PDA

View Full Version : Miss Hoppy

Karen
10-22-2003, 07:49 AM
is gonna be soooo mad at me. We took her to the vet yesterday because she has just not been eating much at all. She had to stay the night (no raisin time, no treats, no "toreador" this morning :( :( ) and I am waiting for a call from the vet. The vet tech assures me Miss Hoppy is "still quite fiesty" this morning and not to worry, but I want my bunny! :(

I'll let you know what the vet says when she calls.

gini
10-22-2003, 08:22 AM
Karen, I hope it is nothing serious and Miss Hoppy is home and happy again where she belongs.

Whenever any of my guys have to spend the night at the vets there instantly is this huge void in the house and I can hardly wait until they are back home.

Logan
10-22-2003, 08:36 AM
I see a lot of treats in Miss Hoppy's near future, when she gets back home, safe and sound. I hope they can figure out what has caused her appetite to drop off though, Karen.

We'll be crossing all paws, claws and fingers, and saying a little prayer that all will be ok. :)

Logan

jenluckenbach
10-22-2003, 08:39 AM
Poor Miss Hoppy. :( I sure hope it is nothing serious! :(

lbaker
10-22-2003, 08:53 AM
Poor Miss Hoppy, maybe she knows Winter and cold weather are coming on and she's just a bit depressed about it (gee, I am). Please do let us know when you hear from the vet.

tatsxxx11
10-22-2003, 08:58 AM
Oh no, not Miss Hoppy...at the white coat's:( I hope it's nothing serious Karen:confused: I know for sure, when she gets home, there's going to be a lot of lovin' going on; and treats to be had!:) Saying a prayer for our beloved Miss Hoppy. Let us know how she's doing as soon as you can, Karen. {{{HUGS}}}

Randi
10-22-2003, 09:39 AM
Sorry to hear Miss Hoppy has lost her appetite, I hope there's nothing seroius wrong! Is she having some tests done?

I know your house will seem empty now, but you'll have her back tomorrow in good shape, I'm sure! :)

Line up the treats! :D

Keeping our fingers and paws crossed for her!

tatsxxx11
10-22-2003, 01:32 PM
Any news yet, Karen??:confused:

Karen
10-22-2003, 01:50 PM
Just now got off the phone with her vet. She's had a stasis or paralysis of the intestine, which sometimes happens in bunnies. Sometimes it happens to bunnies who are cage-only and get no exercize, sometimes it happens to bunnies who eat carpet or something else they shouldn't have, and sometimes it happens for no reason at all. As Miss Hoppy is only in her cage for the litterbox and has free run of (most of) the house, it's not the first, and she tends to just rip up the edge of the carpet and leave the threads in a pile for me to discard ... so we don't know why it happened, but she's got medicine she's taking at the vet's, and I am allowed to bring her home if I can give her the medicine at home. I suspect it will be easier for us, as Miss Hoppy does trust me to hold her, and does NOT like them to!

I will be picking her up right after work, and I am sure we all (Hoppy, Paul, myself and the vet's staff) will feel better. When I call, they always say "Well, she's certainly feeling fiesty!" That's my bunny!

lbaker
10-22-2003, 01:56 PM
GROUP {{{{{ HUG }}}}} and a big hoppy/happy sigh of relief. Yeah for Miss Hoppy and her white coat buddies.

jenluckenbach
10-22-2003, 02:01 PM
It is good that she can come home and that you can treat her yourselves. Everyone will feel so much better that way. I hope the medicine is 100 % effective and she can go back to her old self very soon.

catlover4ever
10-22-2003, 02:03 PM
Oh, Miss Hoppy I sure do hope you feel better. Being able to go home and not be with the white coats should make you feel a whole lot better. Hope you feel better soon.

Meg and the Chartier Cats

Logan
10-22-2003, 02:54 PM
What wonderful news, Karen!!! :) I hope all will go well with Miss Hoppy, once she is at home.

