PDA

View Full Version : I changed cat foods

Uabassoon
10-19-2003, 02:30 PM
I am in the process of changing my kitties from eating science diet to Wysong. Today was the first day I fed them some of the Wysong and they loved it! The majority of the food in the dish was still SD since I want to change them over gradually but I have never seen them eat so fast before, Corkscrew starting picking out the pieces of Wysong. I was worried that they weren't going to like it, so I'm glad that won't be a problem. I'm also going to be giving them Wellness canned food instead of the science diet, so let's hope that they like it. I let you know how it goes after their dinner feeding. I like that since my boss sells these foods she can deliver them to me which will save me lots of money. Every time I go to petsmart saying I'm only going to buy food I end up walking out with lots of things that I don't really need, like that $5 copy of Cat Fancy!

Uabassoon
10-19-2003, 06:51 PM
I gave the kitties the wellness canned food for dinner and they LOVED it! Corkscrew usually only finishes about half of his can food but today he licked his bowl clean! I'm so happy that they like the new foods I am switching them over to.

jenluckenbach
10-19-2003, 07:11 PM
I never heard of Wysong. Is it new? What makes it better? But I AM glad that they liked it.:)

Uabassoon
10-19-2003, 07:18 PM
It's not really new. It has better ingredients than science diet they are all natural, human grade and no byproducts. Is not that much more expensive than science diet and the kids seem to like it much better so we are all happy :).

jenluckenbach
10-19-2003, 07:38 PM
Sounds good to me!:)

krazyaboutkatz
10-20-2003, 12:14 AM
I'm glad to hear that they like their new food. :)

kimlovescats
10-20-2003, 12:27 AM
So glad they like their new food! Where would one get this new stuff?

Uabassoon
10-20-2003, 01:06 AM
Kim,
You can get the Wysong dry food at Petco it sells for around $30 for 20lbs. But it is packaged in five 4lb bags to help keep it fresh, I just bought one 4lb bag to start of with. The wellness canned food I think you would have to look around for it because I know petco and petsmart don't sell it. I'm getting it from my boss at the pet sitting agency, she also has a pet food delivery company. Wysong has several different dry food fomulas like one for cats with allergies, a kitten formula, one for cats that are prone to urolithiasis, I have no idea what that is I think it has something to do with the unirary tract but since you have lots more experience with cats I'm sure that you would know! They also have a few other formulas.

Kater
10-20-2003, 01:06 AM
Yay ~ ~ ~ Lucky Tibby & Corkscrew! Nummy-nums!!! :D :D :D

I just hope I can find some higher quality kitty food when I'm home for Christmas break--- I would like to switch Nipo too. Cause she's worth it! ;)

shais_mom
10-20-2003, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Uabassoon

urolithiasis,.

KIDNEY STONES/CRYSTALS!!!

;)
;):D :cool:

Glad they like it!!!!
Hope things go ahem smoothly!!

catmandu
10-20-2003, 10:33 AM
Is it just me , or is buying Cat Food , once fairly easy , getting too complicated! all these different Brands and Formulas! My Dad once said that that was a lot of trouble for an animal , whose Food Source was a slow Mouse!and these Companies know what buttons to push , to make you feel guilty!

Uabassoon
10-20-2003, 06:39 PM
KIDNEY STONES/CRYSTALS!!!

Thanks! That's what I thought but I wasn't very sure.

Lorraine
10-20-2003, 07:25 PM
I'm glad to hear that your kitties like the Wysong. I haven't tried that one yet. Mine have gotten so picky, it makes me nuts. I gave a friend of mine a bag of Wellness dry, because they woudn't touch, it. they also didn't like Solid Gold,Innova, or EaglePack.
right now, I had been giving them Royal Canin for awhile, but they seem to be getting bored with that too. I may try the Wysong, or Evolve.