PDA

View Full Version : Hmm... to read ahead ro not to read ahead that is the question....

magcpen
10-21-2003, 06:40 PM
I just went to a Spoiler Site for Lord of the Flies, and now I'm DYING to read ahead. But the first chapter was awful (or my reading of it was), and my teacher said "Don't finish the book in a night" with a wink (which I did with "The Giver", though that was towo nights....). Anyway, I'll probably be done by the time I get responses, lol, but.... opinions people! ;)

wolfsoul
10-21-2003, 06:54 PM
Go ahead and read it! :D

I'll be reading Lord of the Flies in my English class in a couple of weeks. :) I read the Giver about four years ago and then again last summer. I LOVE that book! :D

magcpen
10-21-2003, 07:01 PM
Hehe, cool. The Giver is a fabulous book, I gave my Grandma a complete synopsis last Saturday, lol. ;) And we've had to wait three weeks to start our new book! lol... okay, as soon as I'm brave enough I'll start reading it again... I only have an hour anyway...

G.P.girl
10-21-2003, 07:13 PM
read ahead! i always read ahead. i've already finished the book we are supposed to start reading in class tomarrow. i love reading.

magcpen
10-21-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by G.P.girl
read ahead! i always read ahead. i've already finished the book we are supposed to start reading in class tomarrow. i love reading.

We're a lot alike... I've spent the last few minutes revieiwng because theres a character that turns evil later and I couldn't remember who he was... okay, starting the new chapter... bracing self ;)

RubyMutt
10-21-2003, 08:26 PM
I remember reading 'Lord of the Flies' in high school :D
... although at the time I didn't appreciate most books as much as I do now :rolleyes:

I say read ahead! I always found that helpful just in case something came up and you didn't get a chance to read later. It's always better being ahead rather than behind ;)

(I also love 'The Giver', that was a great book :))

G.P.girl
10-21-2003, 08:58 PM
aldo reading ahead makes you sound smarter in class:p

Nomilynn
10-21-2003, 09:56 PM
Go ahead and read it, but make sure when you are discussing it in class, don't give anything away! Some people might not be as far along as you are :)

Karen
10-21-2003, 10:04 PM
I always read ahead. In fact, the only time I ever got in trouble in first grade was because I already knew how to read, and was several stories ahead of the class when the teacher picked me to "read the next line aloud, please." Ooops! Other than that, it has stood me in good stead. Read ahead, then if necessary, re-read each chapter before the quiz!