PDA

View Full Version : Abandoned horses

gini
10-21-2003, 12:25 AM
This was posted on ABC.com How on God's green earth could you just abuse and abandon three horses?

I hope whoever did this is caught!

Reward Offered for Abandoned Horses
DOWNEY — An animal rights group today offered a reward of up to $2,500 for information that helps find whoever abandoned three starving horses in the Downey area.
A horse found six months ago near the San Gabriel River (605) Freeway was 150 pounds underweight and bore fresh scars, said Tarina Keene of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

"Officials at the Los Angeles County Department of Animal Care and Control ... (said that) two horses found this week could have been abandoned by the same person or persons" who abandoned the horse six months ago, Keene said.

"Mental health professionals and top law-enforcement officials consider cruelty to animals to be a red flag," Keene said.

"People who demonstrate such blatant disregard for life, and desensitization to suffering, can pose a definitive risk to the people and animals with whom they come in contact," Keene said.

Anyone with more information about the case was urged to call PETA at (757) 622-7382. For more information about PETA, visit the Web site helpinganimals.com.

Last Updated: Oct 20, 2003

delidog
10-21-2003, 07:52 PM
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR R:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

captain
10-21-2003, 08:02 PM
I hope they find the person responsible too!!!! :mad: :mad:

We had something like that happen here .......... the man got a $2500.00 fine ............ and the beautiful horse had to be put down !!!:mad: :mad:

...... but the horse was also on someones land (adjistment), and THEY did NOTHING to help the horse either ..... surely they have SOME responsiblity too???

tatsxxx11
10-23-2003, 06:31 PM
Oh Gini...how heartbreaking and infuriating!!!!!! I will never be able to comprehend the depths of some humans' cruelty.:(

animal_rescue
06-02-2004, 08:26 PM
that's so mean!!:mad:

I hate when people do that
when will they ever learn??