PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Thomas (will you help me re-name him?)

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-22-2003, 03:42 AM
Well, tomorrow is the BIG DAY!!! Thanks to all the PT support and prayers, I will be bringing Thomas home tomorrow.

I just got back to the office after dropping by the shelter for a snuggle, and this time I remembered to take my camera....

SO...............................

Heeeeeeeeeres Thomas!!!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/pdc502e6548145d462725c5dfbcab8c1a/fac29033.jpg

This is basically as much tail as he's got - it's around 2 inches long!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p462c5f071f29067d1cea096260e5e1e9/fac28ffd.jpg

In this pic the cat in the next cage was hissing and growling, and Thomas just looked at her and walked away! Surely a good sign if he wants to get into Madam Ally's good books!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p5f55a5a6aa897ccfe566c7329be2a5ea/fac28fcc.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p52c7783deecad1f6df7b9a3057daa615/fac28f28.jpg

Now for the next question........what to call him??? The shelter called him Thomas because he is the same colour as Tom from "Tom and Jerry", But "Thomas" seems a bit "formal" for such a relaxed and friendly boy! I have a couple of other names in mind, and I'd like your opinion:

(These are all of Celtic/Gaelic origin, and I have listed the name, then the meaning)

Kenny = Handsome

Brody = Brother

Clyde = Warm

Connor = Much Wanted

Dermot = Free Man

Garvey = Peace

I like all of the above, and his personality so far seems to be very docile, relaxed and loving, so all these names suit him! He just wants to snuggle the whole time!

Thanks guys - and don't worry - I'll keep the camera handy this weekend.

Fuzzy317
10-22-2003, 03:46 AM
I like the name Connor :)

jenluckenbach
10-22-2003, 05:42 AM
YOU'RE GETTING ANOTHER CAT ? ! ? ! ?

WOW:eek: :D

We ARE good if we can convince YOU to get another cat ! ;) :rolleyes: j/k

Personally, I like Thomas. I always had plans on using that name myself, but have not gotten around to it yet.

Can't wait to hear MORE !!!! :D

ChrisH
10-22-2003, 06:09 AM
That is such great news!!!!!:D Congratulations! :D He is soooo adorable!!
..... guess you can tell I am happy for you, huh?!

New name? I agree with Jen, I like Thomas, but of the ones you have picked out I like Brody best.

Looking forward to hearing all about how he settles in and what Ally thinks of her new brother, and of course all the pics!!:)

:D :D

neko1
10-22-2003, 06:09 AM
I like thomas too! it's one of Tama's nicknames. But I also like Clyde:)

bisi.cat
10-22-2003, 06:24 AM
Aaaawww Julie, now I know I have been away for far too much time...I've almost missed your new family member!!!

He looks so regal and handsome and I have to agree that Connor would be the perfect name for him (because he is so much wanted!!!), though I like the name Thomas, too!!!:) ;)

I am already so curious how Ally will react to her new brother and I am looking forward to loads of pictures and stories to come!!!

:D :D :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
10-22-2003, 06:29 AM
I like the name Conner best... and the meaning is so perfect!!

Congratulations on your new addition... HE IS SUPER CUTE!!!!

Give him some *KISSES* and *SCRITCHES* for me!!!!:D :D :D

catlady1945
10-22-2003, 06:34 AM
Connor - for much wanted!!

Barbara
10-22-2003, 06:50 AM
What happy news:D :D :D

And although 12 cats are more work than 6 and 6 more than 4:
2 won't be more than 1:D

I also like the name of Connor:)

sqwelch
10-22-2003, 07:26 AM
He's sooooooooooo cute, he'd make aperfect partner for my Bonnie !!! I agree with some others, Thomas is a cool name which also can be shortened into all sorts of others !!

catlover4ever
10-22-2003, 07:27 AM
Congratulations!!!

I like the name Brody. Not for the fact that it means brother but just looking at his face in one of the pictures screams at me "BRODY".

