PDA

View Full Version : Thursday # 25 - Can't we all just get along??

RICHARD
10-21-2003, 02:30 PM
This is the Rodney King/CWAJGA special Thursday edition.

I reserve the right to do a Gini on this thread.

No name calling, no hassling, no BS -no kidding.

Freaking nerves have been frayed and I think we all need a moment to decompress....

I'll pull the pin on this sucker should things get out of hand and I will name the publicly name the culprit- no stupid gag orders or Nancy Grace BS this week......

It's a full tilt special Thursday's -COMING RIGHT AT YA!!!

Since we are done lobbing bombs at each other, it's time to absorb some personal damage....

the DOTD is an

A-Bomb

Equal parts: Kahlua, Baileys, Vodka & Tia Maria

Stir over ice & strain into pony or chilled cocktail glass

Check you 'cattitudes' at the door......I'm not in the mood this week;)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-21-2003, 02:43 PM
:confused: Once again I'm lost in a fog. I thought we WERE getting a long. Oh, well. Can I have an iced tea with a lime and 4 catnip teas, please.:eek:

2kitties
10-21-2003, 02:44 PM
I'll have one of those A-bombs with a cosmo chaser. And whatcha got for munchies?

RICHARD
10-21-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
:confused: Once again I'm lost in a fog. I thought we WERE getting a long. Oh, well. Can I have an iced tea with a lime and 4 catnip teas, please.:eek:

I had to come up with a theme this week.....Mr king WAS ONCE AGAIN arrested...for punching his GF THIS TIME, sometimes i wonder if he wasn't struck enough times.....

MOFF,

Ice T w/lime and 4 CN teas.....Would the boys like a glass or saucer?????:D

2K,

Nuclear destruction for you!
DONE!!!

Whatcha hungry for?????

Soledad
10-21-2003, 02:50 PM
Don't you have any Maletov Cocktails back there???

RICHARD
10-21-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Soledad
Don't you have any Maletov Cocktails back there???

The thought of gas filled bottles doesn't appeal to me at the moment (molotov)....

Can you say Great White?

Soledad
10-21-2003, 03:05 PM
Fine. I guess I'll just take a regular ole a-bomb, then. Sheesh....

RICHARD
10-21-2003, 03:11 PM
Fine. I guess I'll just take a regular ole a-bomb, then. Sheesh....

I told you......

One Nuclear Fission Blast.

Done!!!

robinh
10-21-2003, 03:11 PM
Give me an A-Bomb, too. It's been a long week even though it is only Tuesday.

Well, I'll be heading west on Friday. Going to California for a couple of days to take care of family business. One of those whirlwind trips that leave me totally exhausted (out on Friday-back on Sunday).

Hope you guys keep the weather nice until I can get there and enjoy some of it.

Have we decided on munchies yet? Don't know what I want to eat - it's one more decision I don't want to make today. Last week everyone came up with great ideas, so I was holding out to see what was the FOD (food of the day).

2kitties
10-21-2003, 03:22 PM
Maybe sushi? Some tuna maki would be yummy.

Soledad
10-21-2003, 03:27 PM
Yummmmmm....sushiiiiiiii.

I'll take some california rolls with double avocado and no roe. Extra wasabi, please! :)

RICHARD
10-21-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by robinh
Give me an A-Bomb, too. It's been a long week even though it is only Tuesday.

Hope you guys keep the weather nice until I can get there and enjoy some of it.

105 in the areas around lost angeles!!!

Robin,
A bomb...
Done!

2k and soledad...

Sushi....DONE!

california rolls...ummmmm......

momoffuzzyfaces
10-21-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

MOFF,

Ice T w/lime and 4 CN teas.....Would the boys like a glass or saucer?????:D

Whatcha hungry for????? Better give them saucers. They dribble less that way. I'd like some hot onion rings too, please!:D

2kitties
10-21-2003, 03:38 PM
You know, since we're having sushi and A-bomb drinks, one could make the nuclear connection (hiroshima, nagasaki) and start a whole dog house thread on the merits of nuclear wars!!!:D Wouldn't that be a fun one!:eek:

Soledad
10-21-2003, 03:39 PM
:eek: :eek:

P.S. RICHARD - A california roll has crabmeat, cucumber, red pepper, avocado, sushi rice and then the seaweed wrapper. YUM.

Cataholic
10-21-2003, 03:39 PM
It has been a tough day at the Salties today....can I have a smooth mexican blend, with REAL creme, and a to-go order of six CN teas? In travel safe saucers, please.

catland
10-21-2003, 04:01 PM
I'd like an A-Bomb hold the fallout.

We still get home-made Baileys on Thursday, don't we?:rolleyes:

RICHARD
10-21-2003, 04:01 PM
Better give them saucers. They dribble less that way. I'd like some hot onion rings too, please!:D

Saucers and onion rings!!!

Done!

(give the little ones a hug for me??)

2K,

lol.......keep it up!!! I'll make you help me pour drinks!;)

Cat,
a smooth Mex blend, real cow and 6 CNT's, safe saucers, to go..

DONE!

There is a sushi joint by the horse track, forgive me i forgot the city, that has a sushi buffet....

the counter is about 150 feet long-they put out BLOCKS of wasabi that are about the size of a sheet of paper and about three inches high....

the name is TODAI.....

http://www.todai.com/pages/todai/abouttodai.htm

momoffuzzyfaces
10-21-2003, 04:09 PM
Saucers and onion rings!!!

Done!

(give the little ones a hug for me??)

To quote our favorite bar keep:
Done!:D

Logan
10-21-2003, 04:43 PM
I'm going to wait until Thursday or at least tomorrow, for my request. I stayed out of the fray, for once, so I'm not quite as anxious as some of you!

Helen and I, and a friend of hers, are getting ready to leave for a concert. We're going to the BiLo center, our local arena, to see Mercy Me and Michael W. Smith. For those of you who don't know, Mercy Me, is a Christian Rock band. Their most "famous" song, in my opinion, is "I Can Only Imagine", and it is played on contemporary stations here all the time, not just the Christian radio. Michael W. Smith is an ever popular Christian artist and songwriter as well. I think it will be great and the girls are excited too. It was intended to be part of my birthday present, and the tickets were purchased before we realized that Scott would be out of the country when it occured!! :o

Have a great Tuesday evening, folks. I'll see you on Thursday for my happy hour! ;)

mugsy
10-21-2003, 04:50 PM
It's been a long week already and it's only Tuesday, so I think I would like another Mexican Coffee, but, I would REALLY like to know what the heck is going on, but, alas, I guess I will never know.:p

momoffuzzyfaces
10-21-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
It's been a long week already and it's only Tuesday, so I think I would like another Mexican Coffee, but, I would REALLY like to know what the heck is going on, but, alas, I guess I will never know.:p Gosh, I seldom know what's going on either but I don't let that stop me from giving my opinion. Sometimes I think it's best not to know.:D

popcornbird
10-21-2003, 05:03 PM
Can't we all get along? I'll get along with everyone........but with Richard? Uh uh...........*shakes head* NO WAY! NEVER!
*vows to never get along with Richard*
:p:p:p

:D

RICHARD
10-21-2003, 05:15 PM
logan,

have fun and be careful (as if i need to tell you that!)

Done!

Catland,

the bomb, no fall out!!

home made bailey's in the drink!

Done!

MOFF,
THanks!!

MUGS,

A cup of Hot Mex.....

