PDA

View Full Version : Killian/very ill

Sudilar
06-17-2001, 06:52 PM
OK guys, I need you now. Here are the details as I understand them:

Killian, my rescued 7 yr.old (used to be 110 lb.) male GSD is very ill. He has been fighting eosinophilic gingivitis (rare in dogs, more common in cats) for a while now. It will clear up for a month and then start again. He has had a biopsy done and that is the result (gingivitis). His liver enzymes have been acceptable til this last time. He had been on Clindamyicin previously to clear up the condition but it would only last for a month. Then the vet decided to try Metronidazole ( for 1 week- 500mg 3X a day, then 500 mg 2X a day) to fight the bacteria in his mouth. Before starting this med, his enzymes were 271 (normal is l00 or less). After being on the meds, his urine started turning orange and he would not eat. He has dropped 10 lbs. (The meds were stopped and tomorrow and Tuesday he goes in for an IV to flush his system. His CBCs, urinalysis and bile acid tests came back bad. His liver enzymes (ALT) are 821. Bilirubin is 8.8 (normal is .3). He is a bit anemic. Anyone have any knowledge of this type of liver disease(?) or any problems with Metronidazole? Any info will be GREATLY appreciated.
Prayers will be greatly appreciated, too.
Sue

------------------
http://swt.edu/~aw1024/adopt12.gif

[This message has been edited by Sudilar (edited June 17, 2001).]

jackiesdaisy1935
06-17-2001, 06:58 PM
Oh Sue, I am so sorry Killian is so ill, I will hope and pray everything turns out well for him. Please keep us posted on his condition. I will be thinking about him until I hear from you that he is o.k.

------------------
http://clipartpage.homestead.com/files/blkschnauzer.gif
http://clipartpage.homestead.com/files/schnauzer.gif

Karen
06-17-2001, 07:12 PM
http://www.vetinfo.com/dmetronidazole.html

The Vet info site link I posted talks about the potentila for liver problems using Metronidazole, because that is where the drug is metabolized. You should read it, Sue, and give Killian a hug from me, or a tummy scritch, whichever the poorbaby http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif prefers. It does say the problems should clear up if the drug is stopped, but again, please read for yourself. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

aly
06-17-2001, 07:15 PM
I will be praying for your beautiful Killian. Sorry I can't offer much advice for your situation because I just don't know. I will do some research on the web and see what I come up with. Give the boy a hug for me http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif

Stenograsaurus
06-17-2001, 07:35 PM
Oh, Sue, I am so sorry. This has to be so difficult for you. You and Killian are in my prayers. I hope everything works out for you guys. I have no advise but I sure can pray and that's what I'll do. Good luck.

Sudilar
06-17-2001, 08:18 PM
All of you are so wonderful. I know I can count on you for help!
Karen, I hope that some of the bad test results can reverse themselves after detox. I am worried because Killi had started to show high liver enzymes even before the metronidazole was started. He was at 380 but went back down to 271 (<100is normal) before the med. I hope the med did not damage his liver more (821). I am so worried.
Sue

------------------

Daisy's Mom
06-17-2001, 08:43 PM
Well I can't provide any informations but Daisy and I will pray for Killian tonight. Keep us updated. I hope everything goes alright. You can count on us anytime.

Pam
06-17-2001, 09:03 PM
Sue...I'm sorry but I have no knowledge in this area at all but I can certainly pray for Killian. You must be beside yourself with worry. How is he acting other than not wanting to eat? Can he keep food down?

TheAntiPam
06-17-2001, 09:19 PM
What a difficult time for Killian and his family! I'll be praying for you all!

And I just want to put in my two cents to remind our Pet Talk family to remember the animal care givers in prayer too. The vets and helpers, even the jaded and disinterested shelter workers need our prayers to keep them loving and giving to our fur friends!

Good Luck Killian!

Sudilar
06-17-2001, 09:47 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your prayers and well-wishes. We need them!
He also has jaundice, of course. The whites of his eyes are yellow and so is the inside of his ears. He has lost 11 lbs. which makes him 99. It shows on his face and near his hips. He does not want to eat. We finally got him to eat some chicken liver and ground beef. He didn't eat a lot, but at least it was something. He doesn't have a lot of energy, but he still gives lots of kisses!
You guys are wonderful. Thanks for all that you do!
Sue and Killian (and Shiloh, who IS eating well-all of Killi's left-overs!)

------------------

Jasper's Mom
06-18-2001, 01:25 AM
You and Killian are in my thoughts and prayers tonight. I know nothing of this disease but I know those who do will share this vital information. Trust your vet to give the finest treatment for your precious baby. I know a lady who was praying for my Jasper while he was lost, and I will ask her to pray for Killan too. Take care of yourself, so you can take care of Killian.

Logan
06-18-2001, 06:37 AM
Sue,
I missed your post last night when I was catching up. I am so sorry to hear Killian is ill. I hope your veterinarian can figure this out and that he will start improving soon. It sounds very scary.
I know nothing about this type of problem, but I certainly hope you will keep us informed about Killian. Helen and I will say extra prayers for all of you.
Logan

AdoreMyDogs
06-18-2001, 06:39 AM
Oh my gosh, Sue. I am so sorry that Killian is sick, and I will be praying that he gets better and kicks out of this. I did not see this post until today and I am shocked that he's sick.

Your dogs, even though they are YOUR dogs, are very special to me. They are the model of what I want when I get my GSD. They seem to have fabulous personalities and I feel close to both of them. They are special dogs. Killian, please get better, buddy.

Corinna
06-18-2001, 07:54 AM
Merlin and I send prayers and good energy to you all. We never have had this challange, Good Luck!

Gio
06-18-2001, 08:07 AM
Unfortunately I cannot offer advice but I can certainly offer tons of prayers.

I'll be thinking of you both.
Take care and an extra special hug to Killian

RachelJ
06-18-2001, 10:43 AM
Sue, I am soo sorry I missed this post until today, and sorry that the magnificent Killian is so sick. This has to be such a worry for you. I have not had to deal with anything of this nature. Prayers will be said in this household as well.

On that note I am also saying prayers of gratitude for the miraculous return of Jasper, which gives us hope for Killian's return to better heath.

Sudilar
06-18-2001, 10:58 AM
Thank you again, everyone. You don't know how much this means to me. With all these prayers, Killian has no other choice but to get better. He has survived so much before, hopefully this will be just one more crisis to overcome. Thank you, all! You are the BEST!

------------------

Rottie
06-18-2001, 12:01 PM
Oh Su, I'm so sorry. We hope Killian the best.

------------------
-Rottie
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/010/Kg/Fr/vi/m895429.jpg

bugmom
06-18-2001, 01:46 PM
Oh Sue!! i have my paws crossed and prayers offered! even bug's little head is bowed. We have positive thoughts going to you and Killian and the vets and techs and everyone helping killian. its all gonna be okay! cuz we got positive prayers on our side. and you have all of us behind you cheering killian back to health. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

wolflady
06-18-2001, 03:40 PM
Oh Sue!! I sure hope Killian gets better!! Has the vet had any positive feedback for you? We'll all definitely be sending pet talk prayers for you and Killian! Please keep us posted!!

thelmalu99
06-18-2001, 04:05 PM
Sue,
I just wanted you to know that Killian is in our prayers. I'm so sorry he's not well. Please keep us posted.

Thelma,
Charlie and Yertle

tatsxxx11
06-18-2001, 04:47 PM
Sue, my lab Jingles was on metronitazole for the treatment of liver cancer. She had similar side effects during her treatment. It is a very powerful drug with the potential for severe side effects. It greatly depressed Jingles appetite as well, with nausea and vomiting. Please check the site Karen posted. It gives a lot of good pharmacological info. about this very powerful and potentially debilitating drug.

I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear about Killian. Please give him lots of hugs and kisses. You and Killian will be in my heart and prayers. I pray that adjusting or changing the meds will help him improve quickly. Paws crossed by everyone here for beautiful Killian. Love, Sandra, Cody and Star I do believe in the power of prayer, and you have everyone here doing just that for beautiful Killian.

Sudilar
06-18-2001, 05:08 PM
Sandra (and all),
As I am reading up on Metronidazole, I'm getting the idea that Killian built up a toxic amount in his system (an overdose?) because the 500mg 3x a day for 1 week, then 2x a day for the next 1 1/2 weeks. Since his liver was having difficulty just before this med, I'm wondering if he could not metabolize the med correctly and it built up into a toxic level? I will be picking him up soon from the vet for today and I will ask her if that is possible. The sad thing is that last week, as I noticed symptoms showing up in Killian, I DID call the vet to ask if it was a problem and my vet was not in that day. Another vet told me to give it a few more days and then see.... Look what happened! He should have been taken off the med immediately. I hope this hasn't damaged his liver beyond help!! I will let you know what is going on as soon as I find out. Sandra, I didn't know Jingles had liver cancer. I am so sorry. I know you loved her very much. Thank you for the info.
Thank you all, especially for the prayers. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

tatsxxx11
06-18-2001, 06:00 PM
Dear Sue. You are absolutely right, that Killian may have built up a toxic level due to an inability of his liver to break it down. Many drugs are broken down by the liver; this is one. My vet DAILY supervised the dosage and effects of the metronidazol. Because she was terminally ill already, they felt that although the drug itself may have adverse effects on her liver (which was already compromised) because her final outcome was inevitable, if it could have any positive effects at all, it was worth a try. She was eventually taken off it.

