PDA

View Full Version : Thursdays #24

catland
10-15-2003, 12:16 PM
This is normally about the time we start our Thursdays thread for the week. However, for those of you who haven't seen the post in General, Richard is very concerned over the disappearance his friend's niece, Kayla Johnson.

So for this week, I'm going to light a candle and put it here in the window at Thursdays while we all pray for her safe return.

Please feel free to drop on by if you are so inclined.

slick
10-15-2003, 12:22 PM
Yes, it's going to be a rather somber Thursday. I'm not in a party mood now so will light another candle for Kayla. Also lighting one for Zippy and hoping she's OK too. She hasn't been on for a while.

catland
10-15-2003, 01:03 PM
Thank-you Slick, for thinking of Zippy.

mugsy
10-15-2003, 01:12 PM
Light another one for me. I would say the last 2 weeks haven't been terribly festive with all the sickness, death, etc.....I've managed to get myself into a pretty deep blue funk.

We're thinking of you Richard....:(

gini
10-15-2003, 01:34 PM
A Candlelight Thursday sounds very appropriate right now.

I just found out that a longtime friend just lost her Mother last night and my heart is going out to her in her loss.

We normally have a lot of fun on Thursdays. It is nice to know that the very same crowd can show up and express concern for Richard at this time "without a drink".

Let's just pray that by Thursday or sooner, that Richard has the best news for us about his friend's daughter being found, safe!

Yes, I miss Zip too, but have decided to leave her alone for a day or two. She deserves a much needed rest.

May the candles' glow reach all of you.

lbaker
10-15-2003, 01:41 PM
Maybe these candles (add mine) can bring some light to the end of what seems right now to be a very long tunnel, the glimmer & the shine of hope.

slick
10-15-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
Maybe these candles (add mine) can bring some light to the end of what seems right now to be a very long tunnel, the glimmer & the shine of hope.

May the candles' glow reach all of you.

Nicely put you guys. Let's all remember the thread Richard started last week about HOPE! We must remain positive and hopeful that things will turn out OK.

RICHARD
10-15-2003, 03:02 PM
thanks everyone.

yep,

I was hoping that the 'it happens in threes'
was it for me......I'm praying that is the rule in this case....I've 'used' up my three already.

even more frustrating is the fact that there is NO
place to find a picture -I'm still trying to see if i can find a copy of the sheriff's poster-
I haven't spoke to my BF since monday..

again, I'll keep you all posted and when I see something, I'll post it...

robinh
10-15-2003, 03:32 PM
It seems everyone is having a bad week.

Please put a candle in the window for Richard's BF's niece from me. I hope she is found safe and returned home to her family.

Also need one for my nephew who lost his leg after being hit by a drunk driver. This was in May and your prayers helped our family through that horrible time where we weren't sure if he would live. He is having surgery to do some scar tissue repairs on the leg with the hope that they can fit a prothesis.

Need another for his daughter who was just put in the hospital last evening for an evaluation. Her life is not going so well at this time and she is struggling emotionally.

And last but not least light one for my dear sister who is trying to help her whole family and is herself struggling. She's been clean and sober for 8+ years now and still holding strong. God bless her!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-15-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by slick
Yes, it's going to be a rather somber Thursday. I'm not in a party mood now so will light another candle for Kayla. Also lighting one for Zippy and hoping she's OK too. She hasn't been on for a while.
Candles lit from me too for all.
I believe the 19th is the one year anniversary of Zippy's precious bunny, Sophie, going to the RB. I hope she can see the light of all the candles from there and know how much she is missed.

I also hope they are bright enought for Kayla to see and find her way safely home.

:(

Miss Meow
10-15-2003, 05:01 PM
So much sadness of late :( Yes, it's a good time to light a candle and hope that things work out for the best.

Cinder & Smoke
10-15-2003, 05:51 PM
:( ...

For Sophie :( *R.I.P.* and Zippy

For Richard, and Kayla and her Family

For Robin and all her Family

And for All our other PT Friends and FurKids who are sick and saddened...

May Dear God Be With You and Bless You All.

/s/ Phred

RICHARD
10-15-2003, 07:09 PM
Thanks again everyone!!

Your prayers and thoughts are most welcome.