Popcornbird,

Remember, when you really need to dislike someone,
I won't be there for you.....

Soledad
10-21-2003, 05:19 PM
RICHARD, that restaurant looks like a dream!! Soooooo jealous of your proximity to it.

popcornbird
10-21-2003, 05:20 PM

Popcornbird,

Remember, when you really need to dislike someone,
I won't be there for you.....

That's cause.....that someone will be YOU! :D:D

Tee hee hee hee! :D:D:D

Can't ya take a joke? :p

Soledad! HELP! LOL

Soledad
10-21-2003, 05:27 PM
Leave me out of this, girl!:p

popcornbird
10-21-2003, 05:33 PM
Leave me out of this, girl!:p

RICHARD
10-21-2003, 05:45 PM
RICHARD, that restaurant looks like a dream!! Soooooo jealous of your proximity to it.

They are expanding....check out the location map on the site....
there is something oddly profound about 150 feet of raw fish.....apologies to the non-fish people stopping in...

PCB,
don't worry....

catland
10-21-2003, 06:02 PM
We have a Todai here in Portland. On your birthday your dinner is free:D I don't know if I'd call the food high quality, but it is ok quality, especially when you can get two for the price of one with the birthday special.

I just love all the little bite-sized desserts.

RICHARD
10-21-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by catland
We have a Todai here in Portland. On your birthday your dinner is free:D I don't know if I'd call the food high quality, but it is ok quality, especially when you can get two for the price of one with the birthday special.

I just love all the little bite-sized desserts.

lol- it's assembly line sushi.....
but remember you are dealing with a man doing an ALL YOU CAN EAT restaurant review........

If it ain't got mold on it, it's edible!

catland
10-21-2003, 06:07 PM
I didn't say that I went home hungry;)

The problem with all-you-can-eat is in accepting the challenge to see just how much you really can eat.:eek: :p

Miss Meow
10-21-2003, 06:11 PM
I love Japanese food; it's so clean and healthy and looks beautiful.

I'll start with a couple of California rolls (do you have those in California??? :)) a big dollop of wasabe, and some tempura vegetables yum yum!

And a Japanese beer if you have one, sir!

I like today's Odd Spot - hide your cabbages!
Police in Yalta, Ukraine, have arrested a man caught with a gun and a cabbage he intended to use as a silencer. "Our officers just shrugged their shoulders, smiling, as they've never seen cabbage used as a silencer before," a police spokeswoman said.

RICHARD
10-21-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
I love Japanese food; it's so clean and healthy and looks beautiful.

I'll start with a couple of California rolls (do you have those in California??? :)) a big dollop of wasabe, and some tempura vegetables yum yum!

And a Japanese beer if you have one, sir!

I like today's Odd Spot - hide your cabbages!
Police in Yalta, Ukraine, have arrested a man caught with a gun and a cabbage he intended to use as a silencer. "Our officers just shrugged their shoulders, smiling, as they've never seen cabbage used as a silencer before," a police spokeswoman said.

california rolls in california???
as absurd as that sounds...;)
It's like Baked Alaska!!

lol,

I take the cabbage story two ways......
as a silencer you get coleslaw.....

as a cabbage you get gas.....no silence.

CA rolls, tempura veggies and wasabe....
Ice cold Sapporo beer!

Done!!

Catland,

lol, that makes me think about getting some wheel barrows and shuttling people to the parking lot....valet sevice???

joycenalex
10-21-2003, 08:55 PM
may i please have a tall coke, with ice and lime please. it's already been a long week.....alex the wonder dog was at the ohio state vet hospital for the last 3 days with pneumonia. honestly he was one sick puppy, and it broke my heart to leave him there for 2 nights. the cats missed him big time too.

Logan
10-21-2003, 11:08 PM
Oh, Joyce, I had no idea that Alex had been sick!!!!! I hope he is much better now!! You deserve doubles of everything, and a special treat for Alex! Does he like sushi??? :)

Logan
10-21-2003, 11:09 PM
By the way, Richard, I was very, very careful, and we had a marvelous, uplifting time at the concert tonight!! :) It was magnificent!!!! :)

gini
10-22-2003, 12:19 AM
Well, you know, I have been here all day because I pounded on Richard's door in another thread.

Now he has me making sushi! Man, can he ever bark out the orders.....GINI - CALIFORNIA ROLLS, AHI TUNA, WASABE ON THE SIDE....PRONTO! I have never worked this hard in my life. Don't you people ever eat at home?

Uh, this fish is fresh right now, but I suuuurrrreee wouldn't order anything with fish on Thursday.

Alright, I will have an iced tea - yes, with lemon and one sugar, please

(yeah, right)

trayi52
10-22-2003, 12:32 AM
By the way I love pina coladas.

lbaker
10-22-2003, 06:57 AM
A-Bomb sounds really good but it's too early right now for me, how about one of my Bloody's - I'll even make it (see what I get for living on the East Coast? Always have to re-open the next day) ;) Later on, however, a bomber and SUSHI! My favorite is Teka-Maki and of course extra wasabe. Hmmm, maybe I'll try some wasabe in my Bloody instead of horseradish! I'll let you guys know how it works :D

robinh
10-22-2003, 07:58 AM
105 - wow, I only wanted nice not hot. Must be all that concrete keeping the temps up. Where my sister lives, there is very little grass.

I'm gonna have to unpack summer clothes to take with me. Don't need them in Iowa so I put them away.

lbaker
10-22-2003, 08:36 AM
Not everyone likes raw fish (can you imagine :eek: ) so what if I whip up some Yakitori - chicken on a skewer - I have a nice marinade of Japanese sweet rice wine and sesame oil to put on it. Maybe some spring rolls as well. We can just nibble away instead of one big heavy meal :) I was thinking of Crispy shredded duck & noodle salad but didn't want to upset Nibbles, a nice little duck from another thread ;)

2kitties
10-22-2003, 09:09 AM
I tossed back the A-bomb fairly quickly, Richard. Can I get some saki please:) I need it. I'm getting myself in trouble over in the "be nice" thread.

Cataholic
10-22-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by 2kitties
I tossed back the A-bomb fairly quickly, Richard. Can I get some saki please:) I need it. I'm getting myself in trouble over in the "be nice" thread.

What Be Nice thread? How could someone as nice as me miss it? Must zoom over there now...no point in hanging here when our trusty bar keep is still sleeping off last night's sake!

CathyBogart
10-22-2003, 10:12 AM
Lemonade please. I worked an 11 hour shift yesterday and I'm fried...

emily_the_spoiled
10-22-2003, 10:22 AM
It is just about lunch time here on the East Coast, so I definitely want an order of sushi for myself (salmon California rolls) and a couple of small ones for "the gang" ... yes they have tried sushi and they LOVE the raw fish ;)

But it has been one of those weeks, after talking with the lawyers yesterday (sorry Cataholic) I definitely need at least one A-bomb, maybe two.

lbaker
10-22-2003, 10:42 AM
I'm getting some change for the juke-box but NO KARAOKE requests, puleeeese! Nor do I want to hear requests for The Good Ship Lollypop :rolleyes: ;) That A-bomb is a keeper, wow.. good stuff. Good sushi Gini, thanks for going to all the trouble

robinh
10-22-2003, 11:36 AM
Barkeep, another A-Bomb please! I'm thirsty. Who cares if I don't make sense this afternoon - certainly not me.

Do we have a barkeep right now?

I'm not much for raw fish, but the Yakitori and spring rolls sound wonderful.