Logan

Cinder & Smoke
10-22-2003, 04:31 PM
<rings> several tymes...
He must be gettin a LOTTA callz on This Wun...

HI, God ~

Itz about our Favorite Maskot - Miz Hoppy...

SOooo Glad You solved da problem an helped da White Coats
pick sum medicine...

Kuld You keep a reel Sharp Eye on her and convince her to *take* da
medicine frum Mom & Dad?

PaLeeze Help her get to feelin better reel Quick-Like...
Hate to have da Hed Bunnie's Bunnie feelin sicklee!

We'll keep it short fur now...
Lotta udder Pet Talkers gonna be callin in -
Offerin Prayerz an Get Well Wishez.

We'll Kross Pawz & Klawz,
an the Kandilz will be *glowin* inna windo fur Miz Hoppy!

THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

Get WELL - QUICK, Miz Hoppy!!
{{{HUGGs}}} to Karen & Paul!!

Cincy'sMom
10-22-2003, 04:39 PM
Glad to hear Miss Hoppy will be home soon. Three raisins in the near future!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-22-2003, 04:50 PM
All paws, tails and fingers crossed here that Miss Hoppy is feeling her fiesty self again real soon.

tatsxxx11
10-22-2003, 05:37 PM
Wonderful news, Karen!!:) Hope the little patient is home this very moment!! Please give her a hug for me! Get well soon, Miss Hoppy!:)

anna_66
10-22-2003, 05:43 PM
Glad Miss Hoppy is alright Karen, I bet she can't wait to get home to you and Paul:D

Karen
10-22-2003, 06:12 PM
Miss Hoppy is home - and hiding, poor bunny! She let me pet her at the vet's office, so I petted her for several minutes before the ride home. We let her out and she hopped cautiously (and a little stiffly) around the kitchen then went to hide. I am soooooo glad she is home! Gosh I missed my bunny. She didn't even *thump* at us when she got out of her carrier, that's how glad she was to be home.

Perhaps I will be forgiven - at least until I give her her medicine every 12 hours until she's eating (and "pooping") normally again.

Aspen and Misty
10-22-2003, 07:22 PM
O Karen I just saw this thread! I hope Miss. Hoppy is ok soon!

Ash

Cookiebaker
10-22-2003, 07:26 PM
Poor Miss Hoppy! What a traumatic experience! Hope you are feeling better soon, and take your meds like a good little bun-bun!!

p.s. What's a Toreador?????

Felicia's Mom
10-22-2003, 07:32 PM
I hope Miss Hoppy feels better soon.:)

Karen
10-22-2003, 07:40 PM
She just let me pick her up and pet her, and I held her as Paul gave her her medicine (Reglan) which she lapped right up, bunny-quick. What a good, sweet bunny she is! Then I put her back down, and we had a ferocious, fun round of "toreador" - that's the game she invented where I wave my bathrobe (other fabric will do, but the bathrobe is best) a few inches off the ground, and she charges through it, snort/grunting then spins around and charges back through. It's just like you see in cartoons of bull-fights, with the man waving the red cape - he's the Toreador - and the bull charges, snorting, through it!

Sooo glad my bunny is home!

koxka
10-22-2003, 07:41 PM
Ahhh Mizz Hoppy, sooo glad you are at home already! Scary that white coats, uhh?. Take your medicines and you will be feeling good in no time and playing "toreador" like crazy :D

Siset Bum-Bum

Logan
10-22-2003, 10:04 PM
You're not happy are you, Karen??? :p I would love to see Miss Hoppy pretending to be a bull with your bathrobe!!! :D How cute and what a fun game for both of you!!!! :)

Karen
10-22-2003, 10:28 PM
You're not happy are you, Karen???