I'd like to extend my thoughts and prayers to Zip and Sophie, everyone in Robin's 'nest' and everyone else with ailing people/little ones close to them.

iceyshiver21
10-15-2003, 09:39 PM
I will light a candle for kayla in hopes of her a safe return and for everyone out there who is I need of anything tonight. Let us all keep Kayla in our thoughts.

lynnestankard
10-16-2003, 10:46 AM
Lovely idea - a candlit Thursday. To bring hope and light to all the souls who need it. It'll be dark here in an hour and a half - the candles already in the window to light.

Kayla please come home sweetheart - where ever you are please know how much your parents love you.

For everyone hurting - please God grant them peace. {{{Hugs}}}

Lynne

stacwase
10-16-2003, 10:48 AM
I'll keep a candle going all day long, starting now - for everybody.

gini
10-16-2003, 11:28 AM
Time for a celebration..............see Richard's post with the good news that Kayla has returned.

Let's keep the candles going.........champagne in pretty glasses looks so nice in candlelight - besides, I think the prayers are still needed here for Kayla and everyone who is having a difficult week.

RICHARD
10-16-2003, 11:35 AM
thanks everyone.

Kayla turned up......

It's one of those situations where you want to hug the kid and then ring her neck for pulling a stunt like she did.....she did leave under her own free will....with a 37 year old a-hole that she took a shine to.

It's good news, with a little 'catch'...:confused:

Thanks for all your thoughts, prayers and candles....You want a story to end on a high note - which it does, now you have to deal with the sequel.

I know this is a somber day but would anyone object if I have a 7&7 in a bladder buster glass?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-16-2003, 11:39 AM
Yes, candles are still needed for so many this week, but I agree that it's time for a celebration - a muted one perhaps, but still a celebration! Kayla's back! Sounds like she still might need some help, but at least she's safe and sound. I haven't been able to respond to too many threads, but I have been reading, and this is wonderful news to start the day off with.

Champagne sounds wonderful Gini, and here's a small joke to hopefully bring a smile....

You know you've had too much coffee when....

You can type 60 words a minute - with your feet! :D

catland
10-16-2003, 11:39 AM
Richard - I was just replying to your post in General and thinking, I'll stop by and pour myself a drink. It's rainy and windy up here today so I'm going to make myself a nice warm irish coffee - heavy on the irish.

7&7 - done.:)

lbaker
10-16-2003, 11:40 AM
Object?? Hell, I'll join you - and I don't usually even like brown liquor. I'll even get the first round. Oh joy, even if tempered joy. The candles stay lit though - it's been a super tough week (or two or three) for quite a few dear friends here - and within our own private circles as well. Mind if I kick my shoes off and wiggle my toes? I've been a bit tense.

RICHARD
10-16-2003, 11:42 AM
Mind if I kick my shoes off and wiggle my toes?

can you type????;)

gini
10-16-2003, 11:45 AM
A tall glass of giggles - yup - that is exactly what I need today.

lbaker
10-16-2003, 11:49 AM
before or after I drink brown liquor, Richard :o When my arm was broken I did learn how to tie my shoe laces with my teeth though :o :rolleyes: really :eek: Turned out to be quite the party trick :D

slick
10-16-2003, 11:49 AM
Richard I'm so relieved as I'm sure you are. Call me a dumb Canucklehead but what's a 7&7???

It's raining here so hard, we are supposed to have 65 mm in the next 24 hours. I need something warm and comforting. AWWWW group hug, groug hug.......

My candle is still lit for Tonya and others with a heavy heart. I'd like to light up another one for all the homeless people and pets out there without shelter and food. And yet another one for all the animal rescue people who try so desperately to save the lives of strays and ferals.

Laurie: want a foot massage??

momoffuzzyfaces
10-16-2003, 12:01 PM
I'm drinking ginger ale today with a cherry floating (er sinking) in it.

Such good news about Kayla. I hope things get better for every one else real soon too.

RICHARD
10-16-2003, 12:11 PM

My candle is still lit for Tonya and others with a heavy heart. I'd like to light up another one for all the homeless people and pets out there without shelter and food. And yet another one for all the animal rescue people who try so desperately to save the lives of strays and ferals.

Years ago my mom would sit by the window on especially rainy nights.
She'd look out the window then turn to us, sitting in front of the fireplace, and say, "If you were homeless on a night like this, where would you go?

