PDA

View Full Version : Why???

Samantha Puppy
10-15-2003, 02:16 PM
Why does every thread I respond to end up in my subscribed threads? I don't want to subscribe to any of them! I've looked over my user options about six times now and I cannot find where to turn this off. Can anyone help me out? PLEASE???

tomkatzid
10-15-2003, 02:17 PM
just go to your user cp and click on view all subs. threads and unsubscribe to them.
everytime you post it subscribes you to that thread.

Samantha Puppy
10-15-2003, 02:41 PM
I know, that's what I'm doing now... it would just be nice if I didn't have to. I like subscribing only to threads I'm really interested in and want updates on. I am a member of other vBulletin forums where each post to a thread doesn't subscribe you to it... it'd be nice if this one were the same.

tomkatzid
10-15-2003, 02:46 PM
OK, for no e mails, go to user cp then edit options and click "no" for e mail notifications by default.

Samantha Puppy
10-15-2003, 02:59 PM
But then I wouldn't get e-mails for the threads that I *do* want to subscribe to!! LOL I just would like the option of choosing which threads I am subscribed to and which ones I don't - not automatically defaulting to have them all subscribed. That's all. :)

tomkatzid
10-15-2003, 03:01 PM
as far as i know we don't have that option, all or nothing. I just go every few days and delete the ones i don't need.
anyone else know more:confused:

luckies4me
10-15-2003, 03:04 PM
Actually we do have that option. Hit reply and look down below, it will say "Email Notification" , just unclick that and there you go! Ones you want to have emailed to you, leave that checkbox checked. ;) I'm not sure if you have to uncheck it everytime you respond though, but I'm sure you do.

tomkatzid
10-15-2003, 03:12 PM
Or do the opposite, unsubscribe to all via "e-mail notification by default", then just click e-mail notification for each individual thread you wish to subscribe to.....tom

Samantha Puppy
10-15-2003, 03:28 PM
Alright then, let's give it the ol' college try!!!

Thanks!

Fuzzy317
10-15-2003, 06:55 PM
Also, if you see a thread you are interested in, but you don't want to post to it. At bottom of the page of the thread, below the buttons for "New Thread, Post Reply", is a button where you can subscribe to a thread. This is good if you forget to click "Email notification" when posting a response.