PDA

View Full Version : Texas meeting (10/31-11-1 weekend)

micki76
10-16-2003, 09:00 PM
Is everyone still on for the Texas meeting? I know Aly and Rottieluver45 and PJ’s Mom will be there since y’all live there, but any other takers?

Auggie? Dakotas Mommy? ParNone?

Anyone else from the cat side?

Where and when are we meeting? I know that Friday Chester and I are going to Aly’s shelter for the trick or treating and photos. But what are our plans for Saturday? Do we have any?
Sorry, I’m one of those people that likes to have set plans and I’m getting very antsy about the meeting cause we don’t have any! :eek:

Are we going to have a picnic and all bring food? Or are we just going to meet up somewhere and (God forbid! :eek: ) wing it?

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!

Aly - does your shelter have a website?

aly
10-16-2003, 09:02 PM
Par may or may not be there - she has to play it by ear.

The shelter's website:
http://www.austinspca.com

I was just going to message you on AIM and say we need to come up with a plan. The pups are crying now so I'll be back soon!

micki76
10-16-2003, 09:20 PM
Ohhhh good. Plans. My favorite word! :D

Yeah, the last time I talked to Par, she was unsure because of her mother. I’ll Pm her and see if she can make it.

Checking out your shelter now. ;)

OH!!!!! Angel!!! I want her!!! She’s coming home with me if she’s still there in two weeks!!!!!!

YOU HAVE DACHSHUND PUPPIES!!???!!!

I gotta get off yur site now… Hubby’s lurking behind me. :D I’d rather surprise him when I come home with a new doggie! :D

PJ's Mom
10-17-2003, 10:47 AM
So that's how you get hubby to agree to get another dog?! :o I've been going about it all wrong this whole time. :D

micki76
10-17-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
So that's how you get hubby to agree to get another dog?! :o I've been going about it all wrong this whole time. :D

Oh yeah, that’s the only way to go! If it’s just presented to him, he falls in love before he can say no! Especially if they’re like Aneko and fall for him, too! :D

lovemyshiba
10-17-2003, 11:31 AM

That's how I got Riley here with us!! Went to the spca alone, called him from the car, he could hear whining and wimpering "what did you do?" was what he said, he looked at Riley, and couldn't resist:D

I hope you guys have fun at your meeting!!!!!!!

I just peeked at the site---I want Bashful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aly
10-18-2003, 05:46 PM
Micki -

Would you prefer an offleash or onleash park?

(This is my feeble attempt to start making plans, hehe)

micki76
10-18-2003, 05:51 PM
Doesn't matter to me. Whatever's nicer, but I will keep Chester on the leash, since I trust as far as I can throw him. Wait that makes no sense. LOL.
I don't trust him at all off leash, but we'll be ok.

BTW - still have the dachshunds?

aly
10-18-2003, 06:16 PM
I haven't seen any Dachshund pups in, but we do have 3 Rat Terriers, a Manchester Terrier, and 2 Boston Terriers currently :)

Rottieluver45
10-18-2003, 08:19 PM
Hi!! :D

I pmed some people about the meeting and asked if they were coming.

Micki76, what time are you going. We`ll probably be there around 5:30 or 6:00.(the Shelter)

There`s this park that I live by and you can have your dogs off the leash here`s the site:
http://www.austinexplorer.com/hiking/Hillcountry/RattanCreek/

Where it says:"Getting There" At the bottom of the paragraph it says it`s on the right(it is, but that`s the activities part). Well right across the street there is a HUGE open field that I see people w/ there dogs out there all the time. And since I live near it Thelmer woud DEFINATLEY be there.

mugsy
10-18-2003, 08:44 PM
Have fun you guys!! Aly, if I could Buckingham and Spanky would come home with me.

micki76
10-18-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by aly
I haven't seen any Dachshund pups in, but we do have 3 Rat Terriers, a Manchester Terrier, and 2 Boston Terriers currently :)

