PDA

View Full Version : Question on what to get a three-year-old

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-19-2003, 01:58 PM
Its my friend's cousin's birthday and we are going to her party and I don't know what to get her... They told me to get books, but what kind? I have no clue lol

wolfsoul
10-19-2003, 02:17 PM
Well, I have many many younger cousins including two three year olds, so I might be able to help lol.

Both of them love Blue's Clues, power rangers (even though they're girls lol), Big Comfy Couch, Busy Town, Dora the Explorer, Franklin the turtle, Dragon Tales, Ninja Turtles, PB and J Otters, aaaand they love Disney books too.

popcornbird
10-19-2003, 02:36 PM
3 year olds? I have a 3 year old cousin, and she always gets happy when we buy her toys..............dolls, doll houses, games for little kids, etc. and she even loves pretty dresses! She :PVES dresses, so I always try to buy her one whenever we go to visit them, and she gets so happy and thinks she's a princess. :p LOL

Is this 3 year old a boy or a girl? For a boy, I've noticed kids at that age really enjoy remote control cars, etc. :p

I don't know if a 3 year old would enjoy a book yet. Might be too young. :)

Kfamr
10-19-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird

Is this 3 year old a boy or a girl? For a boy, I've noticed kids at that age really enjoy remote control cars, etc. :p

to her party and I don't know what to get her... :p

As for what to get..
A few coloring books and crayons? The three year olds in the preschool love to color.

popcornbird
10-19-2003, 03:44 PM
:o :o :o

I know..............I clicked on reply, and then left the room for a while with the screen open. When I got back, I had forgotten what ILMAG had written and didn't bother checking. :p

Ok, so since she's a girl, I would suggest some sort of toy, or dress, or anything little kids like. :D

Pam
10-19-2003, 03:53 PM
Any of the Cat in the Hat books by Dr. Seuss would be a good idea. My kids couldn't get enough of those stories. I could recite them in my sleep. Still can! :rolleyes: My grandson is now 2 yrs. old and he loves books. He looks at all of the pictures and makes comments each time. It's never to early to start with books. They make good friends and it can start a love affair with reading that will last and last.

Kfamr
10-19-2003, 04:00 PM
Yeah, The kids in the preschool class love to read books. We have to read with them if their parents haven't came when it's time to go.

carole
10-19-2003, 04:56 PM
Books are alway's a great choice, so many to choose from, I particularly like the ones with shiny. sparkly, pics or the ones they really enjoy are where you can lift a flap and find what is underneath it.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-19-2003, 05:04 PM
ooooooooooh I still love lift the flap books. :D

carole
10-19-2003, 05:14 PM
I know arent they just the cutest,? I remember my daughter having one BOOT LOOSES A TOOTH, I think it was about a kitty cat, and you had to lift the flaps to find boots tooth, real cute.:) ;) :D :cool:

gini
10-20-2003, 01:56 PM
My little niece is only two and she LOVES books.

Literacy is one of my pet projects, so anything that will get a child reading and having fun with books early is perfect.

Maybe you could buy a book and then promise to read it to her.

Have fun with it - be silly - kids just love it.

Tonya
10-20-2003, 02:54 PM
You know those books where they can push buttons to make different sounds and/or books that have things like doors you can open or different materials in them to touch...kids love those.

luckies4me
10-20-2003, 09:27 PM
Dylan LOVES books, but I think the best ones are ones that rhyme, or have pictures of things you see in everyday life like balls, cats, dogs, leaves, balloons, foods, etc. Then you can help point those things out to help with speech etc. Books that help teach ABC's, numbers and colors are great as well. You can also get fun flashcards. I really enjoy the LeapFrog toys as well. How's about arts and crafts? Maybe some finger paints and paper with some glitter to decorate the painting after, or a coloring book with some big chunky crayons that are harder to break.

Puzzles are good as well. Dylan loves Hot Wheel cars (while supervised) and has a whole collection, but she's a girl so you may not want to get her that stuff. Just make sure that what she gets is safe, as in no small choking parts, sharp edges etc.

How about some cute figurine bubble bath bottles, or some Tub Tints, or a cool new Elmo toothbrush. I could go on forever lol. Balls are always a big hit too. :D