...yuck!!

slleipnir
10-24-2003, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the lovely story PCB while I eat :rolleyes: :p Actually that reminds me. The other day when my brother picked them up in a tissue, he crunches them (yes you could hear it too -_-) and says 'ah, nice n' crisp' or something..gross..I hate that noise.

Heh, I could go on and on about spider stories too. esp seeing they love me so much :mad:

I need to do a spider check before I can shower

Me too..:o Actually I got in once and found one on the shower curtain. So I was stuck...couldn't get out! Scary moment..:p

EssTer
10-24-2003, 12:46 PM
I hate spiders tooo!!!!!!! grrrrrr .......... :mad:

Felicia's Mom
10-24-2003, 07:58 PM
I don't like spiders although not as bad as I used to be. I will kill most that come in my apartment. I don't kill them if I have to stand on a chair to reach it. My fear of heights and falling is worse.

popcornbird
10-24-2003, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the lovely story PCB while I eat :rolleyes: :p

Not my fault that you eat at the computer! I don't do that, so I didn't expect anyone else to do it either! :D

About YOUR spider story, you have no IDEA how much that *crunch crunch* you wrote disgusted me. I actually *heard it* by reading those words. EWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! :eek: YUCKY YUCKY YUCKY!

You know what? My birdie Muffin has spider-phobia too! She is SOOOO scared of spiders, moths, dragon flies, all those things. Just yesterday, I saw a spider, not far from their cage. I went to get a napkin to smush it up *yuck I know, but protecting my birdies from spiders is more important than my fear*. In the meantime, I heard Muffin SCREAM! Then she jumped out of her cage, and ran on the ground. She tilted her body and looked upwards at the spider. Her crest was sticking straight up, and she kept HISSING and HISSING and HISSING. She HATES spiders! Now Popcorn on the other hand finds them fascinating. :rolleyes: He tilts his head and watches them, with such an interested look on his face. LOL

slleipnir
10-24-2003, 11:05 PM
I think we've pretty much established that I probably do the oposite of everything you do ;) Take the room business for example lol. It would probably scar you to know I was also in bed..eatting..on the comp. LOL :rolleyes:

Kfamr
10-24-2003, 11:07 PM
LOL.. I don't know one person who *hasn't* ate ate their computer.

popcornbird
10-24-2003, 11:39 PM
I think we've pretty much established that I probably do the oposite of everything you do ;) Take the room business for example lol. It would probably scar you to know I was also in bed..eatting..on the comp. LOL :rolleyes:

Oh I use the laptop in bed! But...............NO WAY would I eat in bed! Then ants and spiders and all those critters would come to my room! :eek:

As for eating at the computer, I occasionally eat a cracker or granola bar.......or drink water at the computer, but nothing else. My dad doesn't like anyone bringing food near the computers..........after my brother once dropped soda on the keyboard when he was little. :rolleyes:

slleipnir
10-25-2003, 12:32 AM
I use a plate so I don't drop crums and such. I've master the art of eatting in bed lol ;) I actually only have little snacks..not like full course meals or anything...lol Its my computer too..so dad can't stop me -evil laughter- I'm yet to spill anything on it. Its one of my babys so I'm carefull :) -hugs comp- lol

popcornbird
10-25-2003, 01:06 AM
LOL! My computer is mine too, but its my spoiled baby, and I care for it too much. *cough cough* LOL Its the only material thing I don't think I can live without.

*loves my computer*

slleipnir
10-25-2003, 01:24 AM
-raps comp up in baby blanket and carefully walks around room soothing it-

popcornbird
10-25-2003, 01:27 AM
LOL LOL LOL ROTFLOL! :D:D

You know........I can't do that to my computer. Its a desktop, my big baby. :p He he he he

The laptops I use in bed are my dad and brother's. I'm constantly kidnapping them. I even take my dad's to school! He let's me use it as much as I want, because he has a desktop too, so the laptop's his 2nd comp. :p

GoldenRetrLuver
10-25-2003, 01:30 AM
LOL, I broke 3 keyboards all for the same reason...spilling soda. :p Since then, I am not allowed to have food/drinks other then water, near the computer....

slleipnir
10-25-2003, 01:32 AM
I have a desktop too -_- but its like evil..and not at my bed..LOL its my dads old comp I got before my laptop. A hand me down. My first comp though <3 it.