Hmm...They were on the site before and now they're gone. Guess they were adopted. :)

Rottie - I'll probably be at the shelter around the same time. I can't remember what times the paw-tee begins and ends...

aly
10-18-2003, 10:22 PM
Its from 3-7. We took out some of the activities we were going to have because of liability. Like, we were going to do 'Bobbing for Weenies', but got scared there might be some scuffles over the food, etc. There will be pictures for sure, but I'm not sure what else beyond that now :( I'm getting Reece, Lolly, Shiloh, and Skylar's pics taken at about 3pm, then I'm taking them home and coming back to the shelter with my little babies Peka and Sterling. So I'll be back by 4pm and will stay until the end.

Micki - what days/times do you have family things planned?

micki76
10-18-2003, 10:49 PM
The only time I actually have plans with family is Thursday and Friday night. Football night and dinner. :) And of course, we're going to try to get our dogs to get along! Ha!! They have a menagerie of animals, too so it should be interesting. They have mutt, a (big) Boston, and a Min Pin.

Yeah, the Bobbing for Weenies could get nasty. I see their point.

aly
10-18-2003, 10:57 PM
You will have to call my cell when you're on the way to the shelter so I can be sure to watch out for you and Chester. I'll have to show you my babies before you leave!!

On Saturday, do you guys want to take picnic type food? Doesn't have to even be anything big. Maybe just some people and doggie snacks. I'd like to go to a park with restrooms ... maybe McKinney Falls or something.

micki76
10-18-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by aly
You will have to call my cell when you're on the way to the shelter so I can be sure to watch out for you and Chester. I'll have to show you my babies before you leave!!

On Saturday, do you guys want to take picnic type food? Doesn't have to even be anything big. Maybe just some people and doggie snacks. I'd like to go to a park with restrooms ... maybe McKinney Falls or something.

McKinney Falls sounds nice. Picnic food will work. Do they have grills and tables and stuff?

Get back on AIM and we can discuss!

Rottieluver45
10-19-2003, 04:10 PM
So to summarize it:

We(Aly,micki, and me) should meet at the shelter on the 31st around 5:30. Then the next day we should meet around _______ o`clock, at McKinney Falls. (All of us) or(some of us) will bring some snacks for ourselves and (All of us) or (some of us) will bring some treats for the Dogs/pets. Is that right?

BTW: Where is McKinney Falls?

Are we gonna meet on Sunday too? If so where and what time?

Auggie might come I have to talk to her a little more. And I pmed some other people but they haven`t responded yet.

micki76
10-19-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Rottieluver45
So to summarize it:

We(Aly,micki, and me) should meet at the shelter on the 31st around 5:30. Then the next day we should meet around _______ o`clock, at McKinney Falls. (All of us) or(some of us) will bring some snacks for ourselves and (All of us) or (some of us) will bring some treats for the Dogs/pets. Is that right?

BTW: Where is McKinney Falls?

Are we gonna meet on Sunday too? If so where and what time?

Auggie might come I have to talk to her a little more. And I pmed some other people but they haven`t responded yet.

Pretty definite plans, huh? LOL.

Here's the info Aly posted before about McKinney Falls:

McKinney Falls State Park 3 and a half paws
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/park/mckinney/mckinney.htm

(I've been to this one once. I really liked it, but there are no offleash areas)

- 3 mile paved walking trail
- 3/4 mile natural walking path
- dogs not allowed in water
- 3 mile mountain bike trail
- restrooms
- $2 per person entry fee
- open 8am - 10pm

I'm leaving Sunday, so I can't do anything that day. :(

What time would be good for everyone on Saturday?

Rottieluver45
10-19-2003, 07:50 PM
Not too early...I looked up McKinney falls on mapquest and it`ll take us about 40 min. to get there.

