PDA

View Full Version : What kind of shampoo/conditioner do you use?

AngieS
09-26-2001, 12:09 AM
I use Johnson's baby wash head-to-toe on my dog(Olli). I am considering changing to something else and wanted to know what everyone here uses or suggests.

3-greys-and-a-mutt
09-26-2001, 09:18 AM
We use johnson's baby shampoo also. I like it because it's tear-free!
On the greyhound's bodies (all three greys have lots of white hair) I mix in a little bit of whitening shampoo. I wouldn't use the stuff straight, but a little bit mixed in with the baby shampoo really brightens them up and gets rid of grass and dirt stains!

chermes
09-27-2001, 09:43 AM
I've always used a shampoo made for dogs but I always rinse with 1 tsp of Alpha Keri bath oil mixed in a quart pitcher of water. Keeps the fly aways down and the dryness of shampooing.http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/wink.gif

KayAnn
09-27-2001, 01:36 PM
well i use Tresseme' but SimSim uses seageats flea and tick shampoo and then after we put that on him we wash it off then use groomers choices hartz puppy shampoo to make him soft n cuddly ;) and it also smells really good! some times i use some tresseme conditionar on him!

thelmalu99
09-27-2001, 04:13 PM
Hi,
I tried Pet Botanics Oatmeal Shampoo for my cat, Danny and it's great! It's made for cats and dogs, so you can try it for your pup. It smells clean and fresh without being too perfumey and it didn't dry out his coat. Oatmeal is supposed to be very good for the skin, so it's great to prevent (or treat) itchy, dry skin and rashes.

Petco carries it for about 8 bucks.

RachelJ
09-28-2001, 09:00 AM
I also use an oatmeal shampoo, but am not that picky about the brand. My dogs seem less itchy after a bath with an oatmeal shampoo. I don't know what our groomer uses though. When she does them they come out looking good and smelling great, but they do seem to scratch a little more for a day or so.

jackiesdaisy1935
09-28-2001, 11:34 AM
KayAnn be very careful when you use a tick and flea shampoo on Simba, the flea shampoo got into Perrys eye and it was burned terribly. We took him to the Vet and had to put medicine on him for quite a while. Thank goodness he is fine now and his eye healed.
Jackie

KayAnn
09-28-2001, 03:57 PM
Jackie, when dealing with my dog, i take all percautions, i makes sure not to hurts him in anyway if possible. I just put the flea shampoo on his neck and body and when washing it off, i hold the top of his neck makeing sure no water wiht flea shampoo in it goes on his head.. i use the tearless puppy shampoo on his head and still make sure not to get it in his eyes just incase.
I take more care of Simba then i do myself.... i even buy him stuff instead of buying me something.. whenever i get money first thing i think of is got to the store and buy SimSim something! ;)

jackiesdaisy1935
09-28-2001, 04:04 PM
Good for you KayAnn, I know Simba appreciates all the care and love that you give to him. I don't think I have ever seen a young person as appreciative of a dog as you are. No wonder Simba lets you put all those outfits on him, he loves you so much.
Jackie

Daisy's Mom
09-28-2001, 07:02 PM
I use St. Aubrey's Oatmeal shampoo on Daisy. It makes her smell good and cleans her up nicely! She could care less on what I use though, and would prefer if I just never bathed her at all :)

MHMama
09-28-2001, 07:38 PM
I use an aloe (no detergent) dog shampoo on Ricky so it won't mess up his Advantage Flea medicine. I haven't tried too many other shampoos yet since I bought this one when Ricky was four months old and he hasn't run out yet. He is a one teaspoon shampoo,bathe
'em in the bathroom sink kind of guy. I do use a flea shampoo ocassionally when it is almost time to do the Advantage or if I notice the Advantage isn't working so good but I am still on my first bottle of that too. For the record, Ricky is 19 months old now. :)

[ September 28, 2001: Message edited by: MHMama ]

[ September 28, 2001: Message edited by: MHMama ]