Well Pcb, we've sucessfully managed to stear this thread offtopic. I do believe we deserve a metal of some sort. -cough cough COUGH- Who will present your new gods with such an honor? LOL ok ok I'm going to bed..its obviously to late..er, early and I'm more weird then usual..-runs away crying-

oh, and strengthen those muscles and care for your desktop, k? Its not that hard to hold it you know. -imagens pcb walking down the street carring desktop and talking to it like a baby bouncing it up and down to comfort it- c'mon!!

popcornbird
10-25-2003, 01:34 AM
HAH! LOL

My desktop isn't evil. I love it...........Its a good comp. :D Its better then my dad's laptop.........but my brother's laptop is better, since its the newest computer in the house.

Hey...........what time is it where you're at Schlepy? Like 3:35? GO TO BED! Bad girl! :p He he he he

Ok, back to spiders........I see one crawling down my wall right now! :eek: AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

*runs to the bathroom to grab tissue*

slleipnir
10-25-2003, 01:36 AM
-hires pcb to do her dirty work- I'll give you my spiders day planner so you can catch them at the right time, k?

ok I'm doing it again..Ill go -lowers head-

yeah, its 3:35 :x

popcornbird
10-25-2003, 01:39 AM

yeah, its 3:35 :x

Muahahaha! I know you're time...........hehehehe. Its no where near that late here. If it was, I would be in BIG trouble for still being on the comp. :p

GOOOOOOOOOOO TOOOOOOOOOO SLEEP!!!!!!!!

What time does the sun rise where you're at?

slleipnir
10-25-2003, 10:06 AM
Around 7 this time of year

luckies4me
10-25-2003, 11:02 AM
What a bunch of WIMPS!!!! Yes, you are all wimpos, sheesh. Now what is a LITTLE spider really going to do unless it's a black widow or brown recluse? They hardly bite, and yes I am afraid of some of them, but not like you all. You all just gave me a huge laugh this morning I almost fell out of my chair. I feel sorry for any spider that ends up in your house. And if you think I'm being rude, chances are your right. Man oh man.

I mean think about it? What really are they going to do to you? Chances are they are in your bed at night ANYWAY. Yes they may bite, but you know what, it doesn't hurt a bit, and I know because I've been bitten several times during the night when I accidently roll over on the poor things. I mean, hello, you would bite too if you had a 100 pound person laying on you. Other than that they leave you alone.

The only ones I am scared of is of course ones that if they bite me something terrible happens, like BW's and BR's. There is no need to kill them. Just catch them with a jar and relocate them somewhere outside your house. I am also afraid of the huge garden spiders, but that's because they are the size of my hand and I know I would feel it if they bite. Chances are NO-ONE would be afraid of spiders if it weren't for the media and people thinking they would bite them. If you knew they didn't bite most people would hold them and have no fear.

I love tarantulas but I wouldn't hold one of the bigger ones because they DO hurt if they bite. Ever see those fangs on their face? Some are two inches long, now what's something to be afraid of, not a tiney jumping spider that will do no harm but bother you because he's sitting above your bed........

slleipnir
10-25-2003, 11:24 AM
Its called a phobia. A lot of ppl have silly phobias which they have no reason to be afraid of it. Like clowns. What the heck is a clown going to do to you? I think spiders are just gross looking and creepy which freaks me out. I'm sorry you find my phobia to be unright or silly but unfortanatly its not something I asked to have. No offence, but I took what you said be be kinda rude, and I really see no reason to be rude just because someone sees things different from you. As I see it, my mom is also afraid of spiders, she probably freaked out at one all through out my childhood which somehow got it inmy brain to be afraid of them. Its like classical conditioning. If you ring the bell before a dog eats and it salivates, eventually he will saliavte by the sound of just the bell, right? So how is this any different? I'm sure you have your phobias too. My mom happens to have aracnophobia because where she is from they had tons of BW spiders which she has seen many. I assume she passed it off to me in some what by freaking out when seeing them. Sorry if I took what you said to be wrong, but honestly I don't think you have the right to say its silly we are afraid of spiders. The fact is I know they can't hurt me, but I have no control over the fact I think they are gross discusting creatures.

popcornbird
10-25-2003, 11:25 AM
OMG! LOL LOL ROTFLOL!

Luckies4me! You're blaming fear of spiders on the media? :eek: LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not scared of spiders in the sense that I think they'll do something to me. I just find them sooooooooo, creepy, icky, gross, and ugly. Its their looks that I despise, and their creepiness, and the media has absolutely NOTHING to do with it. Yep, I know I'm mean. Any spider that enters my house is promptly destroyed...........flushed down the toilet, squished, vacuumed, whatever. He he he he

Now don't try to convince me that spiders are cute, because I will *never* fall for that. :p

luckies4me
10-25-2003, 11:29 AM
I think PT takes things way too seriously, lol. That's all I have to say. And I do recall me saying that yes, I WAS being rude. :p

And if you think I'm being rude, chances are your right.