As for music - no KARAOKE - please!

RICHARD
10-22-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by robinh
Barkeep, another A-Bomb please! I'm thirsty. Who cares if I don't make sense this afternoon - certainly not me.

Do we have a barkeep right now?

I'm not much for raw fish, but the Yakitori and spring rolls sound wonderful.

As for music - no KARAOKE - please!

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE....

we have our accreditation people coming in a week and a half so i am going to have to make this a "mass mixing", I am sorry I cannot give you each the personalized service that you are all used to....:(

A bombs, sushi, bloody marys and a pina colada...
Ice tea, lemonade and MUSIC!!!!

lol,

Isn't Gini the cutest little sushi maker you have ever seen????

Wait until she slips into her 'Geisha Girl' mode!!!!:D

DONE!+

see you all later!!!

I like karoake..;)

and Laurie.....it's only 10 a.m. and I am hungry....thanks!!:p

catland
10-22-2003, 12:48 PM
Don't worry Richard, we'll sneak behind the bar and fix our own drinks since you are busy. But please leave the barternder's manual - I can't remember all of the drink combinations:eek:

Joke time:
You are one of *two* people on a malfunctioning airplane with only one parachute. How would you react?

Bureaucrat: you order them to conduct a feasibility study on parachute use in multi-engine aircraft under code red conditions.

Lawyer: you charge one parachute for helping them sue the airline.

Internal Revenue Service: you confiscate the parachute along with their luggage, wallet, and gold fillings.

Economics: you plot a demand curve by asking them, at regular intervals, how much they would pay for a parachute.

Psychoanalysis: you ask them what the shape of a parachute reminds them of.

Republican: as you jump out with the parachute, you tell them to work hard and not expect handouts.

Democrat: you ask them for a dollar to buy scissors so you can cut the parachute into two equal pieces.

Libertarian: after reminding them of their constitutional right to have a parachute, you take it and jump out.

Sports Fan: you start betting on how long it will take to crash.

Association of Tobacco Growers: you explain very patiently that despite a number of remarkable coincidences, studies have shown no link whatsoever between airplane crashes and death.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-22-2003, 12:52 PM
I'll take one of those A-bombs Richard! Sounds wonderful...except...I've got a final this evening and somehow I think I should save the A-bomb for after the final. ;) :D

Oh, and in reference to another thread....I find sushi offensive. No really, I do! I think it's gross - eating raw fish, who ever heard of such a thing! 'Course I don't like fish even if it's cooked so my opinion might be a little biased. ;) :D And even better yet, since I don't want any, that leaves that much more for you guys! :D

Speaking of lunch....

Oh, and I got these in an email and I've been saving them so here goes....hope no one is offended....

1. Two peanuts walk into a bar. One was a salted.

2. A jumper cable walks into a bar. The barman says "I'll serve you, but don't start anything."

momoffuzzyfaces
10-22-2003, 02:05 PM
Could I have a cherry vanilla coke and a cheese pizza without offending anyone?

Soledad
10-22-2003, 02:07 PM
*Snort*

lbaker
10-22-2003, 02:14 PM
Some musicians from the 60's have re-released some of their old hits... at the risk of offending other oldster's for making fun - or youngster's for not knowing who in the [heck] these musicians even ARE, I'll start the juke-box with some of these:

Ringo Starr - "I Get By With A Little Help From Depends"

Marvin Gaye - "I Heard It Through The Grape Nuts"

Procol Harem - "A Whiter Shade Of Hair"

Johnny Nash - "I Can't See Clearly Now"

Leo Sayer - "You Make Me Feel Like Napping"

ABBA - "Denture Queen"

slick
10-22-2003, 02:15 PM
OK, so I come back after a few days off work and here you all are "bombed" and stuffing yourselves with Japanese food!!!

WAIT FOR ME..........

I love love love sushi so I'll take anything. I'm saving my pennies up for the next CA PT meeting next July, so I'll definitely be there. Do you think we could all take a trip to that Sodai Rest when I'm down there???

No booze for me please. I'm officially on holidays this week, but had to come in for a meeting which takes place in a hour.

RICHARD
10-22-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by slick

No booze for me please. I'm officially on holidays this week, but had to come in for a meeting which takes place in a hour.

LOL,

Holiday? what the heck is that?

we can go to todai next year!!!!

laurie,

here are some quarters....

T&P,

You can have your a-bomb later!!!

Did you have an aquarium when you were a kid???
THAT can kill the desire for fish when you get older!
:eek:

soledad,

I like you more when you *snort* like that....

slick
10-22-2003, 02:55 PM

soledad,

I like you more when you *snort* like that....

I'm glad I'm not the only one who snorts :D :D I've been told that I snort in my sleep, but I've never heard myself......

lbaker
10-22-2003, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the quarters Richard, here's my next batch (3 for a $??)

Commodores - "Once, Twice, Three Times To The Bathroom"

Rolling Stones - "You Can't Always Pee When You Want"

Bobby Darin - "Splish! , Splash, I Was Havin' A Flash"

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-22-2003, 03:18 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who snorts :D :D I've been told that I snort in my sleep, but I've never heard myself......

I bet you've experienced snorp-to-conciousness. A word which is best described by the visual - you are falling asleep in front of the TV, just starting to snore, when your subconciously hear yourself starting to snore and...well....snorp-to-conciousness. :D In other words you wake yourself up with one last snort which was really supposed to be a snore before it was so rudely interrupted. :D

Laurie. :D :D Those are great! :D :D

Richard, yes, we had an aquarium, but I actually think it has to do with the fact that my dad was an avid fisherman. I still to this day cannot put a worm on a hook, or touch a slimy fish to take it off the hook. And I've seen way too many of them cleaned....won't even go into details about that.....eeeewwww.

Can I just have a teensy taste of the A-Bomb to help my brain soak up all this school stuff I'm trying to cram into it? :eek:

Oh, and MOFF, I'm offended because <whine> that sounds way too good and I want some too.

Randi
10-22-2003, 03:36 PM
Good grief!! :eek: John says I'm snoring too - only after a bottle of wine though!

Now I come think of it, I need a B52 with my coffee - no need for Charlie at this hour - and Fister would LOVE a large selection of sushi - if possible. :D If that's not available, some raw liver will do. ;)

Lbaker, your new titles are hilarious! :D

2kitties
10-22-2003, 03:41 PM
I snore- and I've done the snort to consciousness thing. Also, I've been known to drool.

Hey, Rocky and Taz want to know if ya'll got any Catsip up in this place?

momoffuzzyfaces
10-22-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

Oh, and MOFF, I'm offended because <whine> that sounds way too good and I want some too. I'll gladly share. I'm still waiting for it though. Our bar keep is busy and forgot me.
Now it's Connie's turn to whine!:D

catland
10-22-2003, 03:54 PM
Let me pitch in

Mo-Mo - one CVC and cheez whiz, I mean pizza - DONE

2k - catsip for you, anytime. DONE

Randi - B52 - the drink, not the group, and sushi for Fister, DONE and DONE

t&p - A Sip of an A-Bomb - we don't want to destroy too many brain cells. DONE

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-22-2003, 04:02 PM
t&p - A Sip of an A-Bomb - we don't want to destroy too many brain cells. DONE

Aaaah....thanks, I needed that. :D

3. A sandwich walks into a bar. The barman says, "Sorry we don't serve food in here."

Randi
10-22-2003, 04:02 PM
Ahhh, thanks! We're both happy! :D Now, I can go and rest my head on Fister's tummy - the perfect earwarmer! :) Is it getting chilly over there too? - or am I getting a cold. :confused:

I'll think of something for tomorrow to clear it up! ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-22-2003, 04:04 PM
THANKS CATLAND! I was getting right parched not to mention STARVED! Pizza with Cheez Whiz???? I may have to try that sometime.:D

Cincy'sMom
10-22-2003, 04:12 PM
Two guys walked into a bar. The third ducked.

