PDA

View Full Version : Riley....

iluvlabs123
10-19-2003, 10:09 AM
okay let me start out at the beginning

about 3 years ago, we had great neighbors with a great yellow lab (3 years younger than sandy) too, named riley, riley was at our house SO much, because she loved us and her and sandy were best friends!! but then about a year after, they moved to hong kong! they were gonna let us keep riley(then only about 1 year old) we were so excited we would keep that sweet puppy in a hearbeat! but they decided to take her.. which is great for them.. but left sandy and us heartbroken (oh by the way, we hadnt adopted sugar yet) sandy especially. her best friend was gone.. but they did say they'd be back in 3 years... but then about a year later they made it 5 years.. who knew if they'd EVER come back :( ..... just in early september , when i was about to get in a car on my way to swimming, there was a big yellow lab following me and wagging its tail, i had to go but i took some time to pet it, and it was really happy! i thought it must have been one of the neighborhood labs that occasionally roamed, that night, she came again, and i wanted to find out what the dogs name was, so i looked at her collar......... and low and behold it said Riley!!!!!!! i wasn't expecting riley to be this dog at all, i almost fainted, and i cried.. RILEYS HOME RILEYS HOME...... i hugged her so much!! how did she remember who we were!!! how in the world did she remember our house, how did she remember sandy, the second she moved back, she came to our house, now that is amazing! now shes back to being at our house 24-7 and her sandy and sugar are best friends. but what about the owners, i feel bad for them, we always put her out at night so she can go home, but a lot of times she doesnt.. i feel bad, also we try not to feed her but when we do, she eats it like shes never eaten food in her life!!! ilove her... but her owners love her too!

what should i do?:D

Foam
10-19-2003, 11:32 AM
Well, Riley technically belongs to the other people, but it sounds like you guys are the ones taking care of her.
Work something out with them if you're really serious about keeping Riley!