PDA

View Full Version : Corkscrew has been Sneezing

Uabassoon
10-23-2003, 04:16 AM
When I woke up this morning Corkscrew was sneezing, he was sneezing last week too but it only last about an hour or so then he was fine. But he has been sneezing all day today and his eyes are a little watery. Then right now I noticed he's starting to sound congested :(. I'm hoping that it's only allergies and he'll be fine by tomorrow. Please keep your fingers crossed that he isn't getting another URI.

Barbara
10-23-2003, 05:03 AM
Oh I know that sneezing from Filou..........
I keep my fingers crossed for Corkscrew. Sometimes it goes away in a day.

IttyBittyKitty
10-23-2003, 05:19 AM
Sounds like a little kitty cold ... Randi had a cold not long after he joined us. He had the same symptoms - runny eyes, runny nose, sneezes and raspy breathing. I was getting quite worried and was planning the vet visit when it went away on its own accord. I have been keeping an eye on him ever since. Like Barbara says, sometimes they do go away and I know that cats get little colds just like we do.

ChrisH
10-23-2003, 06:28 AM
Fingers crossed.

Uabassoon
10-23-2003, 02:55 PM
He's still really sneezy again today :(. His sneezes are very wet and he's still really congested, poor baby :(/

Soledad
10-23-2003, 06:14 PM
Put him in the bathroom and steam him!! It did good things for my Boo and Donna's baby Sarah.

Uabassoon
10-23-2003, 06:22 PM
Put him in the bathroom and steam him!!

I tried that last night and again this morning. We have a vet appointment for tomorrow, when I got back from class right now I noticed that he is having some clear drainage from his eyes and nose. I can't help but feel like a bad kitty mommy, he's always getting sick. I've only had him for 2 years and this is the third time he's gotten sick. I think I'm doing everything right, I give him the best food I can, keep him indoors.. everything that a good kitty mom should do, yet he still keeps getting sick. I know that the first time he got sick the tests showed he had a coronavirus, but I still try to everything I can to keep him healthy and I'm not doing a good job. :(

Soledad
10-23-2003, 06:31 PM
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

NO

I will not allow you to say that or think that way. You are an AMAZING cat mom and all of here at PT knows it. It's so completely obvious.

Maybe Corkscrew has kitty herpes which never fully goes away, but comes back every now and then.

Please, don't be hard on yourself. You do the best you can, and you give those two cats so much love. More love, care and attention than most people give their human loved ones. :)

Aspen and Misty
10-23-2003, 06:55 PM
O NO!!! Not my corckscrew :( get better soon baby boy!

Ash

Steffi N
10-23-2003, 07:02 PM
Corkscrew, I am sorry you aren't well and hope you get better soon.

ScantyNebula
10-23-2003, 07:49 PM
Don't blame yourself!! We all know you DO do everything you can to keep your furkids happy and healthy. Things happen, thats all. Toby had the sneezies before too .. it lasted around a week or more then just went away and he was fine. I think he has allergies or something because even now I notice his eyes get watery sometimes. Maybe thats all it is ... crossing my fingers :p

Felicia's Mom
10-23-2003, 08:15 PM
Get better soon, Corkscrew!

krazyaboutkatz
10-23-2003, 11:59 PM
Laura, I'm so sorry to hear that Corkscrew may have another URI. :( Please don't blame yourself. You're doing all the right things for him and are a great cat mom. Some cats are just more prone to getting sick than others. My RB Pepper was one of them.
Hopefully it's just allergies. Sometimes Sunny and Sky will get the sneezies and then it goes away on it's own.

Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way for Corkscrew. Please keep us updated and take care.

shais_mom
10-24-2003, 01:06 AM
Don't be so hard on yourself Laura, some things we just can't help!
I hope he feels better soon!!!
{{hugs to both!!}}

Uabassoon
10-24-2003, 04:54 AM
I'll let you all know how his visit at the vet goes tomorrow. He's been so lethargic all day, he's also been friendly which is usually a red flag. Today he sat on my lap and took a long nap on me when I was watching tv, that very unlike Corkscrew and usually a sign that he's not feeling well. So hopefull whatever it is isn't too serious and can easily be fixed with some antibiotics.

Uabassoon
10-24-2003, 11:31 AM
Poor Corkscrew didn't have a good day today. This morning he was hiding under the bed since he wasn't feeling very well, I tried to get him out but he refused to come out. So I had to move the bed and grab him and put him in the carrier. He didn't have too much fun at the vet, however he did seem to enjoy that they now have ear thermometers and they didn't have to stick anything up his bum. He weighs 13 lbs now! But anyways, the vet said it would be hard to tell if it's an infection or allergies without running tests on him. He recommened treating him for both and then if he doesn't get better we will run tests on him. They gave him an antibiotic shot and sent me home with some amoxil, a vetalog pill and NeoPolybac for his eyes since they were really swollen. On the way home he peed in the carrier, so when we got home I had to clean him off and he was really upset about that, he hissed at me :(. Poor baby, hopefully he will start to feel better soon.

kimlovescats
10-24-2003, 11:32 AM
Oh, I hope and pray that sweet Corkscrew is just having Fall Allergies! Please let us know how he is doing!

Hugs!

Uabassoon
10-24-2003, 04:31 PM
The medicine seems to be helping :). Corkscrew finally came out from under the bed where he has been hiding since this morning. I sat next to him and his breathing seemed much better, today the vet let me listen to his breathing with the stethascope and I couldn't believe how raspy it sounded! Hopefully he's feeling better, right now he's just really drowsy from the shot and medicine. But I'm sure he feels much more comfortable now that he can breathe.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-24-2003, 04:40 PM
Oh no! Poor Corky! I'm so sorry he's not feeling well.

Hope you get better real quick sweety. :) And yes, sitting on mommy's lap will help you fell better. :)

krazyaboutkatz
10-24-2003, 11:56 PM
Laura, I sure hope that Corkscrew will feel better soon and have a speedy recovery. Hopefully he only has allergies. Please keep us updated.

kimlovescats
10-25-2003, 10:36 AM
I'm glad that Corkscrew is resting more comfortably now .... poor baby! Please do continue to update us! Hugs and Gentle rubs to sweet Corkie!!!;)

ChrisH
10-25-2003, 10:55 AM
Poor Corkscrew. Hope he is feeling a little better today.
Hugs