PDA

View Full Version : My Teribble, Horrible,NO Good,Very Bad Day

Toby's my baby
10-16-2003, 01:33 PM
It's the first day of our 2 days off of school and my dad came up stairs to get my up at 8 AM!!! Then last night I let our kitten (C.P.) out to do his bussiness befor he came in for the night and I went to get him and I couldn't find him, it got below 20 degrees last night and I was very worried when my mom couldnt find him in the morning. I got dressed and went to feed the horses and I looked up and Thumper (our little escape artist) was standing in the woods! I grabbed his halter and climbed between the fence and put his halter on. I walked around him to make sure he was o.k. and had no wounds befor I let him move. When I got to his back right hoove the wire from the fence was around it!! I pulled to wire to get it loose and then tried to lift up Thumpers hoove and thumper wouldnt pick it up. So i pulled the wire a little more and got it to the bottom of his hoove and pushed on him to make him go, he took one step. Now that he was free from the wire I had to get him out of the thick woods. I walked ahead a little on the fence line and broke any branches that might get in his way. I went back to lead thumper along to fence line and He thought he was still cought in the wire and wouldnt go, I finally got him out and Austin our other horse was galloping around the pasture because his pasture buddy was back!! Then I went over to my grandpas shop and found C.P.!!!!!! At 9:00 AM my dad told me I had to go and plow in the feild (up by Emma's house(Dogz) after about an hour my dad stopped me and told me to put the plow in the ground deeper. when i let go of the clutch I thought my dad was just going to jump off like the last time and instead when I let go of the clutch it jerked to tracter and my dad fell!!!! Luckally he grabbed to handle and didnt fall under neath the tire of the tracter... (*I could have killed my dad*) :( :eek: :eek: :eek: I was SSSOO scared. I stopped the tracter because I realized that I was dragging my dad and he jumped off and I continued plowing. The only cool part of my day was that i saw a coyote for the first time!!!:eek: they are really pretty.
SO THATS MY MORNING SO FAR!!! TELL ME ABOUT YOUR *TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO GOOD, VERY BAD DAY!!!!! that you have ever had

Foam
10-16-2003, 02:41 PM
Oh, gosh that's a scare. :( I hope your day gets better! :)

Yes, Coyotes are very beautiful animals. Living in Arizona, I see them all the time! I've even seen one in the pit behind my backyard! :eek: They might be pretty, but keep in mind thay are still wild animals.
In Arizona, people are encouraged not to take their dogs for walks on the mountains because there have been several reports of coyotes jumping out, and actually taking, and running off with the smaller dogs, or trying to attack the larger ones! :eek: :eek: :mad: :(

Cookiebaker
10-16-2003, 05:20 PM
Yikes, that sounds scary!! That's a good thing that your Dad hung on.

How big was the coyote?? I heard them howling once when we were camping in upstate NY, but I've never seen one.

cali
10-16-2003, 05:25 PM
sorry had to laugh atthe title though as we just finnished reading that story in drama!:D

so sorry about your day, how scary! glad you found thumper and C.P ok though. :)

Toby's my baby
10-16-2003, 05:55 PM
the coyote was about as big as a border collie

Toby's my baby
10-16-2003, 05:58 PM
We have a mountain lion around our house and you can hear it scream at night:eek: !!!!! I get really nervous about the horses. The mountain lions around here have attacked about 10 horses!!:eek: The mountain lion is not scared of coming in peoples yards because people 1 mile west of us saw it in there yard!!

cali
10-16-2003, 06:13 PM
yep generally coyotes are the same size as border collies :)

We have a mountain lion around our house and you can hear it scream at night !!!!! I get really nervous about the horses. The mountain lions around here have attacked about 10 horses!! The mountain lion is not scared of coming in peoples yards because people 1 mile west of us saw it in there yard!!
oooo how scary! thats the thing I have always been worried about, I have always wanted a horse but I have always been afraid of all the wild animals that would gladly break in and kill it?
and I gotta have sheep cuz I will be a border collie breeder, but where would I keep them to make absolute sure they were safe? I am just really paranoid about these things..:eek: