PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Help!

Amber
10-17-2003, 08:23 AM
I just went to pick up maggie and I felt something on her bum, since she is a long haired cat she had poop in her hair! So I got that all cut off. But the thing is she stinks now. really bad. I dont know what to do! Im tempted to give her a bath! its that bad. Any Ideas?? Does this happen to any of you long hair cat owners?? what do you do??

aly
10-17-2003, 08:37 AM
It happened to Shiloh a couple times, but I noticed it right away so she didn't have a stinky problem. Its not happened in a long time though.

If you give Maggie a bath, I'd get someone to help you. Usually it takes a small army to bathe a cat, hehe.

Amber
10-17-2003, 08:39 AM
hehehe, Thanks for the tip!

Craftlady
10-17-2003, 08:51 AM
Whenever that happens with our gang I just use wet towel or wet wash cloth and clean them up. No soap just warm water and once you get it all cleaned up no smell. :)

Amber
10-17-2003, 08:53 AM
Thankyou, I just got done cleaning Maggie up with warm water and a towel. I think she hates me now! lol

Craftlady
10-17-2003, 09:24 AM
Yep they don't like behind wipe time. :)

uschka
10-17-2003, 09:44 AM
My 12 year old cat Roxxi has to be wiped about 60% of the time after she poops. If I don't catch her right away, I am faced with "a real cleaning". She hates it, but always feels better so much afterwards. I use either unscented Baby Wipes or a wet cloth with a tiny bit of cat shampoo on it. She is an indoor cat and I never bathe her. She is also a fastidious groomer, but cannot reach her behind. :)

catmandu
10-17-2003, 09:46 AM
That happened with Mr Fluffy and Moose the Magnificent , so I put them , bottom first in the Laundry Tub downstairs , and That took care of matters!

trinity
10-17-2003, 11:21 AM
We have that problem once in a while with both of our long hairs. What I have done is either try to catch them and just wipe them off, or if it is beyond the just wiping stage, a quick wash off in the tub with some warm water works. They aren't happy but get over it quickly with a little bit of cuddling....also I found out that our vet with do a bottom shave and just cut the hair away from the "exit portal" and that works too. Just try not to snicker at them 'cause they look really silly with a bare butt....

slick
10-17-2003, 11:45 AM
EWWWWW, cling-ons!!! I'm so familiar with these. :D :D I keep Max's back end trimmed all the time to prevent them, and yes, I have to wipe him down sometimes too. Poor guy, it really takes his dignity away :(