PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!!! (Something for school)

bluekat
10-22-2003, 03:58 PM
I have to write this journal for school, and we have to write about someone that we know that has family traditions or anything. It has to be a tradition that has to do with their background. So I'm going to ask you guys;) lol, I know there's a lot of different cultures and backgrounds here, could anyone tell me theirs? Well, it could be a tradition to do with your culture, but it doesn't have to be.
Thanks!!!:)

primabella
10-22-2003, 04:08 PM
Italians have a lot of traditions but I'll name you one. ;)

Every year my family goes to the market and buys bushles and bushels of tomatoes. Then during Labor Day weekend we all get together at my Aunts house (in the garage) and make tomato sauce. First you have to wash all the tomatoes then dry them and then cut them. Then you drop the tomatoes into this machine that (I think) separates the seeds and skins from the rest of the tomato. Then we take the juice and put it in a big pot and boil and stir it until we get delicious sauce! It's long and tiring (and I usually manage to not help out :p) but it always comes out so delicious.

Did that help? Lol

My aunt usually makes Spingie (sp?) which is actually just a ball of dough that you dip in honey or sugar. We usually have them around Rememberance Day. They're sooo good. :D

Ack...I'm I even helping out over here? Lol I'm just talking about food :rolleyes:

bluekat
10-22-2003, 04:14 PM
Of course you helped:D lol
Most of the people in my class are Italian, and I think that they've said something about making tomato sauce every year too. But I didn't know that all Italians do that.
Thanks! I think I'll write about that then:)

primabella
10-22-2003, 04:27 PM
Lol well maybe you wanna hear other stories..:o lol Mine kinda like...common. :p

bluekat
10-22-2003, 04:32 PM
lol, no its ok. I'm going to use yours anyways;) :D