I read your post a few days ago about tyring to convience your husband about Thomas...I guess it worked. ;)

A great big PT welcome to Thomas (for now)!!!!:D :D

I can not wait to see more picutres of that adorable fellow.

Tonya
10-22-2003, 07:40 AM
Clyde! Or Mr. Blue. He's gorgeous!

lynnestankard
10-22-2003, 07:45 AM
SO pleased he's coming home with you!!:) :) I really have to agree that Thomas suits him - but from your list I think Brody suits his lovely face.:)

Lynne

catmandu
10-22-2003, 09:40 AM
Of all the names that you have on the list , I too like Connor. But he looks like a Thomas to me. Or Smokey , a honorable Name that has graced two of my Cats!Connor, though has a Literary Ring to it!

Kona & Oreo's mom
10-22-2003, 09:51 AM
Add another vote for Connor. Congratulations!

Randi
10-22-2003, 09:58 AM
Awww, he's wonderful!! In the third picture, he looks as if he's saying (to the other cat) "Get yourself together, it's not that bad" And the last one: "Mom, are you ready to leave now?" :D

I'm glad you convinced your husband. ;)

I like the name Connor too - or Connery. Looking forward to stories and pics!!

kimlovescats
10-22-2003, 10:02 AM
He's beautiful, and I vote for CONNOR!;)

sirrahbed
10-22-2003, 10:07 AM
Honestly, even before reading down through all the responses, I had thought CONNOR - "much wanted" :D He is absolutely beautiful! Also great that he was not disturbed by the hissy fit in the next cage - a good sign! ..and a lover-boy too!

wolfsoul
10-22-2003, 10:08 AM
Congrats! What a cutie. :)

jazzcat
10-22-2003, 10:51 AM
I like Connor for what it stands for but I think Brody sounds cute too.

Congrats! I'm so glad all the prayers and good vibes worked. He looks like a wonderful cat and I look forward to more pics, especially with his new sis.

Edwina's Secretary
10-22-2003, 10:54 AM
I am soooo pleased you will be giving him a home. Welcome to the club! Now as to names....I too like Thomas and from your list I also like Garvey (always have to be different!)

How about Earl....as in Earl Gray tea? ;) :D ;)

luckies4me
10-22-2003, 11:28 AM
CLYDE! Love it! :D

He is so super duper cute!!! :D Whooo, can't wait to see more pics! :D

PayItForward
10-22-2003, 02:15 PM
OMG. :eek: I am so pleased.

Congratulations to you & your hubby on the new arrival.

I can't believe you are getting Thomas... Lucky Thomas !!

I like the name Dermott or Shaun.

Love the photos but I think we need a couple (hundred) more. ;)

Killearn Kitties
10-22-2003, 02:19 PM
Oh I'm SO SO happy for you. Your pics are gorgeous. :D I like all the names you have listed, but he looks like a Dermot to me!!!

It'll cost you a fortune when you go home, but hey ... you can't take it with you!! :D

NoahsMommy
10-22-2003, 02:19 PM
I LOVE Dermot!!!!! :)

I'm so glad he's coming home with you! What a good hubby!!

Freckles
10-22-2003, 02:41 PM
BRODY

Samantha Puppy
10-22-2003, 02:44 PM
I think he looks like a Thomas, so I would keep that. I think that name sounds very docile and sweet, which is apparently what he is like. I don't care for any of the other names you listed, sorry.

RICHARD
10-22-2003, 03:52 PM
I think Sirius (serious) is a good name,
I saw the first pic and thought that he has
a very 'serious' look on his face.:)

carole
10-22-2003, 03:59 PM
Oh Ally I am so thrilled for you and for kitty, I think BRODY is the name, very manly and befitting such a fine looking gentlemen.:)

Conner or Clyde would be my second choice.

I VOTE FOR BRODY, BRODY, BRODY.