I, once again, am going to stand on my soap box. I have decided that no matter how insignificant, I will no longer hesitate to bug the heck out of my vet when I feel something isn't "right." I know my kids. Every nuance of their behavior, habits, etc. And I'm a nurse, and very attuned to physical and behavioral changes. But I'm not hysterical!!! I think I can sense better than anyone when they are not well. I have too often been told "don't worry" or, LITERALLY, wait and call me in the morning. I did this when I first got Jing. She was stuporous and could hardly walk the stairs. I called my vet. They asked if "maybe she was over exercised today??!!!!!!!!" Call me in the morning. I knew something was wrong. But I guess I wanted to believe it wasn't serious. By morning she was almost unconcious. I adopted her from a rescue group who did not automatically spay on adoption and she was scheduled for an appt. to have it done soon. Well, she had developed pyometra, a very serious, potentially fatal infection of the uterus. Their response as I and my husband carried her into the hospital was, "OH!!!!" Major surgery followed with a lengthy recuperation. When she first developed symptoms of liver cancer, and I remember the night so well, I knew that night something was very wrong. Jing, a lab, never passed up a crumb. Every night while cooking she would sit by my feet and wait for SOMETHING to drop..usually a veggie or some lettuce. That night she lay on the floor, lethargic, and didn't want to "beg." She didn't want to move. My stomach sunk. I noticed she had fine tremors in all her limbs. (Turns out it was a petite mal seizure!!!) The animal hospital on call, not mine, said it was probably just a fever or she was tired. I became more insistent. She got very snippy and annoyed. I told her she was probably having a "bad night" and slammed the phone down, knowing something was really wrong. I don't think I was ever so angry. Working with patients, I know how a patient's family should be dealt with; even if the Dr. believes the family or patient is over-reacting, the Dr. has to listen, show concern, and certainly not be dismissive. She was just rude and apparently didn't want to be bothered that night. It took 2 change of vets and 1 month later before I finally got a diagnosis.

PLEASE don't feel guilty about not calling or insisting on having Killian's meds adjusted sooner. WE are supposed to be the novices here. We trust our doctors. For the most part I do. But now, when I feel there really is something wrong, I INSIST on bringing them in. I don't care anymore if they think I'm a nut, a pain, or whatever!! I go!!! I have even INSISTED they do blood work, xrays etc. if there is any question. As far as I'm concerned, the more knowledge, info. etc to make a diagnosis, the better.

I don't believe there should be any permanent liver damage with Killian. And taking him off the meds will hopefully reverse the symptoms dramatically. Please let me know how he is as soon as there is word from the vet, any change, etc. You have no idea how deeply I am praying for you and Killian. And thank you so much for your kind words about my precious Jingles. That was so kind of you, especially when you have such a heavy heart. Love to you both. Sandra

[This message has been edited by tatsxxx11 (edited June 18, 2001).]

Sudilar
06-18-2001, 07:19 PM
Oh Sandra, you are so right!!! This is what happened. On last Wed. I had to speak to the other vet because mine was not in. I did what he said and waited. On Sat. morning I couldn't stand it any more. When I spoke to my regular vet and told him what I observed he said to stop the medicine IMMEDIATELY and how fast can I get Killian to the office. I said 5 minutes and he said get in here!! If my vet had been in on that Wed. we could have stopped this sooner. I shouldn't have listened to the other vet. This will never happen again. I don't care if I sound like a pest or an idiot, this is my baby we're talking about here. I know that in MOST dogs this medicine may react differently and safely, but Killian is NOT most dogs.
I posed the question about toxicity to my vet when I picked Killian up for the day and she said yes. That is what seems to have happened!! If anything, I learned that I must believe in my own gut feelings and remember that vets don't always know everything!
Sue

------------------

tatsxxx11
06-18-2001, 09:01 PM
Oh Sue, Thank God and the good sense of your vet. Oh, Killian, please be well baby. Hurry and get well. Your mommy is so worried. Is Killian home now? Please hug him so tightly for me and kisses right on the side of his nose. Sue, I will thinking of you both all night. Star, Cody, Mr. B and Oliver all have their paws crossed and are saying their prayers. Love you Killian. You know, Cody is half Shep so she is especially upset. She was a rescue too. I hope you all sleep well tonight and tomorrow brings a sunny day and good news. Love to you both. Sandra

K9karen
06-18-2001, 09:21 PM
Oh Wow! Poor Killi and Sue! Here I am wallowing in self pity with my own problems when I read about poor Killian. I swear to you I will pray and pray that he gets better. Sandra, the wise one, is so right. I 3rd degree my vet and he doesn't mind it one bit. I know every hair follicle on Cody and when I'm told not to worry, as minor as it may turn out to be, I always say, "I'll be right over" I know thay may think I'm a crazy woman but they greet me with hugs and play with Cody, My vet thinks it's great to know your pet. That's why, I too, try to stick to one. I know the terrible feeling you're going through, Sue, stress, worry, heart pounding, I feel such sympathy for you. You know we are here for you always!

shais_mom
06-18-2001, 09:45 PM
I like the others didn't catch your post until today. I was shocked to see your post. Shai, Kylie and I will be praying and thinking of him. Keep us posted.

Sudilar
06-18-2001, 10:22 PM
Thank you all again and again. You are my lifeline!!
Killi is a little disoriented (don't know why, they didn't drug him?). Four times he tried to squeeze into my rocking-recliner (which he doesn't fit in, he never did that before!) Right now he's under my chair and snoozing. I'm sure he'll be up at night asking to go out. Shiloh can't figure out why he doesn't want to play. Tomorrow we'll go through this again. It's been brought up to me that if I still had followed the other vets instructions and waited til the next scheduled visit, Killi would be dead by then! How scary. Thanks again for all your prayers! I'll let you know how tomorrow goes!
Sue

------------------

Genia
06-18-2001, 10:29 PM
I'm late too, but Killi is in our prayers. I hope and pray for a sucessful treatment and full recovery. Give Killian plenty of hugs and kisses from all of us.

Sudilar
06-19-2001, 08:56 PM
Killi came home from his second detox treatment and he actually looks good! He still wouldn't eat his hamburger and rice and dog food, but he did eat some hot dog and some Whopper (at least it was something). Tomorrow he goes in for all those liver tests to see how much damage there is . The results should be in on Thursday or Friday. If the results are bad then he has to go in for and ultrasound and biopsy. I am really hopeful that he will get better!
Sue

------------------

[This message has been edited by Sudilar (edited June 19, 2001).]

Daisy's Mom
06-19-2001, 09:02 PM
That sounds promising. You keep on getting better, Killian, and Daisy and I will keep our prayers going.

Pam
06-19-2001, 09:13 PM
It sounds encouraging. Try to keep your spirits up and think positively. I hope there is no permanent damage and he will be as good as new real soon. Continue to keep us posted.

jackiesdaisy1935
06-19-2001, 09:15 PM
He seems to be making some progress, we will be thinking about him and hoping all his tests come out really good. Daisy, Perry and I send a big hug for him. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

------------------

RachelJ
06-19-2001, 10:50 PM
Gentle little Hannah kisses and numberous Tucker kisses being sent Killian's way. What is the situation with the condition for which he was receiving the treatment? At least did the medication zap that?

tatsxxx11
06-20-2001, 05:27 AM
Sue. So far so good. I will with you every second in spirit, waiting for the test results. I know you must be terribly anxious. But we are all thinking POSITIVE!!! Till then, give Killi big labbie licks from Star and a gentle neck nuzzle from Cody, AND the biggest kiss from me. We are with you all the way. Sandra

Gio
06-20-2001, 07:13 AM
The news seem to be encouraging. I won't be able to check in for a couple of weeks, I will keep my prayers up though.

ALl the best
Gio

KYS
06-20-2001, 08:26 AM
I'm am sending Killi many many
good wishes and thoughts that
he will be 100% better.
I would not be a happy camper
with the other Vet at this point,
considering what poor Killi has
to go through.
Hope all goes well on Thursday.

Sudilar
06-20-2001, 09:28 AM
Thank you for your continued prayers and well-wishes. You all are the best. This morning Killi is mopey. He still won't eat very much. Yes, to say the least, I AM not too happy with that one vet (who has avoided me like the plague when I was in). I can't wait for the test results. I am so hopeful, but I still have that nagging thought on my mind about what if the results are still bad.... This afternoon, we go in for the tests. I am soooo nervous!!! Thanks, again.
Sue

------------------

06-20-2001, 09:45 AM
Good luck Sue. Let us know as soon as you hear something.

------------------
Tanya

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/024/Mf/XB/iu/Kz73337.jpg

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/011/OW/TW/7E/mf54030.jpg

AdoreMyDogs
06-20-2001, 09:55 AM
Sue, I so much hope Killian is OK and his test results come back good. He is very loved by not only you, but his friends here on Pet Talk. I will be thinking of you and sweet, majestic Killian. Please give him a get well hug for me.

bugmom
06-20-2001, 11:47 AM
Our paws are crossed and prayers are lifted! its all gonna be great! killian is gonna be woofing down those whoopers in no time. just gotta get the yuckies outta the system first and that just takes some time - its like after the flu - your hungry but your not...

bug wants to give killian little ear whispers and a kiss.

positive thoughts! -janet

06-20-2001, 02:42 PM
Dear Killian & Sue ~
Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.
All paws are crossed at the Ranch for Killian.

