PDA

View Full Version : Arizona PT meeting

Uabassoon
10-23-2003, 06:32 PM
It's still a while away, but I thought I would post early in case anyone wanted to make plans to come out here. The meeting will be Feb 21 from 10am-4pm at Reid Park in Tucson. It's the Arizona Animal Fair, the largest in Az and one of the largest Animal Fairs in the southwest. There will be non stop demonstrations, contests, agility demonstrations and Muttley Crew will be there. They are a touring show with frisbee and dancing dogs. There will also be some booths like the Puppy Pawcasso booth (painting with your dog), Glamour Paws Pet Photography, Pet Weddings (the provide the wedding dress and tuxes and you provide the dogs :) ) I will be there with work because the pet sitting agency I work for will have a booth set up, but I will still have plenty of time to walk around and hang out.

GoldenRetrLuver
10-23-2003, 06:41 PM
We *might* be there! :)
One question though. Are there hotels around there that allow pets? If we do come, I'll try to convince my dad if we can bring both Molly and Daisy. If not, we'll probably just bring Daisy. :)

Uabassoon
10-23-2003, 06:49 PM
As far as I know there should be hotels here that allow pets, I read in a magazine that Tucson was one of the most pet friendly cities to visit and it listed a bunch of hotels that allowed pets, now I wish I would have saved the article. I'll look around and see what hotels are close to reid park that aren't too expensive, but most of the hotels here are pretty cheap. And if you and your doggies love the outdoors there are lots of great nature trails to take them on while you're down here.

Uabassoon
10-23-2003, 06:52 PM
I found this website for you, it lists all the hotels in Tucson that allow pets and gives the prices as well.
Pets Welcome (http://www.pets-allowed-hotels.com/us/Arizona/TUCSON/index.html)

I would recommend this hotel, it's within walking distance to the park and the price isn't that bad.
Clarion Randolph Park (http://www.pets-allowed-hotels.com/us/Arizona/TUCSON/CLARION_RANDOLPH_PARK/index.html)

GoldenRetrLuver
10-23-2003, 06:57 PM
Great, thanks! :D

Foam
10-23-2003, 08:11 PM
Laura, Laura! My mom said I could come! :D:D:D:D:D

We'll be there! Ozzy will be big, tall and gangly! I don't know if we should bring Darlin though, because she's so small, and with her long coat and all she gets tired out really easily...Hmm..:confused:

But we'll see you then!
We could all make T-Shirts that say Pet Talker with our names on them so we could find eachother!! :D:p Lol!

Uabassoon
10-23-2003, 10:15 PM
I'll be wearing my work shirt with my name on it :)

GoldenRetrLuver
10-23-2003, 10:39 PM
I just talked to my dad and......
We'll be there!!! :D:D:D We're not sure if we're bringing both dogs yet...but we'll see. :)

Uabassoon
10-23-2003, 10:48 PM
Yay! That's great news!

Foam
10-26-2003, 09:15 AM
:D

Uabassoon
11-06-2003, 08:17 PM
I also just found out that the Pet Fair is going to have a tent with a microchipping clinic, so if any of you have been thinking about getting your puppers chipped the pet fair will be a great time to do it for a cheap price :).

aly
11-06-2003, 09:04 PM
I wish I could go :( But there's no way I can drive that far. Phooey!

Uabassoon
11-06-2003, 09:10 PM
Sure you can Aly :). Reece will keep you company.

aly
11-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
Sure you can Aly :). Reece will keep you company.

Total Distance: 926.23 miles
Total Estimated Time: 14 hours, 45 minutes

:eek: :eek: :eek:

GoldenRetrLuver
11-06-2003, 11:16 PM
I'm not so sure if we should bring the dogs now. :( I heard on another board, there is "Valley Fever" in Tucson? I don't want to risk Molly and Daisy catching it...

Uabassoon
11-07-2003, 01:57 AM
Yes Valley Fever is a disease that is very common around here, it is cause by spores that live in the dirt here in the desert, However since your dogs will only be here for a weekend they will be fine. Dogs usually get it because they live here for an extended period of time and dig in the dirt making their lungs exposed to it. Missy has never had Valley Fever before and we adopted her over 2 years ago. Just make sure while they are here they aren't digging in the dirt and they won't catch it.