A-Bomb please :) It is almost Thursday!!!!

slick
10-22-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom

ROFLMAO!!!! **snort** ** snort**

Debbie: I'm snorting at yours too!! :D :D :D

I love the short and sweets!!

Meeting over and I'm parched and hungry. BTW I won't be here tomorrow at all so you'll just have to behave without me.

Can I please have an A-bomb or H-bomb or whatever you are serving?? Mucho gracias.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-22-2003, 04:26 PM

OK, I'll admit it, I snorted at this one too. :D After I read it 3 or 4 times before I got it that is. :rolleyes: Guess there'll be no more A-Bomb tastings for me until after my test tonight. :rolleyes:

Cincy'sMom
10-22-2003, 04:36 PM
A rope walked into the bar. Bartender says "We don't serve ropes in here". Rope goes outside, ties himself up, undoes a few strings and goes back in.

Bartender says "Hey, aren't you that rope? I told you, we don't serve rope here!"

Rope says, "Nope, I'm a frayed knot!"

slick
10-22-2003, 04:48 PM
A pony walks into a bar and says "Bartender, may I have a drink?"

Bartender says "What? I can't hear you. Speak up!"

"May I please have a drink?"

"What? You have to speak up!"

"Could I please have a drink?"

"Now listen, if you don't speak up I will not serve you."

"I'm sorry, I'm just a little hoarse."

iceyshiver21
10-22-2003, 05:07 PM
Hey all! Is it thursday yet?? Nope.. guess not. Well...It was my sweet 16 yesterday...any drink back there for me??

catland
10-22-2003, 05:25 PM
Ice - congratulations and happy belated birthday!

Is it getting cold back there yet? Would a hot cocoa be appropriate?:)

Slick, if you promise not to snort into your drink, I'll serve you up an A-bomb - extra radioactive.

T&P - you're cut off.:p

Edwina's Secretary
10-22-2003, 05:46 PM
One more tune for the jukebox....

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy>>>

Logan
10-22-2003, 06:04 PM
OMG!!! My child thinks I have flipped my lid for sure........I am dying laughing at the jokes!!!! :D

babolaypo65
10-22-2003, 06:41 PM
I've been gone for a week. It's been... interesting while I've been gone.

A-bomb please!

catland
10-22-2003, 06:50 PM
BB65 - you're just in time, I'm off in 10 minutes. DONE.

thanks everyone for all the silly jokes - hopefully your regular bartender will be able to be back tomorrow. Thank-you for your patience, the music and the sushi.:D

(don't forget the tip jar on the way out;) )

RICHARD
10-22-2003, 07:21 PM
BB65 - you're just in time, I'm off in 10 minutes. DONE.

thanks everyone for all the silly jokes - hopefully your regular bartender will be able to be back tomorrow. Thank-you for your patience, the music and the sushi.:D

(don't forget the tip jar on the way out;) )

wow, thanks to everyone who pitched in today with drinks, jokes and visits...hopefully i'll have a bit more time to 'tend' tomorrow.....

we still have a thursday to go!!!!

luckies4me
10-22-2003, 07:48 PM
What exactly do I have to do to join? :confused: :D :p

May I request a shot of Jack? or two?

How bout a Girls Night Out? Anyone ever had one of those? They are REALLY good! Oh and for my snack, hows about a huge plate of calamari. YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luckies4me
10-22-2003, 07:50 PM
But um ya, I'm completely clueless as to what's going on. I know though that it was mentioned that no one is ever turned away, so here I am, and well, now your stuck with me!

RICHARD
10-22-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
But um ya, I'm completely clueless as to what's going on. I know though that it was mentioned that no one is ever turned away, so here I am, and well, now your stuck with me!

Welcome,

we do not get stuck with anyone because everyone is welcome!

I have to run so I'll serve you a Jack and we can continue tomorrow.

luckies4me
10-22-2003, 08:10 PM
Great! Thanks! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-22-2003, 09:13 PM
I have to run so I'll serve you a Jack and we can continue tomorrow.

Hey, wait!!! I'm done with my test and ready for a full blown A-Bomb!!! Come back........

Oh well, I've got some wine I got at the Amana Colonies two weeks ago so I guess that'll have to suffice until the barkeep gets back tomorrow.

You know, I realized why I like this place. There are no attitudes. Everyone is welcome and everyone has a good time.

Cass, enjoy your Jack - never touch the stuff myself, too many bad tales to tell when Jack was involved.....

I gotta go, Tubby's going downstairs to eat, maybe I can finally get a video of him yowling....

See you all tomorrow...oh, and I don't think I did too bad on the test...can't wait for the A-bomb tomorrow....

lbaker
10-23-2003, 08:00 AM
No sushi today... wasn't it written in Poor Richard's Almanac (no relation, maybe both poor and certainly both witty and clever but still...) written that company & fish tend to stink after 3 days. I'll whip up some more Japanese appetizers for starters and we can take it from there. Gini's recipe for Cornish Pasties sounded good but perhaps now is neither the time nor place :rolleyes: I first heard of Cornish Pasties in "The Cat Who..." series. Love those books! By the way Sara "Bottle in front of me instead of a frontal lobotomy"... was that not Tom Waites? My buddy?

KYS
10-23-2003, 09:24 AM
Oh my goodness, You guys started Thursday early.
I only read the last 4 posts....

Let's see, if the bar is still open I will take
cold Strawberri Margarita, and anything else
you want me to try that is not to hard.
(I like my drinks sweet) :)

Karen

Randi
10-23-2003, 09:47 AM
After my second session with the physiotherapeut and all the fancy machines, I would love a large freshly squeesed orange juice, please - I'm feeling so healthy! :D .... I have to share his surname with you all: Goldfinger!! :cool:

Vio&Juni
10-23-2003, 09:50 AM
Sake for me - I'll celebrate getting Internet at the office finally!

A propos, about snoring, I don't snore, I groan. My sister doesn't find it funny anymore. Sometimes, when I am really tired, as I close my eyes, I can hear myself :D immediately.

catland
10-23-2003, 10:36 AM
Richard usually doesn't check in for an hour or so, but I made an extra key to open the bar.

L4me - we'll see if lbaker has any squid in her potpouri of seafood for your calamari.

T&P - here's your A-Bomb - enjoy.

KYS - one Strawberry Margarita - extra sweet.

Randi - OJ - freshly squeezed - what are you doing getting all healthy on us?

V&J - Sake.

DONE

lbaker
10-23-2003, 10:43 AM
L4me, you pull that slippery little sucker [pun intended] out of the tank for me and I'll cook it up for you. Lots of garlic & butter or just a bit of olive oil? Orrrrr, I have some tempura dip stuff - that could be tasty. How about a calamari surprise? Catland, my extra key opens the kitchen and Gini has one too. How many extra keys did that man have made anyway?

RICHARD
10-23-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by lbaker
How many extra keys did that man have made
anyway?

lol! when i sold my truck I had about 7 keys hidden all over the planet.......I sold the truck about 5 months ago.......and am still finding keys...

good morning everyone,

let me get more work done.......I expect a surge in the crowd today:eek:

thanks to all that 'keep the place running' while i work!

Also, the scientific and medical views posted on this thread are not that of mamangement!

Only Eddie hears me snore....and he does not complain!

gini
10-23-2003, 11:37 AM
This is just to let you know that we are completely OUT of sushi, and it is only Thursday early AM here.

Now I could whip up a batch of Cornish Pasties, but I don't want to be thrown out of the bar and out of PT, so I won't.

This is going to be a really good Thursday - lots of new customers.
Wait until they find out how much fun we have.

Could someone help me out in the kitchen later? I really made a mess with all of that rice and fish.

L4me - I attend a regular Ladie's Night Out. We have a local restaurant that we frequent and when we arrive they always say GOOD EVENING LAAAAADDDDIIIIEEES. (our reputation precedes us).

Cataholic
10-23-2003, 11:41 AM
Re: snoring.....see, I was going to comment that no one hears me snore, as I sleep alone, but, then, thought, "is that offensive"? So, I decided not to post it.:D

Some of those jokes were sad, but, hugely funny. I am going to borrow one of Soledad's snorts...

*snort*

Now, give me something to ease the hangover from the red wine last night!

popcornbird
10-23-2003, 11:43 AM
Sushi? You folks like sushi? :p I've never tried it........nor will I ever........I can't stand the thought of eating raw fish! :eek:

But what's an A-bomb? I don't like A-bombs you know. They're evil, destructive, murderous. Hate them more than the world.

Now aside from that, I'm completely alcohol free, will never touch anything with alcohol, nothing...........so may I ask. Do you folks sell some nice fruit smoothies? If so, I'd like a nice and cold banana blueberry. :p

2kitties
10-23-2003, 11:44 AM
hey Richard, I'm in a fairly good mood today, and it's almost lunch time here in the midwest. So, I think I'll buy a round for everyone. Got any good stuff? Dom or Crystal anyone???

lbaker
10-23-2003, 11:49 AM
Cataholic, that red wine will do it to me every time... shoulda tried one of da bombs, they're grrrrrrrrreAT. Have some of my appetizers but stay away from the calimari, not so good with a queezy tummy. Hey Pop, I'm sure we have an un-tainted blender around here and I used to make a wicked (in a non-alcohol, tasty way) smoothy for my kids and me awhile back. Allow me. 2Kitties, someone had some fresh squoozed orange juice around here earlier and Gini alllllways has a bottle of champagne stashed, care for a Mimosa?

RICHARD
10-23-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by gini

L4me - I attend a regular Ladie's Night Out. We have a local restaurant that we frequent and when we arrive they always say GOOD EVENING LAAAAADDDDIIIIEEES. (our reputation precedes us).

No wonder,
I kinda take a shine to a women with pasties....

chicken, of course!

The SADDEST jokes are the ones told whe you forget the punchline, your audience stares and stares.

Gini, let me put my apron on......since i am working today..

luckies4me
10-23-2003, 12:06 PM
L4me, you pull that slippery little sucker [pun intended] out of the tank for me and I'll cook it up for you. Lots of garlic & butter or just a bit of olive oil? Orrrrr, I have some tempura dip stuff - that could be tasty. How about a calamari surprise? Catland, my extra key opens the kitchen and Gini has one too. How many extra keys did that man have made anyway?

Yes olive oil, butter, garlic and just a tad of oregano please. What about some cream cheese/artichoke dip?!!! :D

And Richard, can you throw a strawberry daquiri in there for me as well. Thanks!

wolflady
10-23-2003, 12:17 PM
Could someone help me out in the kitchen later? I really made a mess with all of that rice and fish...

You can count on me to help you out in the kitchen! ;) Did you ever drink that wine I left in your refrigerator? :D It would really go well with fish...

I'm late once again to Thursdays! Sheesh! Serve me up one of those A-bombs Richard! In fact, make it two and wish me good luck! I had a phone interview yesterday and I feel like it went pretty good. Hopefully I will get a call-back at the beginning of next week for a face-to-face. This job was a really good fit for me and I would love the opportunity to get back into the computer industry full time! Working part-time/temp and being on unemployment is just driving me crazy these days!

I brought some artichoke/spinach/crab cheese dip for everyone! It's one of my specialties! Let's have an artichoke dip tasting! L4me brought some too! :) Richard, see if there is some crunchy sourdough bread back there!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-23-2003, 12:19 PM
My cats would like a refil on their catnip teas, please. I would like a hugh iced tea with lime and some white chocolate covered pretzels too. Thanks in advance!:D

gini
10-23-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
What about some cream cheese/artichoke dip?!!! :D

Oh, how do you make that? It sounds good!

Ice cold - good quality champagne? Did I hear a request?
Do you hear the cork popping?

Arrgg, the phone is ringing. This working for a living is going to kill me.

gini
10-23-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
You can count on me to help you out in the kitchen! ;) Did you ever drink that wine I left in your refrigerator? :D It would really go well with fish...

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN??? No, I am saving your wine.......I thought it should be shared with you. It is on its side - resting - and hoping next July you can come down again.

Thanks for all of the help in the kitchen.

Logan
10-23-2003, 12:24 PM
artichoke/spinach/crab cheese dip

Karen, I think the recipe thread must be revived for this one!! It sounds delicious!!! :) I'll have some of that and a glass of water with a slice of lemon, please. Aren't I easy, Richard??? :)

luckies4me
10-23-2003, 12:28 PM
Oh, how do you make that? It sounds good!

Oh my! You almost made me fall off my chair! :D

And you know, come to think of it, I have absolutely no idea how you make it LOL, but I do know it tastes good! :p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-23-2003, 12:28 PM
MMMM...artichoke dip, one of my favorites! Give me a nice big scoop of that please. And I'm still working on the coke I brought with me this morning, so I'll stick with that for the time being - too much wine last night celebrating the end of my test. :o :rolleyes:

However, the insurance auditor is on his way here, so I'll definitely need something stronger this afternoon! :eek:

:D I know what you mean, Gini, I know what you mean.....

luckies4me
10-23-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by wolflady

I brought some artichoke/spinach/crab cheese dip for everyone! It's one of my specialties! Let's have an artichoke dip tasting! L4me brought some too! :) Richard, see if there is some crunchy sourdough bread back there!

Great minds think alike! However, you beat me to the bread! Hey, I'm still tired you know, and with this darn cold my minds not exactly up to par.

luckies4me
10-23-2003, 12:36 PM
You know what I think is cute? How everyone calls me L4me. hehe :D

Oh yes, can you serve something to my darling significant other? He would like a Black Butte Porter, he feels left out. :D

Edwina's Secretary
10-23-2003, 12:37 PM
Aren't I easy Logan...normally I would make a joke here about "written on the washroom wall", but in the spirit of the New PT I'll pass on that. Laurie...don't know the source but it is a favorite Country and Western song :D :D

In the Upper Peninsula of Michigan -- called the UP -- Pasties are a very common fast food! The area was settled by Welsh Miners.

Don't we have a Uper on to speak to pasties????

luckies4me
10-23-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary

In the Upper Peninsula of Michigan -- called the UP -- Pasties are a very common fast food! The area was settled by Welsh Miners.

:eek: Darn, I'll keep my mouth shut this time! Edibles? hahahaha
Now that's a new one!

