PDA

View Full Version : Happy to say I got good results from mammogram!

ChrisH
10-22-2003, 06:52 AM
After my recent routine screening (every three years from age 50 to 64) I didn`t realise how anxious about the result until the last couple of weeks when I have found myself looking for the results letter to come through the door! Anyway, it came today and is good, I quote: "I am pleased to tell you that there is no evidence of cancer on your recent breast x-ray....." :D

Just wanted to share the good news with my Pet Talk friends!! :D

Chris :D

RobiLee
10-22-2003, 07:14 AM
Yay, Chris! Great news!!

I go for my first mammogram sometime next month. What is it like? Is it painful or anything? I'm also already nervous about the results and I haven't even had it done yet...lol. I guess after what I've been through that any kind of tests turn my fear button on.

I'm so glad all is well with you!

Robin

:)

jenluckenbach
10-22-2003, 07:22 AM
:) Just love to hear good news.

lynnestankard
10-22-2003, 07:34 AM
Chris - so thrilled it was good news!!:)
I hate the waiting for the letter to arrive too - last time I got myself into a bit of a state - such relief when the letter came!
Perhaps a little drinkie-poo when the sun gets over the yardarm eh?! I'll celebrate with you too!

Lynne

Logan
10-22-2003, 07:39 AM
Good news is always wonderful to hear, Chris! Glad everything went ok. I'm due for one too. :eek: Actually it isn't that the test is so bad, I just had doing it because I am so modest!!! :o

micki76
10-22-2003, 09:22 AM
Glad for the good news!! I go for my 1st one a week from today. So not looking forward to it.

Robin - I know EXACTLY what you mean. Any test puts the fear that my cancer has returned. But hey, that's the best thing about preventative tests. They're preventative

Of course I'm home with a horribel sinus infection today and unfortunately THAT couldn't be prevented!

Cataholic
10-22-2003, 09:24 AM
Happy Smooshed boob exam!!!

luckies4me
10-22-2003, 11:45 AM
That's great! :)

Now all I need to hear is that my moms second x-ray and ultrasound says NO cancer and I will be even more happy. We find out tomorrow whether it's cancer or not. They found two lumps in her right breast. :(

Luckily my stepfather told my mom to go in for a mammagram since it's Breast Cancer Awareness Month, so she made an appointment and went. So if it is cancer, the sooner to detect it the better. Mom hasn't had a mammagram done for a few years now.

Albea
10-22-2003, 12:28 PM
That's great news, Chris! I know how good it is to get the letter saying:" everything is normal, we'll see you next year." I just got one of those letters recently.
What is Bob going to bring you today as a present to celebrate?;)

catland
10-22-2003, 12:30 PM
:D :D

ChrisH
10-22-2003, 01:11 PM
Thanks everyone!:)

Robin - Johanna sums it up just right, it`s a smooshed boob exam !:D But it`s not too bad, and certainly well worth the discomfort in having it done.

Logan - I know what you mean. But though I am usually uncomfortable with any, shall we say, personal, exam, and in spite of the fact my test is usually done, in the mobile unit, parked in a supermarket car park, :eek: I have so far somehow found it oddly non-embarrassing! I think it may be because there are just two people, the receptionist clerk and the person who actually does the test, plus of course one or two others waiting too. Not a long wait either. It is the waiting for the results that is long, September 8 is when I had my test done!

Lynne - don`t think I will have that drinkie, my favourtie tipple is Jack and Coke and these days even a small one - which isn`t really worth having - goes straight to my head ...... though come to think of it .... maybe it is good idea after all! :D

Micki - I am sorry to hear you are ill :( I hope you are feeling better very soon.

Luckies - hope all goes well for your mom tommorrow, she will be in my prayers.

Alicia - Well, I don`t know that it was in celebration, but when Bob and I were out for our walk this morning he picked up and gave me two bottle tops, a straw and a ring pull from a milk carton, (he also didn`t give me but ate something, and I don`t really think I want to know what it was!).:D :D

Robin and Micki Good luck with your tests next month and next week respectively, hope the results turn out as good as mine. You will both be in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs

Once again, thanks everyone!:)

Pam
10-22-2003, 01:29 PM
Chris, congratulations on a good report! Unfortunately mammograms are a necessary evil that we have to deal with if we are wise. I had mine this past summer and my OB-GYN suggested that I was well past the age for a routine screening colonoscopy too. :eek: I have to admit that I dreaded making that appointment too but found my nerve and did it. There is nothing so good as receiving the "all is well" note from the doctor. Good girl! ;)

carole
10-22-2003, 06:34 PM
It is always good to hear some positive news, I am happy for you chrish

I would like to re-assure anyone who is nervous about having a mammogram, I had my first ever one just a few mths ago, and will be yearly from now on, It was scarey , because of mum having the breast cancer, and I was scared of the pain.

Firstly they were fantastic where I went, even put a wheatpack on the cold tray you place your boobie, warmed up my gown etc, explained everything well, and I cannot say it was painful, maybe a little tugging sensation , but that is all, now this technician explained to me, that often technicians squeeze the breast down too far, and it is not necessary, so that was comforting.

The agonising bit was waiting for the doc to check it, and come back with the all clear.

BTW we have free breast screening from 50 to 64 here in NZ and its every two years.

However we are petitioning to get it from 40 onwards and for later on in life, my mother was 68, and she got it, luckily she was diligent about having mammograms every two yrs,and it has saved her life.

So please donot be frightened anyone, I urge you to have them.

PS I am a shy person, and I did not find it embarrassing, its done as discretly as possible, and always a women technician

krazyaboutkatz
10-23-2003, 01:09 AM
Chris, I'm so glad to hear that your results were good. :)

delidog
10-23-2003, 05:44 AM
Chris,
That is Great!!!
I know that can be nerve racking!!!!

ChrisH
10-23-2003, 06:07 AM
Thanks!:D :D

anna_66
10-23-2003, 08:30 AM
I couldn't be happier for you:D

Vio&Juni
10-23-2003, 09:18 AM
I had a surgery on my right breast six and a half years ago (was it that long time ago?) and I remember how I felt waiting for the result of the biopsy of that damn lump. It was not absolutely good, but it was not bad either. The good thing was that it was extracted.

Since then, my breast increased significantly, and even if I know it has nothing to do with the surgery, I like to joke when people ask me about it, saying winking "I had surgery" :) . Some of them really believe I have implants :rolleyes: