PDA

View Full Version : I'm taking a PT break

Miss Meow
10-21-2003, 10:53 PM
I'm worn out from the arguments, deleted threads, people hurting each other and whatever else is annoying me, so it's probably time I spent more time petting my cats and less time worrying about things over which I have no control.

Take care, I'll be on e-mail if you want to say hi.

popcornbird
10-21-2003, 10:58 PM
WHAT?!?! :eek::eek: :(:(:(

You're leaving us? No....you can't. :( :(

:(

Please try to keep the break as short as possible. :(

Aspen and Misty
10-21-2003, 11:07 PM
O no! Well miss you! Come back soon :(

Ash

Logan
10-21-2003, 11:13 PM
The same thought crosses my mind at times, too, Nicole, when people turn ugly and start attacking others for all the wrong reasons. Then I remember that I can ignore those folks, and concentrate on the other 99+% who are nice and friendly, and I realize how much I would miss those people and their pets if I were to go away.

I hope you will reconsider. If you're not here, you will be missed.

Logan :(

gini
10-21-2003, 11:38 PM
Nicole, I have emailed you but I wanted to post here too.

Give yourself a break if you feel that you really need to do that.
There is only one problem - all of us will be filling up your in-box asking if you are ready to return yet.

Sorry, but we don't let go of our Aussie friends that easily - and you are just too special to all of us.

So put the meezers on your lap, pet them and try to type at the same time. We will forgive all typing errors.

Big hugs from Gini

krazyaboutkatz
10-21-2003, 11:59 PM
Nicole, If you must take a break I sure hope that it's a short one. You'll be missed. :( I also try to avoid the threads where people start arguing. I believe there are many more good threads on PT than ugly threads if there weren't then I wouldn't be here either. Please take care and come back when you can.

shais_mom
10-22-2003, 12:10 AM
I hope it is a short one Nicole, I will miss you!!!

koxka
10-22-2003, 01:57 AM
I understand you , hope it will be a short one though. :(

Why not try to avoid the threads that annoy you? Just don't go there. What PT would be if all the nice people will leave?:(

(..and then how do you think I will survive without Tabasco pictures? :D )

Barbara
10-22-2003, 02:57 AM
Nicole, you can't do that to us. You are one of the persons I will miss most:)

I never go into these arguments because I feel it is much more difficult to discuss controversial themes in written form which makes every phrase more "solid" somehow.

There are so many friendly and funny people here. Don't deprive them by staying away:D :D :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-22-2003, 04:15 AM
I fully understand the reasons behind your decision, but that doesn't change the fact that both Ally and I will really miss you.

I hope that after a short break to "clear your head" you will be back with us very soon!!!!

Sometimes the best advice is "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all", and I try to stick to this myself!

Hurry back!!!!!!

(You might miss something important! ;) )

lynnestankard
10-22-2003, 05:21 AM
Oh Nicole - please re-think,ignore the hurtful comments and come 'home' - missing you already!!

Love Lynne xxx

jenluckenbach
10-22-2003, 05:30 AM
This is so sad. I can't even count the times that someone special has announced they were leaving due to bad feelings and I didin't even notice the arguments in the first place. I wonder "WHAT WENT WRONG"??!!:confused: I guess that is because I don't visit threads with questionable taste, and if a REAL topic goes sour, I just stop viewing it. I have never needed to use the ignore feature because I simply try to use self=control. I move on to the next subject and try to comfort the sad, aid the needy and rejoice with the happy. (No, I am not a saint nor am I patting myself on the back, I simply mentionit as a suggestion of a way to deal with the upsetting).
I will miss you VERY much. It is no fun coming "HOME" when all the family members keep disappearing. :(

ChrisH
10-22-2003, 05:42 AM
Oh, Nicole, I understand but I wish you would re-think and stay with us. If you don`t think you can, please, please, make it a very short break because I, we, will miss you very much.

Chris

anna_66
10-22-2003, 06:18 AM
Nicole, I too hope it will be a short break because we will all miss you & the meezers terribly!!
Can't say I know what happened, I try to stay out of any controversy, but I hope it was nothing that will make you stay gone for very long.
Your friend
Anna

iceyshiver21
10-22-2003, 07:29 AM
Now you better get back soon young lady!!!! I dont want you missing any of the pictures of the pettalk cuties picture, ya hear?!?;)

Have fun...come back soon..we will be here! :D

Randi
10-22-2003, 08:04 AM
Nicole, I understand you - it's time consuming to sift through all the BS and see all the posts where members might as well send PM's to each other.

I hope you'll only have a short break and come back refreshed! :)

We'll miss you!

Cataholic
10-22-2003, 09:28 AM
I have pm'd you as well. I hope you don't leave. I would miss you. :(

catland
10-22-2003, 10:19 AM
Who will open the bar for us at Thursdays?:(

Seriously though - I hope to see you back sometime in the near future - we'll miss you and your meezers.

Edwina's Secretary
10-22-2003, 10:57 AM
I go out of town for a few days to try and earn some money....(need to keep the kitties in kibbles you know!) and all heck breaks loose!