/s/ Cinder, Smokey, Boots and Dad

------------------
/s/ Cinder & Smokey
the Rescued & Adopted
FurKids of *Phred*

Sudilar
06-20-2001, 03:34 PM
Awwww, you all are the very best!!
Just got back from the vet and we have a little bit of good news. Killi's liver enzymes have gone down from 821 to 391 (normal is about 75 or at least less than 100). This is still progress, though. He lost more weight however, he's only 96 lbs. It seems that he had a toxic build-up of that Metronidazole! We are going to give him a week to hopefully get even better and then do the enzyme test again. If it is still elevated then we will do the ultrasound test to see what is going on. The vet said to feed him WHATEVER he will eat to try to keep his weight up, so hot dogs and liver will be on his menu. Thank you so much for your continued prayers, hugs, and support. We REALLY appreciate it!!
Sue and Killian

------------------

aly
06-20-2001, 05:13 PM
Killian has so much positive energy coming his way that he has no choice but to get better! Is Shiloh getting jealous of Killians yummy diet? I will continue my prayers for Killian and also you and Shiloh. Keep your head up because I'm sure everything will turn out fine.

Sudilar
06-20-2001, 06:36 PM
LOL Shiloh is getting fatter (and she's supposed to be on a diet!). She gets all that Killian won't eat. Now I'm making him meatloaf because he won't eat plain hamburger and rice. I hope he eats that! What we don't do for our furbabies!

------------------

tatsxxx11
06-20-2001, 08:06 PM
Sue, I was so thrilled to hear the news of Killian's improvement. Remember, baby steps!! Let's just hope that he starts to get his appetite back soon. With all that homemade cooking, I'm sure he'll be back to his old self soon. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif I was particularly happy to hear that his enzymes had dropped so, even though still high. We can only thank the powers that be that this horrible mistake, if we can call it that, was caught in time. Sue, you must sit there and think, what if...what if....all day. Thank you for being such a good mommy. Please kiss the boy, (you know where) and tell him we all here love him and are saying our prayers. Keep us updated Sue. Love always, Sandra, Cody and Star

Sudilar
06-20-2001, 08:20 PM
Oh, Sandra, you are so right. If I followed the vets directions, Killian would be dead. When I stopped the medication he was supposed to be on it for 12 more days!! I can't even think of it! However, if that "other" vet was smarter, I could have caught it 3 days earlier and he wouldn't have been as poisoned. From now on, I will be my vets worse nightmare. I will want to know what, why, when and if. I will present any and every possible scenario I can think of that could happen. Hopefully he isn't too damaged by this.
On a happy note, he ate some meatloaf. Such little things make me so happy! LOL
Sue

ownerof3dogs
06-20-2001, 11:02 PM
Sorry I'm a little late on this topic my internet wasn't working. I am so sorry to here Killian was ill and I am glad that he is starting to do better. Hope things continue to get better.

------------------
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/035/bO/l4/vr/eo17430.jpg http://wsphotofews.excite.com/023/RX/HD/Lh/Rf73105.jpg http://wsphotofews.excite.com/016/qg/ce/yN/gH75023.jpg

Karen
06-20-2001, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Sudilar:
From now on, I will be my vets worse nightmare ...

Nonsense, I say. Any vet worth their biscuits has to be glad to have patients' families that are as concerned and curious as can be - it will keep everybody happier and healthier. And I bet the worst part of any vet's day is a desperately sick animal because of owners' lack of knowledge.

[This message has been edited by Karen (edited June 21, 2001).]

KYS
06-20-2001, 11:10 PM
I am So glad that Killi's
liver enzymes have dropped.
I will be on pins and needles till
next weeks test results.
Not sure I can wait that long,
so you better keep us posted.

tatsxxx11
06-21-2001, 05:58 AM
Just wanted you to know that we're all thinking of Killi and you, Sue this morning before work. Hope that Killi ate his meatloaf...Give him a BIG hug and kiss. Love, Sandra

K9karen
06-21-2001, 09:44 AM
Ah! The power of prayer! Sue, I'm always thinking of you and Killi and Shiloh. Good news that his enzyme levels dropped. Keep us posted. Love you, K & C xoxo

bugmom
06-21-2001, 11:10 AM
Bug suggests ketchup on the meatloaf or cheese on top. she likes both of those methods of preparation and gobbles it up... You could also try a lamb or chicken meatloaf. Maybe use rice instead of breadcrumbs. maybe even jsut plain rice and scrambled egg. i am making myself pretty hungry here!

But bottom line - we are sooooo glad that the enzymes are heading in the right direction and the poison is leaving killians system. I vote for an afternoon lounge for sue and killian... feet up telie on - or a book - and just relax since you've both been through sooo much! Still praying and think of you two all the time!

janet

Albea
06-21-2001, 01:41 PM
Sue:
I only came to this topic today, I don't read about "dog health" very often because it upsets me too much when a furry friend is sick. But it looks that I came to read good news. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif
I'm so glad that Killian is doing better. Both Carina and I send best wishes for a speedy recovery with many hugs and kisses. If good vibes send in cyberspace help, all will be good news from now on.

------------------
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/025/ox/zP/8K/Af88578.jpg

Come smile with me at:
http://community.webshots.com.user/alicia_206

Sudilar
06-21-2001, 01:45 PM
As usual, you guys are just so great!! Killi ate some meatloaf yesterday, but today he won't touch it. I put cheese on it (He used to LOVE cheese) but he wouldn't touch it. He gets me so worried. I ran out to buy some braunshweiger (he also LOVES that) and he did eat some, so I mixed some in with a little bit of Nutro canned Chicken and Rice for Seniors and I got him to eat a little of that! Shiloh, on the other hand, just stands around waiting for all that food Killi won't eat. It is so hard to feed a dog that doesn't want to eat. I'll keep trying though. Thank you all for your continued love, prayers and concern. Killi send his love and so do Shiloh and I!

------------------

tatsxxx11
06-21-2001, 04:35 PM
Hi Sue..I'm glad to hear Killi is at least trying to eat a little. I know how frustrating it must be for you, trying EVERYTHING imaginable to get the appetite going. Give it a little more time. I'm sure the medic. played total havoc with him and when the liver is "assaulted" it particularly affects appetite. Please give him kisses you know where. Thinking of you both always and you are in our prayers daily.

jackiesdaisy1935
06-21-2001, 04:48 PM
Sue, have patience with him, I believe dogs know when they should eat and when not too.
If he is eating a little thats a good sign.
Just keep offering the things he likes, we are all looking for the day when you say he is eating everything in sight.
Jackie

------------------

Daisy's Mom
06-21-2001, 10:25 PM
That news sounds promising. Killian, you have to get bettre okay? You have a LOT of people ordering you too, and from what I hear, you're a pretty obedient boy. So you better do what we say and get well soon http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

And Daisy's mouth is watering just hearing about your diet. I wouldn't be surprised if she started to fake sick so she can have some meat loaf too!

tatsxxx11
06-23-2001, 07:13 AM
Kind of worried since we haven't heard from you Sue. Please let us know how Killi's doing, OK? Hugs and kisses Killi!!

Sudilar
06-23-2001, 11:13 AM
Thanks Sandra,
Yesterday morning it was discouraging because I tried everything and he wouldn't eat, but by late last night, he did eat a little. He's getting so skinny. Tomorrow we're planning on steak, he SHOULD eat some of that!
Sue

------------------

tatsxxx11
06-23-2001, 04:18 PM
Try not to get discouraged, Sue. I know it must be VERY hard. Did the vet say that the appetite would be affected for a while? Is he drinking enough? How about vomiting? Does Killi act otherwise as he usually does? I just hope he's keeping down what he takes in. Hang in there mom. You know I'm keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers ALWAYS! Love you guys. And Killi, here comes a great, big KISS AND HUG! Sandra.

Corinna
06-23-2001, 07:49 PM
I know this sounds expensive and time consuming but try either pureed food in the blender or baby food.and try spoon feeding to get the food down some times they just need it broken down a little more for them just as we do when we feel ucky.

TheAntiPam
06-23-2001, 09:11 PM
With cats, heating up the food makes it smell better for the sick pet...You probably already knew that. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

When my cat was very ill, he even went up on the roof (a bad sign in cats, often it means they are getting ready to die). But he still ate a bit of food every day, enough to sustain him for about 5 days. With the medicine in the food, he pulled through!

It is amazing how their little bodies can heal. Yet another daily miracle. And one that is just waiting for Killian! Bestest Wishes from the kitties and me!

