PDA

View Full Version : Dad's in the hospital again :(

luckies4me
10-16-2003, 11:04 AM
Well my dads in the hospital again. :( He has so much pain from the sores on his legs. Can everyone PLEASE send a prayer for my dad until his legs are healed??!!! Please, he really needs it. If he can get the sores on his ankles to heal, he won't have anymore pain and then he can actually walk, which means he will get circulation in his legs again and NOT have to get amputated. They are putting a pic line in him today, and will start him on another course of different antibiotics. He has had these sores for YEARS and they will not go away. They are eating at his flesh. Please pray that this antibioitc works so that he can walk again, please.
:(

tatsxxx11
10-16-2003, 11:08 AM
I know from my work as a nurse how difficult it is for these chronic wounds to heal and how distressing it is for the family and patient; and how painful:(:( You and your Dad are in my thoughts and prayers with hopes that this course of antibiotics will do the trick. I want so badly for your Dad to heal, to regain his circulation and to walk again. Sending lots of postivie thoughts and healing wishes to your Dad...Love, Sandra

luckies4me
10-16-2003, 11:13 AM
Thank you so much! He really hurts right now. Even the morphine is not working, they took him off the patch now and he will get a drip. He says he has Peripheral Vascual Disease? I am not sure exactly what that is, but that combined with his diabetes (which the doctors did not tell him he had til not too long ago and actually HID it from him) and his smoking etc. makes for a very bad combination. I am so scared this is going to put more stress on his heart, which it not very healthy.

I just want him to get better, I want everyone to get better!

luckies4me
10-16-2003, 11:14 AM
One thing that is funny is that he always talks about how cute his nurses are lol. He's single. :p Ok well, widowed, but still single.

stacwase
10-16-2003, 11:57 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Peripheral Vascular Disease, diabetes, and smoking are such a bad combination. I said a prayer to help relieve his pain. Hang in there - I know it's so difficult watching a loved one suffer.

slick
10-16-2003, 12:10 PM
Prayers on the way for your Dad.

wolfsoul
10-16-2003, 12:19 PM
Oh dear, that's terrible. :( Prayers on the way.