Our answer always was, "Under the freeway". When I get lazy or just hate working i think of what life 'under the freeway' could be like.:eek:

slick
10-16-2003, 12:40 PM
Last March our office moved down the block and we are now right underneath a major bridge. When we first moved in we had to evacuate a couple of homeless people that had set up shop on the parking lot. I felt kinda bad about it but what can you do??

My reality check is when I see little children going through cancer treatment and smiling about it.

BTW Richard, didn't you have puppy pictures to show us??

I'll take my specialty please: Blueberry Tea with a shot of homemade Baileys.

RICHARD
10-16-2003, 12:48 PM
Last March our office moved down the block and we are now right underneath a major bridge. When we first moved in we had to evacuate a couple of homeless people that had set up shop on the parking lot. I felt kinda bad about it but what can you do??

My reality check is when I see little children going through cancer treatment and smiling about it.

BTW Richard, didn't you have puppy pictures to show us??

I'll take my specialty please: Blueberry Tea with a shot of homemade Baileys.

A seven and seven is 7-up with seagrams 7..

whoa....you office moves?????

BB tea, HEAVY on the homemade Bailey's.....

DONE!
puppy pictures.....lol, remember I am a man...my photo genes aren't as developed as a woman's....;)
It takes me a while to shoot a roll of film..:confused:

slick
10-16-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
It takes me a while to shoot a roll of film..:confused:
Some excuse.....we haven't seen nearly enough pictures of Eddie!!

BTW I hope your brother is doing OK. Can I light up a candle for him as well??

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-16-2003, 02:26 PM
Some excuse.....we haven't seen nearly enough pictures of Eddie!!

Ah-hem <crossed arms, tapping foot> Seems somebody has two kitty cats that we don't see near enough of either, and if I remember right, someone offered to send a camera so the other someone could take pics at will and we'd at least see some updated Max and Speckles. ;) :)

RICHARD
10-16-2003, 02:29 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/p438fbd96033a9145d74cddb1f5910af5/fc7d27a9.jpg

LOL......This is the reason I don't post too many
Eddie pics......;)

lbaker
10-16-2003, 02:37 PM
You know Richard, in a way it looks like he's hysterically laughing right at you. Was this picture taken the night you were running around outside in your [clean] underwear? :eek: :p

slick
10-16-2003, 02:40 PM
You know Richard, in a way it looks like he's laughing right at you. Was this picture taken the night you were running around outside in your [clean] underwear? :eek: :p
ROFLMAO!!!! Must remember to swallow.......:D :D

Debbie: Who, moi???? Was I drinking that day??

RICHARD
10-16-2003, 02:46 PM
You know Richard, in a way it looks like he's hysterically laughing right at you. Was this picture taken the night you were running around outside in your [clean] underwear? :eek: :p

no underwear was involved with that photo shoot...

:eek:

Eddie ALWAYS laughs at me......

catland
10-16-2003, 02:46 PM

or did it have anything to do with the mustard incident?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-16-2003, 02:51 PM
LOL......This is the reason I don't post too many
Eddie pics......;)

Whaaat...he's adorable! And he does look like he's laughing at you. "Look at the silly man trying to get a picture of me. Bwwaaahhaaahhaaaaa, I'll make sure he gets a real good picture." :D :D :D

Slick: Don't know if you were drinking, I thought you only did that during the day on Thursdays. :eek: :p But it was when Jen and I were trying to get you to post a picture of yourself in the Self Portrait thread.....remember....are the clouds clearing a little now...?

Richard, I think Slick needs another. :D

slick
10-16-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by catland
or did it have anything to do with the mustard incident?

Or the moth incident????:D :D

Debbie: Drat!!! I was hoping you two would have forgotten about that by now. Your memory is wayyyy to good. You taking Ginko or something???

momoffuzzyfaces
10-16-2003, 03:28 PM
no underwear was involved with that photo shoot...

You mean he was shocked because you were underwearless????????????????
:eek:

lynnestankard
10-16-2003, 03:31 PM
That sounds just the job - a double Baileys and Ginko!??!
No wait - hold the Ginko - I might remember something I'd rather forget! Eh?

Just ran round after reading the wonderful news in General - candle still lit - hope beaming out.

