PDA

View Full Version : clearing up confusion re_marymerryscats

carole
10-20-2003, 10:04 PM
Well luckies4me was asking about marymerryscats, and I said I had seen her post on the thread about the automatic litter box that killed a poor wee kitten.

Now I can clear all this up, as it was fustrating me, I emailed Mary, and she has not been online here for ages, she is far too busy these days.

There was indeed a thread with from her but it was dated 2/10/2003, now this where I became confused because in NZ we read this differently, that reads to Kiwis, the 2nd of October 2003, whereas in actual fact to americans, it is the 10th of Feb 2003, for example todays date would be written in NZ as 21/10/2003.., there you have it, all cleared up, funny how we do this the opposite way, I remember discussing this once with my american pal online.

So I guess I can put this to rest now, and feel glad I am not completely insane yet? lol:) :D

Logan
10-20-2003, 10:21 PM
We Americans can be very confusing, can't we, Carole???? :o

Tonya
10-20-2003, 10:23 PM
Us Americans have it all backwards. lol.

cali
10-20-2003, 10:52 PM
lol dont worry I read it the same way you do carol, but canadians do a lot of the things the same way as over there, lol I read the date the same way you did, oct 2ed! :p

cali
10-20-2003, 10:55 PM
oh wait I think we do read it the same way as americans... meh I have always read it day/month/year, but I think we do it both ways cuz papers have to specify with order we have to write it in, I write it both ways in any case!:eek:

wolfsoul
10-20-2003, 11:16 PM
Yes, Canadians and Americans do it the same way. :p

gini
10-21-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by carole

for example todays date would be written in NZ as 21/10/2003.., :D

But Carole - it is still only 20/10/2003 here in California:D :D

See - we are even behind in the date.......well at least here in California and in Hawaii.

Heck, they are just sitting down to a late dinner in Hawaii.

Miss Meow
10-21-2003, 02:37 AM
Thanks, Carole. :)

Hey, do you know what happened to the original thread in Cat General? I went to check it the other day but it disappeared (then again, we are in a similar timezone so we both miss out on the happenings!) :)

lynnestankard
10-21-2003, 06:47 AM
Yep.........us folks here in the UK write the date as: day/month/year. Always have to remember to switch the day/month round on Pet Talk - and often forget!!

Don't let the time thing bug you Gini!!:D Last year when Elizabeth was in Oz I was adding 11 hours on for her time and still remembering to take 6 hours off for Diane in Chicago!!

Lynne

carole
10-21-2003, 03:52 PM
Yep you American's sure keep me on my toes? lol!

I don't know what happened to the original thread either, I could not find it, oh well, I guess the mystery if over, I was beginning to think I was loosing my marbles, thank goodness I figured it out, was a bit of a worry lol.
Mary is thinking about popping by soon.

Oh and the date Gini, well at least we are ahead of you in one thing, not much else, thats for sure lol:) :D

moosmom
10-21-2003, 07:33 PM
Marymerryscats who??? :confused: ;)

Karen
10-21-2003, 07:47 PM
Please, please, please, when you are wondering what happened regarding a former member PM me, or that person. That way no "laundry" has to be aired in a public place. I deleted Luckies4me's thread regarding marysmerrycats from last week, and advised her I was doing so, and why.