PDA

View Full Version : Today is the day!

Tonya
10-17-2003, 08:08 AM
For you all that don't know...

Here is the other link http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35769

I am going to pick Kenneth up at the airport today. We have decided that since he only has a weekend, we are going to surprise Mike today. It would have been much cooler if we'd done it at the party, but it'll still be classic. He has no idea. My 6 year old son even kept the secret!

anna_66
10-17-2003, 08:11 AM
Your right, would have been cooler to do it at the party, but then they wouldn't have had as much time together.
Hope they have a blast, let us know:)

Foam
10-17-2003, 09:23 AM
Let us know how it goes!! That sounds just too fun! :D

Cataholic
10-17-2003, 10:12 AM
Hurry up and post the reactions!

Logan
10-17-2003, 11:07 AM
I think this is so sweet and so much fun!! I almost feel like we're right there with you, Tonya! Definitely fill us in on the reaction when you can!!! :)

gini
10-17-2003, 11:17 AM
What a fun surprise for your husband. We will be anxious to hear how it all turns out.

lovemyshiba
10-17-2003, 11:21 AM
I can't wait to hear the reaction!!!
Post and let us know whenever you can!!!!!

Aspen and Misty
10-17-2003, 03:24 PM
I can't wait to see how it all plays out!

Ash

Tonya
10-17-2003, 06:47 PM
OMG! It went good and bad. Traffic was horrible coming back from San Fransisco. I still needed to stop at the store to get a tape for the video camera, pick my son up from school, and drop my step mom back off at home because she'd came with me. I called my brother and asked him to call Mike and distract him for another hour.

Kenneth and I had planned on beating Mike home. Kenneth would sit on the couch with a mask on and just watch TV. He wouldn't say anything to Mike and everytime Mike would ask who it was I'd ignore him.

Anyways, so my brother called Mike and asked him to come over and look at his snowboard. We stop at my dad's house to drop off my stepmom. We were there for like 5 minutes and my brother and Mike show up! (my brother lives with my mom) Kenneth had his back to Mike and Mike recognized him right away from behind before I could hide him. They were both so excited! They were hugging eachother like little kids. So, it didn't go as planned, no video tape. But it was still classic. My son is really upset that he missed it all.

My brother didn't realize that I had my step mom with me, so he figured going to visit my dad was the best way to distract Mike.

Just to put a face with the story, here's Kenneth. He is 30 believe it or not. Looks really young!

Tonya
10-17-2003, 06:49 PM
ooops. I bite at posting pics. Let me try again.

mugsy
10-17-2003, 07:02 PM
Good God he looks like one of my 8th graders!! lol I'm so glad that it all went well even though it wasn't as planned.

rg_girlca
10-17-2003, 08:56 PM
Wow. I just finished reading everything that was to happen.

I'm sorry it didn't turn out as you planned, but still, what a great birthday present for your hubby. I'm sure he will be talking about it for days.

Boy there is no way Kenneth looks 30. If I didn't know I would give him around 20 or 21. BTW He is very good looking also.

Now, I would like to know how your hubby reacted to you, knowing you did this for him. You don't have to go into great details though.;) :D

dukedogsmom
10-18-2003, 06:20 AM
I am sorry it didn't go as planned. We were hoping to see pics and all. But, I know how you feel. We were going to surprise my mom for her retirement and she got there early, even before us. But, it was still fun. Glad they got to spend some time together.

Cincy'sMom
10-18-2003, 08:26 AM
You can send him to my house as a surprise for any weekend...I always wanted a cute house boy ;) My husband wouldn't mind...too much

Sorry things didn't go as planned. Sounds like they will have a nice reunion. What a great gift!!!

CamCamPup33
10-18-2003, 08:45 AM
AW sorry it didnt go as planned.. i need to go back and read the whole other thread now.. im lost.. :p