PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Kayleigh and Muskwa

Glacier
10-20-2003, 01:43 PM
Muskwa turns six today! He's the dog who introduced me to this wonderful breed. My husband got Muskwa as a puppy. I showed up when he was about 7 months old and in the throes of husky adoloscence. I sometimes wonder why on earth we got that second husky and the third and the fourth......Maybe that's why we adopt adults now! Muskwa is our alpha male and everything an alpha dog should be--smart, fair, gentle. The other dogs just know he's the boss of them and never question it. He's too smart for his own good sometimes, but there's never a dull moment.

http://www.seemesmile.com/photos4/2359758a.jpg

Kayleigh, our mal-husky-gsd-who knows what else mix, turns five tomorrow. She's been with us for over two years now and I think we have her issues under control at last. Kayleigh is female dog aggressive and food protective. She has finally decided that the male dogs can live and she will leave Sleet alone. Kayleigh seems to have realized there will always be food. Her first owner starved her and food has been a huge issue for her. Kayleigh is a great wheel dog--not built for speed by any means, but she will pull all day. She loves to pull and she'll put up with any other dog beside her in harness as long as she gets to come! Yesterday we ran into another musher out training and Kayleigh never batted an eye. She used to be something of an alligator towards other dog teams. Course, the
other team was 18 dogs and I think my 6 were a little overwhelmed by the stream of dogs going by them!

http://www.seemesmile.com/photos4/2359748a.jpg

Happy Birthday to you both. Moose bones for everyone!

Shelteez2
10-20-2003, 01:50 PM
Happy Birthday!!!!!

The shelties are jealous.....yumm moose bones ;)

lovemyshiba
10-20-2003, 02:02 PM
Happy Birthday Kayleigh and Muskwa!!!

What great stories about both of them!!!
Moose bones?? My 4 don't know what those are, but would love to try some!!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!!

primabella
10-20-2003, 03:07 PM
Happy Birthday Muskwa and Kayleigh! :D Sounds like you two make your mother very happy. Have a great day! :)

ChrisH
10-20-2003, 03:29 PM
Happy Birthday Kayleigh and Muskwa!:D What gorgeous dogs you both are!:)

tatsxxx11
10-20-2003, 04:09 PM
Happy Birthday, dear Muskwa and Kayleigh, you stunning puppers!! You sure do make your Mommy proud!:) Enjoy those moose bones!!:eek::D

KYS
10-20-2003, 05:51 PM
Happy Birthday, Muskwa and Kayleigh!

mugsy
10-20-2003, 06:19 PM
Happy Birthday babies!!! I hope you get spoiled A LOT!

Uabassoon
10-20-2003, 06:55 PM
Happy Birthday! You are both very beautiful doggies and you hope you gets lots of special treats!

anna_66
10-20-2003, 08:04 PM
Happy Birthday to two stunning beauties:D

clara4457
10-21-2003, 05:02 AM
Happy Birthday, Muskwa and Kayleigh! Many, many more happy ones to you both! :D Moose bones hmmmmm.