PDA

View Full Version : my kitty dribbles

uschka
10-15-2003, 01:33 PM
I recently rescued a stray kitten. She is about 5 months old now and she dribbles. There are tiny wet spots around her litter box and on the bare floors. She uses clumping litter and there are miniscule clumps in her litter box (besides the regular ones). When I first brought her in she would always leave a couple of drops on my T-shirt when I held her.

Please help if you've had a similar experience with a small kitten dribbling? :confused:

catlover4ever
10-15-2003, 01:45 PM
While I have not had personal experience with dribbling, I have looked into one of the books I keep on Vet Care.

Dribbling can be a sign of a urinary tract infection. I would definately speak to your vet and have her evaluated. Sorry I'm not more help.

10-15-2003, 02:14 PM
Sorry for asking, but what is "dribblle"?

slick
10-15-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by lut
Sorry for asking, but what is "dribblle"?
Sounds like she's saying that her kitty leaves little dribbles (drops) of pee. I would also make sure she does not have a urinary tract infection.

BTW: I forgot to say welcome to Pet Talk! You will love it here.

jenluckenbach
10-15-2003, 07:18 PM
I would most definitely take that kitty to the vet.

uschka
10-16-2003, 08:05 AM
Thank you all for your suggestions to help with Angel's problem. I guess it's off to the vet today. :)

Uschka, Angel and Roxxi

rg_girlca
10-16-2003, 11:10 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk uschka. Would love to see pictures of your little Angel. Bless you for rescuing her.

I'm glad that you have taken the others suggestion on getting her to a vet.
Please let us know how everything went.

uschka
10-17-2003, 10:22 AM
I called the vet yesterday morning and no one ever called me back. So I will try again today.

I have no way of getting pictures since I have an ancient computer and no digital camera....

Uschka
"Never met a cat I didn't love"

10-17-2003, 10:58 AM
Please call that vet again, or look for another one, as your kitty needs help urgently!:(

uschka
10-18-2003, 03:06 PM
Called the vet again - Angel is naow on Clavamox. I hope that will clear things up. She is such a darling kitten and I want her to be well and happy.

Thanks to all of you for your concern.

Uschka