PDA

View Full Version : death by eyeliner

RICHARD
10-21-2003, 02:06 PM
As much as I love women and all the work they do to make themselves up.........

but can your refrain while driving???

Some gal almost wrecked me this morning doing the eyeliner-in-the-rear-view thing this morning...

Sorry, but THAT'S the reason that NASCAR
does not have any women drivers;)...

"Jeff Gordon was just stuffed into the wall by the
car driven by Maybelline...."

and what's the deal with leaving the RVM twisted
so you can watch yourselves drive?????? :confused:

Tonya
10-21-2003, 02:13 PM
and what's the deal with leaving the RVM twisted

My work truck doesn't have a way to see out the back window, therefore there wasn't a need for a rearview mirror. I went one to many times with dead bugs, dirt, grease or whatever smashed on my face. So I sheepishly went to the mechanics and asked them to put a rearview mirror in. It is twisted towards me so that I can see myself at all times. lol. Call me vain. :D

RICHARD
10-21-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
So I sheepishly went to the mechanics and asked them to put a rearview mirror in. It is twisted towards me so that I can see myself at all times. lol. Call me vain. :D

that's not vanity....it's being professional!
you have to keep yourself presentable.....

But can't you keep the mirror twisted the RIGHT way......

Just behave - that way you don't have to keep an eye on yourself at all times!

mugsy
10-21-2003, 02:56 PM
Basically I don't CARE if my make up isn't on, so I don't do that stuff. lol Also, I frighten myself enough when I get ready in the morning, why do I want to continue the experience in the car? :p

lynnestankard
10-21-2003, 03:20 PM
He he he Richard!

Reminded me of when I worked and travelled in with a friend who drove. Every single morning we'd see various women putting on mascara and lipstick whilst driving. The morning that left us both open mouthed was when we saw a (sorryRichard!) guy with his newspaper spread over the steering wheel, with a cup in his hand and talking on his mobile phone........wow how scared were we! And even hitting the horn didn't make any impression! Then people ask me why I don't drive?!!

Lynne

RICHARD
10-21-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
The morning that left us both open mouthed was when we saw a (sorryRichard!) guy with his newspaper spread over the steering wheel, with a cup in his hand and talking on his mobile phone........wow how scared were we! And even hitting the horn didn't make any impression! Then people ask me why I don't drive?!!

Lynne

no offense taken.......I have done some stupid things myself....

My favorite was the guy eating the bowl of cereal...

puts down the fork and picks up a piece of toast....while driving w/his knees...

I would not have been surprised had he picked up a knife and buttered the toast.....It's was the car with a toaster IN IT, that had me stunned!!!!!
;)

catland
10-21-2003, 03:56 PM
that's ok, in their next lives they will all be forced to drive manual transmissions with no power steering.;)

aly
10-21-2003, 04:04 PM
Its not a gender based thing. I've seen plenty of men do incredibly stupid things while driving. Yes, some women do put on makeup in the car. But what about the guys who have a cell phone in one hand and a hamburger in the other?

RICHARD
10-21-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by aly
Its not a gender based thing. I've seen plenty of men do incredibly stupid things while driving. Yes, some women do put on makeup in the car. But what about the guys who have a cell phone in one hand and a hamburger in the other?

That can't happen!!!!
How can you talk with your mouth full?
;)

carole
10-21-2003, 04:46 PM
Well all jokes aside, I cannot stand it how drivers are so careless, in this manner, doing stupid things, being a non-driver, I guess I really notice these crazy behaviours.

We had a case here a women driver bent down to pick up a can of coke and she ploughed into two young people walking on the footpath, she killed one of them and seriously injured the other, this is the reality of it all.

Some people just have a complacent attitude, and don't think how them not paying attention could result in a tragedy.

OK I have said enough, obviously this is one of those things that gets me on my soap box.:)

isis
10-21-2003, 06:21 PM
Oh my gosh I HATE eye liner!! I hate it when peple put 5there make up on when driving!! It's like do they have a brain!?!?

Miss Meow
10-21-2003, 06:47 PM
Richard, I just got this in my e-mail. Did you write it?!!! :)
--------------------------

this morning on the Interstate,

I looked over to my
left and there was a

woman

in a brand new

Cadillac

doing 65 mph

with her
face up next to her

rear view mirror

putting on her eyeliner.

I looked away

for a couple seconds

and when I looked back she was

halfway over in my lane,

still working on that makeup.

As a man,

I don't scare easily.

But she scared me so much;

I dropped
my electric shaver,

which knocked

the donut

out of my other hand.

In all
the confusion of trying

to straighten out the car

using my knees against
the steering wheel,

it knocked

my cell phone

away from my ear

which fell

into the coffee

between my legs,

splashed,

and burned

Big Jim and theTwins,

ruined the damn phone,

soaked my trousers,

and disconnected an
important call.

Damn women drivers ! !

captain
10-21-2003, 08:19 PM
Oh Nicole - I LOVE that!!!

Yes, Love the women putting on make-up in the morning ........ whilst driving ......... and the men reading the newspaper ........

Molly, I am with you. If it is NOT on my face as I walk out the door, it is not going on!!!
Don't wear make up anyway - because WE (Molly!!!!! ) are NATURALLY beautiful! :o

Cinder & Smoke
10-21-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by aly
... men do incredibly stupid things while driving. :eek:

But what about the guys who have a cell phone in one hand
and a hamburger in the other? :p

Musta seen Dad drivin. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by RICHARD
That can't happen!!!!
How can you talk with your mouth full?
;)

Rich ~

It'z *eezie* - jest gotta take small bytes! ;)

Nomilynn
10-21-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
My favorite was the guy eating the bowl of cereal...

puts down the fork and picks up a piece of toast....while driving w/his knees...

Never mind that.. I wanna know how anyone is able to eat cereal with a fork.. driving or not! That MUST take talent ;) ;) ;)

All that aside, it's very frustrating when people do stupid things while driving, but, sadly, it happens ALL the time. We all just have to learn to drive for everyone else as well as ourselves :rolleyes:

Kfamr
10-21-2003, 10:08 PM
I think i've seen the worst woman driver...

She had her leg up over the steering wheel, SHAVING.:rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:

micki76
10-21-2003, 11:51 PM
What about the guy reading the paper and picking his nose? Ack! I never see women picking their nose in the car, but just look over at a guy and he'll be mining away! Gross!

Kfamr
10-22-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by micki76
What about the guy reading the paper and picking his nose? Ack! I never see women picking their nose in the car, but just look over at a guy and he'll be mining away! Gross!

HEY -- Stop talking about my DAD! :p :rolleyes: :eek:

RICHARD
10-22-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
Never mind that.. I wanna know how anyone is able to eat cereal with a fork.. driving or not! That MUST take talent ;) ;) ;)

All that aside, it's very frustrating when people do stupid things while driving, but, sadly, it happens ALL the time. We all just have to learn to drive for everyone else as well as ourselves :rolleyes:

A FORK!

He'd strain the milk outta the cereal and pop it into his mouth!!!!!

Miss Meow,

no I did not write it......

But it was definitely written by a man....

"Big Jim and the twins"???

:rolleyes:

Men! we always lie about something!!!