Logan
10-23-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Logan...normally I would make a joke here about "written on the washroom wall", but in the spirit of the New PT I'll pass on that. Laurie...don't know the source but it is a favorite Country and Western song :D :D

Don't we have a Uper on to speak to pasties????

When I typed that, I thought "somebody is going to say something, Logan". How right I was!!! LOL!!! :D

It reminds me of my conversation with Scott on the day of our first date. We had just left Sunday School and he pulled me aside to talk about our evening plans. I told him "I'm easy" (meaning, obviously, that whatever he planned would be fine with me), but later he said " You're easy, but not cheap". :o

Randi
10-23-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Now, give me something to ease the hangover from the red wine last night! You're taking the words right out of my mouth! ..... The fresh air and exercise did help though, not to mention the yummy orange juice I had earlier. :)

BUT .... Lbaker has me convinced that I have to try one of those Mimosas - I have an idea what they are and since we're having FISH this evening, it will fit perfectly, don't you think? :D

Wolflady, that artichoke/spinach/crab cheese dip sounds delicious - would that fit for a starter?

Logan, I agree that the recipe thread must be revived for this one!! :eek: I'll be checking the recipe thread!!

Gini, you can count me in for help in the kitchen! :D

catland
10-23-2003, 01:15 PM
ack - I'm falling behind here. Lets see if I can catch up on some of the drink orders.

Randi - one Mimosa

L4me - one Black Butte for your Sig. Other:)

T&P - Richard is the drink expert. I'll let him think of something for your afternoon "hair of the dog"

Logan - H2O and lemon - that was easy.

mo-mo - catnip tea coming right up.

Wolflady - thanks for the dip - here's your A-Bomb.

Welcome PCB - glad you stopped by. We'll keep fruit smoothies on hand just for you. Does strawberry sound ok?

Soledad
10-23-2003, 01:22 PM
Logan...normally I would make a joke here about "written on the washroom wall", but in the spirit of the New PT I'll pass on that.

*SNORT*

lynnestankard
10-23-2003, 01:35 PM
There I was sat minding my own - and thought why can I hear corks appoppin'?
Realized it was Thursday and wondered if the bar was open - OPEN??! GOOD GRIEF!! It hasn't closed since last Thursday! I'm so far behind in the drinks and it's only 7.35pm here!
Can I have a glass of cold champagne please? This dip sounds wonderful - but NO sushi thanks all the same - urggghhh! And bread left?
Lynne

Logan
10-23-2003, 02:07 PM
Mimosas are a "southern" tradition.......champagne and orange juice.......a good reason to celebrate a weekend morning!!! They are very popular at traditional weekend "brunches". Quite good too!!! :)

Randi
10-23-2003, 02:34 PM
Thanks Logan, it definately sounds a lot better than Black Velvet which is Stout and Champagne.

I recently tried a place in Copenhagen for brunch - It's called O's (American of course :D) but I missed the Mimosa. However, the pancakes they make, Uhhmm!!

Now that thursdays are getting so busy, we could all have brunch on Sundays! :D :eek:

2kitties
10-23-2003, 02:35 PM
OOh, yes. Mimosa for me please!

lbaker
10-23-2003, 02:47 PM
Brunch would have to be really organized Randi, more kitchen work than bartending I'd say. I supposed the EuroTalkers could start it (assuming Richard gives one of you the key to open) U.S. East Coast Talkers could take 2nd shift and - HEY, wait a minute :eek: we hardly have time to clean the joint up by Monday morning as it is. SURELY we deserve a day of rest. (OK Catland, I left myself wide open for you...........)

RICHARD
10-23-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
And bread left?
Lynne

Stopped in for a second....

would you like some corn rye bread???

Logan,

Southern Tradition? You guys down there take credit for all the good stuff, next you'll say the North cheated during the Civil War!!!;)

Randi and 2K,

Mimosas for you two!!

Done!

(the pre bottled ones lack charm......get them fresh!)

Laurie....

lol, we WOULD have to get a banquet room and staff.....

Gini and T&P...

* the juke box blares *

I'm taking what they're giving,
Cos I'm Working for a Livin'

Whooooooooooooo-oooooooo....

momoffuzzyfaces
10-23-2003, 03:17 PM
since next week is the Thursday before Halloween, are we telling ghost stories? I have one all picked out, plus it's true!:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-23-2003, 03:19 PM
Oh goody, ghost stories!!! Can't wait for next Thursday even though this Thursday isn't over with yet. :D

Richard - Hi ho hi ho, it's off to work I go....ugh, now I'll have that running through my head the rest of the day.

Maybe one of those Mimosas will help banish it. :D

RICHARD
10-23-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

Maybe one of those Mimosas will help banish it. :D

DONE!

Yes, ghost stories!!! MOFF you'll be first up!

for next week i propose a cyber costume party.

Rules....

No pasties, sorry Gini;).

Be tasteful and discreet!

That's it!

Laurie,
I just thought about the 'keys to the place'-
it reminded me of the 'locks on the doors of 7-11"
quandry......

catland
10-23-2003, 03:45 PM
PLEASE STOP CALLING ME SHIRLEY :D :D

lynnestankard
10-23-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Mimosas ......champagne and orange juice.......a good reason to celebrate a weekend morning!!! They are very popular at traditional weekend "brunches". Quite good too!!! :)

Logan - We call it Bucks Fizz over here!

Richard - Yep Corn Bread or Garlic Bread - Thanks.

Randi - Black Velvet is gorgeous isn't it?

Lynne

RICHARD
10-23-2003, 04:05 PM
speaking of champagne....

Miss Meow sent a bottle of the most exquisite champagne to the LA PT meeting....
I had never ever tasted anything like that in my life!!!

This bottle didn't have a 'bouquet'-
It had fruit, flowers, sunshine, earth and everything wonderful in it.......I was able to see with my tastebuds.......

It was like a first kiss-

definitely intoxicating and something you just can't forget.........

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-23-2003, 04:09 PM

Oh, oh Richard, better be careful....:rolleyes: ;) :D

Cincy'sMom
10-23-2003, 04:26 PM
Eyah! Finally Thursday, must be time for a second A-bomb!! And some of karen's dip too please :)

Can't wait for next weeke's Ghost stories!!! I'll have to see if any of the haunted house scripts have written will work without anyone acting them out....

I can only imagine that the champagne Miss Meow sent was amazing....some of the best wines I have ever had are Austrialian!

RICHARD
10-23-2003, 04:55 PM
Eyah! Finally Thursday, must be time for a second A-bomb!! And some of karen's dip too please :)

Can't wait for next weeke's Ghost stories!!! I'll have to see if any of the haunted house scripts have written will work without anyone acting them out....

T&P,

don't worry......;)

One a-bomb for CM

Done!

lol,

I'll be a thespian for a day!!

DONE!

Cincy'sMom
10-23-2003, 05:18 PM
I think that A-Bomb should be my last...I can't even spell "yeah" :)

RICHARD
10-23-2003, 05:31 PM
I think that A-Bomb should be my last...I can't even spell "yeah" :)

that's the 'fallout'

spelling mistakes!

KYS
10-23-2003, 05:50 PM
Thanks catland,
I'm injoying all this food we have today too. :)

YUM!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[B]Richard usually doesn't check in for an hour or so, but I made an extra key to open the bar.

L4me - we'll see if lbaker has any squid in her potpouri of seafood for your calamari.

T&P - here's your A-Bomb - enjoy.