[This message has been edited by TheAntiPam (edited June 23, 2001).]

jackiesdaisy1935
06-23-2001, 09:34 PM
Our Vet suggested when Kona had an eating problem to mix hard boiled eggs, cooked rice and cottage cheese together and feed her and she did well. Its very bland, but it worked.
Hopefully Killian is doing better and he is eating more.. We are all thinking about you
Jackie, Perry and Daisy

------------------

tatsxxx11
06-24-2001, 06:57 AM
Thinking of you this morning Killi. Please eat for Mama. I hear steak is on the menu for today!! We are all going to say extra prayers for you this morning Killi. Cody and Star send you all their love. Let us know how you are doing, OK sweet boy? Your friend Sandra

Sudilar
06-24-2001, 11:56 AM
Hi, all,
Killi wouldn't eat yet, but we will try steak today. He's in a pretty good mood now. I'm surprised he isn't passing out from hunger, though. Thanks for the hugs and kisses! We send em back! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

------------------

Sudilar
06-24-2001, 04:16 PM
Hooray,
Killian ate some steak today. Actually, he ate a lot of it. I hope he continues to eat, but I can see a problem brewing that he won't ever want to eat dog food again. Oh well, at least he's eating for now. Wednesday is the big re-test day. I'm on pins and needles!
Sue

RachelJ
06-24-2001, 04:29 PM
Oh, I am so glad. Even a little food will help stimulate the appetite. Let's hope that this is indicative that the crisis is over as well and his numbers are improving. Atta boy, Killian.

Pam
06-24-2001, 05:38 PM
Yay Killian!! Before you know it he will be telling you whether he prefers his steak well done or medium rare!! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif I hope he has turned a corner and is now heading down the road to a complete recovery!! Such good news!

Karen
06-24-2001, 05:54 PM
Yeah, the transition from steak back to dog food might be a bit of a letdown for him, but hey, he's eating!

tatsxxx11
06-24-2001, 08:02 PM
Yipeeeeeee! Good Boy Killian! I know your mom must feel just a bit relieved! Keep up the good work, beautiful, beautiful Killian! And if need be, we'll all take up a collection to keep you in steak forever! Big smacker kiss to you Killi!

Daisy's Mom
06-25-2001, 12:02 AM
Good boy, Killian! Steak huh? What a lucky boy! You gave such a good Mommy http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif And Shiloh sweetie, I hope you are getting some of these goodies too! Hugs and kisses to Killia in hopes that he gets better, to Sue for being such a wonderful Mommy, and to Shiloh, because it must be hard watching Killi get all this special treatment! Keep getting better, Killian!

AdoreMyDogs
06-25-2001, 06:58 AM
Killian, keep up the good work because there are alot of people who love you! Keep eating that steak, cheese, meatloaf, and whatever else your great mom feeds you so you can get strong and stay strong. I'm praying for you, buddy.

*LabLoverKEB*
06-25-2001, 09:45 PM
Oh Sue!! I'm so sorry to hear about poor Killian. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif It must be very hard for Shiloh! I really do hope things get better with Killian!! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif Love and prayers from Sadie May and LabLover!! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

------------------
***.Sadie May and LabLover.*** .*Labs rule the universe*

http://hometown.aol.com/sarahbcm/myhomepagedog.html

*LabLoverKEB*
06-25-2001, 09:48 PM
Oh Sue! I'm so sorry to hear about poor Killian. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif It must be very hard for Shiloh! I really do hope things get better with Killian! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif Love and prayers from Sadie May and LabLover! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

------------------
***.Sadie May and LabLover.*** .*Labs rule the universe*

http://hometown.aol.com/sarahbcm/myhomepagedog.html

bugmom
06-26-2001, 11:15 AM
Sue, So glad to hear that Killian ate the steak. i was gonna suggest just plain ol' chicken noodle soup, but sounds as though he's a steak-dog now! tomorrow's the big day for Killian and i'm sure it will be even better than last time. those little enzymes will start doing what their supposed to so that Killian will be right back to health and mischief... maybe you should hid his food in the garbage can.... i know bug always thinks if its from the garbage its gotta be great. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

still keepin' the positive vigil for killian and yourself. bug sends a puppy kiss and head butt (the cats do too!)

janet

RachelJ
06-26-2001, 11:35 AM
Sue, we need a Killian update. How's he been eating?

Stenograsaurus
06-26-2001, 12:44 PM
I'm glad Killian is doing better. Sorry it took so long to respond but my computer went down at home on Friday and I couldn't get on Pettalk at work Monday.
Killian, you got to eat steak!!! Be honest, that's what you were holding out for, huh? There's the proof you need to know how smart shephards are!!
I'm anxiously awaiting good news tomorrow and I still have Killian in my prayers.

Sudilar
06-26-2001, 01:31 PM
Hi, everyone,
Killian seems to be doing very well today! He ate some hamburger this morning AND a little of canned dog food! He looks happier and his eyes are brighter. We have to wait til Thursday to go to the vet because we have to take the car in to be fixed tomorrow and OUR vet is in on limited hours! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif He could always see that OTHER vet http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/eek.gif. LOL (not really) I am hoping and praying for good news Thursday because today he seems to be acting like his old self, stealing the bone away from Shiloh, bringing me his toys!! How encouraging!! I'm so scared, though at what the vet might tell me on Thursday. But, I am keeping my hopes up! He WILL be fine..he WILL be fine...
Thank you all for your prayers because if/when Killian pulls through all this, it is because of all the wonderful prayers and well-wishes that have come our way from you great people!! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif
Sue and Killian and Shiloh (who really HAS to go on a diet after all this!)

------------------

[This message has been edited by Sudilar (edited June 26, 2001).]

tatsxxx11
06-26-2001, 02:12 PM
Sue, your good news has made my day!!!! I know you still must feel like you're walking on egg shells, e.g. waiting for the next set of test results. But, I think the fact that Killi's appetite AND behavior have so dramatically improved, can only bode well for next Thursday. Thank you Killi for making such a great effort to get well! You and your mom are so very special! Love you Killi!! Have a bedtime snack for me! Love, Sandra, Cody and Star

RachelJ
06-26-2001, 08:58 PM
Sounds like Killian is feeling better. That's got to be a good sign. The worst is over. All we need now are good numbers and we'll all be jumping up and down.

Daisy's Mom
06-26-2001, 11:42 PM
Thank you all for your prayers because if/when Killian pulls through all this, it is because of all the wonderful prayers and well-wishes that have come our way from you great people!! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif

When, Sue. Not if, when http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

KYS
06-27-2001, 08:24 AM
One more day to find out what will
be (I'm sure) fantastic news. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif
Glad he is doing much better, you
almost had me in shock when
you mentioned that other VET!!!
Sheba is going to the vets this morning for
x-rays. She hurt her neck yesturday.
I hope we both get good news.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
We have to wait til Thursday to go to the vet because we have to take the car in to be fixed tomorrow and OUR vet is in on limited hours! He could always see that OTHER vet . LOL (not really)

Sudilar
06-27-2001, 09:03 AM
KYS,
How did Sheba hurt her neck? I hope it is OK! Good luck! I'll be thinking about her, too.
Thanks, all,
Killian is still eating better today. He's not back to normal eating, but much better than not. My son's fiance mentioned that she was shocked at how much weight Killian lost over those few days that she didn't see him! Can't wait for tomorrow (or maybe I can). Thanks for all your prayers!! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif
Sue and the Kill-boy

06-27-2001, 10:01 AM
Good luck tomorrow and let us know as soon as you can.

------------------
Tanya

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/024/Mf/XB/iu/Kz73337.jpg

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/023/RX/HD/Ln/K185881.jpg

KYS
06-27-2001, 08:16 PM
Sue,
I have no idea.
Sheba woke up yesturday morning and
could not move her head or neck
to the right. She had a hard time walking
too. This happened before a few months ago, I figure it must have happened when
Sheba and ROcky were playing.
I just got her back from
the vets and the x-rays showed
that she has arthritis in the spine above her hips and has a slight disk problem above her shoulder. So she has to have
complete rest for 30 days, no wearing any collar no walks and no playing, no nothing.
http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif
If it happens again back to the vet,
Surgery is not an option at this stage,
to dangerous for the dog. She is already
feeling better and can move her
neck a little.

I will be waiting for some GREAT news
for Killian tomarrow. : )

Daisy's Mom
06-27-2001, 09:03 PM
Good luck to both Killian and Sheba!

Sudilar
06-28-2001, 01:42 PM
:( Bad news. I can't believe it. Killian's liver enzymes were only down to 389 from last week's 391. (normal is <100, he used to be 18, I found out). Next step is an abdominal ultrasound with a possibility of an immediate liver aspiration or biopsy. I'm waiting to hear when the Ultrasound specialist can squeeze us in. He's down to 95lbs. from his previous 110. He has my vet stumped because he doesn't really act as sick as he should. :confused: She also does not feel any masses when the liver is palpitated. ???? So the crisis continues...
Sue and Killian :(

[ June 28, 2001: Message edited by: Sudilar ]

wolflady
06-28-2001, 01:55 PM
Oh Sue!! What terrible news!! We'll all be praying extra extra hard for you and Killian. Be sure to let us know what happens with the ultra sound!! I was really hoping that Killian was getting better from the previous posts...
My Marius sends some purrs to Killian...after all, purrs are supposed to have a healing nature ;)
You're in our thoughts and prayers during this uncertain time...

RachelJ
06-28-2001, 02:19 PM
:( I had so hoped the news would be different. Please know that we are with you in your concern and this difficult time.

jackiesdaisy1935
06-28-2001, 02:22 PM
Sue, so sorry the news was not good right now, we will all be praying for Killian and sending good wishes to him. Hopefully the next time you will hear good news about his condition. Hugs and kisses from Daisy, Perry and me.

KYS
06-28-2001, 05:36 PM
Sue,

I am so sorry!
I hope they are not charging you one dime
for the best care for Killian.
Poor baby, what he must be going through.
I'll be angry for you, and you just
worry about your baby getting better.

Karen
06-28-2001, 05:56 PM
Sad that he isn't as better as we thought he might be, but he IS eating, so that's gotta help. We'll all keep our fingers/paws/claws crossed for the poor baby!

Sudilar
06-28-2001, 05:59 PM
Thanks for your continued prayers and wishes. He seems to be eating all the wrong stuff that doggies shouldn't eat (today he had a little bit of hot dog, cheeseburger, and he gobbled up the chicken tenders and so happened to eat the kibble :) that was stuck on it! I am just so disappointed because I thought for sure that his enzymes would be going down. At least he's not acting sick! Can't wait til we find out what's really wrong with him. :confused:

KYS
No, I'm paying big bucks for this. However I don't get charged for the office visits, just the tests and lab work. :mad:

Thanks for all your support. It's helping me get through all this.
Sue

[ June 28, 2001: Message edited by: Sudilar ]

tatsxxx11
06-28-2001, 09:37 PM
Hi Sue. I am so sorry to hear of the news re: enzyme levels. I know how disappointed you must be. Of course, I'm happy that Killi is eating, if not all that he should be. I hope that further testing will finally give you a definitive answer to this dilemma. When will they be doing the ultrasound? Hopefully that will give you the information you need. As always, you and the Killi boy are in my prayers and thoughts EVERY day. Please hug and kiss him for me. Love you Killi. Love, Cody, Star and Sandra

AdoreMyDogs
06-28-2001, 09:43 PM
Sue, I pray that your Killian will be OK. I was so sorry to hear about his enzyme levels, but since he keeps eating all that extra special stuff hopefully he'll pull out of it real quick. Best of luck to you and Killian.
Love,
Leslie

Logan
06-28-2001, 10:05 PM
:( Sue, I'm so sorry! I checked in tonight from the beach, just to see if you had learned anything new. And I was so hoping for positive news for you and for Killian. I am keeping you in my prayers, Sue, and hope for some quick resolution to this problem.

Logan

Daisy's Mom
06-29-2001, 01:11 AM
Oh Sue, I am so sorry! Pleas keep your chin up, for your sake and for Killian's! He WILL get better, you just have to wait. As one of my favorite quote says, "Everything is okay in the end, and if it isn't okay, then it isn't the end yet." I hope you can get the ultrasound in soon so you won't have to worry.

bugmom
06-29-2001, 03:02 PM
Bug and are in the well-wishing boat too. Its great that Killian is eating though - good stuff or not so good - and bug doesn't see a problem with Chicken Tenders :D its when they are coated with bbq sauce.. at least thats in bug's gourmet world of dining.

we are still definitely thinking of Killi and praying for his return to total health. Paws up to Killian and Sue !

KYS
06-29-2001, 06:43 PM
:mad: This goes for me too.

Thinking about you both.

sammi
06-29-2001, 08:33 PM
I sure hope he can get better soon. Will cont. to think about you and pray for you both.

K9karen
06-29-2001, 09:49 PM
Sue, you know I love you and your boys....
My prayers and thoughts are always with you!
Cmom Killi, raise those enzyme levels! You can do it!! Thatagoodboy!!!!! Love Karen and Cody xoxoxo kisses to Shiloh too

Angels3
06-30-2001, 03:17 AM
Sue, I've just caught up, too. But I'll make up for it with tons of prayers for Killian. When our animals are in need, we always ask St Francis, the patron saint of animals, to specially look after them. So we'll as St Francis to watch over Killian & guide the hearts & minds & hands of all who are looking after his welfare. My thoughts are with you, too...after what you've seen your lovely dog endure.

Pam
06-30-2001, 06:52 AM
Sue...I am so sorry that Killian is not responding as quickly as we had all hoped. I would be encouraged that he has an appetite even if it's for the wrong things. Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers that this crisis will soon be over.

Sudilar
06-30-2001, 08:52 AM
Thank you, Everyone, for your continued prayers and well-wishes! We really appreciate it! Killian still does not want to eat any kibble. I'm going to go to Petsmart and pick up a variety of kibble and try feeding it to him. Maybe we can hit on one he'll eat. I don't care if it's a quality kibble or not at this point. I just want him to eat it. (I'm even considering checking into the BARF diet!) Other than that, he's getting hamburger every day. We're still waiting for an ultrasound date. I hope the ultrasound can tell us something. He doesn't appear too sick, though. This is just so depressing! Angels3, I will ask St. Francis, St. Therese and St. Jude for help!
Thanks again, for thinking of us!!
Sue and Killian and Shiloh
------------------

Angels3
06-30-2001, 08:42 PM
Angels3, I will ask St. Francis, St. Therese and St. Jude for help!
!
------------------[/QB][/QUOTE]

Sue, we'll join you in that...& the roses will continue to shower down on Killian & his family.
And that lovely boy's recovery from such depths shows that hope was always there for him...even when things looked hopeless.
Please keep us up-to-date.

jackiesdaisy1935
07-01-2001, 09:11 AM
Sue, keep the faith, there are so many people praying and thinking about Killian that it has to have a positive effect on him, if he is eating a little it seems like it should be a good sign, it doesn't matter what, just so he eats to keep his strength up. We will all be so happy when you get to post "All is well"
Jackie

Eudora
07-01-2001, 09:29 AM
I just joined Pet Talk, so I am really late in getting in my two cents' worth on Killian. I don't own a dog so I cannot offer advice but I am praying for Killian and hoping he recovers soon. :) With all of us rooting for him worldwide, I'm absolutely positive he will recover soon. You go, Killian! ;)

tatsxxx11
07-02-2001, 12:43 PM
Sue, please let us know how Killi is doing. We're all hoping for good news. Love, Sandra and Co.

Albea
07-02-2001, 12:47 PM
Sue: Carina and I keep on thinking about Killie and sending best wishes for a quick recovery. Hope the next time you post the news will be good. :)

[ July 02, 2001: Message edited by: Albea ]

Sudilar
07-02-2001, 03:31 PM
Killi's eating a little more each day and he seems to be feeling better! :) :) I still don't know when the ultrasound test will be, but I'm hoping it is soon because I can't stand not knowing. Of course, with my luck, they still won't be able to tell what's going on with him! :(
I'll keep you posted!!
Sue

RachelJ
07-02-2001, 09:31 PM
Sue, do you know what they are looking for with the ultra sound? Are they saying that there could be another reason for the liver enzyme levels other than the medication?

Sudilar
07-02-2001, 10:36 PM
Rachel, the metronidazole made his system crash, however his enzyme levels were elevated before he started taking it (they were up, then went down a little, then he crashed. The ultrasound should detect any tumors or unusual looking masses, cysts or abscesses; chronic hepatitis or any liver abnormalities. The vet is stumped because he doesn't act as sick as he should be.

Today Killian actually ate his DOG FOOD and chicken. In fact, Shiloh's been finishing off his food for him lately so..... as Shiloh was standing over him and waiting for him to stop eating, he picked up his bowl and carried it into the dining room to finish the whole thing!! :) :) I was thrilled to see it!
Sue

[ July 02, 2001: Message edited by: Sudilar ]

Eudora
07-03-2001, 05:46 AM
That is great news! I'm so happy for you and Killian. I'm sure it can only get better from here. :)

Pam
07-03-2001, 06:10 AM
Wonderful news!! I certainly hope this is just the beginning of Killian returning to "his old self!" I love the mental picture I just got with him carrying his bowl away! :D

AdoreMyDogs
07-03-2001, 06:47 AM
Yay Killian! That's a good boy! And how cute that you pick up your food bowl and move it to where you want to eat :)

Stenograsaurus
07-03-2001, 08:43 AM
Oh, what a funny picture that must have been to see Killian carrying his bowl full of food away. It sounds like things are going to start looking up for you now. I sure hope so. I would have loved to have known what Shiloh was thinking. She was probably so disappointed. Well, way to go, Killian! Keep up the good work. We're all rooting for you!!

Corinna
07-03-2001, 10:00 AM
I started cring imaniging him packing his dish, He must be feeling better. Merlin and I have been silent but in prayers for him. Sometimes a slow recovery means greeat healing taking place> Its Gods time not ours . Keep up the good cheer!

Sudilar
07-03-2001, 10:23 AM
Thanks, Everyone!
It was sooo funny. He's done that before and it never ceases to amaze me how he doesn't spill a drop of food when he carries it! I am much more hopeful of his recovery now that he's acting so much more "normal"! Can't wait for ultrasound!
Sue and "Silly Boy"

jackiesdaisy1935
07-03-2001, 11:30 AM
Good news, Sue, he must be feeling better if he is protecting his food and has some of his appetite back. I laughed when you said he carried his food dish away, that's one way to keep everybody out of it. :) :)

Sudilar
07-03-2001, 12:42 PM
Ultrasound and probable biopsy is scheduled for July 17th. Please keep your fingers and paws crossed! ;)
Sue and Killi

Logan
07-03-2001, 03:02 PM
They are, Sue. Give Killian and Shiloh a big hug from us. http://www.plauder-smilies.de/knuddel.gif
We're thinking of you often, and praying LOTS for you.
Logan, Honey and Lilly

tatsxxx11
07-03-2001, 05:21 PM
Oh Killi, I'm so glad you're starting to eat a little better and "covet" your food bowl! We all love you Killi and are keeping all our paws and fingers crossed that your loving mommy gets good news on the 17th. Have a happy and safe and FOOD FILLED 4th and know we all are thinking of you. Love, Sandra, Cody and Star

[ July 04, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

Daisy's Mom
07-04-2001, 12:22 AM
Good boy, eating your dog food Killian!

All fingers and paws here are crossed till the 17th!

Eudora
07-04-2001, 09:13 AM
Hi Killian and Sue, my fingers and toes are crossed till the 17th! ;) I think Killian will be fine. :)

Sudilar
07-04-2001, 11:33 AM
Happy 4th everyone!
Today Killi is going to have fish, pork chops and steak. Today will be a "good" eatin' day, I'm sure!!
Sue

jackiesdaisy1935
07-04-2001, 12:56 PM
Wow, Sue, Killian is quite the gourmet.
Hope he has a great appetite :)

Daisy's Mom
07-04-2001, 11:05 PM
Wow Killian, you have a better menu than me :)

karen israel
07-05-2001, 09:05 AM
Hey Sue! Cody and I will be over for the yummy grub at around, say 6p? Set 2 extra "seats" on the floor!! LOL! :D
Lots of paws and fingers crossed in Glenside!

Tanya&Fritz
07-05-2001, 09:06 AM
Sounds like Killian is doing well. Now that Fritz has had a taste of hamburger and rice I don't think he'll ever go back to dog food! I won't let him know what Killian's menu is, he'd be jealous!

Sudilar
07-05-2001, 09:47 AM
As expected, Killian had a good day!! OK, now I think he's fakin' this whole enzyme attack! LOL How'd he get those enzymes to elevate? :confused: He's still a bit on the thin side yet. I am so hopefull that he'll be ok. He's lookin' good! Sorry if all you other pets are reading about Killian's diet and getting jealous!! What will I do if he gets put on a restricted diet?? Oh, well, we'll deal with that when and if it happens!! Hope everyone had a great 4th!
Sue Killian and Shiloh

Pam
07-05-2001, 12:25 PM
Sue...Glad to hear he's looking good!! We are keeping positive thoughts on this!! It's not going to be fun going back to krunchies! :D

Karen...Laughed out loud about "set two seats on the floor!" You are too much! :D :D

Sudilar
07-05-2001, 01:17 PM
6:00 is good. :) :)

tatsxxx11
07-05-2001, 07:20 PM
What great news to hear Killi's finally regaining his taste for the "good life!" Star is DYING and salivating, just hearing me recite his daily menu!!! Good job Killi. And tons of hugs and kisses to you sweet, sweet boy!!! I'm SO happy to hear the good news! Love, Sandra, Cody and Star

Sudilar
07-05-2001, 08:56 PM
More good news. Killi was just outside chasing Shiloh like a crazy nut, twirling and running! She's been pestering him to play for a few weeks now but he just ignored her. Boy was she suprised when he started chasing her! LOL
Today he ate fish again (LOVES it) and about 1 1/2 cups of kibble mixed in. Wow! That's the most kibble he ate at one time in weeks!

Thanks all for continuing to think about us!

Sue, Silli-Killi, and Shiloh

jackiesdaisy1935
07-05-2001, 09:24 PM
Sue, it sounds like Killi is feeling like his ole self. We will all be happy to hear this kind of good news.
:D :D :D

[ July 05, 2001: Message edited by: jackiesdaisy1935 ]

Daisy's Mom
07-05-2001, 11:59 PM
Killian I am so happy you are doing better! You keep on climbin' up the hill of health, ok? :)

jackiesdaisy1935
07-06-2001, 08:55 AM
Bridget, I have been meaning to tell you I love the signature you have, that is just precious, it looks like Daisy with the fan blowing her ears, it's really cute. :D :D

Albea
07-06-2001, 01:16 PM
Hi Sue!
What great news!!!
Both Carina and I hope he'll continue to get better every day and send him a big hug. ;)

AdoreMyDogs
07-07-2001, 09:36 AM
Killi, Killi he's our man, if he can't do it...noone can! You go, Killian! You are one tough dude and we all love you so much here on Pet Talk! You keep up the good work because you are a special guy.

Hugs, and kisses from me, Graham, Cassie & little baby Ritz.

Sudilar
07-07-2001, 11:06 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! :) :)
Killian

Pam
07-07-2001, 11:22 AM
Bridget...I agree with Jackie and have been meaning to tell you exactly the same thing. If that picture of the basset with the fan can't make a basset lover out of someone nothing can! (Of course "our Pet Talk Daisy" is queen of all bassets!) How cute!!

ownerof3dogs
07-08-2001, 12:39 AM
I am so happy to hear that Killian is felling better :D

Daisy's Mom
07-08-2001, 01:00 AM
How ya feeling today, Killian?

And thank you very much, Pam and Jackie! :) I have a marker board from my aunt with that picture on it. I love it!

shipugtzus
07-08-2001, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Daisy's Mom:
<STRONG>How ya feeling today, Killian?

And thank you very much, Pam and Jackie! :) I have a marker board from my aunt with that picture on it. I love it!</STRONG>

I am soooo sorry to hear about Killian.I have never had any experience with liver disease or that med,but do want you to know my prayers are freguent as I am sure everyones on this board is for his full recovery. We are all thinking of and praying for you and Killian,after all he is one of our babies...Keep your chin up Sandy

povertypop
07-08-2001, 08:50 AM
Hello Sue,
I've been scanning through the messages and good wishes for both you and Killion, it really is gratifying to know that there are so many people kind and loving enough to share that love and kindness with others.
I really hope that Killion continues to regain his good health.
I know how distressing it can be when pets are ill, as my dog Scamp has just had quite a big operation this week and has only just about got some of his old (wicked) self back.
Anyway Sue, all the best for you and Killion.
;)

Sudilar
07-08-2001, 10:13 AM
Welcome to the bb Sandy and povertypop,
The people on this bb are the most caring and supportive people you will ever get to know!! They are the BEST. They are the ones who keep me going with Killian and not give up hope. This is the absolute best pet BB on the Net, as you will see. So, welcome and join in and enjoy!

Povertypop, hope your pup is feeling better. What happened to yours?

Killi is still feeling pretty good except that he threw up this morning. I'm hoping that it was just caused by eating grass, but I didn't see any remains of it. I think he stopped losing weight, now we've got to see if he can regain some of the 15+ lbs. that he lost. Thanks, Everyone!

Sue, Killi and Shiloh

[ July 08, 2001: Message edited by: Sudilar ]

Eudora
07-10-2001, 05:36 AM
Hi Killian, it seems that you feel MUCH beeter now and that you wiill be perfect soon! All the best!~ :)~

Sudilar
07-10-2001, 10:40 AM
Hi, Everyone,
Tomorrow Killian goes in to the vet for all his pre-op testing in case they have to do an immediate biopsy next Tuesday. I'm going to have his liver enzymes tested too because he seems to be feeling much better and I am curious to see if his liver enzymes could have gone down more. :confused: I'll keep you posted!! Thanks for all the continued support, we really appreciate it! :D

Sue, Killian and Shiloh

Rottie
07-10-2001, 12:08 PM
<STRONG>More good news. Killi was just outside chasing Shiloh like a crazy nut, twirling and running! She's been pestering him to play for a few weeks now but he just ignored her. Boy was she suprised when he started chasing her! LOL
Today he ate fish again (LOVES it) and about 1 1/2 cups of kibble mixed in. Wow! That's the most kibble he ate at one time in weeks!

Thanks all for continuing to think about us!

Sue, Silli-Killi, and Shiloh</STRONG>

Wow Killian, you sure are one spoiled boy. Sue, how are you ever going to get him to eat normal dog food again? Or are you going to keep feeding him better than you feed yourself for the rest of his life. :D

Good luck at the vets, Killi boy!!!

Sudilar
07-10-2001, 12:20 PM
Yesterday was weiner schnitzel and today is liver. I have a gourmet dog. LOL Now he is eating some kibble with his good stuff. I think he even MAY be gaining back some of the 15lbs. that he lost! His liver enzymes have to be getting better (I hope)!

jackiesdaisy1935
07-10-2001, 12:50 PM
Killian, Daisy and Perry are jealous of your gourmet meals, keep feeling better and better, we all have positive thoughts going your way.

Daisy's Mom
07-11-2001, 12:30 AM
All paws and fingers are crossed here, hoping that all goes well!

Gio
07-11-2001, 06:10 AM
We are all keeping our fingers crossed at my house for Killian.

Take care
Gio

shipugtzus
07-11-2001, 10:58 AM
Sounds like Killi is doing worlds better,have been away for a while,but he has been in my thoughts and am certainly glad to hear about the improvement he has made.Sure sounds like everything is on the upward track,and that is certainly good news to hear.I will continue to keep him in all my doggie prayers till he gets a clear bill of health and it shows in his actions,as it seems to be doing already.Thanks for the welcome.I have 3 Tzus.2 pugs.1 doxie and a boxer.....Please keep us posted on his progress and we will all keep our fingers crossed.....Sandy

Corinna
07-11-2001, 11:43 AM
I have a theroy I've been thinking of since your ordeal strated maybe ask your vet. Dogs by nature are carnivores and since he's not been eating his kibble (most of witch is grains) Could he need the meat proteins more than most dogs? You've been feeding mostly meats and high protein and fats. Just a thought that came to me one night as I was thinking about the little guy.

Sudilar
07-11-2001, 11:50 AM
Corinna, Good question. I'll ask the vet this afternoon when we go in. Thanks!

tatsxxx11
07-11-2001, 05:12 PM
Star and Cody here. We wanted to say HI, Killi! Hope you're scarfing down gobs of goodies. We wanna see you tipping that scale up, up, up!! We think of you EVERY day and are looking forward to good news on the 17th! Killi, we LOVE YOU!!! Cody and Star (And our mom, of course!)

Sudilar
07-12-2001, 12:03 PM
Killian update:

Not bad news, not great news.
Killi's enzyme level went down a bit to 319, but is far from normal still (&lt;100, his used to be 14-18). We will proceed with the ultrasound and likely biopsy on Tuesday to look for cancer, tumors or any unusual growths.
He did not gain any weight. He still weighs only 95 lbs. :(
Bad news, his bad breath is back and that means infection or bacteria again. We can't deal with that now, though, because of the liver problems. :( :(
His clotting panel is normal.

So on we go!

Sue and Killian

jackiesdaisy1935
07-12-2001, 02:21 PM
Sue, just keep positive thoughts for Killi, with all the good wishes and prayers, he is sure to bounce back. Is he still eating fairly good? Keep those gourmet meals coming for him. :) I know Perry and Daisy are jealous, I think they will go on strike for better meals. :)

Sudilar
07-12-2001, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the encouragement. This is so hard. Just when I get to feeling that he's better, I find out that he really isn't and now the eosinophylic gingivitis is flaring up again. We can't treat that because it may damage the liver more. How scary is a toothless, 95lb. GSD? :eek: LOL Well, we'll deal with that later and if it has to be than so be it! http://www.plauder-smilies.de/happy/bdent.gif
Sue

[ July 12, 2001: Message edited by: Sudilar ]

Gio
07-13-2001, 04:22 AM
Just a thought, perhaps some homeopathic remedy could help Killian's gengivitis. My 18 year old cat has a chronic gum problems (bad breath and when he sneezed sometimes there is a little blood), the vet said that, due to his age and weak kidneys we should not give him any drugs. He is not in any pain and eats normally, to help him along we give him homeopathic remedies to fight the gum infection. I also used it when I had a bad tooth abscess... It works slowly but perhaps it wuold be better than nothing. Moreover there are no side effetcs.

Sudilar
07-13-2001, 09:46 AM
Gio, it's worth a try. It wouldn't hurt! What homeopathic remedy did you give your cat?
Today I started feeding Killian Nutro Natural Choice Dental Care kibble. He ate it as soon as Shiloh came up to his bowl and was ready to devour it! :) I didn't have to add anything to it either. Maybe the threat of the lurking Shiloh vacuum might work as well as gyros, steak, weiner schnitzel, fish, hong sue pork, etc. :) :) I sure hope so. It would be a lot cheaper! I'm still surprised that with all that fattening food, he didn't gain any more weight! I hope that's not a bad sign.
Will keep ya posted!
Sue and the Kill-Man

Gio
07-13-2001, 10:16 AM
I will have to have a look tonight, I have quite a lot of homeopathic stuff at home and I don't want to give you the wrong info. We use it a lot on our pets and ourselves. I will get back to you on Monday. Unfortunately I haven't got access to a PC over the weekend (I need to do something about it soon).

I hope Killian will start to put on some weight soon. Give him a big hug from me.

Sudilar
07-13-2001, 10:23 AM
Thanks, Gio!

RachelJ
07-13-2001, 12:18 PM
<STRONG>How scary is a toothless, 95lb. GSD? :eek: LOL Well, we'll deal with that later and if it has to be than so be it! http://www.plauder-smilies.de/happy/bdent.gif
Sue

</STRONG>

Sue, I'm glad you haven't lost your sense of humor through all this.

Sudilar
07-13-2001, 12:24 PM
Yeah, Rachel, you have to accept what you can't change and then deal with it!! Humor helps. ;)
Sue

tatsxxx11
07-13-2001, 12:56 PM
We love you Killi. You're our hero.

Love, Cody and Star

tatsxxx11
07-15-2001, 02:12 PM
Hi Killi...Star here. How you doing today friend? My mom read me your latest update and me and the Cody girl just wanted to say Hi and tell you we were thinking of you. Glad your weight is holdin steady.. Now keep eatin all those good things your mom's makin. We're all thinkin of you every day and hopin that every day you're getting better and better. We'll check in again soon. Love, Star and Cody

Sudilar
07-15-2001, 03:04 PM
Hi Star and Cody,
I'm doin'good. I'm still gettin' Mom to feed me some really good "people food". I'm eatin' some dog food, too to keep her happy. I'm nervous about Tuesday. They're gonna shave my belly and maybe do surgery. I'm not a happy camper again. I can't wait til this is all over. Thanks for thinkin' of me. Talk to ya soon.
Killi

Daisy's Mom
07-15-2001, 09:32 PM
Daisy here. Hi Killian! How ya feelin' today? I am so jealous of your menu. I hope you keep gettin' better. All the mommies on this site are very worried about you, you know. Don't you worry about Tuesday. If they do surgery it is only to make you feel better. And shaved bellies are cute ;) Keep us all updated on how everything turns out!
Slobbery Kisses,
Daisy

joycenalex
07-16-2001, 05:14 AM
dear killian and mom, alex-the-wonder-dog had a liver ultrasound on friday at ohio state university. it was harder on mom then it was on me. they carefully shaved his belly (since he's a black dog his belly now gleams white). the vet neuro suggested that it be done since he has epilepsy and have been on meds for that for 4 years now, and one of the meds is processed by the liver and can sometimes be toxic fast. alexs' liver enzymes are always 'off', but the bile acid test and the ultrasound came back fine, only showing mild enlargement. i give him as a supplement, milk thistle since it is thought to protect the liver and i am really happy with the results. best wishes to you and the furbaby tomorrow, joyce and alex

shipugtzus
07-16-2001, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by joycenalex:
<STRONG>dear killian and mom, alex-the-wonder-dog had a liver ultrasound on friday at ohio state university. it was harder on mom then it was on me. they carefully shaved his belly (since he's a black dog his belly now gleams white). the vet neuro suggested that it be done since he has epilepsy and have been on meds for that for 4 years now, and one of the meds is processed by the liver and can sometimes be toxic fast. alexs' liver enzymes are always 'off', but the bile acid test and the ultrasound came back fine, only showing mild enlargement. i give him as a supplement, milk thistle since it is thought to protect the liver and i am really happy with the results. best wishes to you and the furbaby tomorrow, joyce and alex</STRONG>

shipugtzus
07-16-2001, 07:35 AM
Sorry about the last post/Iscrewed up on sending it.Not unusual for me...lols. What i meant to say is Killi we all love you and hang in there.All of our thoughts and prayers are with you.Sandy

jackiesdaisy1935
07-16-2001, 10:09 AM
joycenalex, I am so glad the tests came out well, I think we would rather be sick than see our furbabies hurting.

Sue I know tomorrow is the big day, we will have our fingers crossed, toes crossed, paws crossed and many prayers going for Killi.
I feel he is a strong boy and everything will be good. :)
Jackie

Sudilar
07-16-2001, 03:06 PM
Joyce and Alex, welcome. You're gonna love it here!!

I'm so glad your ultrasound came back good. I think Killian will be nervous tomorrow, though. He always gets that way when he is not in his home environment. I hate that all these things have to be done to him. I often wonder what he thinks. Well, I can't wait til tomorrow is over and I really hope that they don't find anything serious.

I'll be thinking of all of you, thinking of us. That will get us through this. Thanks a bunch, everyone. We really appreciate it. You are all wonderful.

Sue and Killian

Daisy's Mom
07-16-2001, 11:53 PM
I am glad everything went okay for Alex. Killian, good luck tomorrow, sweetie!

tatsxxx11
07-17-2001, 05:48 AM
Dear Killian...Today you go for your testing, and we wanted you to know that since we all woke up this morning, we have been thinking about you, boy. Now, your mommy is very anxious, so make sure you give her lots of support and kisses. We are all saying BIG BIG prayers and keeping everything crossed that all goes well. We love you Killi. Love, Cody and Star (and our mom)

Stenograsaurus
07-17-2001, 08:40 AM
Killian, I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and your mommy today and praying for you guys. I hope everything goes okay. I'm praying we'll hear good news from you later today.

Cinder & Smoke
07-17-2001, 11:45 AM
Good Luck, Killian :D!

All the pawz, klwaz, and finnerbones at the Ranch are crossed for you today.

Do your Mom proud an get better! ;)

tatsxxx11
07-17-2001, 05:25 PM
Sue, any word yet? Anxiously awaiting news about Killi. Praying hard too. Sandra

Logan
07-17-2001, 06:05 PM
Oh, Killian. I am anxious too. Sue, I hope you got good news today...Fill us in when you can.

Logan

jackiesdaisy1935
07-17-2001, 06:59 PM
We are all thinking this afternoon about Killi and sending good wishes for good health.