What pets are coming? PJ and Bailey might come, but right now we aren`t sure. They don`t really seem to get along w/ other dogs, so we're gonna see how they act around the other dogs at the shelter and if they do ok, then we`ll probably take them. But if the dogs do go then Thelmer probably won`t. She might not come b/c the park is so far away. Aly, do you know if the park allows rabbits on the fields?

micki76
10-19-2003, 11:32 PM
Would you prefer another park? I'm ok with any place. The one you listed is fine with me, and it sounds a lot closer. I'm not picky; either or is fine :) I'd prefer a park that's completely fenced in in case I have any trouble with Chetser, but its not totally necessary, since I don't really plan on letting him off the leash.

aly
10-19-2003, 11:44 PM
Yeah, I can go to any of these parks anytime, so I am leaving the park selection totally up to you all! McKinney Falls is pretty but maybe we should just go somewhere close. I do think restrooms are important though .. well depending on how long we want to stay. Do you guys wanna go to Groovy Dog Bakery later in the day after the park? Then maybe meet at someone's house in the evening?

Whatever you guys want is cool with me!

wolf_Q
10-19-2003, 11:52 PM
Ok so who's stopping by Utah to pick me up? ;) :p

micki76
10-19-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by aly
Yeah, I can go to any of these parks anytime, so I am leaving the park selection totally up to you all! McKinney Falls is pretty but maybe we should just go somewhere close. I do think restrooms are important though .. well depending on how long we want to stay. Do you guys wanna go to Groovy Dog Bakery later in the day after the park? Then maybe meet at someone's house in the evening?

Whatever you guys want is cool with me!

Yeah, pottys would be nice. (bladder problem)

I'd LOVE to go to the bakery and then maybe to hmmm... I don't know...

ALY'S HOUSE to meet her family of doggies and kitties!!!!!

Miss Meow
10-20-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q

I'll pick you up on the way! ;)

micki76
10-20-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q

Just a teensy bit out of the way there Amy! :D

PJ's Mom
10-20-2003, 03:50 PM
Micki, you're only bringing Chester? What about all the rest? :eek: :D I was gonna bring the fish, but Rottie told me they weren't allowed at the park. :D

Wherever everyone wants to meet is fine with me. Rottie knows I'm not only mom, but taxi driver as well. :rolleyes: :D We just happen to live right in between two parks...5 minutes or less to both, but as I said, I'll go with the majority. :)

micki76
10-20-2003, 04:02 PM
Micki, you're only bringing Chester? What about all the rest? :eek: :D I was gonna bring the fish, but Rottie told me they weren't allowed at the park. :D

Oh yeah, 3½ hours of Millie screaming and whining and Aneko barking? No thanks. The only on that rides good is Chester, so it’s just me and him! I just hope he doesn’t make me look like a total fool at the park and the shelter. He’ll be a chicken at the shelter and probably at the park to. I hope.

PJ's Mom
10-21-2003, 09:13 AM
I'm sure Chester will be the perfect gentleman and make you proud. :D

Rottieluver45
10-21-2003, 06:20 PM
Aww! Dearest mother, You are not my taxi driver. Just think when I get my permit and then my license! GOODY!!!!

I like the plans so far and if my mummy is ok with it then I guess we`ll be there. BTW: I do wanna meet at aly`s house to meet everybody else!

Aly, is it ok if we got to your house?

Rottieluver45
10-22-2003, 12:28 PM
*Bump*

*Note* Could we move the park somewhere closer to us? It sounds REALLY selfish but We don`t really wanna have to go 40 mins. Maybe something a little closer. Please?

PJ's Mom
10-23-2003, 04:12 PM
Aww! Dearest mother, You are not my taxi driver. Just think when I get my permit and then my license! GOODY!!!!