Lynne

RICHARD
10-16-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
That sounds just the job - a double Baileys and Ginko!??!
No wait - hold the Ginko - I might remember something I'd rather forget! Eh?

Just ran round after reading the wonderful news in General - candle still lit - hope beaming out.

Lynne

My sordid past always seems to catch up, then pass me...

I think we'll slip Slick a 7/7;)

MOFF,

God knows what goes on in that little head of his!!

Lynne,

Double Bailey's, hold the ginko.....

Done!!

lol....

I almost did a cart wheel when i finished talking to my BF....then, i remembered i can't do cartwheels!!:confused:

Thanks.

slick
10-16-2003, 03:53 PM
.then, i remembered i can't do cartwheels!!:confused:

Thanks.
Me neither but I sure can cart a wheel.......:D :D :D

groan....I'll shut up now. Thanks for the drink and glad to see the mood lifting a bit.

lynnestankard
10-16-2003, 04:00 PM
[i]
I almost did a cart wheel when i finished talking to my BF....then, i remembered i can't do cartwheels!!:confused:

Thanks. [/B]

Me neither but I do cart wheels around the supermarket - sorry Slick!!

Is this homemade Bailey's Richard - sure tastes good.:) :)

Lynne

slick
10-16-2003, 04:34 PM
Is this homemade Bailey's Richard - sure tastes good.:) :)
It's my recipe that I donated for today's parteee. Here it is.

In a big bowl, whiz up all the following ingredients until it gets nice and foamy. Then taste, then bottle. Does not have to age. Can be consumed right away.

1 mickey Rye
1 large (1 litre) whipping cream
1 small (1 pint) 1/2 & 1/2 or creamo
2 eggs
4 tblsp. chocolate syrup
1 1/2 tsp. coconut extract
2 tblsp. instant coffee
1 can Borden's sweetened condensed milk

This recipe may be doubled or tripled depending on the size of the bowl and the amount of consumption.......And of course, the amount of Rye may vary depending on taste......I always put a little extra in........

Makes three 26-oz bottles. Because it's made with dairy products, it only lasts about 3 weeks in the fridge. Unfortunately, it will have to be used up in that time........

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-16-2003, 04:38 PM
Makes three 26-oz bottles. Because it's made with dairy products, it only lasts about 3 weeks in the fridge. Unfortunately, it will have to be used up in that time........

I love Baileys! If you need to get rid of some of that big batch there, Slick, pass some my way! :D

Miss Meow
10-16-2003, 04:44 PM
Oh Slick, I LOVE sweetened condensed milk! When I was at home and cooking something with it as an ingredient, I'd buy two cans so mum and I could dip the spoon into one and eat most of it! :)

Hmmm, sugar ... :) I think I'll just start with a champagne today, it's a little early for sickly dairy products!!!

I'm so glad Kayla is back :)

slick
10-16-2003, 04:49 PM
I make at least 10 batches every Christmas to give away for gifts. Total cost amounts to about $6.00/CDN per bottle. Funny though, I hate the stuff. Way to sweet for my taste.

Debbie: I'll gladly bring some down if I'm ever in the neighbourhood.

Corinna
10-16-2003, 04:50 PM
So glad to hear Kayla was found. Kids what do we do with them. I'll have a white wine, as I am celebrating. My 22 year old is getting married so we are planning a July 3 wedding. By June I'll be wanting something harder.

RICHARD
10-16-2003, 04:55 PM
MM,

Champange!

DONE!

Ah Slick,

you don't like it, but don't hesitate to get others polluted;)

Kinda like my plan for world domination!!!

Corrina,

White wine.....

Done!

How many Thursday's are there before next July?

catland
10-16-2003, 04:56 PM
it only lasts about 3 weeks in the fridge. Unfortunately, it will have to be used up in that time........

You make this sound like its a bad thing.

Just wanted to share - I was updating a document here at work. Apparently I had made a comment in it a few weeks back where I used the words "ARRGGHH MATIE" - gee, I wonder what week that was;) :cool:

Corinna
10-16-2003, 05:04 PM
Not enough or too many My daughter is driving me nuts. It was nice though Rodger came and asked for her fathers premission he's from Arkansas those deep south guys.

babolaypo65
10-16-2003, 05:40 PM
Champagne for me too! and more for you Richard!

