PDA

View Full Version : I'm Finished!...No More Radiation Treatments

RobiLee
10-17-2003, 06:01 PM
Woo Hoo!

Hello All...That's right. I am finally finished with treatments. I am so happy and the feeling of relief is tremendous. Last night when I was on here and typing in that I had just one more to go...that feeling of relief really hit me hard and I just started crying. Its like I felt like I could breathe again and relax and I could truly feel how tired my body was and my emotions just took over and I had a good cry. It has been a long haul. From when I first started having symptoms to the end of my treatments I think it has been about 1 1/2 years. The last 3 months have included 2 surgeries and 28 radiation treatments and now I am finally finished. I don't have to go back and see the doctor for a whole month. You have no idea how nice that sounds to me. A whole month without seeing any doctors, nurses, needles or hospital! Gee, I won't know what to do!!!

Now, I have to send out a great big thanks to all of you. THANK YOU , THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! You people have no idea how much you have helped me out. Pet Talk has just been the greatest thing for me. I have spent alot of time here over the past 3 months. It has helped me so much to come here and talk about what is going on with me and to have people actually respond to my threads and wish me well and give me encouragement has truly been amazing. I LOVE Pet Talk!! I definitely could not have done this without the support of my entire family and you people here at Pet Talk.

Now that things will be calming down for me, I am hoping to spend more time responding to other people's threads instead of talking about myself...lol. Of course I will also be telling Katie stories and posting pics of her. It has been so long since I have sent any pics of Katie out. I haven't even taken any lately. I need to get busy...lol.

Ok, that's enough...I'm done now. Once again, Thank you all so much!!

Hugs to all of you....Robin :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-17-2003, 06:06 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you Robin!!! Such a special time in your life right now. Congrats, I am so excited!

CamCamPup33
10-17-2003, 06:08 PM
:D Robin that is great news.. Im so glad that your done! such a relief! and plenty of relief from you too! Now that your done get out that camera and snap snap away! yes you do need to get busy!! :p

{{hugs}}

great news!! :D

-Amber

Aspen and Misty
10-17-2003, 06:11 PM
http://www.cutefamilypets.com/graemlins/yipee1.gif http://www.cutefamilypets.com/graemlins/clap.gif http://www.cutefamilypets.com/graemlins/smiliegroup.gif

YAY!!!!! What a HUGE acomplishment this is for you!!!!! http://www.cutefamilypets.com/graemlins/baila.gif

http://www.cutefamilypets.com/graemlins/olaola.gif

::hugs:: How proud of yoruself you must be, and how proud of you I am!

http://www.cutefamilypets.com/graemlins/hug2.gif
Ashley

Miss Meow
10-17-2003, 06:22 PM
Congratulations!

I hope you enjoy every minute of this month without doctors! ;) You have been truly inspiring :)

RobiLee
10-17-2003, 06:24 PM
WOW...You guys respond quick!! See what I mean. Love Ya!!
I have a huge smile on my face right now!!!

Thanks...Robin :D

mugsy
10-17-2003, 06:26 PM
Oh icing on my birthday cake!!! Congrats!! I am so glad you're done and going to be ok!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-17-2003, 06:27 PM
You should, Robin! You have been SO brave. You are truly an inspritation to me, going through Radiation is amazing from what you have told us it feels like. You are a great woman, Robin. Awesome.

Kater
10-17-2003, 06:36 PM
WHAT A RELIEF!
And I agree with Meg that you have given us a great gift also! You're inspiring story heartens me as my father is struggling with Leukemia right now and may have to undergo chemo. soon.

But I can't wait to get to know more about who YOU are, Robin! I can't wait to read Katie stories and see Katie pictures and learn all about you and your family (skin & fur)! I'm looking forward to all the OTHER wonderful things you have to offer to the PT community!

CONGRATULATIONS ROBIN! HIP HIP HOORAY! HIP HIP HOORAY! HIP HIP HOORAY!

CamCamPup33
10-17-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
Oh icing on my birthday cake!!!

that made me laugh out loud! im not sure why though! :D Robin you should be happy you are so loved here! -cough- pictures -cough- ;) :p :D

GoldenRetrLuver
10-17-2003, 06:43 PM
Whoo Hoo! Yay! I'm *SO* happy for you! :D It must be such a relief. Your truly an inspiration. I would never be able to go through what you had to; your a brave person.

Congratulations!!! :):D

Foam
10-17-2003, 06:44 PM
Congrats, Robin!!!! :D

Aspen and Misty
10-17-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by RobiLee
WOW...You guys respond quick!!

well how can't we be?? This is the most exitting news we've all gotten in awile!!!

Ash

Uabassoon
10-17-2003, 07:17 PM
Congrats Robin!

dukedogsmom
10-17-2003, 07:19 PM
Woo hoo! Let's celebrate! I didn't realise you went through so much in the last 3 months. You must be a very strong person. I'm sure you're looking forward to conducting life in a more normal fashion. And yes, we want pics of Katie! Enjoy not having doctor visits for a while.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/clwnflrs.gif

KYS
10-17-2003, 07:22 PM
YA!!!! Woo WOo WOOOOOO's!!!!

I am so glad for you and also very proud of you too .
Could not have heard better news today.

Hugs Karen

joycenalex
10-17-2003, 08:33 PM
hurray! hurray! hurray! congrats!

rg_girlca
10-17-2003, 08:43 PM
Oh Robin, I am so happy for you. You have been through so much this past year. I'm glad that we were all able to help you through the good and the bad times.