KYS - one Strawberry Margarita - extra sweet.

Randi - OJ - freshly squeezed - what are you doing getting all healthy on us?

V&J - Sake.

DONE

luckies4me
10-23-2003, 07:23 PM
Anything good for clearing ones throat? I am so sick of this terrible cough!

lizbud
10-23-2003, 08:22 PM
speaking of champagne....

Miss Meow sent a bottle of the most exquisite champagne to the LA PT meeting....
I had never ever tasted anything like that in my life!!!

This bottle didn't have a 'bouquet'-
It had fruit, flowers, sunshine, earth and everything wonderful in it.......I was able to see with my tastebuds.......

I was about to say that I'd never developed a taste for the
bubbly, but this might change my mind. Sounds delicious.:D

Oh, and Mimosas at Brunch would be devine.

lbaker
10-24-2003, 09:01 AM
Richard "locks on the 7-11" is just one of lifes little quandries isn't it :confused:
Catland: :D :D :D
L4me: Try one of Richard's Hot Toddie's. I had a horrible cold/cough/sore throat last year & it worked like a charm
Costumes huh... hmmmmm * voice whispers "be careful Laurie be careful Laurie, you're in enough trouble as it is" * :rolleyes:

Soledad
10-24-2003, 09:13 AM
Laurie, I think we've corrupted enough of young America... :rolleyes: :p

lbaker
10-24-2003, 09:24 AM
* snort *

gini
10-24-2003, 10:24 AM
Laurie, just don't get any costume that twirls and you will be safe.
Besides I will stick up for you and I am pretty sure Richard would as well.

Because of the fires here the light is very strange. Instead of morning sunlight - it is just a wierd hazy gold glow. People being evacuated from their homes - it is very sad.

lbaker
10-24-2003, 10:42 AM
Gini, I didn't realize the fires were that close to you :( I'm so sorry. I'll dress up early for Halloween and be an Indian so I can start a rain dance. When I was little and we played cowboys & Indians I always wanted to be an Indian and no, it had nothing to do with football teams :rolleyes: Seriously, this is a terrible situation and my thoughts are with all my California friends & family.

gini
10-24-2003, 10:56 AM
Laurie, the fires are not that close to my home - but because the sky is dark to the north and a wierd golden in the south, gives you an idea of how severe the fires are. The Santa Ana winds are only whipping them up even more.

When I was little, I too played cowboys and indians with my friends. But, I always wanted to be the animal - a deer. I haven't thought about that in years.

lbaker
10-24-2003, 11:15 AM
I used to work with a lovely, young Italian lady & asked her what type of game they used to play in Italy that might have been the same idea as Cowboys & Indians and she said they used to play "Hunters & Hares" :D I guess kids all over the world make up similar games, regardless of where they live :)

catland
10-24-2003, 11:30 AM
geez you guys, this place is a mess. Dried squid on the floor. Cornish pasties on the ceiling, and I don't even want to know what that is that's stuck under the tables this time.:D

Think I'll make myself a bloody Mary and start the cleanup.:)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-24-2003, 11:34 AM
I've got a Cherokee and a Sioux down the line on my family tree. I don't know if knowing the rain dance is inherited but would be willing to give it a go to see if it would help you folks in California out. In my younger days I could shake a leg but haven't tried in years.

May I have a ginger ale with a cherry dropped in it, Please???????? oh, the cats said their catnip tea yesterday, was the best ever and send head bumpies to the bar keep. :D

lbaker
10-24-2003, 11:35 AM
Sorry Catland, Gini & I were just being nostalgic and next thing you know we're down on the floor playing jacks. For penance I'll take on the bathrooms *yuck*

Randi
10-24-2003, 11:38 AM
Gini, I'm sorry to hear about the fires. :( I hope everyone will stay safe! It looks rather serious.

A Red Flag Fire Warning has been issued for Los Angeles County and surrounding areas. High temperatures, low humidity and gusty canyon winds raise the fire danger.
These extreme conditions will be in effect through the weekend.

This is a scene from the "Grand Prix" Fire, currntly burning in the Lytle Creek area North of Fontana. The wind is gusting to about 40 MPH and is blowing south off of the mountains into residential areas.

http://www.wunderground.com/data/wximagenew/w/wb6ypf/42.jpg

luckies4me
10-24-2003, 11:43 AM
Are the fires anywhere near Whittier? That is where my family lives,so just curious.

gini
10-24-2003, 12:00 PM
Luckies4me......no, the fires are not near Whittier. If you go into Yahoo maps and type in Whittier - and then click east to the 210 and 15 freeways, where they intersect........that is where the fires are now.

I am in the heart of Los Angeles - and now there is no sunlight, only grey.

They are advising us to stay indoors and keep animals in as well.

I just heard that they are seeing a lot of wildlife now, bobcats, etc. and they are singed. And as they come down into the foothills from the mountain areas that are burning, it could become even more dangerous for firefighters and others.

We have the Santa Ana winds each year at this time and that is why it is so unusually hot. They expect these winds to continue through Sunday. This is not good.

gini
10-24-2003, 12:04 PM
Catland, sorry about the squid on the floor. That stuff is so gross, I kept dropping it.

And the Cornish pasties on the ceiling - well Richard kept bugging me to work faster, faster - we had such a crowd this week! I got disgusted and just threw up my hands! I had no idea they would stick to the ceiling.

Now for what's under the tables - hey, it wasn't me!! I was in the kitchen all day!

I am really pooped, but I will pitch in and help clean up too.

[Am I allowed to say pooped?]

RICHARD
10-24-2003, 12:04 PM

Think I'll make myself a bloody Mary and start the cleanup.:)

Allow me!

DONE!

I'll clean up the bathrooms and wash the dishes if you all will take care of the 'customer area'??

Laurie and Gini,
if you would like we can move the tables on the terrace and you guys can play outside!?!?!?!

Moff,
ginger ale w/cherry..

NO SPLITS!!!! okay?

bumpies back atcha!!!

Done.

Randi,

every few years this happens.....and the fires are usually started by arsonists. :mad:
The speed, sounds and heat from a fire like that are some of the scariest things you can ever experience. Think of standing next to a train track while the train, on fire, passes within a few feet of where you are standing..:eek:

thanks for the concern!

The fires are out by whittier, but not a prob there...

gini
10-24-2003, 12:08 PM
Come on Laurie, let's take a break and go out on the terrace and play jacks. I am a bit rusty here, can you remind me how to play?

I am thirsty too.........but I am not demanding this morning, only want a good cup of coffee and some milk.

lbaker
10-24-2003, 12:18 PM
You can practice with one-zies then two-zies while I make us a PB&J sandwich (on white bread of course) and bring us each a glass of ice cold milk :p Gracious me, THIS conversation should be safe enough :rolleyes: Maybe Catland or Soledad can take a break and play the winner :D Richard?

gini
10-24-2003, 12:21 PM
OOOOO....a PB&J and ice cold milk?

How about some neopolitan ice cream for dessert?

Oh Oh, I just got jam on the jacks.

RICHARD
10-24-2003, 12:33 PM
You can practice with one-zies then two-zies while I make us a PB&J sandwich (on white bread of course) and bring us each a glass of ice cold milk :p Gracious me, THIS conversation should be safe enough :rolleyes: Maybe Catland or Soledad can take a break and play the winner :D Richard?

Don't cut those crusts or I'll toss you out of the kitchen...:p

Have you seen those frozen crustless PB&J's????

ewwwww,

fresh or nothing..

