PDA

View Full Version : digital camera information please

joycenalex
10-18-2003, 07:50 AM
i'm thinking about getting a digital camera. i would like some advice about different brands and models. quality, cost and ease of computer applications are important to me (i'm not too computer literate:p ). thanks in advance,

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-18-2003, 08:44 AM
I am NO EXPERT, but here is my opinion.

I have a Fuji FinePix 6800Z which I am very happy with. The quality is excellent, and it can be hooked up to the PC using only a USB cable, which is convenient when I want to use it at work. It also comes with a cradle for charging (can be charged without) and the cradle also allows it to be used as a webcam.

I am very happy with this camera, it is small enough to carry in a fanny-pack or handbag, but large enough to have a nice solid feel to it, and also has a zoom and a very large digital display. It also records video (although I have never used this option). My husband finds the buttons a bit small, so I usually tell people to "try them on" - make sure it fits your hand comfortably, and you can press all the buttons easily.

There is a site called epinions.com which is a great source of information for products reviews. I also check out Amazon.com - I much prefer reviews which have been written by REAL USERS and not just a bunch of Journos reviewing a new product which they
havent had to pay for!

Good luck finding the right camera - it's one of the best presents my hubby ever gave me - the first time I asked him for a camera he bought me a really complicated SLR with loads of lenses and stuff - I have NEVER managed to use it:rolleyes:

CamCamPup33
10-18-2003, 08:52 AM
I have an Olympus D-550 Zoom 3.0 megapixel. I LOVE IT! its easy to use, Great great quality, its easy to put on the computer.. It comes with a program called Camedia master and all you do is take a cord and hook it up and then it goes straight to camedia master.. I love it.. You can do video, black and white pictures, sepia, timed pictures and plenty more.. im happy with mine.. :D

GoldenRetrLuver
10-18-2003, 10:07 AM
I have a Canon Powershot A70 and I LOVE IT! It's so easy to download the pictures. You just put the cable in and the program starts itself.
Here's a website I found that tells you more about the camera. :)
Canon Powershot A70 (http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/A70/A70A.HTM)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

Dogz
10-18-2003, 10:12 AM
I have a Kodak (I don't know exactly what kind) but I don't LOVE it. It has GREAT quality, you can make videos, and it has different settings (action etc.) but it is really fragile. It has a view finder, but that got cracked a while ago. I am also thinking of getting a new kind of camera, so this thread will really help me.:)

binka_nugget
10-18-2003, 02:35 PM
I have the canon powershot a60. The a70 that julie has is the next model up. It's basically the same camera with a higher megapixel count. The a60 has 2 megapixels which takes pictures up to 1600x1200. The a70 is 3.3 megapixels (I think?) They both take great closeup shots and take very good quality pictures. I've gotten some prints at a photolab from my digital. The pictures actually look alot better than some of the film cameras we have. I paid 420 for my a60 but it can be found for alot cheaper (I was just impatient).

Kfamr
10-18-2003, 02:37 PM
Yup, Canon a60 here. I've found it for $179 on the web.