PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in a Vancouver PT meeting?

binka_nugget
10-14-2003, 10:22 PM
Would anyone like to get together for a pt meeting sometime soon? I know there are a couple pet talkers from around here (and some people just south of the border). I'm not sure on the exact location just yet..but if anyone's interested, I'd gladly find a nice place. So far, Oreo_290 and I are interested. Anyone else?:D

GoldenRetrLuver
10-14-2003, 10:35 PM
Must...find...way...to get there....;)
Good Luck with the meeting, I wish I could go! :(

RubyMutt
10-14-2003, 11:09 PM
I could probably make it :) I love Vancouver :D

veegan
10-14-2003, 11:20 PM
WOO! im there baby!

wolf_Q
10-14-2003, 11:57 PM
I may be going to Canada next summer. Well, we'd be going to Glacier National Park in Montana which part of that is in Canada. I'm not sure how close that is to Vancouver though. Here's a map http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=M7tNO.p_0TqT&csz=Glacier%2C+Montana&country=us

RubyMutt
10-15-2003, 12:05 AM
That's a ways away :( Vancouver is on the western border of Canada, just above Washington. Want to make a detour????? :D

wolf_Q
10-15-2003, 12:08 AM
I'm sure we could make a few hour detour...maybe 3-4 hrs, but I doubt more then that. My parents would be driving. Maybe we could arrange an *in between* meeting or something? lol. But this is nothing for sure though, so don't worry about me. :)

(We would have the dogs with us of course! :D )

RubyMutt
10-15-2003, 12:20 AM
Ooo, I like the idea of an "in-between meeting" :D What's your route?

wolf_Q
10-15-2003, 12:27 AM
Well, I'm in Utah so I'm sure we'd be traveling up through either Idaho or Wyoming into Montana and up. My dad's rather crabby though so I don't know how far into Canada I could convince him to drive...:rolleyes:

oreo_290
10-15-2003, 01:05 AM
OMGOSH! i'd love to do this!!! i would love to meet everyone's doggies! i love them!......hope to see lots of turn outs! i'll keep coming back! :D

tomkatzid
10-15-2003, 02:16 AM
We will be learking in the back ground of this thread. The when's and where's will tell if we can join you all.
Katz

Tonya
10-15-2003, 05:54 AM
My grandparents live there; I need to go visit them anyways. I wouldn't be able to bring my pets though. When?

binka_nugget
10-15-2003, 10:05 AM
Maybe in a months time? Or more? less? Just a rough idea. We don't have many fenced dog parks here though. So I was thinking we can either go to a fenced one which isn't directly in vancouver (Port moody or surrey) or go to a unfenced off leash area.

slick
10-15-2003, 11:24 AM
I'm in.......Vancouver, that is :D :D :D Looking forward to meeting you all, as long as you don't mind meeting a middle-aged, mind-crazed Momma ...... Binka, if you need help arranging anything, just PM me and I'll do my best to help out.

Nomilynn
10-15-2003, 12:24 PM
Me and Nate could probably go :) But I don't think I could do it before Feb.. SUPER busy with Christmas and travelling over the holidays :)

primabella
10-15-2003, 02:35 PM
So close...and yet...so far...;)

Have fun at the meeting guys. Take tons of piccys! :D

slick
10-15-2003, 02:46 PM
I don't have a dog....but

I'll supply all the homemade doggie biscuits......in these delicious flavours....

beef liver
cheese
peanut butter
milk bone
veggie

:) :) :)

tomkatzid
10-15-2003, 02:51 PM
Slick...if katz and I did come you can "borrow" a dog for the day, we've got extras!:rolleyes: .....tom

slick
10-15-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by tomkatzid
Slick...if katz and I did come you can "borrow" a dog for the day, we've got extras!:rolleyes: .....tom
Wonderful. Can I be Auntie Slick for a day????:D :D

tomkatzid
10-15-2003, 02:57 PM
The girls would love to have a new "Auntie". :D :D :D

binka_nugget
10-15-2003, 05:52 PM
:D I'll pm you right away slick!

binka_nugget
10-15-2003, 05:53 PM
:D That means I get to see those gorgeous puppers of yours tomkatzid? :D :D yay!

tikeyas_mom
10-15-2003, 06:02 PM
mehhh I want to come.. if I get my N on friday maybe I can take myself and jordan and leather and Tikeya to it, ... I dont knwo the way lol. so close yet soo far mehh!!!..

I only live 4 hours away 3 hours if I take the highway rought ugh..

slick
10-15-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
mehhh I want to come.. if I get my N on friday maybe I can take myself and jordan and leather and Tikeya to it, ... I dont knwo the way lol. so close yet soo far mehh!!!..

I only live 4 hours away 3 hours if I take the highway rought ugh..
It would be so nice to see you and your pups. We have not decided on a date yet or where it's going to be so will keep you posted. I can send you directions to get here if you like. Where are you coming from??

Crikit
10-15-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
I'm sure we could make a few hour detour...maybe 3-4 hrs, but I doubt more then that. My parents would be driving. Maybe we could arrange an *in between* meeting or something? lol. But this is nothing for sure though, so don't worry about me. :)

(We would have the dogs with us of course! :D )

You'll be in my province if you go to the Canada part...and it's only like 2 or 3 hours from Calgary if I remember correctly. I've only been there once so I'm not quite sure.