Here's to a very very long and healthy life my dear.

Getting up from my chair to go and do the Happy Happy, Joy Joy Dance now.

moosmom
10-17-2003, 09:03 PM
RobiLee,

Your post brought tears to my eyes. I am SO proud of you!!!!! Can't wait till Sunday. We'll have REAL cause to celebrate!

HUGE HUGS!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))

Donna

carole
10-18-2003, 01:17 AM
Robin this is the BEST NEWS EVER ,you know I am so happy for you, and you better go out and get that bracelet , you have well earned it for sure my friend.

You are in my daily thoughts, and I wish you the best for the days ahead, Take care of yourself, and give yourself some well deserved pampering, and enjoy the PT meeting!!!!!!:)

P.S It is time to crack open the bubbly!!!

popcornbird
10-18-2003, 03:57 AM
WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

You don't know how happy your post made me! WONDERFUL WONDERFUL news! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations! :D

Health is truely a blessing that one should never take forgranted, and I'm certain your health means more to you than the world, especially after all that you've gone through! Enjoy not having to go to the docs in a while, and take care of yourself!

{{{Hugs}}}

:D

10-18-2003, 04:23 AM
WOOHOO!!!
This is such wonderful news, Robilee! I am soooo happy for you! You and your family must be very proud of what you accomplished! I wish for you that you will never ever have to go through something like this again!!
GOOD LUCK ROBILEE!!!

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-18-2003, 04:34 AM
I am so happy that the treatment is behind you now! Your positive attitude is an inspiration to us all. (Makes me ashamed to think of the trivial things I complain about - compared to what you have been going through!)

(((HUGS))))

PayItForward
10-18-2003, 07:17 AM
Great news Robin :D

Enjoy this month free of medical people/places, you really deserved a break.

Hug your girl and post some photos ;)

What about icecream? I think a celebration isn't complete without iceream (Strawberry cheesecake or Cookie Dough Mmmmm)

Love Jenny

lovemyshiba
10-18-2003, 10:46 AM
Yay!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so happy for you!!!!!!
No go out and spoil yourself some more!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D

gini
10-18-2003, 12:06 PM
Exactly as Ally has mentioned - you really are an inspiration for us all. I had no idea that you have endured surgeries as well as regular radiation treatments.

It is alright if you talk about yourself - you deserve to do that and all of us have learned something through you.

Spoil yourself rotten - do some of the things that you have been putting off.

Most of all wrap your arms around yourself and give yourself a big hug - because you are amazing.

Karen
10-18-2003, 12:10 PM
Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay!

Okay, who is gonna give Robin a big hug from me on Sunday? Any volunteers? :) Katie? Oh, yes, Katie, dear, congratulations to you, too, for being a good distraction all these months. Those times you were a little, um. naughty - that was just to distract Momma, right? ;)

pitc9
10-18-2003, 12:17 PM
I think all of us are going to want to hug her when we see her tomorrow!!!

Congrats Robilee.......... can't wait to celebrate tomorrow!!!

luckies4me
10-18-2003, 12:43 PM
I have tears in my eyes for you! How wonderful! Gosh I am so ecstastic for you, I can imagine the joy you are feeling now. Go out and celebrate, take a nice long walk with Katie and then come back and shower Pet Talk with your beautiful fur-kid. You truly are an inspiring women. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-18-2003, 12:52 PM
A BIG
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
The cats are doing a happy dance in your honor!
(Leonardo watch out for that lamp.... OOPS!):D

Albea
10-18-2003, 01:39 PM
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
That's great news! With best wishes for a future with good health and great happiness, I send you a big cyber hug.:D

HoRsELUvR
10-18-2003, 01:46 PM
That is really great!Congratulations on finishing the treatments!:D

ChrisH
10-19-2003, 09:46 AM
That is so great! I am SO happy for you! :D :D

Big, Big, Happy Hugs!:)

Chris

lynnestankard
10-19-2003, 10:56 AM
I'm sooooo happy for you Robin - such a strong lady too, I stand in awe. Continued good health is my wish for you - {{{{Hugs}}}} coming across the miles.

Lynne

shais_mom
10-19-2003, 05:08 PM
I am so happy for you Robilee, and I am so happy that you felt good enough to come to the park today!!
You looked great!! :)

tatsxxx11
10-19-2003, 05:14 PM
What wonderful, happy news, Robbi!!:) You're one strong and determined, awesome and inspirational woman!! Hugs, love and heartfelt wishes for continued good health!!! Woo hoo!!!:D

captain
10-19-2003, 06:18 PM
Robin,
FANTASTIC!!!!!!

So glad it is all over ......... now get out there and SHOP, girl, SHOP!!!

anna_66
10-19-2003, 07:48 PM
I must say, you looked terrific today, I'd never know that you had been through so much in the last year:D
I'm so glad you and hubby were able to come and bring your parents! I hope they had a good time too:)

4 Dog Mother
10-20-2003, 09:33 AM
Robin,

Congratulations on finally being done with the radiation treatments. You looked great yesterday. I hope each day makes you feel better and better as the after effects of the radiation wears off. You have been an inspiration to many of us and we thank you for sharing your story with us.

And we will all be looking forward to more pictures of Katie - what a cutie she is!!!

Kona & Oreo's mom
10-20-2003, 09:45 AM
Hooray! Congratulations, Robin.