PDA

View Full Version : Dusty has a big owie.

Tonya
10-21-2003, 02:10 PM
As some of you know, my dogs and the neighbor dog, Bob have been determined to be together. After eating the fence, moving heavy conrete blocks, digging holes to China, etc...we'd finally agreed to just share dogs since the kennels are back to back.

Well, every since that everyone is getting mystery injuries. Last week, Bob's face was cut up.

Now, today, Dusty has the oddest wound. It is perfectly round about the size of a silver dollar. The hair is completely missing. It doesn't seem like it needs stitches, but it is really raw. Almost like a burn. I'm just putting neosporin on it. It seems like such an odd wound.

I think I'm going to insist on keeping the dogs seperated. I have no idea what is going on.

tatsxxx11
10-21-2003, 02:29 PM
I'm so sorry the "sharing" is not working:( But, it sounds like the pups are getting into a bit of mischief...or worse:( For their safety and your peace of mind, I think it's best they be kept separated. Hope everyone heals quickly!

lovemyshiba
10-21-2003, 02:32 PM
Tonya,
Riley had a wound like that a couple of weeks ago. The 4 dogs had been outside playing, and when they came in, he had that bare spot like that, on his leg. I put hydrogen peroxide on it to clean it out, and he didn't even move, so I figured it wasn't open at all, and it didn't bother him one bit for me to touch it. It was bizarre.

I would keep them separated--who knows what's going on!!!