Finally an easy drink to mix!!!

Milk.....

Done!!!

Ice cream when we finish???

gini
10-24-2003, 12:39 PM
Geeze, if you are too lazy to make a PB&J sandwich, you shouldn't be allowed out of bed in the morning.

Cut off the crusts? Heck no, all of the jam gets squeezed to the edge and that's the good part.

catland
10-24-2003, 12:39 PM
I'd love to play the winner in jacks- just as soon as I get this stuff off of the seats.

No more bubble-gum in the bar. This stuff is disgusting to scrape off.:eek:

Soledad
10-24-2003, 12:42 PM
Laurie, perhaps we could all revert to infancy so as to assure a "clean" site. But then that would entail diaper changes...:rolleyes: :p

2kitties
10-24-2003, 12:57 PM
So I'm doing some shopping online today, and guess what I find!!!:pasties (http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod7440960&cmCat=search&_requestid=13376)

Actually, I think this is a pretty cool product and I'm thinking of getting one. It says you can wear it up to 100 times. I hate underwear lines.

Do you serve chocolate martinis here?

catland
10-24-2003, 01:08 PM
2K - so if I slap on those puppies I get to look like that model?:eek: :D (where were these things back when I was young and thin?;) )

Soledad
10-24-2003, 01:12 PM
I don't know...I think I prefer a bit more support.

gini
10-24-2003, 01:14 PM
Soledad:D :D I cannot resist.

****SNORT****

RICHARD
10-24-2003, 01:16 PM
NO SHOES
NO SHIRT
NO SERVICE....

I can't seem to fit

NO PASTIES

in that saying and make it flow....;)

Randi
10-24-2003, 01:18 PM
So I'm doing some shopping online today, and guess what I find!!!:pasties (http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod7440960&cmCat=search&_requestid=13376)
I've seen the pics and mine look the same - why wear one at all!? :D

I need a dessert now! Please! :)

2kitties
10-24-2003, 01:18 PM
No Shirt
No Shoes
No Support
No Service!

catland
10-24-2003, 01:21 PM
No Shirt
No Shoes
No Support
No Service!

My turn - *SNORT*:D

ow - I think I did something to my sinuses

2kitties
10-24-2003, 01:22 PM
2K - so if I slap on those puppies I get to look like that model?:eek: :D (where were these things back when I was young and thin?;) )

If that poor girl shows up at Thursdays, we need to serve her up some chicken wings and cheese fries pronto!

RICHARD
10-24-2003, 01:27 PM
HOKAY...

thanks to everyone for keeping us 'abreast' of the fashion stylings for women.

Now ---I'm putting you ALL on double secret probation!!

Nice job, everyone!

let's have some ice cream.....

slick
10-24-2003, 01:33 PM
I've just come in to work to have lunch with someone. Sounds like you guys didn't miss me at all......

And what's all this talk about pasties.....I though this was a family restaurant ;)

Great news:
I'm taking my computer home and hooking it up with internet tomorrow!!!! Yeah!!!!!! Now I'll be able to party with you even on my day off. :D Do I need a life or what.

I see the place is all cleaned up. If I promise to be good could I get a cold one before lunch??

lbaker
10-24-2003, 01:35 PM
ihadnothingtodowiththis I was out on the terrace rinsing off some jam that mysteriously got all over the jacks. iamagoodgirliam

RICHARD
10-24-2003, 01:43 PM
Slick,
GOOD FOR YOU!
a cold one!

DONE!

Laurie,

I'm so tired of you-know-what that I threw my bottle of P-A-S-T-E in the trash can.:rolleyes:

catland
10-24-2003, 03:11 PM
Did someone say ICE CREAM?:cool: :D

gini
10-24-2003, 03:25 PM
:D :D Richard reminds me of a guy that you have taken shopping with you one too many times.

Yes, dear, it is lovely, just buy it......and let's get OUT OF HERE!

she just bought WHAT?

momoffuzzyfaces
10-24-2003, 03:25 PM
Did someone say ICE CREAM?:cool: :D Can I have a slice of apple pie under mine?:D

RICHARD
10-24-2003, 03:45 PM
:D :D Richard reminds me of a guy that you have taken shopping with you one too many times.

Yes, dear, it is lovely, just buy it......and let's get OUT OF HERE!

she just bought WHAT?

LOL,

Actually I like to go shopping....I have patience.
A friend of mine took me to that SECRET store once....That was a little tough, the saleswomen sure were pretty....

I was trying not to get 'stuck' on this pasties thing.......

Ice cream and pie....

DONE!

slick
10-24-2003, 03:58 PM
Back from lunch, went to Korean BBQ restaurant. MMMMMMM good!!!!!

Richard: You went shopping at Victoria's Secret (not my secret)??? You shatter my image of you. I didn't know you liked fancy and frilly??:D :D

Did someone say shopping?? I HATE SHOPPING!!!! I only do it when and if necessary. I'm obviously not your typical female.

RICHARD
10-24-2003, 04:20 PM

Richard: You went shopping at Victoria's Secret (not my secret)??? You shatter my image of you. I didn't know you liked fancy and frilly??:D :D

Actually it was a MAGIC shop, you know those magicians.....very secretive!!;)

slick
10-24-2003, 04:25 PM
Actually it was a MAGIC shop, you know those magicians.....very secretive!!;)
Ahhh, I get it. Now you see it, now you don't!!

That reminds me of the time I was 23 and drunk from Tequila.....

Hey, where'd it go????

I'm done for today. Going home to set up my puter. BTW Richard, loved the boxed Eddie pics but noticed his fur was all white and not a spot of yellow to be seen :D :D

slick
10-24-2003, 04:56 PM
Richard: Do you know what Eddie does when you are working????? Check it out :D :D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/pe9d221215137de3d925929b31cb29c69/fabeacb2.gif

catland
10-24-2003, 05:19 PM
**sputter** **snort** - CUT THAT OUT:D :D :D

lbaker
10-24-2003, 07:20 PM
OK you all, it's now 8:20 about, in the evening on a Friday night.. I'm here watching my son and D-in-law playing Jacks on my living room floor. I in a way told them about todays Happy Hour and doG did I let myself in for it :eek: they are trying to out-do each other in JACKS. (I just happened to have a set of Jacks and TWO rubber bouncy balls in a drawer) Geez, wait until we get into pick-up-sticks or my favorite - HOP SCOTCH :eek: Now they are playing by Calvin Rules..it's going to be a loooong night

sorry to get off the immediate subject but this is just too funny listening to son & DIL having a serious discussion over Jacks I need to get a life I guess

gini
10-24-2003, 07:25 PM
Jam n Jacks at Laurie's house!!!

I draw the line at kick the can though............(Laurie, you could suggest this if you want to get them out of the house for a while.:D :D )

Glad to hear that you have a household that gets right into the spirit of things and doesn't make fun of you and Pet Talk.

The only ones that really understand are my neighbors (Rusty's Mom and Dad).

Everyone else thinks I am crazy or just humor me.

Have a great weekend!

G.P.girl
10-24-2003, 07:31 PM
Can I have a slice of apple pie under mine?:D
how 'bout some pumpkin pie too:D
(i cant wait til thanksgiving)

lbaker
10-24-2003, 07:36 PM
oh great, I just read this to them and now I'm told it's all MY fault he messed up on his three-zies :rolleyes: he said he was listening to Gini's reply and got discombubalated... :rolleyes: