PDA

View Full Version : News about the breakin

stacwase
10-16-2003, 06:40 PM
Remember when I told you about the guy breaking in our house and our dogs waking us up and not letting him move?

Well - it turns out he wasn't just a drunk who accidentally came home to the wrong house, like we so naively assumed. We found out today that he doesn't live anywhere remotely near our neighborhood - he lives in a town a few miles from here.

And since he wasn't robbing us I can't come to any other conclusion than that he was here to hurt somebody - most likely our 16-year-old daughter.

The more I think about it, the scarier it gets. Thank God for the dogs - especially Jake. Max would have killed him if he'd tried anything, but Jake's the one who woke everybody up. When we got downstairs, he was close to the staircase, and now I think he was probably getting ready to go up them.

Those doors are never going to be unlocked again.

Amber
10-16-2003, 06:44 PM
Oh My! I never knew this happened to you. That must have been terrifing!! Goodboy Jake, Goodboy Max!

primabella
10-16-2003, 06:59 PM
OMG I think I missed something. How terrifiying!! :eek: Thank God you had your angels there to protect you!

Kater
10-16-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by stacwase
And since he wasn't robbing us I can't come to any other conclusion than that he was here to hurt somebody - most likely our 16-year-old daughter.

Oh no! How scary! :(
THANK GOODNESS for Jake and Max!!!

wolfsoul
10-16-2003, 10:20 PM
Woo hoo, Jake is a hero! :) Good thing nothing bad happened! How would he have known about your daughter? Ooh, maybe I shouldn't even ask. The possibilites are frightening! :eek: You don't think he could be a stalker or something, do you?

And I always want to whack the owners who make their pets get surgery to take out their vocal cords so they can't make noise. I always say it may cost them in the long run. What if someone breaks in, or there's a fire? Barks are good for something! I guess you found that out! :)

G.P.girl
10-16-2003, 10:40 PM
scary!!!
i guess i missed somthing:confused: it's so nice to have pets than protcet you in the house. it makes me feel alot safer just knowing they are there..

tomkatzid
10-17-2003, 01:38 AM
In the Seattle area there have been a rash of home invasion type robberies where they come into your house while you sleep and come to your bed and stick a gun in your face. I assured Katz that there is NO WAY that is happening to us with our dogs, as soon as they mess with a door or window these girls will go off! The new girl Lucee seems really protective, so we are covered. Here's to all our canine protectors, good job Max and Jake!!!!!!....tom

stacwase
10-17-2003, 07:23 AM
We live in a very small town, and the town that he's from is close to our town. My daughter is unusually attractive. I think he may have seen her. He was in a bar here in town before he came over here, so we're thinking about going to that bar and talking to one of the bartenders who we're friends with to find out more about him.

We didn't even press charges - we'are so stupid, we just assumed it was an accident. But the cops caught him right after he broke into somebody elses house, and those people did press charges. He got 14 days in jail and probation and a $750 fine.

I just can't even imagine what would have happened if he had made it up the stairs. Thank God for the dogs.

Tonya
10-17-2003, 08:05 AM
We live in a very small town, and the town that he's from is close to our town. My daughter is unusually attractive. I think he may have seen her. He was in a bar here in town before he came over here, so we're thinking about going to that bar and talking to one of the bartenders who we're friends with to find out more about him.

I would! I'd let the bartender know what happens. That is so scary. I am very glad that the dogs stopped him.

anna_66
10-17-2003, 08:06 AM
I remember you telling us about that, too scarry! I'd be making sure those new locks you put on are in use all the time now!

lovemyshiba
10-17-2003, 11:25 AM
Oh Thank God for Jake and Max!!!!!!

I guess you'll never know what his intentions were, and the more you imagine, the scarier it gets. Fortunately, you have 2 angels there to protect the family.

Big hugs for Jake and Max!!!!
Keep those doors locked!!!

