PDA

View Full Version : More bad news !!!

sqwelch
10-16-2003, 07:56 AM
As some of you may know, I had to get my cat put to sleep about 5 weeks ago cos he had cancer. A couple of weeks later I came across a rabbit (Fester) someone had dumped him (everyone said it was fate). I was wary about taking him in cos I've got another cat Bonnie and I didn't know how she would get on with him but as things went the pair of them seemed to be able to live together.
I took loads of advice as to whether Fester should be snipped and he was booked in this morning for the big op, things didn't go as planned and he passed away under anaestetic (which I'm told is extremely common). As you can imagine I'm going through the guilt trip again, asking myself why I had to put him through it in the first place etc etc.
Just thought I'd update you all and let you know I'm back down to a 1 pet family again and as you can imagine Bonnie will again be spoiled rotten over the next few weeks !!
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Logan
10-16-2003, 08:18 AM
I'm so sorry. :( You have suffered too much loss in recent weeks. I still believe you did the right thing, I'm just sorry that Fester didn't make it. :(

Rest in Peace, sweet Fester.

ramanth
10-16-2003, 08:23 AM
So sorry for your losses. :(

Barbara
10-16-2003, 08:26 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Fester. He must have had a heart condition:(

But I am sure he was very glad he had met you.

Give some kissies to dear Bonnie:)

catlover4ever
10-16-2003, 08:54 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Fester. {{{{hugs}}}} to you and Bonnie.

catmandu
10-16-2003, 09:48 AM
We are soory about Fester. But at least he went to the Rainbow Bridge as a beloved Cat , not as a stray. Now he will never be cold , or hungry anymore. Bless you for helping!

Killearn Kitties
10-16-2003, 02:48 PM
I'm so sorry about beautiful Fester. You must feel dreadful tonight.

I wonder whether those folk who dumped him knew there was a problem? Please try to be glad you found him though. You gave him a lovely home for a few weeks, and that was better than the alternative for him.

Loads of hugs to you and Bonnie.

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-16-2003, 02:52 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss. Bless you for giving Fester such love and hapiness in the short time he was with you. (((HUGS))))

Steffi N
10-16-2003, 02:53 PM
I am sorry to hear about Fester. He was probably in poor health, but he had your love and care for his last days. I'm sure Bonnie will be a great comfort to you now.

slick
10-16-2003, 03:07 PM
Oh Sqwelch, I'm so sorry for your loss. Please don't feel guilty because you were being responsible. Hugs to you. RIP dear Fester and bunny hop your life away at the RB.:(

momofcats
10-16-2003, 04:06 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss. Fester knows you loved him and you would never intentionally hurt him. You gave him love and hapiness in the short time he was with you.

Miss Meow
10-16-2003, 05:55 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Fester. Your story of his rescue touched me. I'm sure he's thankful for saving him and making his last weeks wonderful ones indeed {{{hugs}}}

Uabassoon
10-16-2003, 06:44 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Fester, but he is now hopping around at the rainbow bridge happy that you gave him a good life while he was with you.

rg_girlca
10-16-2003, 11:15 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss of little Fester.

Rest in peace Fester.

krazyaboutkatz
10-16-2003, 11:35 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Fester's passing. :( At least he felt loved before he went to Rainbow Bridge. After some time has passed you may want to think about adopting another furkid for Bonnie. Please take care. RIP sweet Fester.

sqwelch
10-20-2003, 11:27 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts...............its been a tough weekend where I've shed loads of tears but life can only get better, I HOPE!!!. Although poor Fester was only with me for 5 weeks I grew to love him like he was with me for years, he helped me get over the loss of Jock and I'll always be grateful to him :(

RIP Fester you'll always be in my heart !!!

kimlovescats
10-21-2003, 12:58 AM
I am so very sorry about your loss. Fester didn't feel any pain under the anesthesia, so let that comfort you some. Also, you should rest in the fact that you showed this bunny lots of love, and gave him a wonderful home with you for 5 wonderful weeks!

HUGS!

catmandu
10-21-2003, 10:51 AM
OOPS! I mis identifeid Fester as a Cat! But what I say is true and right now Fester is sitting at a Big salad Bar , where he can eat all he wants , and never be chased , and have all the Little Rabbits as Pals! And The Cats and Dogs TOO! RIP Fester! And he will have the Original Fester , Jackie Coogan , as a BUDDY!