PDA

View Full Version : Poll: What kind of CD Burner do you have?

micki76
10-14-2003, 06:47 PM
Do you have an internal CD burner or external? Are there advantages of one over the other?

My husband purchased an external, but I am curious if it's the right one for me!

Thanks!

RubyMutt
10-14-2003, 08:07 PM
I have an internal. Before I had it I really wanted an external. The one I have took me forever to learn how to use (well, the software did) :o Have you used yours' yet? How do you like it?

Cataholic
10-14-2003, 08:12 PM
Funny you should post this. I have a Predator, that I have used maybe 5 times, and it refuses to work! I can't get it to open, then, once I force it to open, it won't read....I think there is something to be said for internal CD burners.

binka_nugget
10-14-2003, 08:28 PM
Internal. I love it! I've used well over 150 blank cd's already. It's really handy for backing up all those pictures I have.

All Creatures Great And Small
10-14-2003, 09:17 PM
I have an internal Plextor PlexWriter, and I LOVE it! I got it for a great price from Buy.com ($118.00 2 years ago; probably MUCH cheaper now). At first I was intimidated by the thought of installing it myself, but it was really easy - open the case, stick it in the drive bay, connect some cables, and that's it. I wanted an internal because I didn't want anything else cluttering up my computer desk, basically - don't know if there's any other advantage or disadvantage compared to external. It's funny how I never thought I'd need/want a CD-RW drive, so I ordered my PC 2 years ago without one, but now I use it for everything that won't fit on floppy disks (in other words, EVERYTHING :D ).

Kfamr
10-14-2003, 09:44 PM
I have no idea what brand or anything it is, but it's a CD rom & CD burner all in one. It's internal.

I've had an external just a few years ago, before this one.
This one is WAY faster than that one!

Plus, instead of being external -- The internal is well, internal and our of the way. ;)

dukedogsmom
10-15-2003, 07:07 AM
Nero internal and the program is really easy to use.

anna_66
10-15-2003, 07:28 AM
Ours in internal. I have no idea of what kind it is...it came with the pc.

micki76
10-15-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by RubyMutt
I have an internal. Before I had it I really wanted an external. The one I have took me forever to learn how to use (well, the software did) :o Have you used yours' yet? How do you like it?

No, I haven't even opened it yet. I wanted an internal and he bought the external, so I thought I'd get some feedback first. I think based upon this poll, well take it back and get what I want! :D

Thanks guys!

ChrisH
10-15-2003, 10:25 AM
Don`t have either, :( but I wish I did.

cloverfdx
10-15-2003, 11:09 AM
mine is internal, it an LG burner/CD rom combined, and the program is Nero and i have no idea how to use it :o :mad:

primabella
10-15-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I have no idea what brand or anything it is, but it's a CD rom & CD burner all in one. It's internal.

I've had an external just a few years ago, before this one.
This one is WAY faster than that one!

Plus, instead of being external -- The internal is well, internal and our of the way. ;)

Mine is also all in one. Also internal. :)

Samantha Puppy
10-15-2003, 03:53 PM
I just use the one that came in the computer when it was bought!! :)

popcornbird
10-15-2003, 04:35 PM
My desktop's is internal and its awesome! I was actually just burning a CD to CD right now..............very easy since I have 2 CD ROM drives...............one with a CD burner, and the other is just a plain old CD ROM drive. I believe all CD burners are also CD ROM drives in one. My brother's laptop has a CD ROM/CD Burner/DVD in one, and that's also excellent. Its internal of course. My dad's laptop has a CD ROM and DVD in one, but no burner, so he got himself an external CD Burner for that and the older desktop. Its good, but no where near as good as the internal ones. I love my CD burner. Its great........very fast, quiet, does a good job, and its internal, so a part of the computer. My dad's external is always getting in the way! :p :eek: He he he

Miss Meow
10-15-2003, 05:10 PM
Our computer came with an LG internal CD-RW, but it didn't work. We got another two and they didn't work :rolleyes: so we got a TDK Velo CD and Nero software. It works really well, once we sorted out the slave/master relationship thingydoowhat cable things that hook up the other CD drive. Plug-n-play has a long way to go!

micki76
10-15-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
It works really well, once we sorted out the slave/master relationship thingydoowhat cable things that hook up the other CD drive.

Whoa! Too much technical lingo there for my liking! :p :D

Freckles
10-15-2003, 07:26 PM
You mean the

thingydoowhat ??:)

Miss Meow
10-15-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Freckles
You mean the

thingydoowhat ??:)

;) Yep, we got the whatsamacallit plugged in OK, but that thingydoowhat cable thing was another issue!

micki76
10-15-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
;) Yep, we got the whatsamacallit plugged in OK, but that thingydoowhat cable thing was another issue!

See? There ya go again. Way over my head. :p

(Really)