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-22-2003, 04:01 PM
Thanks everyone for your input! You guys are the best!

I really like the name Connor too, but I've decided not to make a final decision until I get him home and get to know him a bit better.

Gosh - I am so excited - I feel like a kid the night before Christmas :rolleyes:

Today at the shelter I was snuggling with him and he was just being a total luv-bug! It was so hard to put him back in the cage. The woman who was on duty kept telling him how lucky he is to have found a home, and he was meowing like he was agreeing with her ! TOO CUTE!

I am going to take things really slowly - I have two rooms prepared - our guest bedroom and the adjacent bathroom, and I'll keep him in there for a good long while. I think SLOWLY is the only way to handle this - Ally will be less than impressed, but I really think that "Thomas's" personality will be a great asset - he does seem to have the ability to totally ignore hissy cats and just do his own thing.

Actually thinking about it, the personalities here seem quite similar to Edwina and Eddie - a spoiled little madam and a relaxed deboniar interloper!

I'll give you all an update when I get home from the shelter tomorrow - right now I need some rest!

Thanks again for all the help and support!

Julie

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-22-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
Actually thinking about it, the personalities here seem quite similar to Edwina and Eddie - a spoiled little madam and a relaxed deboniar interloper!

That's just what I was thinking, Julie! :D Congratulations on your new addition. He sounds like a real doll. I'm so glad hubby finally agreed to let Thomas join your household.

I kind of like Thomas also, and if that's too formal you could always call him your Tommy boy. :)

Ally, you might want to keep Edwina's email address handy in case you need to discuss this new intruder. Hopefully she's to the point where she will tell you that it's not that bad and to give in sooner rather than later because to put up resistance is futile if the durn humans are set on having another critter in the house. :D

Can't wait for the introduction stories. :D

RedHedd
10-22-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
(These are all of Celtic/Gaelic origin, and I have listed the name, then the meaning)

Kenny = Handsome

Brody = Brother

Clyde = Warm

Connor = Much Wanted

Dermot = Free Man

Garvey = Peace

I like all of the above, and his personality so far seems to be very docile, relaxed and loving, so all these names suit him! He just wants to snuggle the whole time!

This is tough! I like them all, but Garvey just leaps off the page at me.

krazyaboutkatz
10-22-2003, 10:59 PM
CONGRATS JULIE ON YOUR NEW ADDITION!!! He's gorgeous and I like the name Thomas but if I had to pick one of the names you listed then I'd also go with Connor. Welcome to Pet Talk Thomas!!!:D

shais_mom
10-23-2003, 12:16 AM
I will have to wait until imagestation stops being a pain to see the pics but he sounds very cute!!!
Can't wait to see the pics!! :)
I like Connor or Brody!!

IttyBittyKitty
10-23-2003, 05:04 AM
I miss a bit of PT and what do I miss? I see another one cat household is about to become two!!!!! I can't see the pics but i'll just bet that he's cute.

I like the name and meaning of "Connor" myself!!!!

Soledad
10-23-2003, 08:30 AM
I like Brody. After all, he will be Allie's brother. It seems very fitting! :)

popcornbird
10-23-2003, 05:55 PM
Oh he's CUTE! He doesn't look like a Middle Eastern cat like Aly........he looks like the typical cats we have here. :p I love the name you chose for him. Fits perfect! Congrats on the new addition! Your kids must be thrilled! (Or are you more than them?)

:p

Vio&Juni
10-24-2003, 06:45 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p5f55a5a6aa897ccfe566c7329be2a5ea/fac28fcc.jpg

This was the attitude that helped Pichu survive in our house. I never dreamed of having another cat knowing what a *witch Juni can be with other cats. But Pichu just acted like "Whatever you say, auntie Juni".

I would vote for Kenny, he's really handsome and you know what a sucker for grey cats I am. But, I guess, the name will come by itself when you get to know him a little :)