RICHARD
10-16-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
Champagne for me too! and more for you Richard!

YOU GOT IT!!!

DONE!!

slick
10-16-2003, 05:52 PM
Can we please have a toast to RobiLee who only has 1 more cancer treatment to go and she's finished.

Way to go Robin. You are an inspiration to us all!!:) :)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-16-2003, 05:57 PM

How many Thursday's are there before next July?
36 unless you count July 1st which is a Thursday too. Then it will be 37.

By the way, January 1st is a Thursday!!!!!!!!!:)

catland
10-16-2003, 06:04 PM
Yes, way to go RobiLee:D :D :D

RICHARD
10-16-2003, 06:41 PM
A toast to Robilee......

ONE MORE!!!!!

Done!

slick
10-16-2003, 07:04 PM
Well, I'm going home now. Thanks for the day. Last one out blows out the candles. I'll be back to help clean up tomorrow.

babolaypo65
10-16-2003, 07:23 PM
A TOAST!

Can we please have a toast to RobiLee who only has 1 more cancer treatment to go and she's finished.

Way to go Robin. You are an inspiration to us all!!:) :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-16-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
A TOAST!

Mmmmm...reminds me of the toast I had for supper. Pumpernickel bread, toasted with butter, peanut butter and raspberry jam on it. Yummy! :D

lbaker
10-17-2003, 07:23 AM
I just love toasted pumpernickle, especially the real chewy, homemade style! yum. Look at all this candle wax on the window sill :eek: Oh well, the candles seemed to help us all over a rough week so who's complaining.. not I. Especially since I just found some leftover Baileys * hehehe * See, sometimes being the early bird does have it's benefits :D
I've done wheelies in a cart before, does that count?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-17-2003, 11:47 AM
I've done wheelies in a cart before, does that count?

Cool! :cool: Sounds like fun!

I once had a boyfriend that did an unexpected wheelie on his motorcycle....with me on the back! :eek: :eek: That could have almost counted since I almost had to be carted off in an ambulance! :eek: :rolleyes:

:D

RICHARD
10-17-2003, 11:54 AM
Aren't men wonderful????

Until they try to kill the girlfriends doing wheelies......

I'm having a bloody mary this morning...

anyone? anyone?:D

catland
10-17-2003, 12:07 PM
why the heck not! Its been a stressful week. My company is beginning its first ever "downsizing" mode. So far I'm not on the chopping block but I know that the morale around here is going to get ugly in the next couple of weeks.

I suppose I shouldn't be drinking on the job but hey, it's Friday, and you can never smell a cyber drink on ones breath.:)

RICHARD
10-17-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by catland
why the heck not! Its been a stressful week. My company is beginning its first ever "downsizing" mode. So far I'm not on the chopping block but I know that the morale around here is going to get ugly in the next couple of weeks.

Done!!!

Don't you love the wordage, downsizing???

We use "reduction in force"?

I guess being 'smaller' is better that being fired.:confused: :rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
10-17-2003, 12:14 PM
It's a lovely fall day here. Can I have an apple cider with a cinnamon stick? Richard, did you see where I posted how many Thursdays until July for you? Now that you know, does it really matter?:D

slick
10-17-2003, 12:16 PM
I'm having a bloody mary this morning...anyone? anyone?:D
Hey you guys...I just finished cleaning up all the peanut shells and wiping down the bar. Try to keep it clean please???

And yes, I'll join you......if you can't beat 'em, join 'em :D :D

Catland: we call it "restructuring". Why can't they just come out and say "you're fired".

Call a spade a spade, why don't you.

catland
10-17-2003, 12:21 PM
the only good news is that we're a smaller company and the owner thinks I'm just wonderful.