GoldenRetrLuver
11-08-2003, 10:10 PM
Ok, so that's the only way they can catch it? They can't contract it from another dog? Sorry...I'm just a little paranoid lol. :p My dad and I will most likely just bring up Daisy. :)

Uabassoon
11-08-2003, 10:53 PM
Nope it's not caught from dog to dog. So they should be fine, they won't be around here long enough to develop valley fever.

GoldenRetrLuver
12-08-2003, 06:36 PM
Just bumping this up. :)

So far, it's a go that I'll be there! :)

Uabassoon
12-09-2003, 09:56 AM
Yay!

GoldenRetrLuver
01-02-2004, 10:30 PM
Bump :)

Uabassoon
01-02-2004, 10:31 PM
Yay it's only a month away :)

Foam
01-15-2004, 12:08 AM
:D!
I can't wait...I'm so excited to go. Less than a month away!
So Julie, you're just bringing up Daisy, I'm sure? I'm only brining Ozzy. Darlin would /love/ it, but she can't even go up and down the street in spring without needing to stop and rest. :( Her fur is just too thick and long. She'd be miserable. We'll have to see what the weather is like...maybe if it's low enough we'll try bringing her.

I saw a thing on Animal Planet a while ago with a dog on Rescue Stories that joined the Muttley Crew. I'm so excited to see them.
Ozzy and I need to learn a thing or two 'bout our agility. :cool:

See y'all there!

(oh yeah, Ozzy's breeder might be able to come but she's not sure yet :))

GoldenRetrLuver
01-15-2004, 08:11 AM
I'll need to see what the weather is like first, and if it's cool enough, I'll *try* to bring Molly, but I'm not promising anything. She doesn't do very well in hot weather, she does have all that fur! Daisy though, will be coming for sure. :D

I can't wait either! :D

GoldenRetrLuver
01-20-2004, 08:47 PM
Bump

Only a month away! :D:D
I'm still working on my dad to bring Molly too...that way, Ozzy and her can get married. :p

Tonya
01-21-2004, 07:31 AM
Hmmm, Arizona, eh? My family there are probably the only folks that I'd admit I have almost 3000 posts too. They're bigger pet geeks then me! It's awfully close, but it is a thought! I'll wait and see how my tax return looks.

Foam
01-29-2004, 05:49 PM
LMAO Julie!! :D Yes, they need that marriage, alright. ;):p

Tonya, that's awesome! Hopefully you can come. :D

GoldenRetrLuver
01-29-2004, 05:55 PM
Lol Cayter. We had the same idea to bump this up. :p

My dad said he's not sure if we can bring Molly. :( As much as I want to bring her, I'm not sure if it's the best idea. :/ We're driving 10 hours away, in a car. She gets anxious if we drive to the dog park, which is 20 minutes away, so I don't know how she would do for 10 hours. :eek: And having 2 dogs, on a leash, at a faire for 5 hours might be too much...We'll see though...there's still a month left!

Foam
01-30-2004, 05:50 PM
I understand about Molly. That would be quite of a hassle...Ozzy gets SO anxious when we drive 30 minutes+ to somewhere to meet up with Kristen. Darlin oukes in the car to, and what you said about two crazy dogs for five hours...I'm not sure about that one. :p
Also, I am for sure going, BUT I'm going to be a little late..My dad's meeting doesn't get out until 12, plus my brother is in a program called HATB where a hispanic person comes and lives with us, and that is there last meeting before he leaves. I don't want him to come!!! I want it to just be me. :p

Krsiten won't be able to make it. There are some herding competitons that day that she is going to go to with her dogs. also, what did you dad say about Rain? :p:D

GoldenRetrLuver
01-30-2004, 06:08 PM
I'm lucky I don't have ones that puke in the car. :p Daisy's layed back, so she'll sleep most of the way. But Molly...errr...will NOT relax. We put her in the back seat, and she tries to come up in the front with me. She doesn't undestand she's a BIG, furry dog. ;):p

I haven't talked to him about Rain yet. He actually brought up the conversation about a 3rd dog today...and we talked, so I'll ask him when he gets home. :) Not promisng anything...lol, it's a long shot. :p

That's fine if you're a little late. :) I'll be waiting...haha.

