PDA

View Full Version : Attention Ohio Members

Cincy'sMom
10-16-2003, 03:37 PM
There are many counties in Ohio that still euthanize animals in horredous ways. Currently however, there is a Bill before the House of Representatives that will make it madatory for lethal injection to be the only means of euthanization, as it is the most humane way.

Please read the information below, or visit www.ohiohumaneeducation.org Then, if you agree, send a letter to your representative urging them to support this measure.
I received a sample letter along with this email and if anyone would like a copy, please let me know.

Thanks!

*********Permission to Cross Post Please! ************OCTOBER 16, 2003

"Make Your Voice Heard for the Voiceless Ohio Animals / H.B.#104"

To all rescues, animal welfare organizations and concerned citizens of the State of Ohio:

Please read carefully below and consider the action you can take which will make a difference for the voiceless victims who suffer daily in Ohio.

Below is the link to the House of Representatives for House Bill #104, introduced by Chris Redfern, Minority Leader in The House (D) District 80; that desperately needs everyone's support. We had the initial hearing for this bill 0n October 7, 2003. We are now preparing for the Proponent Testimony Hearing in favor of this bill (you are invited to attend), which will be amended to mandate Euthanasia by Injection (EBI) only for the state of Ohio. It will also make some much needed changes to the Ohio Revised Code.

Please after clicking on the link, go to:

Find your Representative: put in your zip code and up your Rep. will come. Then either call their office in Columbus, or in your own district, {the former being more effective}:

Ask: to speak to the Representative, or arrange a meeting with them. They are your Voice. They are paid with your tax dollars. Thus they are the Voice for the Animals.

Or you can simply write a letter of your support for this bill. Or consider doing both. Do not e-mail or send a fax. Call or send your correspondence in a professional manner, with your signature, address, etc.

Clearly say or state the Bill # 104, that it has had its first consideration in the Criminal Justice Committee, and that you are in deep support of it. Use your own experience to explain yourself: whether with rescuing, pet stores, puppy mills, overpopulation or back yard breeders. If writing, keep it to one page max.

Sign: Sincerely, or With Confidence, Leave 4 spaces for your signature (for after you print it) and then type your name, and title/ or concerned citizen of ____County or City of Ohio below.

You may also want to use this same letter to send to your County Commissioners, so they know you are supporting this proposal. If you can, get your Commissioners or Mayors to send letters to the statehouse as well. Make appointments to see them, tell them it’s urgent. There is no limit to our rights as citizens to demand reasonable action for these suffering companion animals.

{I will attach a sample letter for those who can open it, for those who cannot, please e-mail me if you need a sample letter, and I can cut and paste into an e-mail.}

Reminders I have learned: One should stay away from using form letters generally, because your Representative should understand your thoughts and concerns. Do not mention animal "rights", but always mention animal "welfare". We are up against the odds, so please do all you can to support this initiative for new legislation.

LINK To Find YOUR Representative : www.house.state.oh.us

If interested, you can also find out much information on this site, by navigating through it. I especially recommend reading "How a Bill Becomes a Law".

Thanks to all those who follow though by taking some type of action. These vital first few steps through the process of legislation cannot be underestimated. We are allowed to bring bus loads of supporters from all over the state, to come to stand in the House Hearing Room, and in front of The Ohio Statehouse as the Proponent Testimony is read. We have a dream, it’s now time for each of us to come forward. This is our dream for the animals.

I will make you aware of the date and time of the Proponent Testimony Hearing as soon as I get it. Don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have. (419) 346-0708. The news can come at anytime now. Thank you in advance for your consideration and participation for the animals.

*********Permission to Cross Post Please! ************