PDA

View Full Version : Hello all, I am a cat mom and new to PT

uschka
10-17-2003, 10:04 AM
I have 2 cats, Roxxi a 12 yr old female tabby who is the love of my life and Angel a 5-month old stray black & white kitten. I can't keep Angel, since I am not supposed to have more than 1 cat where I live. I basically rescued her, socialized her, got her vacinated, etc. Just wanted to make sure she had a chance at a good life. I am in the process of adopting her out (to a safe, loving home) and it is breaking my heart.

Uschka
"Never met a cat I didn't love"

catland
10-17-2003, 10:23 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk. :D

That's so wonderful about what you've done for Angel. Even though its going to hurt terribly to see her leave, you'll always be able to comfort yourself by knowing that you are the reason that she is alive and out of danger.

Randi
10-17-2003, 11:14 AM
Welcome to PT! :) I'm so glad to hear you rescued little Angel and got her vaccinated etc. Yes, I bet it will be hard to let her go, but under the circumstances, it would be great if you can find her a loving home. Good luck!! :)

gini
10-17-2003, 11:16 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk. I hope you find the perfect home for Angel, even though it will be difficult to let her go. (maybe you could get visitation rights).

Killearn Kitties
10-17-2003, 11:16 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk!:) It's a wonderful thing you have done for Angel.

Do you have any pictures of her, or of Roxxi? We like pictures here!

jazzcat
10-17-2003, 11:22 AM
Welcome to PT!!

I'd love to see pictures of your kitties and I wish the best luck with finding Angel the perfect home. It's wonderful that you've helped her so much. Any way you can just hide the fact you have an extra cat? I know there are several people here that are way over their cat limit.

Sara luvs her Tinky
10-17-2003, 11:53 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk!!!

It is so wonderful what you are doing for Angel! If you can we would LOVE to see pictures of your cats!

:)

slick
10-17-2003, 12:04 PM
An open-armed warm welcome to Pet Talk. I'm owned by 2 cats, Max (Persian) who is 10 and Speckles (Tabby) who is 16. So you are another one of those "rescue people"?? I admire you. I would be in too much pain to adopt out a kitty that I rescued. Would love to see pictures :)

ramanth
10-17-2003, 12:39 PM
Welcome to PT!

I'm mom to two stray kitties and a dog. :)

It's a wonderful thing you did for Angel and I wish you luck in finding her a new home.

jenluckenbach
10-17-2003, 03:02 PM
Welcome to pet talk. You have done a wonderful thing for Angel. Best of luck finding her a new home. And tell us more about Roxxi.

catcrazylady
10-17-2003, 06:31 PM
Hello there and I can tell you that you are going to love it here! Everybody loves their cats!! I'm in heaven here because I don't have to listen to a bunch of blah blah blah about why in the world I have 9 cats!!! We all understand what its like to be taken over by these little boogers while they steal your heart at the same time.
Good luck finding a wonderful home for Angel. If you can't find one I'm sure you can find a way to sneak her in and keep her!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Craftlady
10-17-2003, 06:39 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk - Good luck in adopting Angel out to a good home :) We all love photos :D

Felicia's Mom
10-17-2003, 07:54 PM
Hello and welcome to Pet Talk. Hope you find a nice home for Angel.

stacwase
10-17-2003, 08:09 PM
Welcome, welcome, welcome! Sorry I'm so late to jump on the welcome wagon! I'm Stacey, and below are my four furkids. You'll love it here - it's an awesome place.

krazyaboutkatz
10-18-2003, 01:29 AM
Hi and welcome to Pet Talk. :D I'm so glad that you were able to care for Angel and give her a second chance at life. I hope you'll be able to find her a great loving forever home. :) I'm owned by 4 male cats which you can see in my signature. I'm only supposed to have 1 cat too but shhhh don't tell anyone. ;) I'm looking forward to hearing more about Roxxi and Angel and hopefully seeing some pics as well. :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-18-2003, 01:43 AM
Hi, and welcome to Pet Talk. Bless you for giving Angel such a great start in life, and good luck in finding her a wonderful forever home!

Looking forward to getting to know you and your furkids better! (By the way, we love photos - or has someone else mentioned that already!???)

K & L
10-18-2003, 07:39 AM
WELCOME!!! That is wonderful you're giving Angel a chance at a good life. I wish you the best of luck finding a purrrfect home!

lbaker
10-18-2003, 08:34 AM
Another welcome and thank you from all stray carekeepers and pet lovers. Anytime you need support, advise or just an ear - this is the place to come. We are a fun bunch, sometimes fiesty and often with conflicting opinions but always with the love for the furkids, or feathered kids - or finny or any others will shine through.

catmandu
10-18-2003, 09:56 AM
That is a shame , as Roxxi and Angel are pretty good friends! as they have been together for a while! And two of a kind beats one! We are praying that they get to stay together!

uschka
10-18-2003, 03:01 PM
I just posted this rather lengthy reply to all of you for making me so welcome and telling youb of my situation with little Angel. When I hit "Submit", I got the message that I wasn't logged in (???). I then logged in AGAIN and did not see my post.

I guess, if it didn't post and doesn't show up at a later time, I will have to type it all again.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

uschka
10-18-2003, 03:10 PM
Why are my posts to this thread not showing up? I submitted 2 of them and don't see them anywhere.

Any ideas?

shais_mom
10-18-2003, 11:07 PM
No idea why your posts aren't showing up. Sounds like a problem to PM to the head bunny, Karen.

I would love to see pics of your beautiful kitties. That is too bad that you can't keep Angel, but I know you will wait until you find the best home for her.
Welcome!!

uschka
10-19-2003, 12:00 AM
Thank you all again for all your welcomes and encouragement.

Angel actually should have been named Wild Child. I've never seen a wilder kitten. Her favorite toy is my broom - she attacks it every chance she gets.

There are numerous reasons why I cannot keep her - one of the most compelling ones is that she and Roxxi cannot stand each other. It is not just the hissing and growling, but Roxxi actually sounds like someone is trying to kill her when the two of them come face to face (separated by a gate). There are days where I feel like I am having a nervous breakdown (I am not kidding). I live in a tiny little condo (720 sq ft) and Angel is confined in my hallway with 2 gates at the end. It is so much trouble to leave my place that I've practically given up going anywhere.

I'm not able to show you any pictures, since I have an ancient computer and no digital camera.

Uschka :)

lbaker
10-19-2003, 08:36 AM
Don't let that keep you away Uschka, I've been here for a few years and still can't post pix :o That hasn't kept me away and enjoying others' pictures and at a few pettalk meetings I've had the benefit of having others post pix of me, but more importantly of one of my angel furkids Badger (Aussie mix when we went to a Pennsylvania meet). Maybe one of these days I too will figure it all out :D WELCOME

ChrisH
10-19-2003, 08:50 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk! :)
Wishing you good luck in finding the right furever home for Angel. And looking forward to hearing more about your kitty Roxxi too!:)