Uabassoon
01-30-2004, 06:13 PM
Tonya I really hope you are able to make it to Tucson, it would be so much fun to meet you! Hey do you think Ozzy would mind having two wives :) I want Missy to take wedding pictures too :)

Tonya
01-30-2004, 11:55 PM
I've been searching online. If I can find plane tickets for $150 or less, I'll go. :D

Foam
01-31-2004, 11:34 AM
Tonya, that's awesome! :D *I might get to meet Dusty! ;D*

Haha, Laura! Sure! I'm sure Ozzy would love to get married with Missy :D

Uabassoon
01-31-2004, 01:39 PM
Tonya that would be awsome!

GoldenRetrLuver
02-02-2004, 11:37 PM
ONLY 19 DAYS!
I can't wait! :D

Foam
02-04-2004, 07:15 PM
17!!

GoldenRetrLuver
02-07-2004, 09:33 PM
2 more weeks! :D:D Can't wait!

Kfamr
02-07-2004, 09:59 PM
I want to meet my wifey Laura. *cries*

Uabassoon
02-07-2004, 10:01 PM
Kay remember when I said at karaokee I would dedicate a song to you? I sang "I want you to want me" :)

Kfamr
02-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
Kay remember when I said at karaokee I would dedicate a song to you? I sang "I want you to want me" :)

LMAO!!!

You should have had someone record it or something! :D :D :p

Uabassoon
02-07-2004, 10:04 PM
Maybe next week :)

wolf_Q
02-08-2004, 02:01 AM
Have fun you guys! Take LOTS AND LOTS of pics!! :D

GoldenRetrLuver
02-08-2004, 06:39 PM
I'm so excited! Only 13 days away! :D I can't wait to start packing...hehe. :p My dad made hotel reservations at the one Laura suggested. :)

Uabassoon
02-08-2004, 09:34 PM
You'll be staying right by the dog park! I pass that hotel everytime I go out to the park.

GoldenRetrLuver
02-10-2004, 05:50 PM
Daisy says:

I'm all packed and ready to go to Arizona!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid103/p90aa7a6fca2c9acecd661d17d1bbb57c/f9a7c159.jpg

....after my nap.

;)

Uabassoon
02-10-2004, 06:17 PM
Aww how cute!

Foam
02-10-2004, 06:51 PM
Lmao!!! Haha that is too adorable! :D

Uabassoon
02-18-2004, 01:50 PM
Are you two ready for this weekend :)

Foam
02-20-2004, 05:43 PM
One more day!

Freckles
02-20-2004, 08:32 PM
Everyone have their cameras loaded and with fresh batteries?:)
Expecting lots of pictures, please.

Foam
02-21-2004, 06:06 PM
Oh my gosh, Ozzy and I are SO tired! That meeting was awesome, guys thanks for coming and inviting and everything!
Julie and Laura were so much diffrent then they seemd online. :p Julie was so quiet, and Laura was always the one to start up a convo. :D
Missy, Daisy and Ozzy all got along great! I used two whole disposable cameras, and I'm pretty sure Laura and Julie got a bunch as well. :)

Well I am SO tired, I'll scan my pitures and everything later.
Thanks again guys!!! :D:D:D

popcornbird
02-21-2004, 10:17 PM
I knew Julie would be quiet! I just knew it!! The biggest blabbermouths online are often the most quiet in person, from my experience. ;) That's how I am as well. :p

Glad you all had fun! I can't WAIT to see the pictures, and hear all the stories!

Uabassoon
02-21-2004, 11:08 PM
The pictures have been posted in general. Well, at least my pictures have been posted :). The meeting was lots of fun both Julie and Cayter were super nice and their dad's were both great. I also thought that Julie was going to be shy in person :).

GoldenRetrLuver
02-22-2004, 03:46 PM
LOL, I'm baaaaack! :D
We left the hotel at 3:30 AM today (Yes, in the morning :p) and got back around 11:30. Molly was soo happy too see me. :D Hehe. Daisy just plopped down on the floor in the hotel when we got back...she was pooped. :p

Oh, so now I'm labeled as the shy person? Great..:p Cayter didn't talk much either, lol. You guys were great.

Anyway, I had a great time! We should do this again next year. I've got a bunch of picures to post!