I know our business has dropped off. When he told me that I might have to take on some additional responsiblities I gave that good old "team-player" response of "ok-what ever it takes, I'm there for you". (Besides, the dirty little secret is that I was able to automate a lot of my job from the person who had it before so I do have time available)

Yesterday someone didn't have that team player mentality when she was told that she was going to have to spend some of her time in another department. Guess which one of us is still here.:eek:

lbaker
10-17-2003, 12:38 PM
When I was a consultant for the feds I got "riffed" more ways than one [R reduction I in F orce] But I felt I was getting riffed every day I went to work. Now I'm at a non-profit Association and although the money part ain't so great at least I don't feel like a .. er, um lets just say person that gets riffed for money. ahem :o That being said, the bosses aren't here today so set 'em up and let's belly up to the bar
True story, when my m-in-law first met her husband she was with another guy that was just a buddy. She took one look at Ellis and did a cartwheel across the room. I guess she wanted him to notice her or something. Well he did. They were married for over 50 years before he - then she - passed away.

slick
10-17-2003, 12:52 PM
Last March my good friend and co-worker got the pink slip. It wasn't a case of downsizing but they told her "we don't see a future for you here". All because the boss didn't like her. Jerk!!

Laurie: I work for non-profit as well and I know what you mean about the money.

Ok, here we go with my cartwheel.....

OUCH, where'd that barstool come from??

momoffuzzyfaces
10-17-2003, 02:05 PM
I was downsized from my job at the insurance company after 20 years. Turned out to be one of the happiest days of my life.:D

RICHARD
10-17-2003, 02:28 PM
I don't feel like a .. er, um lets just say person that gets riffed for money. ahem :o

WILL RIF FOR MONEY????;)

Catland, Slick...

A mary for you!

done!

Moff,

AC with a stick!

Done!

I was RIF'ed, took another position, then I out and out quit..talk about happy days!!!

SLICK...are you o.k.???

slick
10-17-2003, 02:44 PM
SLICK...are you o.k.???
Kids, don't try this at home unless you have adult SuPeRvIsIoN...

I always knew I was 51 going on 35 but 51 going on 10??? I think not. Won't try that again. Got a big welt on my head....:eek: :eek:

Any chance of getting some pain relief over here in the form of a beverage??

I've never been riffed, but I've been called riff-raff :D :D

Miss Meow
10-17-2003, 06:04 PM
I haven't heard RIF before. My prior employer used to say 'we're going great, you'll get your bonuses this month' then on the Monday would have the 'outplacement (what a nice word) consultant' waiting in the office to start the chopping :rolleyes:

I also like 're-aligning our values', 'making ourselves more competitive' oh, there are so many!

It's Saturday morning Richard, may I have a Red Bull and vodka to start the day? Tomato juice is too much for me! :)

RICHARD
10-17-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
I haven't heard RIF before. My prior employer used to say 'we're going great, you'll get your bonuses this month' then on the Monday would have the 'outplacement (what a nice word) consultant' waiting in the office to start the chopping :rolleyes:

I also like 're-aligning our values', 'making ourselves more competitive' oh, there are so many!

It's Saturday morning Richard, may I have a Red Bull and vodka to start the day? Tomato juice is too much for me! :)

Slick,

you got it!!!

how's about a beer??? and some ice???

MM,

When you suspect that the outplacement clerk shows up, bring your own axe and challenge their authority.....;)

The thing I hate is our companies 'mission statement', I'm on a mission???????

RB and Vodka????

Oh just what we need, wired and tipsy:eek:

Promise me this, no cartwheels.

Done!

slick
10-17-2003, 06:16 PM
Slick, you got it!!!how's about a beer??? and some ice???
Thanks Richard, much better. That reminds me, years ago I dated a guy who always put ice in his beer. Thank God that didn't last long.

I've been following the "War in Iraq" thread. Maybe you need one too??;) Please, let me pour. I've ordered a pizza and should arrive shortly.

BTW I'm on holidays next week, but have to come in for a meeting next Thursday from 10 to 1. Do you think you could drum up some of those extra large beefy bean burritos??:eek:

catland
10-17-2003, 06:21 PM
PIZZA?

I was getting ready to run off my weekly reports and then get the heck out of here but I'll stick around if there's some pizza.:)

btw - Slick - do you have nice weather up there today? We've got a nice one here and I know that you and I sometimes share weather fronts from off of the ocean.

RICHARD
10-17-2003, 06:27 PM
I have an hour to kill.....

pizza and beer.....

oh, i know i sound boorish about the war in Iraq.

It is nothing personal and I enjoy the interaction.....as a matter of fact I don't get mad...it makes me tell more jokes....