Let's just all take a nice deep breath! Please!

mugsy
10-22-2003, 01:06 PM
You are not allowed to leave Nicole....if you leave I'm afraid the Seahawks will start losing and then I will have to come to Australia and hunt you down. :D

Hurry back. I will email you.

sasvermont
10-22-2003, 02:20 PM
I have been good lately and haven't been reading too many of the "upsetting" (<---relative term) topics.

Hurry back. You will be sorely missed!

SAS

Samantha Puppy
10-22-2003, 02:23 PM
See ya later!

Soledad
10-22-2003, 05:27 PM
No, Nicole, no!! We will not allow you to leave. PLEASE!!! :( :eek: :(

carole
10-22-2003, 05:51 PM
Nicole If you really must , take that break, but DO'NT be away too long, hey I am all alone here, being the only New Zealander, I need my Down Under mates.

COME BACK REAL SOON OK.:)

Karen
10-22-2003, 06:18 PM
I hope you will come back soon, we miss you, and I am hoping Pet Talk can become the friendly, happy place it usually is once again. Anyone, if you are feeling hurt or upset by a thread or a post, please PM me or Paul, okay?

delidog
10-22-2003, 08:09 PM
Oh No!!!
Not my other Aussie Friend!!!!
And those Beautiful Meezers...
I am also uninlightened...I do not know what happened...
We will Miss you Terribly!!!
Please make it Short!!!
I will e-mail you,also
Nicole

lizbud
10-22-2003, 08:27 PM
I wonder why it is that those few whom I wish would take
an extended break to gain a grip on reality, never do. Folks
with intelligence, wit & charm seem to slip away from time to time. :p I do understand a need to deal with real life for awhile
but, please come back & post whenever you want to. Later,o.k.

CathyBogart
10-22-2003, 09:39 PM
Bye Bye!

NoahsMommy
10-22-2003, 10:13 PM
Nichole....I sent you a PM. Please know that you'll be missed if you go. If you choose to, I'll understand, but would like to keep in touch. :)

Killearn Kitties
10-23-2003, 07:29 AM
:confused: I also find myself in the ranks of the uninformed. I rarely venture into threads that don't contain cat news or pictures of cats. That is why I am so upset to hear this news - I love seeing pictures of your beautiful cats (and the pink kitchen of course) and I will miss your kind posts very much.

I could sit and look at Pickles all day. :D Please keep taking lots of pictures, particularly any more interior design he may do, and share them at a later date!

Vio&Juni
10-23-2003, 09:26 AM
I was not so much on PT lately. I am sorry for the good things I missed, and I am not sorry at all for the bad things I missed. It must have been something really upsetting, if even Nicole - one of the most tolerant persons here needs a time out.

I really hope that some people (I am sure, they will know who) need to take a deep breath before typing something offensive.

Miss Meow
11-08-2003, 09:03 PM
Thanks, everybody, for the nice comments and e-mails.

Pet Talk itself is just a little place on the big, big internet, but it's the people who hang out here who make it such a special place to be :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-08-2003, 09:51 PM
So your back? Great to have ya back... or did I miss something???

G.P.girl
11-09-2003, 12:41 AM
if all the nice people leave there will just be more fighting than ever!! we promise to be nice:D .
please rethink and stay!

krazyaboutkatz
11-09-2003, 01:25 AM
I'm so glad that you're back Nicole. :D Your two new additons are so cute too. :) WELCOME BACK NICOLE!!!

Barbara
11-09-2003, 05:02 AM
Welcome back Nicole !!!!

And where can we read about the dachshunds and what our favorite meezers said when they met them???

ChrisH
11-09-2003, 08:31 AM
Welcome Back Nicole!!:D

mugsy
11-09-2003, 08:37 AM
Well!! How cool is this? I'm so glad you're back. Your new babies are too cute too.

delidog
11-09-2003, 09:27 AM
Welcome Back Nicole,Meezers and The Pups!!!:) :D

Freckles
11-09-2003, 11:34 AM
Be sure to check on recent threads by
Edwina's Secretary
zippy-Kat
Sasvermont.....
let's see any others?:)

krazyaboutkatz
11-09-2003, 03:31 PM
And where can we read about the dachshunds and what our favorite meezers said when they met them??? [/B][/QUOTE]

Barbara, you can see the thread about them in dog general. :D

popcornbird
11-09-2003, 03:37 PM
Welcome back.............and don't leave again! :D Congrats on the new puppies too! :D

Miss Meow
11-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
Well!! How cool is this? I'm so glad you're back. Your new babies are too cute too.

Yeah, but Mugsy, back to important stuff. DID THE SEAHAWKS WIN??? ;)

mugsy
11-09-2003, 03:55 PM
NO! DANG! 27-20 loss to the Redskins. I think it's Richard's fault! lol

Miss Meow
11-09-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
NO! DANG! 27-20 loss to the Redskins. I think it's Richard's fault! lol

Yep, I blame Richard too! Wasn't he thinking of deserting his team, and now this happens ... ;)

G.P.girl
11-09-2003, 04:17 PM
yep! i think it's all richards fault. i saw part of the game, but was interupted by my lil bro's cartoons:rolleyes:

Vio&Juni
11-10-2003, 01:25 AM
Congratulations for your two additions, Nicole!