PDA

View Full Version : Pug Health Question

nsweezie
06-06-2001, 02:31 PM
My sister has a pug who recently had a skin infection that required Pugsley going on antibiotics for a week.
My question is to anyone else who has a wrinkly dog of some sort - how can you prevent these infections in the wrinkles of the skin?
Pugsley is bathed regularly and we are very careful to make sure that she is completely dry.
Has anyone else had a problem like this? The vet did say that it can be a problem with breeds like pugs.

Daisy's Mom
06-06-2001, 07:36 PM
I am sure the pug owners will be of more help than I am, but I once saw a show on Sharpeis and it said that when washing a wrinkly dog like that, you have to make sure to wash the wrinkles out very well and dry them totally because mold could grow in there! Ew! I own a Basset Hound and I scrub her winkles well and then towel dry them, and we have never had any skin problems. Also, how often do you bathe Pugsley? Too many baths can dry out the skin and lead to problems. Hope this helps!

nsweezie
06-07-2001, 02:16 PM
Pugsley gets a bath about once every 2 weeks. Although she doesn't get very dirty, she tends to smell a bit http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/wink.gif .
She is feeling alot better today, the antibiotics are working, and her appetite is back.

PetsRule
06-14-2001, 08:42 PM
We don't have problems like that with our pug, but we figured out that he is allergic to grass. he scraches his ears and they swell up and they bleed. It is gross. We have to clean his ears a lot. The vet gave us some special stuff for his ears. Ear cleaner.
Maybe your pug is allergic to something too. Maybe you can have your dog treated to see if your dog is allergic to something also.
also it may be the shampoo that you use for your dog. That may be the problem. Or did you get the shampoo from your vet?
My dog also has gas problems!!!!!! Stinky! He is siting next to me and he farted and it stinks!
You can ask your vet to treat him to see if your pug is allergic to something.
Does your pug snort? Or snore? Does your pug have any of the same problem my dog has.
My pug ran away, but now he is found! He ran away for 5 days. For the whole story you can go to dog breeds and go to one of my folder things.
Hope this helps! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

------------------
Emma
~*My House Is Not A Home Without A Hound*~
*~*You do not own a dog but the dog does own you*~*

PetsRule
07-19-2001, 03:47 PM
Is your dog ok????