Very. And, by the way, she was weighed at the vet's, so I can report that she is just 3 pounds, 13 ounces. And she's a little pudgy at that weight. So when I say she's my "little brown bunny" I mean it ... but gosh oh boy do we love her! :D

popcornbird
10-23-2003, 03:02 AM
Karen, I just saw this thread right now, and what a relief that Miss Hoppy's going to be just fine! :D I'm sure you missed her lots and are so happy to have her home again! :D

Miss Hoppy only weighs 3 pounds? :eek: I never imagined she was that little! :D

LoudLou
10-23-2003, 04:22 AM
Little Miss Hoppy-

I'm glad you are feeling better. Keep taking your medicine like the Great Little Bunny we all know you are. No More scaring the Mama & Papa, ... and the rest of Pet Talk, Okay? ;)

P.S. Carpet is not a source of Fiber....:D

Sara luvs her Tinky
10-23-2003, 06:55 AM
Glad you are feeling good Miss. Hoppy!!!

Make sure you are a good girl and take all your medicine...:)

Killearn Kitties
10-23-2003, 07:41 AM
Aww, glad you hear you're home Miss Hoppy. Hope you will be feeling your old self again in no time!!

tatsxxx11
10-23-2003, 10:48 AM
Hee, hee!! I guess we know who's the happiest bunny mom on earth this morning!!:) Already playing the toreador game?? You must be feeling better, Miss Hoppy!!:D Now be a good bunny girl, and keep up the good work taking your medicine, getting well and making your mommy smile! We love you too, Miss Hoppy!! (Gee, you ARE a wee one, aren't you??:))

gini
10-23-2003, 10:55 AM
Miss Hoppy playing the toreador game - what a riot! I have always thought of Miss Hoppy as being rather elegant. Guess she can be just as silly as the rest of our pets.

Thank goodness she is home, taking her medications and let's hope they work and she is back eating normally soon.

Can you all just picture our Miz Karen playing toreador with Miss Hoppy. Kinda makes you giggle doesn't it?

Karen
10-23-2003, 12:25 PM
She is her own bunny, that's for sure - silly sometimes, but serious and quite elegant others. But we have played more than had petting time since she got home, I think she was bored silly while she was there. But she took her medicine this morning again, after some fussing ... it's like "I'll take it when I want to take it, stop forcing me!" She apparently likes the taste of it, just likes deciding on her own what moment she'll take it. Sigh. But she's a good bunny, and she's my girl! It's so good to have her back home, I hope her appetite picks back up, and we don't have to keep doing the medicine.

You know, I don't know if anyone could successfully film "toreador" - she moves sooooo fast, it's amazing! I just stand there waving the robe. The funny thing is that she will NOT play that game with Paul. He could wave the robe all day and she looks at him as if he's just nuts!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-23-2003, 12:38 PM
Good to hear our Miss Hoppy is taking her medicine and feels like playing.
You go girl!:D

Rachel
10-25-2003, 08:48 AM
Just wondering how Miss Hoppy is feeling this morning, and (how shall I say this) ...are the innards functioning yet?

Miss Hoppy, you just keep on being a good little bunner and take your medicine. I know you are a bunny who doesn't need any direction, but indulge Mom on this one, okay?

Karen
10-25-2003, 11:34 AM
I think she's almost all better - so much so that we skipped the torture this morning. When I got up, she was already downstairs, then we went in the kitchen and she ate many dandelion greens, I put out some new parsely and she ate a couple of those, just ofr variety, we played toreador downstairs, then she went to use the litter box, and I said, "Okay, maybe you're better!"

We had had a nice petting time last night, which we really hadn't had since her trip to that nasty place, and things seem almost normal. Whew!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-25-2003, 11:58 AM
Yea! Miss Hoppy!
Keep up the munchin and playin and getting better.:D

koxka
10-25-2003, 06:02 PM
Glad Miz Hoppy is feeling better! :)

You know, I don't know if anyone could successfully film "toreador" - she moves sooooo fast, it's amazing! I just stand there waving the robe. The funny thing is that she will NOT play that game with Paul. He could wave the robe all day and she looks at him as if he's just nuts!

