PDA

View Full Version : Patience - teeth cleaning

Stenograsaurus
09-21-2001, 08:54 AM
Patience is at the Vet's right now, going under anesthesia. She has to get her teeth cleaned. She was so scared when I left her. I felt so bad for her. She froze and we had to force her into the cage. At 75 pounds, that's no easy task. I think she thought I was going to leave her again. (When I first found her in the wild, I took her to the humane society hoping she would find a home there. They obviously didn't and I have her now. Thank God no-one wanted her.) I kept telling her I'd be back and not to worry, she didn't bark at the horses that much. I wasn't mad at her.
Anyway, with everything that's going on this seems kind of like "small stuff" to some but it's a big deal to me so if you could just think of her today and say a little prayer for her, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

3-greys-and-a-mutt
09-21-2001, 09:20 AM
I always worry too, anytime they go under anesthetia - even for the so-called "little things." I am on edge all day waiting till the time the vet told me to call. So, I definately symphathize with you!
I'll say a little prayer for Patience that everything is fine!

Gio
09-21-2001, 09:52 AM
Of course I will be thinking of Patience. Poor thing she must have been scared stiff of being abandoned, bud don't worry she will know that you will never do that to her as soon as you go and pick her up.

You are doign for her own good after all. Please remind me I said this when I'll bring my cat Maya to have the same thing done at the end of the month :D .

Take care and please give a big hug to Patience as soon as she comes home.

jackiesdaisy1935
09-21-2001, 11:33 AM
Patience has all of our prayers and positive thoughts with her today, to tell you the truth I am afraid to bring Daisy and Perry in for that which I know sounds crazy, I try everything to clean their teeth, toothbrush, finger brushes and tooth wipes. Luckily they are doing o.k. right now, but someday we will have to do the same thing I'm sure.
So I will be sure to think about her and let us know when she is done and back home.
Jackie

shais_mom
09-21-2001, 11:38 AM
Good luck Patience!! You will be in my thoughts today.

RachelJ
09-21-2001, 12:17 PM
Oh poor Patience, I know how scared she is. Tucker used to be the same way, but having to go the groomers every so often I think has helped him realize that we when we leave him we do pick him back up. At least she won't come out of this hurting, and you can feel good that you have taken one more step to make her life a healthy and happy one.
And maybe she'll even be happy to see the horses when she gets home. :p

Stenograsaurus
09-21-2001, 01:48 PM
Funny, Rachael, I was thinking the same thing with the horses. :D I called and they said she did fine and I can pick her up anytime after 3:00. She was probably coming out of anesthesia and laying there thinking, oh, what did I do to deserve this? I know, it was those darn horses. She kept telling me no bark. Just come back and get me, I promise I'll never bark at them again. :D
Okay, back to reality. I know that won't happen. Thanks everyone for thinking of her today. I'll gladly return the favor, Gio.

tatsxxx11
09-21-2001, 02:15 PM
Oh, Beth. How scary for you! Poor Patience. She has been through so much already in her life. My heart breaks everytime I have to leave them at the vet's. I always pray they will know that I'll be back for them very soon. I'm so glad that Patience did fine and is ready for home delivery! And how pretty she'll be looking with her sparkling white smile! What a wonderful mom she has. Please hug her for me! And nothing concerning our furkids is ever too big or too small for all of us to lend our support and send our love. I agree, she deserves a woof or two at the horses as soon as she's up to it! Sandra

[ September 21, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

Stenograsaurus
09-21-2001, 02:30 PM
I forgot to tell you. When I was driving down today, I was talking to Patience telling her how pretty she was going to look with her nice white teeth. Then I thought, wait a minute here. I'm spending XXX dollars on you to have your teeth cleaned and I haven't seen a dentist in who knows how long. What's wrong with that picture? I guess I do take care of the dogs better than I do myself. :D

Sudilar
09-21-2001, 08:45 PM
LOL Don't we all take care of our pets more than we do ourselves??
Glad the cleaning went well! Poor Patience must have been scared! I feel so bad for her.

Killian has had so many procedures from such a variety of vets that he always goes willingly. He knows we'll always come and pick him up. When we went on Wednesday for the consultation, he was going through the door to the surgery. He thinks that every time he visits the vet, he has to stay. Lately, though, that has been true.

Keep those teeth bright and shiny!!

Daisy's Mom
09-21-2001, 09:19 PM
I am glad everything went well. I understand that even "the little things" can be stressful. They are our babies after all! Kisses to sweet patience with her sparkly white smile!

tatsxxx11
09-23-2001, 05:10 PM
How's Patience doing??? Hope she's up and feeling bright and beautiful!! :D Hugs to Patience!!

Dixieland Dancer
09-23-2001, 07:05 PM
Anytime your babies go under it is serious. Now you need to take care of yourself too! If Patience can do it, so can you. :D :D :D

Stenograsaurus
09-23-2001, 07:14 PM
I picked Patience up after work Friday. The girl asked if I left her leash and collar and I said yes. She went in the back. I assumed she went to get the leash and collar so that I could get her. Well, the girl brought her out. Patience was just walking along with that worried look on her face. She looked up and saw me and her eyes got brighter and she got an extra bounce in her step. She was fine. They said to take it easy in feeding her. I gave her the amount that I normally do (figuring she knew whta she could handle) and she ate it all. The anesthesia didn't have any effect on her. We're fine now. Thank you all for being there.

sammi
09-23-2001, 09:22 PM
So happy your baby is back home and did okay. I understand that they use a much different type of medication to put the animals under and its not as hard on them (or us!) and they also recover much quicker. When I think back to about 13 yrs. ago and had our dog Reni spayed she was very sleepy for about 24 hours and could hardly get her footings to walk! And when we had Buddy Boy neutered (1 yr. ago) he was awake and walking much sooner.

AdoreMyDogs
09-24-2001, 08:03 AM
I am so happy that beautiful Patience is OK. I am sorry for not responding until now, but I still send good wishes.

Enjoy your shiny new toofers, Patience :)

Daisy's Mom
09-25-2001, 09:27 PM
Sorry I am late. Darn this whole dea of going to school! It gets in the way of my Pet Talk! :) Anyway, I am really glad Patience is okay! Give her some kisses for me.

Sudilar
09-25-2001, 11:26 PM
Glad Patience is doing fine!