PDA

View Full Version : Bad news;good news

catcrazylady
10-16-2003, 12:08 AM
I am kind of new here and everyone is so kind. I just feel the need to share some bad news and good news. It is 1:00am and I am unable to sleep because I am afraid. Someone broke into our house today while we were at work. We came home to a battered back door and shattered glass. The door was also left standing open. As soon as I realized what happened fear for my nine furbabies gripped my heart and I froze! I was terrified of what someone might have done to them. When we walked in the door I was greeted by a couple of the babies standing in glass, but thankfully ok! After searching the house I managed to find the rest of our terrified furballs! There were things taken, some of which were of great sentimental value, and other things that can be replaced. I have been on my knees thanking God that he kept my babies safe!!! I have never been so afraid for these little guys! What a nightmare it must have been to hear the beating on the door and the glass shattering. Then strangers going through your home where they have always felt safe! I'm angry, I'm scared, but most of all I am so thankful that it makes me cry! I have at this point seen no signs of cuts or glass in any paws. Something really bad happened today, but something wonderful as well. I will be sleeping in a recliner tonight where I can see the back door until we get it properly repaired tomorrow (I guess that is really today!) I know that I will have lots of babies sharing my recliner with me tonight and there will be no complaints from me!!!!! Thanks for sharing this with me because I know you all understand the fear that I felt! Thank you once again God for taking care of my furballs. Everyone give extra hugs to the furkids today cause you just never know.

shais_mom
10-16-2003, 12:37 AM
So sorry that this happened to you. Very scary.
Glad your furbies are safe tho.

krazyaboutkatz
10-16-2003, 12:47 AM
What a traumatic experience this must have been for your furkids. :eek: I'm so sorry that this happened to you :( but on the bright side I'm so glad that all of your furkids are fine. :) Have there been other robberies in your area? Hopefully the police will be able to catch these terrible people.:mad: At least you'll have your cats to help to comfort you tonight. Please take care.

popcornbird
10-16-2003, 01:29 AM
Oh my! That is SO scary! :eek::eek::(:( I'm so very sorry that this had to happen to you, but at the same time, so very grateful your babies are safe! Its so amazing, how God protected each and every one of them, when there were evil intruders in your house. :( Have you contacted the police?

Craftlady
10-16-2003, 03:08 AM
What an ordeal. I am so glad nothing bad happened to the kids. Thankfully their curiosity didn't allow them to get into the broken glass. I'm betting that the noise and fact there were stranger (s) in your house they all scattered to hide. Hopefully the police will have some leads.

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-16-2003, 02:56 PM
Sorry to hear about your break-in , and about your sentimental items which were taken.. Thank goodness no-one was harmed, and your furkids are all safe. Hope they catch those responsible and lock them up, where they belong.

slick
10-16-2003, 03:02 PM
Doesn't matter how new you are. We are here to listen and give support. I'm so sorry that this has happened and thank God the kitties are safe. They must have been really scared. In the long run, material possessions mean nothing compared to a pet's life.

catlover4ever
10-16-2003, 03:10 PM
Oh my, that is one of my worst fears. I am so very glad that you are OK and that your furkids are all right as well.

lynnestankard
10-16-2003, 03:53 PM
This is just dreadful news CCL - what a shock for you. I'm just so relieved all your 9 furbabies came to no harm - I know it's upsetting to lose your things (same thing happened to us) but the furkids who matter to you were not harmed at all. Someone was watching over them.
I don't blame you sleeping in the chair - I bet you had lots of company!

Lynne

Steffi N
10-16-2003, 04:55 PM
Such a frightening thing to have happen to you, I am thankful you, your husband and all your furbabies are all okay. I am sorry that you lost some things of sentimental value to you. I also hope that this intruder is caught before he can inflict fear on anyone else.

Miss Meow
10-16-2003, 05:51 PM
What a relief that your cats are safe and didn't come to any harm during the break-in!

I hope the police catch the person/s who did this and can return some of your personal possessions.

Uabassoon
10-16-2003, 06:47 PM
That is so scary, when I was younger my house gotten broken into once and I remember how scared I was. But I'm so happy to hear that all of your babies are safe with you and that they weren't harmed in anyway.

Felicia's Mom
10-16-2003, 07:47 PM
I too am glad everyone is safe.

Prairie Purrs
10-16-2003, 08:14 PM
I went through this several years ago--lost many items (including my grandmother's wedding ring, which broke my heart). Kacey and Kiri were the only resident cats at the time. Kacey met me at the door when I walked in and found the house trashed, and I was in a complete panic until I found Kiri. I was so grateful that they were OK!

It's a very scary thing to have happen, and I'm so glad your sweeties are all right.

catcrazylady
10-16-2003, 09:40 PM
Thanks to everyone for your kind words. It does help after something like this happens. The good news is that the police think they have the guy. They know for sure that he broke into someone else's home and there are three more robberies (including ours) that follow the same MO ( police talk...what does that stand for anyway?). Since they arrested him today and our robbery was just yesterday I have some hope that some of our things may be recovered. The last I heard was that the police were attempting to get a search warrent for his house. It would be a miracle but there is a little hope of getting something back. I'll keep you all posted on that.
I still am just so thankful for the furballs! I know 7 of my scairdy cats would have hidden. I'm sure Sammy came to check out who was in his house. He probably kept a safe distance. Leroy, on the other hand, probably helped the guy out!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif He is so loving and so friendly and insists that you pay attention to him. He has no clue that anything or anyone could hurt him. He was excited that all of our drawers, and ceder chest were open. He couldn't wait to show me!! He jumped in all the drawers and ceder chest and just looked at me like ... HA... you never let me in here!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/smile.gif I love that crazy cat so much! He was the one that I feared for the most. I know he helped (possibly by accident he hindered) the guy!! Anyway all the babies seem just fine, a little jumpy, but seem much better tonight. We have new glass, doorknob, and deadbolt. I feel safer now.
Thanks again for all the kindness. It meant more than you can know.
One more time...I have to thank God again for keeping my furballs safe. He is probably sick of hearing that by now! http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

luckies4me
10-16-2003, 09:47 PM
WOW how terrifying that must have been for the cats and you. I am so sorry you lost some things of importance. :( I am just glad that everyone is safe and sound. :) Keep us updated and I will send a prayer that your items are recovered and that the people who did this will be brought to justice.

rg_girlca
10-16-2003, 11:31 PM
I am so sorry to hear about this. How awful. It just infuriates me to no end when others have the gall too just help themselves to other peoples personal properties.

I am so glad that none of your precious furbabies were hurt. I'm sure some of them will be a little skittish for a few days.

I had to laugh though about what you wrote about Leroy. He sounds like such a character.