Mamma's girl :D I would pay money to see that ! :D

K9karen
10-25-2003, 11:23 PM
OLE! *Big Smile and Clapping Hands* Soooo relieved and happy that Ms.Hoppy is feeling better!!!! Now all I can picture is Ms. Hoppy playing toureador with your robe!!! :p :D ;) Sneak her an extra raisen from me and Klo!

Karen
10-26-2003, 02:10 PM
Sorry - gonna be the big meanie - no extra raisins yet, until she's eating like she should ... but we did put down a big seed treat last night, okay?

Bunnies don't digest sugar well, and so I don't want to upset the delicate balance with more than her tummy can handle! But I promise, once all is completely well again, I'll sneak her an extra one some morning, okay?

She was still not eating much so we gave her medicine again last night and this morning she decided to munch on the plaster wallboard (probably about 50+, maybe 100+ years old) at the top of the stairs. Bleeaaaugh. Sheesh - here I am being extra-careful ... (She's NEVER chewed on plaster in 6 1.2 years!!!)

But more medicine this morning, and things appear (guardedly) okay.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-26-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Karen

She was still not eating much so we gave her medicine again last night and this morning she decided to munch on the plaster wallboard (probably about 50+, maybe 100+ years old) at the top of the stairs. Bleeaaaugh. Sheesh - here I am being extra-careful ... (She's NEVER chewed on plaster in 6 1.2 years!!!)

But more medicine this morning, and things appear (guardedly) okay.
Miss Hoppy says, "But MOM, I thought you wanted me to EAT!"
Could she maybe be having a vitamin imbalance to make her want to eat plaster? I know sometimes kids will eat paint when they have a vitamin missing in their diet. I don't know much about bunny diets you understand. Just wondering.

tatsxxx11
10-30-2003, 02:19 PM
How's Miss Hoppy today??:confused: Hope your feeling a bit better today, sweetie!!:) And no more plaster, ok??? You must have been realllly thumpin' mad at having to go to the white coat's to eat that wall!;) Looking forward to happy Hoppy update!:)

Karen
10-30-2003, 04:08 PM
Miss Hoppy seems to finally be all better for the last two days. I was waiting to post to make sure she really was better, and it wasn't lingering effects of the medicine. Thanks goodness! But carrots, a life-long staple of her diet, apparently are no longer considered food. We'll see, and they aren't vital to her, vitamin-wise, in fact they're kinda fattening for bunnies, but she loved them for so long that we'll keep putting them out and seeing if she forgives them! She hasn't tried plaster again since that one incident, than goodness!

She still, by the way, is wary of me picking her up in the morning or evening, when medicine time was! Hopefully she'll forgive me soon, too!

Love that bunny!

Cinder & Smoke
10-30-2003, 04:27 PM
Maybe the plaster helped *settle* things down? :confused:

Hope Miz Hoppy continues to *Feel Gud* and munch on the
more *approved* diet items! :p

Cincy'sMom
10-31-2003, 03:55 PM
Glad to hear Miss Hoppy is all better!!! Time for raisins yet???

Karen
10-31-2003, 04:32 PM
She has had raisins every night, and has now decided that carrots are okay again. Maybe I'll sneak her an extra for Halloween! I'll have to smush two together, though, because she can count to three, and knows that all she gets!

P.S. I don't think the plaster helped at all because she wasn't eating normally until Tuesday, and that was Sunday.

tatsxxx11
10-31-2003, 06:23 PM
Carrots back on the menu!!! It doesn't get muc better than that!:D So happy to hear you're feeling lots better, Miss Hoppy!:)

Cinder & Smoke
10-31-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Karen
P.S. I don't think the plaster helped at all because
she wasn't eating normally until Tuesday, and that was Sunday.

"Good Plaster" takes tyme to *werk*.

:rolleyes:

So GLAD da Hed Bunnie's BUNNIE is FEELIN GUD :) again!!

:D

KYS
11-01-2003, 07:44 AM
Glad Miss Hoppy is feeling better and
will be eating her Halloween carrots. :)