Oh yes I DO have the right to think it's silly. And PCB, you have a sense of humour. Didn't think people would catch that. :rolleyes:

slleipnir
10-25-2003, 11:33 AM
-_- Ok I'm lost. You didn't sound sarcastic to me.

luckies4me
10-25-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by luckies4me

Oh yes I DO have the right to think it's silly. It's called an OPINION. And PCB, you have a sense of humour. Didn't think people would catch that. :rolleyes:

slleipnir, the media thing was a joke if you didn't notice. PCB got it. Great job PCB!!! :D :rolleyes: :p

Hey everything else gets blamed on the media, what makes spiders any different? Maybe I just have a wacked sense of humour......

popcornbird
10-25-2003, 11:35 AM
I'm scared of them when they fall while I'm squishing them. Then I SCREAM! The big fat ugly nasty black ones are the ones I fear. But my brother, he fears all spiders. He wakes me up at 2am to kill them in his room if he sees one. :rolleyes:

BTW LuckyDucky..............what do you mean? :p

luckies4me
10-25-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
I'm scared of them when they fall while I'm squishing them. Then I SCREAM! The big fat ugly nasty black ones are the ones I fear. But my brother, he fears all spiders. He wakes me up at 2am to kill them in his room if he sees one. :rolleyes:

BTW LuckyDucky..............what do you mean? :p

OMG, *I*, Little Old ME, has a NICKNAME!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I feel so special!!! :D :D :D

What do you mean, what do I mean? LOL

slleipnir
10-25-2003, 11:37 AM
Yeah yeah, I get it. Everyone always blames the media for everything. Sorry I wasn't in a jjoking mood to pick it up

Kfamr
10-25-2003, 11:38 AM
Ooohhh Geez... :rolleyes:

luckies4me
10-25-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Ooohhh Geez... :rolleyes:

Uh, oh. Here comes Kayan............dun dun dun dun! Get ready to roll! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I never knew Pet Talk was so full of humour!

popcornbird
10-25-2003, 11:40 AM
OMG, *I*, Little Old ME, has a NICKNAME!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I feel so special!!! :D :D :D

What do you mean, what do I mean? LOL

When you said I had a sense of humor, I didn't get it..........because I DIDN'T know it was a joke. I thought you meant it. LOL

As for the nickname, I was thinking up a nickname for you for a while...........but finally got the perfect one. He he he

Every PT'er deserves a nickname LuckyDucky. :p He he he he

slleipnir
10-25-2003, 11:41 AM
No, seems your the only funny one luckies..

Kfamr
10-25-2003, 11:43 AM
Uh, oh. Here comes Kayan............dun dun dun dun! Get ready to roll! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I never knew Pet Talk was so full of humour!

KayAnn.

Wow, i never knew you could be so immature Luckies! Yet, at the same time OH SO HUMOROUS!

Oh dear, help me -- I'm rolling for sure -- On the floor laughing.

luckies4me
10-25-2003, 11:47 AM
WOW Thanks slleipnir, I will take that as a compliment. :D :rolleyes: Cheer up, wake up, and stop caring about what other people write. I'm not trying to be funny, if you haven't noticed. I guess after you hit your twenties things are interpreted differently.

See everything on Pet Talk has an ending that can be scripted, that's the REAL funny thing.

Thanks PCB for the nick. Tee hee. I think it's cute! :) really, though I do, and I am being serious. But yes it was a joke. The whole thing was a joke, hence me being rude.........nevermind, guess you have to be in my shoes to understand. There are only a select few here at PT who might be able to understand what this is about.

Hey Pops, have you heard my Lucky song yet?

luckies4me
10-25-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
KayAnn.

Wow, i never knew you could be so immature Luckies! Yet, at the same time OH SO HUMOROUS!

Oh dear, help me -- I'm rolling for sure -- On the floor laughing.

Ha ha. See what'd I say? SCRIPTED!!!!!! Now that's the funny stuff.

Kfamr
10-25-2003, 11:50 AM
Ha ha. See what'd I say? SCRIPTED!!!!!! Now that's the funny stuff.

Umm... OK? :confused: :rolleyes:

slleipnir
10-25-2003, 11:51 AM
So basically in a year I'll interprete things differently? Maybe, but doubtful. And yes I do care what ppl say, esp about me (or my family/friend) I duno if thats good or bad, but I do. The way I took what you said was its basically shameful to be afraid of such a little thing that can't hurt you. Which annoys me.. But anyway I'm confused to whether you were joking or not about that so anyway. You said you were joking, then said you weren't so I don't know. All I know is a lot of ppl have phobias and there probably is no reason for me to be afraid of them but it can't be helped at this point

Kfamr
10-25-2003, 11:55 AM
OH NO AUDREY!
I'm eating at the computer. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

slleipnir
10-25-2003, 11:56 AM
:eek: :eek:

:(

luckies4me
10-25-2003, 11:56 AM
You obviously don't understand. But that doesn't matter.

Kfamr
10-25-2003, 11:58 AM
You obviously don't understand. But that doesn't matter.

Obvious.
It matters to me. :)

slleipnir
10-25-2003, 11:59 AM
Sorry my IQ isn't high enough to comprehend you :( If you tried explaining it however maybe I would..

Kfamr
10-25-2003, 12:00 PM
http://kay.unavoidable.net/Food.jpg
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Kfamr
10-25-2003, 12:01 PM
Sorry my IQ isn't high enough to comprehend you :( If you tried explaining it however maybe I would..

LMAO. omgomgomgomgomg... You've now become HILLARRYaSS!

:eek: :eek: :D :D :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :eek: :eek:

popcornbird
10-25-2003, 12:05 PM
KayAnn! STOP STOP STOP! I haven't eaten breakfast yet *had to come to PT first and ended up staying*, and I'm already hungry. Now what YOU just did is made me even hungrier! :eek: I haven't eaten fast food in AGES.........and I mean AGES. He he he he

*think I'm going to go down and make a cheese sandwich or something*

Kfamr
10-25-2003, 12:07 PM
MMmmm.. Wendy's new Homestyle Chicken Strips and fries :) :) :)

slleipnir
10-25-2003, 12:08 PM
-attacks kay and steals food- (along with bbq keyboard key w/ fur)

Kfamr
10-25-2003, 12:09 PM
-attacks kay and steals food- (along with bbq keyboard key w/ fur)

Lmao ;x I just gave the last bite of chicken to Simba and Nala ... Fries are long gone as well.

Yea, and the BBQ key is long gone. It was F6.:p

slleipnir
10-25-2003, 12:10 PM
NO! How could you?! -cries-

popcornbird
10-25-2003, 12:12 PM
KayAnn doesn't have a sharing spirit. *sniff*

HOW COULD YOU EAT IT ALL WITHOUR OFFERING US ANY? How mean! :( You didn't even give me ONE french fry. Now even one. :( *sniff*

He he he he

Kfamr
10-25-2003, 12:13 PM
I don't share with people, only my pups! :o :D :p

micki76
10-25-2003, 12:15 PM
Well, I guess once yu hit your 30's you revert BACK to your old way of interpreting things, cause I'm with the young'uns here. I don't get it and I'm not sure I want to.

I took your post the same way as slleipnir.

The whole thing was a joke, hence me being rude.........nevermind, guess you have to be in my shoes to understand. There are only a select few here at PT who might be able to understand what this is about.

What the heck is this comment about? Sounds a little like you and a "select few" may think you're better than the rest of us?
Please forgive me if I took this the wrong way.:confused:

slleipnir
10-25-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
KayAnn doesn't have a sharing spirit. *sniff*

HOW COULD YOU EAT IT ALL WITHOUR OFFERING US ANY? How mean! :( You didn't even give me ONE french fry. Now even one. :( *sniff*

He he he he

Don't expect anything..she still owes me a cupcake..

Kfamr
10-25-2003, 12:17 PM
You guys can have the crackers from my dad's chili ( I almost wrote Dog's chili:rolleyes: )

He doesnt ues them, so he gives them to me. :p

Dogz
10-25-2003, 01:04 PM
*pouts* I WANT FRENCH FRIES! I haven't had french fries in ages either. {sigh} Hey Kayann, do I get a cupcake? PULEASE?:D;)

On with the subject... I don't like spiders. ewww.

:D :D ;) :) :D :D ;) ;)

luckies4me
10-25-2003, 01:55 PM
My apologies to everyone....

micki76
10-25-2003, 01:59 PM
My apologies to everyone....

No problem. Misunderstandings happen all the time. :)

luckies4me
10-25-2003, 02:01 PM
:)