Oh and as for a Vancouver one, if it wasn't during the winter then maybe I could make it, but well don't feel like paying for a flight out there during the winter and there's no way that I'm going to drive the 12 or so hours there from Calgary during the winter.

tikeyas_mom
10-15-2003, 06:16 PM
for me to take the greyhound with oscar to vancouver...

it would coast

Regular Fares for March 15
To: VANCOUVER, BC
Fare Type One Way Fare Return Fare
Adult $57.35 $114.70
Child $28.68 $57.35
Student
(Discount Applied) $51.63 $103.26
Senior
(Discount Applied) $51.63 $103.26

GULP!!! thats too rich for my blood. .!!!!! :eek:

binka_nugget
10-15-2003, 06:17 PM
I've just pmed slick. It'll probably be after feb (vancouver weather is yucky).

slick
10-15-2003, 06:41 PM
GULP!!! thats too rich for my blood. .!!!!! :eek:
Greyhound also has something called Companion Fare. You and Wolfsoul live in the same city so if both of you come down by bus you would pay half each. I can pick you up at the bus station. Something to think about.

We have decided that March would be a better month to have it and hopefully it won't rain too much. We'll keep you posted.

tikeyas_mom
10-15-2003, 06:49 PM
that would be a good idea !!! but I wouldent be able to take Tikeya... She isnt crate trained. Oscar is though

tikeyas_mom
10-15-2003, 06:52 PM
do they allow animals on greyhound, if they are crated??

wolfsoul
10-15-2003, 07:34 PM
Ooh I hope I can go! My mom has already made it clear that she's not driving me and she won't let me drive. So that pretty much sums that part up. As for taking the bus, I'm getting a job, so I'd be able to pay for it, but I wouldn't be able to bring Timber or Leather or the rats or anything lol.

I am going to ask my stepmom if she'd like to take a road trip. That way Leather would be able to come too. As for sticking Leather and Timber in the same car for five hours...:eek: That might not turn out well. But if I do that, I don't know if we'd have enough room in the car for you or Tikeya, Jynnelle. :(

Thanks for the offer Slick. :) I may have to take it up if I do end up taking the bus.

Jynnelle, I thought Ashley told me that you found something that said it would only cost $15 dollars extra for another person? If that's true, it would only cost us about $30 each for both trips. I can definatly deal with that lol.

tikeyas_mom
10-15-2003, 07:37 PM
no it said that one person would have to pay full fares well the opther persobn only pay 15$. which I dont find fair...

binka_nugget
10-15-2003, 07:43 PM
You guys can always split the cost evenly (if it was 50 for first person, and 15 for second, you could both pay 32.50 each).

wolfsoul
10-15-2003, 07:44 PM
Oh I see. :(

Grrr I wish I had a car. And a liscence would help too. Well, I turn 16 tomorrow, and I'm getting my stepmom to take me out to a *very* vacant place where I can't kill anyone and she'll teach me to drive. Then I can take my test, get my L, and I'll need a liscenced driver in the front seat, so if you get your N, then I can drive. Just need to talk my mom into lending me the van. The van that will fit any animal we want in it....I can see it now...

Pfft, I'm dreaming. :rolleyes:

wolfsoul
10-15-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
You guys can always split the cost evenly (if it was 50 for first person, and 15 for second, you could both pay 32.50 each).
How would that work though? lol. They will only take 15 from one person, and the fifty from the other...:confused:

binka_nugget
10-15-2003, 08:02 PM
You guys can just put your money together before you get there or, pay 50 and 15...then whoever paid 15 can give an extra 17.50 to the other person after.

wolfsoul
10-15-2003, 10:49 PM
That makes sense lol.

Jynnelle, I was just talking to my grandma and she told me that they just started letting you bring your pets, but they have to stay kenneled, and they have to stay under the bus. If they would let you bring them inside with you, I'd bring the rats. :( Oh well, I don't think you'd be allowed to bring rodents anyways. She also said it's really expensive. I guess that's why I've never seen anyone do it before lol.

wolfsoul
10-16-2003, 01:01 PM
bump

slick
10-16-2003, 01:07 PM
no it said that one person would have to pay full fares well the opther persobn only pay 15$. which I dont find fair...
Yes, this is the companion fare I was talking about. My friend and I took the bus up to Kelowna a couple of years ago and we just took the full fare plus $15, added it up and divided by 2, just like Binka suggested.

I'm getting soooo excited.......and it's only October :eek:

binka_nugget
10-16-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by slick
I'm getting soooo excited.......and it's only October :eek:

:D Me too!! I just hope that my mom doesn't back down and let me find a way to get there myself...cuz then I'd have to buy plastic crates for the pups to go in so I can take them on the bus.:eek:

slick
10-16-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
:D Me too!! I just hope that my mom doesn't back down and let me find a way to get there myself...cuz then I'd have to buy plastic crates for the pups to go in so I can take them on the bus.:eek:
No you wouldn't. I'm in New West, you are in Vanc, that's only 15 min away. I'd pick you up. I have an SUV and the dogs can go in the back.

wolfsoul
10-16-2003, 06:50 PM
Oooh my gosh, I'm excited too! :)

Hehe, I am getting a job at Wal Mart soon so I'll be able to save up for the trip. :D I found out that working there part time will give me 1200 dollars a month. :eek: Plenty enough lol.

binka_nugget
10-16-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by slick
No you wouldn't. I'm in New West, you are in Vanc, that's only 15 min away. I'd pick you up. I have an SUV and the dogs can go in the back.

:) Great! So I guess it's safe to say, that I'll be there for sure! :D

Jo-Jo, save your money missy! How about...when you get your car, you can come here for the meeting, pick me up and bring me home with you...sound good? ;) Lol

wolfsoul
10-16-2003, 06:58 PM
LOL first I'll need a liscensed driver with me...and my car...lol

veegan
10-17-2003, 02:15 PM
wowzers!! 5 months away!! :( well maybe by then Ill have a doggy to bring ;) ;) ;) hehe