PDA

View Full Version : Dog Foods

Brook
09-19-2001, 11:29 AM
I am new to this forum and am wondering what everyone feeds their dogs. I am a hunter and have been feeding my Brittany "INNOVA" in the off season and "Precise Competition" in season for more fat/protein. Are these good dog foods?
My other question is she seems to do better on INNOVA and I am wondering is the switch to the precise for more protein/fat is even necessary or should I just stay on INNOVA and feed more? Any help would be great.

TollSettFK
09-19-2001, 11:41 AM
I have been raised in a family of hunters, and we just got a dog Called Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers, superb duck hunting dogs, by the way.The breeder we got him from's husband also Hunts. The breeder recomended a dog food called Euka Nuba. It had protiens, fatty acids, and all that. I'd recomend that, it gives my dog Finny a lot of energy, and is healthy too.

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-19-2001, 11:43 AM
Hello Brook.

I do not know much about Brittanies and what food would be best for her/ him since you are a hunter. I just wanted to welcome you to Pet Talk. I am sure someone here will be able to help you. The pettalkers here are from different walks of life and have a multitude of dog breeds.

Good luck, and once again, Welcome!

kobieeli
09-19-2001, 11:57 AM
Hi Brook, and welcome!

Although I don't know anything about hunting dogs' diets or Brittanies specifically, we did recently have a long thread going about everyone's dog's primary food. Many of us here feed Innova (myself included!) and are really happy with it. It's my impression that Innova is pretty high in fat and protein compared to a lot of other kibbles; my dogs seem to find it rich and need to eat far less of it than their previous ProPlan.

Check out this link if you want to look at all the replies and info on food, or just scroll down a ways in the "Health" category:
petoftheday.com/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=000172

[ September 19, 2001: Message edited by: kobieeli ]

Brook
09-19-2001, 12:11 PM
I did find that thread. Thanks!
Brook

Dixieland Dancer
09-19-2001, 12:23 PM
Hi Brook! Welcome to Pet Talk. I have Golden Retrievers and my female is a hunting companion. She has been on Innova for years and I don't have a need to switch her to anything else. It is one of the best dog foods you can get as far as proteins, fatty acids, it also has pribotics included. Everyone always comments on how nice my dogs coats are.

My female, Dixie, has an Aunt who was on a different premium dog food and her coat looked flat and lifeless. I saw her the other day after about 4 months and was amazed at the difference since she started eating the Innova too! She was absolutely beautiful!

Rottie
09-23-2001, 02:50 PM
No one dog food is the best for all dogs. I would keep your dog on whatever she seems to do best on, which in your case seems to be the Innova.