It is a serious subject, sometimes you have to keep a sense of humor and common sense about things....:confused:

slick
10-17-2003, 06:28 PM
It's been p**** rain for 3 days, I'm talking pelting down. Windy too. The forecast is for more rain for a few more days. God knows we can use it after this dreadful summer, but it makes my 1/2 hr drive to and from work into an hour. Reminds me, better go easy on the beer. Don't want to have to "go" in the middle of driving home. I had a friend once who used to say that he only "rented" beer.!!:D

Lots of pizza to share around. Call me stupid, but I think beer and pizza go together just like mustard and Eddie:D :D

RICHARD
10-17-2003, 06:31 PM

Lots of pizza to share around. Call me stupid, but I think beer and pizza go together just like mustard and Eddie:D :D

why do i suspect that i'll never hear the end of that story???

catland
10-17-2003, 06:52 PM
mmmm - great pizza slick. Well, its almost quitting time. Have a great weekend everybody.

Good luck with your football teams. I expect a full report Monday morning.:)

slick
10-17-2003, 06:57 PM
OK, OK, I guess I've gotten enough mileage from it. I'll give it a rest for now, but I can't guarantee what the other PT'ers will do.

I'm outta here too! Won't hear me again until next Thursday....lucky you!!;)

RICHARD
10-17-2003, 06:59 PM
I WAS KIDDING!

if no one laughs at me, i feel so alone...

go home all of you.....

I have to catch up with Miss Meow.....it's already saturday and i'm still at work!!!

have a nice one!

slick
10-17-2003, 07:03 PM
I WAS KIDDING!

if no one laughs at me, i feel so alone...

I know you were kidding....

If a man stands in the forest and there is no women around, is he still wrong???

Your thought of the week.

Aye, Aye, and good-bye..

mugsy
10-17-2003, 07:04 PM
Well go home already....I don't suppose you could get me a birthday present and show up at our party on Sunday......

Miss Meow
10-17-2003, 07:10 PM
Richard, it's hang out on PT or start the housework so I guess I'll be hanging around for a while ;) Do you get paid overtime for weekends?

lynnestankard
10-18-2003, 05:12 AM
It's my recipe that I donated for today's parteee. Here it is.

In a big bowl, whiz up all the following ingredients until it gets nice and foamy. Then taste, then bottle. Does not have to age. Can be consumed right away.

1 mickey Rye
1 large (1 litre) whipping cream
1 small (1 pint) 1/2 & 1/2 or creamo
2 eggs
4 tblsp. chocolate syrup
1 1/2 tsp. coconut extract
2 tblsp. instant coffee
1 can Borden's sweetened condensed milk

This recipe may be doubled or tripled depending on the size of the bowl and the amount of consumption.......And of course, the amount of Rye may vary depending on taste......I always put a little extra in........

Sorry slick - had a hectic couple of days and have only just read your recipe - it sounds gorgeous - can you put me straight on 1/2 and 1/2 or Creamo? Not up to strength with that in my American phrase book!
Was that a misprint about only lasting 3 weeks - surely it should have been 3 days?!!!:D :eek: :D

Lynne

LoudLou
10-18-2003, 12:06 PM
I don't seem to post as much on PT as I have in the past,
but I do read a lot of the threads, and I just want to
tell all of you here at Thursday's that you (everybody)
always bring a smile to my face and warm my heart. I may not
post in here often but I always read it.
It's so great and reassuring to know that there is this
great place to go where everyone is "there" for one another,
sharing the good times as well as the rough and almost always
finding a way to incorporate some kind of humor into it.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell y'all that.
You are ALL Truly special, caring and FUN
people.

Hey, Barkeep? Rootbeer?;) :D

momoffuzzyfaces
10-18-2003, 12:36 PM
Any ideas for next Thursday????

Joke:
Why does beer go through you so fast?
Because it doesn't have to stop and change color on the way out. Hee Hee :D

gini
10-18-2003, 12:37 PM
bang, bang, bang - on door

Anybody here?

This was such a somber week so I ended it by going to the Oktoberfest at the Alpine Village.

I don't like beer - (it was just delicious and ice cold).

I am sore this morning from doing the chicken dance.

The oompa band from Germany was excellent (and are they ever cute).

gini
10-18-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Any ideas for next Thursday????

