PDA

View Full Version : never knew she could shed so much!

cali
10-22-2003, 07:03 PM
holy smokes! for a shorthaired bunny kari can sure shed a lot of hair! and by alot I mean a LOT!;) I brished kari the other day and man she shed as much hair as shadow, a who has a sheltie coat, and is 10 times the size of kari! I mean that was a LOT of hair! I mean who new something so small with short hair could shed SOOOOOOOO much!:eek:

Karen
10-22-2003, 07:18 PM
Bunnies shed a little all the time, but twise a year (theoretically once in the fall and once in the spring) they have a "big shed" where it seems like more hair than the whole rabbit's volume is shed, and they grow in the new coat for the season. Far cheaper than shopping for new fashions!

Do make sure you brush her frequently now, as bunnies can get hairballs just like cats, but unlike cats, rabbits cannot throw up, so a hairball is big trouble.

During Miss Hoppy's "big shed" periods, I usually bring her outside to pet/groom her, as that way it all floats away in the breeze - and the baby birds in our neighborhood must have the world's softest nests!

cali
10-22-2003, 07:28 PM
ok I get it, cuz I brush her regularly and she only shed a little, so this must be her big shed, lol, that would explain the enormous amount of hair!

Heather Wallace
10-23-2003, 04:10 PM
Yes, bunnies can shed a lot, I know what you mean, i have 4 bunnies ina shed, can you imagine what its like sometimes!!!