I don't know how far someone would get in our house--Riley's hearing is so good, he is always the first to hear something, but all he has to do is let out a little huff, and the other 3 are all going. Riley would probably lick an intruder to death, but Kito wouldn't let anyone in--no way. I'm assuming Jada would protect us as well, she sleeps at the bottom of the bed or by the door, always on alert.

Foam
10-17-2003, 11:48 AM
Oh my gosh!! That is just too scary..:eek: :eek:
It's such a releif to find out that you all are okay.

Thank the lord for Jake and Max!! Jake's a HERO! :D **hugs to the dogs** :)

stacwase
10-17-2003, 11:58 AM
Yes - Jake is our hero. He knows it, too - his attitude has changed since the breakin! He's all cocky and doesn't take anything from Max.

micki76
10-17-2003, 12:19 PM
We’ve had a lot of home invasion here, too. The most recent was a 60+ year old woman who the thieves tied up and put in the trunk of her Cadillac. They told her they were taking her to the country to kill her. Well, she worked her hands free and pulled the escape latch in her trunk. She jumped out of the car going 45 mph+! She had been beaten and was hurt fairly badly by the escape, but she’s alive!

CamCamPup33
10-17-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by stacwase
Yes - Jake is our hero. He knows it, too - his attitude has changed since the breakin! He's all cocky and doesn't take anything from Max.

LOL!! so wait he wasnt drunk in the wrong house he was just breaking in? how scary! im glad you are all safe! good boys max and jake! :D

ramanth
10-17-2003, 12:35 PM
You da man Jake!!

What a scary experience. :eek: I'm just glad the dogs were right there.

G.P.girl
10-17-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by tomkatzid
In the Seattle area there have been a rash of home invasion type robberies where they come into your house while you sleep and come to your bed and stick a gun in your face.

hmmmmm...very comforting...

10-18-2003, 06:22 AM
OMG, what a scary story :eek: !
Hurray for your dogs!!

they tried to break in here too, but didn't succeed. The lock was broken, but that is not that bad!!

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-18-2003, 06:44 AM
Thank goodness you are all safe, and your guardian angels protected you!

My mum and dad had a couple of breakins - the last one was during the night and they barricaded themselves into their bedroom. I keep telling them that this wouldn't happen if they had a dog - the criminals wouldn't even have gotten into the garden never mind the house, and the barking would have woken them.

I sometimes think I should just take matters into my own hands and get them a dog when I am back there for Christmas - a year old small or medium sized one from the shelter - my folks are too old and too houseproud to cope with a puppy.

But people always say you should never give a pet as a gift
:confused:

stacwase
10-18-2003, 08:20 AM
Yeah - I see what you mean about wanting to get them a dog. But that probably wouldn't work out. Too bad they're not dog people. Maybe you should introduce them to some nice dogs!

joycenalex
10-18-2003, 08:29 AM
can you go to the police and press charges now that you have more information about this guy?

CamCamPup33
10-18-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
Thank goodness you are all safe, and your guardian angels protected you!

My mum and dad had a couple of breakins - the last one was during the night and they barricaded themselves into their bedroom. I keep telling them that this wouldn't happen if they had a dog - the criminals wouldn't even have gotten into the garden never mind the house, and the barking would have woken them.

I sometimes think I should just take matters into my own hands and get them a dog when I am back there for Christmas - a year old small or medium sized one from the shelter - my folks are too old and too houseproud to cope with a puppy.

But people always say you should never give a pet as a gift
:confused:

That is the same with my nana! Shes had over 3 breakins in the last year at her house.. I tell her she needs a dog.. She knows but everytime me and my sister visit the shelter , see a dog that might be good for her and tell her about it she suddenly doesnt want it anymore..

It is wrong to give a pet for a present.. I mean thats my opionion but maybe you can just take them to the shelter and let them pick one out? :confused:

KYS
10-18-2003, 12:15 PM
Very scary!
I am so glad Jake was their.

I feel so much safer with the dogs around.