PDA

View Full Version : dog friendly parks

Lissa
10-22-2003, 07:14 PM
I live in Kalamazoo Mi and I was hoping that someone could tell me about any dog parks near by me. Thanks!
Melissa

Cinder & Smoke
10-22-2003, 07:30 PM
Lissa ~

Go to http://www.google.com
and enter this into the search box:

[ "dog park" Michigan ]

USE the Quotes around dog park, skip a Space,
then type Michigan

You'll get many pages of possible sites along with a few that don't relate to Dog Parks.

Cincy'sMom
10-22-2003, 09:38 PM
Here's a list of Parks in Michigan from www.dogpark.com

If I remember right, Kalamazoo, isn't too far North of Indiana. You may want to visit this site and search other nearby states too.

Ann Arbor
A large citizen's group is actively working with the city government on the dog park idea. They are 'The Ann Arbor Dog Park Off-Leash Project'. Visit their website for more information and to join their e-mail list.

Clinton Township
Clinton Township Dog Park
40700 Romeo Plank Road at Clinton River Road
Hours: dawn to dusk daily
Fenced, benches, tables, handicap access, poopbags, parking, water, trashcans
Comments: Dog park is open to pass card holders only and is located on the Civic Center property behind our senior center. On-leash wooded trails lead to the park itself. Pass card holders must provide proof of immunization and valid dog license to purchase.

Detroit
Mt. Clemens Memorial Park
Michigan's first dog park opend June 1999 in a one-acre area within the Memorial Park; located on Groesbeck Highway near Cass. Amenities include fencing, benches, trees, poop bags and dual water fountains - one each for dogs and humans. Read the article in the Detroit Free Press.

Howell
E-Z Dog Park and Agility Center
230 Norlyn Drive
open dawn to dusk daily
Fenced, benches, tables, handicap access, trees, poopbags, parking, restrooms, water, trashcans, shelter.
Comments: 5 acres fully fenced with a full agility course, wading pools and a walking path around the perimeter (no unneutered males or children under 16 please).Obedience instruction and DIY/full service grooming also available. Small monthly fee, privately owned and maintained, call 810-494-DOGS (3647) or 810-229-7353.

Lake Orion
Orion Oaks Bark Park
Off Joslyn Road, south of Clarkston Road (park at the north Joslyn Road entrance and follow the signs)
Daily half an hour before sunrise-half an hour after sunset
A park pass is required. A daily pass is available at the Lake Orion Township office (open Mon.-Fri.), located on Joslyn Road south of the park, or at Independence Oaks County Park (open daily), located on Sashabaw Road 2 1/2 miles north of I-75. Resident fee $5 per day, $25 for an annual pass. Non-resident fee $8 per vehicle for daily entry, $46 for an annual pass; over 62, $3 per vehicle for daily entry, $20 for an annual pass.
7 acres, fenced, benches, tables, disposal bags, trees, water source, parking, Portajohns, trash cans. Access for the disabled. A portion of Lake Sixteen is reserved for canine swimmers.

Lyon Oaks
Lyon Oaks Bark Park
Pontiac Trail, between Wixom and Old Plank roads
Daily half an hour before sunrise-half an hour after sunset
A park pass is required; daily and annual passes are available at the park. Resident fee $5 per day, $25 for an annual pass. Non-resident fee $8 per vehicle for daily entry, $46 for an annual pass; over 62, $3 per vehicle for daily entry, $20 for an annual pass.
13 acres, fenced, benches, tables, disposal bags, parking, restrooms, trash cans, open fields. Water pump available Spring 2003.

Mount Clemens
Behnke Memorial Dog Park
300 N. Groesbeck Highway
open 7am to 11pm
Fenced, benches, tables, handicap access, poopbags, trees, parking, lights, water, trash, shelter.
Comments= double-entry gate

Pleasant Ridge
Dog Park
Indiana and Kensington
open dawn to dusk
Fenced, trash
Comments= Open to Local Residents Only

Royal Oak
1/ Meininger Park
Location: Maxwell and Farnum; to reach the park from Woodward, head east on 11 mile and make a left onto Maxwell, the park is two blocks on your right.
tables, trees, lights, water, trash; a small area where dogs can play off leash, area is only fenced on one side - the other three sides abutt streets, so use with care.
2/ Wagner Park
Location: Detroit Avenue between Main and Rochester; just north of downtown Royal Oak;
Open 9am to 9pm; benches, tables, trees, lights, water; This park has a lot to offer - an area where dogs can run off-leash and a play structure for the kids; area is only fenced on one side - the other three sides abutt busy streets, so use with care.
3/ Lockman Park
Location: S. of 12 Mile, W. of Campbell, accessible from Connecticut or Derby Avenue
Open until 8pm;
benches, trees, lights, parking, lights, traxh, water; area is only fenced on one side but is not near busy streets, park has drinking fountains, lots of trees, plenty of dogs evenings and Sunday mornings.

Warren
Burdi Park
Located at 12 mile and Van Dyke
open 7am to 11pm
Park is open year-round, closing at dusk. Copies of the dog park rules are available in the clerk's office at 29500 Van Dyke.

Smilla
10-23-2003, 10:39 AM
Excellent site--thanks!

Smilla
10-23-2003, 11:25 AM
I just found this:

http://www.thedogpark.com/