:eek:

Dakota's Mommy
10-30-2003, 10:36 AM
Okay, as I'm considering coming, I need more info. Sounds like things are kind of still up in the air! I'm not sure with the way I've been feeling if I'll make it or not, but I'd love to. I just wish my husband was here to come with me! If I do come, I'll be bringing Sierra only probably. Destiny isn't so friendly with other dogs, especially on leashes, and I'm afraid Dakota will get over excited with meeting everybody and end up pulling me all over creation. Plus, Sierra needs the socialization the most. She seems to do fine with other dogs, never been agressive like Destiny is, but I can tell I need to be getting her socialized more! But, as I said, I need more details to even continue considering coming! So, please let me know! I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

aly
10-30-2003, 01:07 PM
I was trying to catch micki last night to iron out the details, but I missed her. She is leaving for Austin today. She, Rottieluver (& mom) and I are meeting at my shelter tomorrow for Halloween pics of the dogs. Then on Saturday afternoon, we'll be going to a park, the dog bakery, and either my house or micki's hotel. After I talk to them tomorrow at my shelter, I can post the park information.

PM me if you want my cell number or anything! I really hope you can make it! It will be fun!!!!!

micki76
10-30-2003, 01:48 PM
Actually, I'm not leaving until tomorrow :( , but I'll be there early! :)

Hope you can make it Christy!

popcornbird
10-30-2003, 02:53 PM

LOL! :eek:

Have fun everyone, and be sure to tell us all about it!

Rottieluver45
10-30-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
LOL! :eek:

Have fun everyone, and be sure to tell us all about it!

Hey!!!

Dakota's Mommy, I hope you can make it! Travel safe Micki and see ya tomorrow! You too Aly! :D

aly
10-30-2003, 11:41 PM
micki -

my obedience class is cancelled Sat morning, so I can meet earlier of you want to. Its up to you though!

Rottie - you're coming at 1pm?

PJ's Mom
10-31-2003, 08:57 AM
We'll be there whenever you two want to meet. It doesn't matter. :)

Rottie is so excited about this, she can't stand it. :D

aly
10-31-2003, 01:03 PM
Hey, if you all make it to the shelter a little past 5:30 this evening, that would work a little better for mel. I am meeting one of my foster puppy's adopters there at 5:30 and will be busy with that for maybe 20-30 min because they are getting her picture taken too. But if you're there at 5:30 too, I'll just have some juggling to do :)

PJ's Mom
10-31-2003, 03:57 PM
It's going to depend on how bad traffic is on 183. Either way, the doggies and kitties will keep us busy. :D

Rottieluver45
10-31-2003, 08:08 PM
Hi...Sorry! We got lost on our way. :D It`s stupid...we know but we got there in time to get pictures taken, but I didn`t see you. I asked for you and the lady said she paged you but you might not be there. O well. Did you and Micki come up w/ some plansabout the meeting??

aly
10-31-2003, 08:46 PM
What time were you guys there??? I stayed til 7. Thats funny that I missed you cause I was hanging around up front almost the whole time.

Micki didn't make it to the shelter, but she called me. I am going to call her back soon to make plans.

My only preference is a park with restrooms.

I am going to the store before we meet to get some human snacks, dog snacks, and ice. I'll try to remember to gather some dog bowls too in case the doggies get thirsty.

Rottieluver45
10-31-2003, 09:40 PM
We got there about 6:30 and it took us forever to get the dsogs to hold still so when we left it was 7:00.

So we`ll (me and my mummy) meet at the park around 1:00 right?
Have you called her yet? I`m soooooo sorry if I`1ve seemed really pushy about plans, but I`m SO excited! I`m dissapointed we didn`t meet at the shelter, but hey, hopefully we won`t get lost tomorrow and we`ll meet! :D

BTW: Are you gonna bring your foster puppy? One of them got adopted, right?

aly
10-31-2003, 10:24 PM
I was there at that time! Did you see a crate covered with a blanket near the table where you pay? Those were my puppies in there!!!!!!! I think I missed you because I was helping my friend with her dogs at around 6:40 or so.