Joke:
Why does beer go through you so fast?
Because it doesn't have to stop and change color on the way out. Hee Hee :D

I wish I had read that before I posted:D :D

Miss Meow
10-18-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by LoudLou
I don't seem to post as much on PT as I have in the past,
but I do read a lot of the threads, and I just want to
tell all of you here at Thursday's that you (everybody)
always bring a smile to my face and warm my heart. I may not
post in here often but I always read it.
It's so great and reassuring to know that there is this
great place to go where everyone is "there" for one another,
sharing the good times as well as the rough and almost always
finding a way to incorporate some kind of humor into it.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell y'all that.
You are ALL Truly special, caring and FUN
people.

Hey, Barkeep? Rootbeer?;) :D

Well, we will just have to give a rousing cheers to you next Thursday! It's so nice of you to say those sweet things about us :)

Gini, I drank beer last night too, but it still didn't inspire me to do any form of chicken dancing. I hope there weren't cameras where you were, ba ha ha!!! :D

lbaker
10-19-2003, 08:41 AM
Hey Gini, any of that champaign left? I'd love a mimosa on this rather cloudy Sunday morn... I have the fresh squeezed orange juice and I'll bartend while Richard sleeps in after his hard week :)

gini
10-19-2003, 09:44 AM
Sure Laurie, there is champagne left......a Mimosa, I could do that!

But Miss Meow has me scared to death. Cameras? I never thought of cameras. What if one of my clients sees me doing the chicken dance? I can hear the jokes now.............

Let's hope that this is a great week for everyone!

(this is the only time the bar has been open all week isn't it?)

RICHARD
10-19-2003, 09:50 AM
the sound of clinking glasses woke me up!!

lol,

just trying to catch up on work.......;)

my boss is lurking so...party on!!!!!

i'll fix this round.....

DONE!

lynnestankard
10-19-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by gini
(this is the only time the bar has been open all week isn't it?) [/B]

What?! It closed?!!!! When? Did I sleep?!

Lynne

PS. Half & Half or Creamo is.............................? Please.

RICHARD
10-19-2003, 12:48 PM
What?! It closed?!!!! When? Did I sleep?!

Lynne

PS. Half & Half or Creamo is.............................? Please.

Substitution: CREAM, HALF-AND-HALF  1 cup = 1 1/2 Tbsp butter plus enough whole milk to equal 1 cup OR 1/2 cup light cream plus 1/2 cup whole milk
:D

lynnestankard
10-19-2003, 03:21 PM
Yippeee thanks Richard - home made Baileys available for this Thursday - or tomorrow if you'd rather!!!

Lynne

RICHARD
10-20-2003, 11:30 AM
Yippeee thanks Richard - home made Baileys available for this Thursday - or tomorrow if you'd rather!!!

Lynne

Tease my liver, why don't you???;)

lynnestankard
10-20-2003, 11:34 AM
Tease my liver, why don't you???;)

Oh who's a nawtee, nawtee liver den - who's gonna get tickled and tickled den? Hmmmmm....................

Lynne

gini
10-20-2003, 11:43 AM
Hey, what are guys doing rattling around in the bar on a Monday morning?

Liver and Baileys? Now you are going too far!

RICHARD
10-20-2003, 11:50 AM
Hey, what are guys doing rattling around in the bar on a Monday morning?

Um,

Plotting the takeover of the world???;)

lbaker
10-20-2003, 11:57 AM
If you expect to take it over with liver & Baileys you better think twice about it. Liver & onions, liver & bacon maybe - but liver and Baileys :confused: :eek:

p.s. Gini, re: you know what... ewwwwwwww

RICHARD
10-20-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by LoudLou

and almost always finding a way to incorporate some kind of humor into it.

Heck,

I thought we are funny all the time!

We will try harder!!!
:)

gini
10-20-2003, 02:16 PM
Um,

Plotting the takeover of the world???;)

Geeze, why would you want to do that?

RICHARD
10-20-2003, 02:30 PM
Geeze, why would you want to do that?

Lower taxes, lower interest rates, lower gas prices, no more world hunger, shorter work week,
pizza for breakfast and you can celebrate birthdays all month long - instead of one day a year......;)

lbaker
10-20-2003, 02:33 PM
Gee, celebrating Thursdays all week long is tough enough;)