Sudilar
07-17-2001, 08:46 PM
Hi, Everyone,
The ultrasound was done and .... we still don't know anything yet!!! They wouldn't tell me anything. They said that they would call my vet and inform her and then she will call me. I STILL haven't heard anything yet. This is driving me nuts!! I'm thinking that it must have been not too bad because they did not do an immediate biopsy or was it something so obvious that they could see what it was without a biopsy. (See, there I go, driving myself crazy with worry!) If it is nothing bad, why couldn't they just tell me not to worry. Oh well, they say no news is good news, so I'll believe that for the time being. Anyway, with all the prayers that have come our way, how can it be anything bad? Right? Right!! Ok, as soon as I know something (which had better be tomorrow), I will let you know.
Killian is doing fine. He is such a trooper. He went right along with the strange vet tech in that strange new animal hospital without a fuss. When we came to pick him up, I heard his familiar "talking bark" in the background. He was ready to go home. Now he's sleeping. He would not eat a thing again, though.
I'm glad this part is over. I really hope that we are through with this. (but somehow I doubt it.) I'll keep you posted.
Thank you all!! :)
Sue and Killian

Karen
07-17-2001, 08:58 PM
Don't worry just because they didn't tell you anything. Your vet knows Killian better than they do, is familiar with him pretty much inside and out, so would be better equipped to come to any conclusion about the Ultrasound than they would.

Be glad that Ultrasounds exist - the old alternative might have been just opening him up to explore - and having had an MRI that was deafeninly loud to me, I can't imagine a doggie going through one of those!

Pam
07-17-2001, 09:02 PM
Oh Sue.....the waiting!!! How I hate to wait for anything, let alone important news like this. We will wait right along with you and continue to wish and hope and pray for the best!

Cinder & Smoke
07-17-2001, 09:15 PM
Killian ~ Good Boy for behavin at the *strange* White Coat's Lab :).

Now ya otta eat sum of that special grub yer Mom keeps fixin for ya! Shiloh will get it iffin you don't! Ask yer Mom to give a few *skritchez* an *hugz* from us!

Daisy's Mom
07-18-2001, 12:52 AM
All fingers and paws are crossed for you, Killian! Way to go being a good boy!

jackiesdaisy1935
07-18-2001, 09:18 AM
Still thinking Good thoughts and prayers for Killian!

KYS
07-18-2001, 08:53 PM
Sue,

Did you find out about the test results yet?
Hugs to Killian and wishing the best.

Sudilar
07-18-2001, 09:07 PM
No news yet. How long does it take to get results??? I'm going to call my vet tomorrow and ask her to see if she can find out anything. This is torture!!

Sue

K9karen
07-18-2001, 09:33 PM
Even tho this message to you and Killi is late, doesn't mean that I don't think of you everyday! Hopefully if it was serious, they'd tell you immediately! I hope no news is good news! Poor, Sue, the waiting is the worse part! The Cody and I are praying that all turns out well. You're in our prayers!
xoxo

AdoreMyDogs
07-19-2001, 06:51 AM
Sue, I have not been posting much about Killian, I don't have much time to post anything anymore, but I just wanted to let you know that I still pray for the big fella. He's such a good boy. I do think no news is good news, and hope you get your good news today so you no longer have to worry.

-Leslie

RachelJ
07-19-2001, 12:39 PM
Same as what Leslie just said. Even though I don't post, I check in all the time to see what's going on with our buddy.

Sudilar
07-19-2001, 12:49 PM
Now we are playing phone tag. Tuesday the ultrasound Dr. called my vet but she wasn't in. Wednesday she called him and he was supposed to call her back. He didn't. Today she is trying to reach him again. Tag, you're it! :( Still waiting on pins and needles!!!

I know everyone is thinking of us and I really appreciate all the prayers sent our way. Thank you all a million times! :) :) :)

Sue

tatsxxx11
07-19-2001, 03:05 PM
Sue, I can only hope that had there been anything seriously "wrong" found on the ultrasound, that the Dr. would have called back immediately. Of course, we are hoping and praying for the best. I hope you receive word soon, and get some welcome relief from the stress of waiting. We love you, Killi; hugs and kisses to you sweet boy.

Corinna
07-20-2001, 12:53 AM
I know how frustrating it is for Dr.s to play tag we waited a week for a second biopsy report on my husband's cancer it really made me mad. I too don't post alot but I do check and we keep you in our thoughts.

Sudilar
07-20-2001, 09:10 AM
Oh, Corinna, how horrible to wait for a week for a biopsy report. I hope everything was ok. It must have been torture for you.

NO NEWS YET!!My vet called the u/s doc three times yesterday and still no return call! How frustrating. But, I still believe that if it were something bad, we would have been sure to hear by now!!

Sue

Corinna
07-20-2001, 09:31 AM
It turned out ok after major surgry to remove the cancer in his neck and left shoulder. Ok meaning hes alive and still able to help raise our kids. just lost full use of left arm. 6years now and no returns, please I can't stress enough if you have birthmarks,moles, or unusual colored pathes get to a dr if any changes happen. His was a birthmark on his forehead.Traveled down lymph system to shoulder in 2 months.
We are praying had for killi and his results we understand the wait is hard,but as said before if it was bad you'd know w very quickly. I just hope you don't have to spend the weekend waiting.

Sudilar
07-20-2001, 09:51 AM
I will pray for your hubby's continued health. That is so terrifying. My heart goes out to your family.
Sue

jackiesdaisy1935
07-20-2001, 11:23 AM
Corinna, I hope your husband is doing well, you are right check with the Doctor if you have any unusual moles etc.

Sue, I do believe if it was anything critical they would have called you back right away, this looks like a good sign, although frustrating waiting for an answer.

Sudilar
07-20-2001, 11:29 AM
I agree. Can't be that bad (I hope), they didn't do a biopsy....

tatsxxx11
07-20-2001, 04:08 PM
Corinna, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your husband. I am so glad that there was been no reoccurence for some years now. And thanks for the reminder.

Sue, We have to believe and hope, that no news is good news. I too hope that you won't be put through the torture of waiting all weekend without a reply. All our love, Sandra, Cody and Star

Sudilar
07-20-2001, 04:19 PM
Not good news. They couldn't do a biopsy. Very complicated problems. Doctors both said it is very unusual (of course). Probably unfixable. As soon as I can compose myself, my thoughts and what I've been told, I will report in complete detail. Maybe someone out there may have some information. Maybe you could tell me if my decision on the options is what you would do. We really don't know anything FOR SURE and we problably never will. I've been on the phone with my vet (she is wonderful) for about 45 minutes or longer. Will get back under a new topic as soon as I can. Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes.
Sue

Cinder & Smoke
07-20-2001, 04:45 PM
:( Oh, Sue ~ So sorry to hear the news wasn't what you needed to hear..

Take a moment and give Killian and Shiloh a really Great BIG Hug! Cinder and Smokey want to pass along a soothing *schlurrrp*. We've still got the fingers, klaws and paws crossed hoping for a change for the better!

jackiesdaisy1935
07-20-2001, 05:01 PM
I was hoping the news would be good, will be waiting to hear from you. A hug for Killi and Shiloh, we send our love and prayers for Killi.

lizbud
07-20-2001, 06:20 PM
Sue.... I am so very sorry!!
YOU, KILLIAN and SHILOH will stay in
my prayers. Liz.

Pam
07-20-2001, 07:03 PM
Sue...I am so sorry that the news isn't good. You take all the time you need to let us know what the vet said. Right now you need to spend time with Killi and think. We'll be here waiting and hoping there's been some mistake or something they missed which changes the scenario. Chin up.

TheAntiPam
07-20-2001, 07:53 PM
Sue, when our pets are sick it is so hard to your brain filled up with all the medical information, and still not know what to do. :confused: Even though some of our vets try their best to explain things, we are still left with knowing our beloved pet is sick and we are stuck having to decide things we don't understand very well. :mad:

I'm sure sorry it took so long to get your reports, and that the news was so difficult. Killian was such a trouper to go through all that medical stuff with such good behavior. And you are a great mom to get the best information to help your baby Killian!

More prayers for Killian and for you, Sue! And for Shiloh too, who probably wants Killian back to being a good buddy and wants Mom to be done with being sad.

[ July 20, 2001: Message edited by: TheAntiPam ]

Corinna
07-20-2001, 08:31 PM
So sorry to hear it's a confusing diagnoses, but please try a second opinon. We were told my hubby had 6 months and we demanded a 2nd and this guy called our dr. and told him how to remove it.
Also do you have a vet. collage around close by the some times have clinically trials for animals just as for humans.
Remeber the internet has so much info. when you gather the medical terms togeather. use it after all it was started by scentists for research communications. If I can help, no if we can help he on pet talk let us know. Give us the terms of his condition and we can check all of our sources. Many hands make light work of big jobs. We all care!!

Cinder & Smoke
07-20-2001, 09:43 PM
Attention all Killian Well-Wishers ~

See Sue's new posting at Killian / Liver Disease ? (http://PetoftheDay.com/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=000140) for an update on his symptoms and diagnosis.

As always, some crossed Klaws and Paws would be appreciated by Killian and a few Prayers will certainly help!

Let's all keep Sue and Killian in our :) thoughts!