I will have both my puppies with me. They are still too young to be adopted so you can meet them both :) I am going to meet micki at 11am at her hotel so she can follow me in my car so we should definately be to the park by noon. So you guys can come around that time or you can wait til 1:00!

I will PM you mine and micki's cell phone numbers.

By the way, which park are you guys going to? Hehee.

aly
11-01-2003, 09:40 AM
Caught a dog at the grocery store so I'm running a little late. Maybe closer to 1pm will work better afterall.

I'm planning on Mckinney Falls unless I hear differently from you guys!

See ya soon!

Cincy'sMom
11-01-2003, 10:38 AM
Have fun today!!!

Rottieluver45
11-01-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by aly
Caught a dog at the grocery store so I'm running a little late. Maybe closer to 1pm will work better afterall.

I'm planning on Mckinney Falls unless I hear differently from you guys!

See ya soon!

We were planningh on going to Bull District Park or whatever it`s called but we can go to McKinney falls. You`re probably not on now, but did you decide who`s house we`re going to?

I`ll call your cell when we get to the park.

aly
11-01-2003, 05:56 PM
I thought Bull Creek would have too many other dogs for poor Chester. I hope Mckinney Falls was okay. It was great meeting you all! I hope PJ is enjoying his hedgie :D I will upload and post pics soon.

aly
11-01-2003, 07:05 PM
I'm still uploading pics, but had to post this one :D

Everybody's dogs look so pretty, then there's my scraggly Reece boy in dire need of a haircut :o

http://rescuedpaws.com///groupshot.jpg

Aspen and Misty
11-01-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by aly
I'm still uploading pics, but had to post this one :D

Everybody's dogs look so pretty, then there's my scraggly Reece boy in dire need of a haircut :o

http://rescuedpaws.com///groupshot.jpg

MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE :eek: :D :p

Ashley

Rottieluver45
11-01-2003, 09:30 PM
It was SOOOO much fun! I loved meeting you and Micki! And of course Chester, Reece, Lolly, Sterling and Mocha! Sterling is sooooo cute! He`s such a cute puppy! Mocha is just as cute! Did you and Micki do anything after we split?

aly
11-01-2003, 09:33 PM
Nope, micki had to go meet her cousin (and take a shower - hehe!)

Go look in Dog General!!! :D

Rottieluver45
11-01-2003, 10:19 PM
OMG!!! You got great pictures!! We could never get a picture of Peej that good!!

We`ll probably upload ours tomorrow!

GREAT PICS!!!!

PJ's Mom
11-01-2003, 11:15 PM
For those of you who didn't know this already, Aly and Micki are two of the nicest people in the whole world. ;)

Their dogs are pretty cool, too. ;) :D I really wanted Reece to come home with us, but in the end, he chose to go home with his mom. :( :) Rottie would've taken Sterling in a heartbeat. :D Chester was the big baddie, ( :D ) and Lollie is a very pretty girl.

The dogs slept the whole way home. They were exhausted! :)

aly
11-01-2003, 11:50 PM
You guys were all a delight to spend the afternoon with!

My dogs are sTILL sleeping and the puppies have been unusually quiet. They're all pooped out!

Dakota's Mommy
11-04-2003, 11:39 AM
Sorry I didn't make it! I really wanted to. I didn't have a chance to get online with all the craziness at work on Friday and I can't get on at home so I was too sketchy with the details of when and where people were meeting so I didn't travel to Austin. Hopefully things will work out better for me to join in on the fun next time you all get together in Texas. Especially once my husband gets home! Glad to hear everybody had fun though!

PJ's Mom
11-04-2003, 02:26 PM
We were hoping you would make it. :(

Oh well. Just tell us when you're available, and we'll have a special meeting just for you. :D

Rottieluver45
11-04-2003, 08:38 PM
We were hoping you would make it. :(

Oh well. Just tell us when you're available, and we'll have a special meeting just for you. :D

I`ll make sure we all remember that!!! Muahahahaha!