PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here heard of Friendster?

AmberLee
10-15-2003, 11:57 PM
A friend from another forum area just started with Friendster and was asking people to join her there as she felt alone ...

I'd heard a little about it as a networking area, but wasn't too familar with it. So I joined, but I can't figure it out. :o Can anyone tell me how it is you meet people there? I tried searching for common interests, but kept coming up with no matches. Sigh.

Miss Meow
10-16-2003, 12:17 AM
I went to have a look, but it's been banned from my work connection!

Can you just join, or do you need to be referred by a current member? I vaguely remember a story about a friendster-type site but you needed to be referred, not sure if that's the problem.

captain
10-16-2003, 12:25 AM
I can get to it ....... and it is a place to meet new people, but also to refer your friends to so you can all chat together, whilst meeting new people ........

There seem to have been alot of these coming up lately .... I was referred to one by another friend of mine ... which does not let you login unless you refer 10 other people ..... and you cannot put in rubbish e-mail addresses either ........... it checks and tells you that they are duplicated or that they have already been used!!!

AmberLee
10-16-2003, 07:05 PM
Thank you both for checking. Apparently you can join, but can't 'find' anyone unless they invite you to become your friend. (It did seem odd that NOBODY there but my acquantance and I liked books and cats...) :p

If any of you are Friendsters and would like to invite me to be your friend, I'm Amber Lee there and my edress is amberly-at-finnegan.net. If you would like me to invite you, feel free to post here or to PM me.

Regards

AmberLee
08-14-2004, 07:25 PM
Have any Pet talk people signed up with Friendster since this was last posted to?

If it requires an invitation (I'm not sure), PM me and I'll send one.

Uabassoon
08-14-2004, 07:36 PM
I've been on friendster for awhile I'm trying to find you on there Amber Lee but I'm having problems figuring out how to search for someone.

todd
08-14-2004, 08:33 PM
I have a site at that but have to look up the link .

AmberLee
08-14-2004, 08:50 PM
It's not the most user friendly site I've ever been on, but I like the concept... If I can ever figure out how to use it. *wry grin*