PDA

View Full Version : Another stupid question...

primabella
10-16-2003, 03:04 PM
I was wondering this last night (for some reason :p) and thought I would ask it since there have been some "silly" questions that were asked. So then I thought, "If they can get away with questions on how they eat their corn, I'll ask them this..." ;)

When you type, do you stare up at your screen or down at your keyboard? Or a bit of both?

I always look down on my keyboard, unless I know my fingers slipped and I made a typ-o or something. Sometimes I actually type out huge paragraphs to look up and see that nothing had been written because I hadn't clicked on the box to write. Or that everything was in caps. :o

So how about you guys? :cool:

Desert Arabian
10-16-2003, 03:09 PM
I look up at the screen all the time. Once in a while, I will glance down at the keys.

jenluckenbach
10-16-2003, 03:10 PM
A real typist can look at the screen.........with that said, I need to look at the keyboard.

lynnestankard
10-16-2003, 03:12 PM
I look at the screen too. :)

Lynne

micki76
10-16-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by primabella
Sometimes I actually type out huge paragraphs to look up and see that nothing had been written because I hadn't clicked on the box to write. Or that everything was in caps. :o

Oh, that makes me spittin’ mad when I do that! :mad:

Samantha Puppy
10-16-2003, 03:36 PM
Screen.

bluekat
10-16-2003, 04:50 PM
I'm not *that* good at typing yet, so I look at the keyboard. But I can type pretty fast if I look at the keyboard, but if I look on the screen, then I'm pretty slow:p

Cookiebaker
10-16-2003, 05:04 PM
At the screen. I almost never look down at my fingers unless I'm doing data entry at work with lots of the characters above the numbers.

cali
10-16-2003, 05:07 PM
well, all through elementery we were forced to take typing classes, I did horrable in everyone of them, I was not intrested in computers at the time, later I got my mom to show me how to use the computer and how to surf the net, it took me a while, but I found a message board, and joined, and I was a very slow and horrable typest, but people on other boards who I have been apart of since I started posting on boards have really noticed just how much my typing has improved. I still have to look at the keyboard though otherwise my figers go everywhere but where they are supposed to, and I definatly dont do the whole home row thing! that just makes my typing worse. I do look up at the screen regularly(after each word, or phrase) though. but see how long this has gotten? in less then 2 minuts? lol this would have taken me at least an hour when I first started typing! :eek:

binka_nugget
10-16-2003, 06:44 PM
Screen. I've done that "accidentally typed nothing out" sort of thing too.

Foam
10-16-2003, 06:51 PM
Gosh, I've done the type nothing thing ALOT. Lol :p
I do both..occasionaly I will look at the screen, which I'm doing right now, and I want to continue doing, but I used to look at the keyboard alot. :)

primabella
10-16-2003, 06:55 PM
lol I thought I was alone in the "type nothing out" thing. Ahh my own people ;)

I used to be such a slow typer and it took me forever to learn to type with both hands. After we got msn I got so used to typing things out quickly and the messageboards have helped too. Now I can use both hands and I type really fast. I know where each letter is also. I just can't stare up at the screen for a long time. My fingers get all fumbled up :p

Uabassoon
10-16-2003, 07:03 PM
I almost always look at the screen, however usually when I start typing I look at the keyboard to make sure my fingers are in the right places but then after that I look at the screen the whole time.

Felicia's Mom
10-16-2003, 07:40 PM
I look at both. I know the letters because I took typing in school. Have been very sure of the numbers though, so I do look at the keyboard for those.

Amber
10-16-2003, 07:45 PM
I do both!! :P I try to look yup at the screen and then look down

carole
10-16-2003, 07:49 PM
I alway's look at the screen , because I took typing at High School, we learn't to type blind, what I mean by that is you have a typing apron over your keyboard, so you cannot look at it , and that is how you learn.

So even though its a long time ago, and I am out of practice, the habit has stayed with me, also having your fingers on the right keys, it is like riding a bike once you learn you never forget.